(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,837 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Jimmyhonda
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E54BB259-0F31-44BF-B804-8C6A446C0946 (resized).jpeg
00D01A41-0D86-4380-91A5-B70295EA5493 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7250 (resized).jpg
IMG_1149 (resized).JPG
93578905-A6FF-46DB-BDCA-FECED8A6AAB8 (resized).jpeg
20210402_132835 (resized).jpg
2021-04-02 09.25.07.png
20210320_192615 (resized).jpg
20210320_192606 (resized).jpg
31BA4420-3FFB-411C-B04F-AEE8A36CDC7E (resized).jpeg
D23813DE-C45C-4699-9556-58E7CEE0A39A (resized).jpeg
side (resized).jpg
top (resized).jpg
iu (resized).png
20210309_170129 (resized).jpg
20210309_164618 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7837 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 157.
#7651 4 months ago

So this happened tonight.

Total Nuclear Annihilation Speedrun in 15:35 (WR)

#7652 4 months ago

OMG WOW.. You are definitely a skilled player. I would bet that is the world record speed run. What was the final number that the game logged in the high score table?

Also... WTF, 1 powerball? Are you crazy?

Love it. Thank you for sharing.
--Scott

#7653 4 months ago

I've got a powerball in mine as well but I'm nowhere near as good as he is. Everytime the powerball launches, I'm like, "Oh, CRAP...."

#7654 4 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

OMG WOW.. You are definitely a skilled player. I would bet that is the world record speed run. What was the final number that the game logged in the high score table?
Also... WTF, 1 powerball? Are you crazy?
Love it. Thank you for sharing.
--Scott

The game logged 719 for this run. As I've mentioned before, this timer doesn't reflect the speedrun time since it doesnt time all gameplay as far as I understand.

Yes I am 100% crazy and that is why it has 1 Powerball. Just to screw with me and make it inconsistent :p

#7655 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've got a powerball in mine as well but I'm nowhere near as good as he is. Everytime the powerball launches, I'm like, "Oh, CRAP...."

I often also have this feeling don't worry.

#7656 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I tried the powerball.... crazy play... took it out

1 week later
#7657 4 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I just wired this up using the 4th unused LED wire from the drop target mod. Blue when ready, green when activated and red when ready to blow. All it took was one zip tie and I was done. It would be cool if the first color was yellow but otherwise I like it. thenotrashcougar might have a better place to tie into this light but the 4th unused drop target wire was a super easy and a quick addition if you wanted to test it out.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly the same post chipping and flaking from behind.

#7658 4 months ago

Hey TNA fans, quick Scorbit update!

**App Release Version 1.0.21:**

Release notes:

- My Top Scores - All pinball machines now display your personal top scores on that machine as well as globally for that title.
- Manual Score Submission - Added leaderboards to all pinball machines, including machines without Scorbitrons installed.
- Many bug fixes.

The My Top Scores will display on the main screen when you navigate to any pinball machine. If you haven’t posted scores for that machine yet, it will still show you your top score ever (logged on Scorbit) for that title. Note: this doesn’t require Scorbit connectivity, it includes manual score submission.

We’ve improved the manual score submission screen for those games without a Scorbitron installed. Now, all the leaderboards are visible prior to submission. Like a Scorbitron-enabled game, you can page back and forth across these leaderboards. If you start typing a score, it will jump to the photo upload screen to speed up score submission.

Finally, we improved some of the memory usage and navigational elements, QR code sizing and printing, player slot auto-claim features, and general graphic fixes.

Keep posting your TNA scores folks, new global leaderboard stats are interesting to us! There are modes we honestly didn't know existed.

#7659 3 months ago

Hey guys, I have a switch acting funny. It’s the E rollover in the top CORE section. When I go into switch test mode it’s fine Everytime I roll a ball over it but during gameplay it registers intermittently/rarely at all. Thoughts ?

#7660 3 months ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Hey guys, I have a switch acting funny. It’s the E rollover in the top CORE section. When I go into switch test mode it’s fine Everytime I roll a ball over it but during gameplay it registers intermittently/rarely at all. Thoughts ?

Did you test with a ball during switch test or your finger?

#7661 3 months ago
Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Adjust the switch... bend up and back a little.

#7662 3 months ago

I came back to play TNA a week later and I saw this going on:

Some lights are stuck on and the timer isn't working anymore
What should I be purchasing to fix this? Thank you for any help!

#7663 3 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Lift playfield and follow the wires from LED's that are staying white. Unplug and plug them back in to make better contact. That should fix it.

#7664 3 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I bought a timer before I found out that was the reason it was not working. You may need to buy a hot glue gun and reglue connector back to boards.

#7666 3 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

That is a serial cable not making good contact somewhere. It is a gray cable that runs all the LED boards in series.

#7667 3 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Lift playfield and follow the wires from LED's that are staying white. Unplug and plug them back in to make better contact. That should fix it.

That is a serial cable not making good contact somewhere. It is a gray cable that runs all the LED boards in series.

Thanks guys! Love it when it's something simple

#7669 3 months ago

Over the last month or so I have hardly played anything else except Rick and Morty. Last night I turned on TNA, to have a few games.

Talk about "one more game". I just kept coming back, and today I haven't turned anything else on.

It really is a fantastic piece of pinball design (IMO). So simple and stripped down, fast and brutal, beautifully clean shots when you make them (deadly when you don't), fantastic sound and lights. Just a brilliant package.

Even when I lose 3 balls in 1/2 a second as two of them crash over the flippers it feels like part of the speed and chaos that has been consciously and carefully created (damn you TheNoTrashCougar)

Thanks TheNoTrashCougar , and thanks for R&M as well which I love too.

#7670 3 months ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Over the last month or so I have hardly played anything else except Rick and Morty. Last night I turned on TNA, to have a few games.
Talk about "one more game". I just kept coming back, and today I haven't turned anything else on.
It really is a fantastic piece of pinball design (IMO). So simple and stripped down, fast and brutal, beautifully clean shots when you make them (deadly when you don't), fantastic sound and lights. Just a brilliant package.
Even when I lose 3 balls in 1/2 a second as two of them crash over the flippers it feels like part of the speed and chaos that has been consciously and carefully created (damn you thenotrashcougar)
Thanks thenotrashcougar , and thanks for R&M as well which I love too.

<3

#7671 3 months ago

I'm having issues with the pop bumper. It seems like a physical issue, but I can't track it down. I experience the problem when the playfield is down, but as soon as I lift the playfield, I cannot replicate the issue. Switch is nice and sensitive, but after certain hits, the switch is somewhere between somewhat and totally unresponsive. You can also hear that at times it is registering multiple switch hits on one press on the skirt. Banging on the playfield usually resets things, but I'm not sure what to adjust. This problem just started happening.

I don't know how to embed a video, but here is a link to me demonstrating the range from super sensitive to unresponsive.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gY9vbmrQ8PhJS2Dd7

Appreciate any help.

#7672 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm having issues with the pop bumper. It seems like a physical issue, but I can't track it down. I experience the problem when the playfield is down, but as soon as I lift the playfield, I cannot replicate the issue. Switch is nice and sensitive, but after certain hits, the switch is somewhere between somewhat and totally unresponsive. You can also hear that at times it is registering multiple switch hits on one press on the skirt. Banging on the playfield usually resets things, but I'm not sure what to adjust. This problem just started happening.
I don't know how to embed a video, but here is a link to me demonstrating the range from super sensitive to unresponsive.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gY9vbmrQ8PhJS2Dd7
Appreciate any help.

Did you check to make sure all the screws were tight on the assembly? Especially check the switch screws (x2).
--Scott

#7673 3 months ago

I am ordering the frosted drops. I see that the easy way to light them is put the insert lights behind, but dont want to lose insert lights. What can i get to daisy behind the drops?
Thx

#7674 3 months ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I am ordering the frosted drops. I see that the easy way to light them is put the insert lights behind, but dont want to lose insert lights. What can i get to daisy behind the drops?
Thx

there are install instructions to achieve what you're looking to do... go here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/136#post-5660175

Also, search a little further ahead and you'll find some plastic mounts that someone made to get the angle of the lights correct. You can order them.

#7675 3 months ago

So, does anyone know if it is still possible to get new mirror blades for TNA? Mine are scratched to crap and want to get a new set...

#7676 3 months ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

So, does anyone know if it is still possible to get new mirror blades for TNA? Mine are scratched to crap and want to get a new set...

+1

#7677 3 months ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I don’t think they are available. You could contact spooky to confirm.

#7678 3 months ago

I read in a different thread that TNA is going to be rerun? Is that true? Where do I send my money?

#7679 3 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I read in a different thread that TNA is going to be rerun? Is that true? Where do I send my money?

yeah, spooky/scott said a "2nd run" will be done, but no eta yet.

#7680 3 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

yeah, spooky/scott said a "2nd run" will be done, but no eta yet.

my bet is they are going to do this at the end of the R&M run to fill the production gap between it and the next big release.

#7681 3 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Where do I send my money?

same place as me! Just let me know when you have the answer...

#7682 3 months ago

Anyone pick up one of those upgraded alpha-numeric panels that go between the flipper?

I saw them on Pinball Life, and saw that they include some additional LEDs for an added light show?!?!

Was just curious to know if anyone picked one up?

#7683 3 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone pick up one of those upgraded alpha-numeric panels that go between the flipper?
I saw them on Pinball Life, and saw that they include some additional LEDs for an added light show?!?!

I have one in my game and it is awesome.

#7684 3 months ago

Yeah, it's pretty cool. A worthy upgrade I think.

#7685 3 months ago

Hey guys
My scoop rejects. A lot. Anyone else have this problem, or do I just need to aim better?

#7686 3 months ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys
My scoop rejects. A lot. Anyone else have this problem, or do I just need to aim better?

Backhand shots work best for me. I don’t get a whole lot of rejects but most come from the right flipper with a straight on powerful shot. Those I look at like a “Bally brick” from a classic drop target( seems like a perfect shot but gets rejected) the solution is to go for an imperfect shot.

#7687 3 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Backhand shots work best for me. I don’t get a whole lot of rejects but most come from the right flipper with a straight on powerful shot. Those I look at like a “Bally brick” from a classic drop target( seems like a perfect shot but gets rejected) the solution is to go for an imperfect shot.

This^ I find that the backhand is even easier if the ball has a bit of a running inlane start as oppose to a full cradle

#7688 3 months ago

Yes do it.

#7689 3 months ago

Ok, you talked me into it. Just placed order for the upgraded panel, and while I was at it, the components you previously mentioned for the RGB clear drop targets.

My friends absolutely LOVE playing this game. We finally destroyed the final reactor during a co-op game last weekend. So freaking awesome!

#7690 3 months ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys

Lower your flipper power, just one or two numbers-

#7691 3 months ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Lower your flipper power, just one or two numbers-

Thanks. Will try this!

#7692 3 months ago

maybe this is a silly question, but why not replace both numeric playfield displays to add more lightshow fx? Or doesn't it make sense to replace the one in the upper half of the playfield as well?

#7693 3 months ago
Quoted from unigroove:

maybe this is a silly question, but why not replace both numeric playfield displays to add more lightshow fx? Or doesn't it make sense to replace the one in the upper half of the playfield as well?

I did not write code for the upper one so if you install it in the core, the RGB lights will be on full white all the time. That would look gross and be annoying.

The reason I chose not to do this is because currently there are a limited number of these upgraded displays available. Also, I have to re-render every lightshow in the game to accommodate the new lamps. It's a ton of work. Maybe if the game gets a re-run, I will address this in that code.

--Scott

#7694 3 months ago

I did not write code for the upper one so if you install it in the core, the RGB lights will be on full white all the time. That would look gross and be annoying.
The reason I chose not to do this is because currently there are a limited number of these upgraded displays available. Also, I have to re-render every lightshow in the game to accommodate the new lamps. It's a ton of work. Maybe if the game gets a re-run, I will address this in that code.
--Scott

Hey, hey, hey Scott Danesi!

What’s this maybe stuff?

You mean when, right!!!???

I’m REALLY looking forward to buying a brand new TNA.

#7695 3 months ago

Maybe if the game gets a re-run, I will address this in that code.
--Scott

If? Dah! I have cash. Please take it!

#7696 3 months ago

Quoted from Goonie:

Yeah, it's pretty cool. A worthy upgrade I think.

Can anyone post a quick video of it in action?

#7697 3 months ago

Can anyone post a quick video of it in action?

Here's mine in action:

#7698 3 months ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey guys

I agree, this is the hardest scoop to make on any game I own. Are there any possible adjustments to make this better? Frankly, a direct hit to a scoop should not reject. There were initially issues on R&M’s scoop, but lowering it with washers and a slight bend and that scoop is 100% for me. Is there something equivalent here to help? The answer really shouldn’t be attempting a dribbling rebound shot.

I’m at the point that I just shoot the orbits and hope the ball falls down rather than shooting the scoop directly.

#7699 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I agree, this is the hardest scoop to make on any game I own. Are there any possible adjustments to make this better? Frankly, a direct hit to a scoop should not reject. There were initially issues on R&M’s scoop, but lowering it with washers and a slight bend and that scoop is 100% for me. Is there something equivalent here to help? The answer really shouldn’t be attempting a dribbling rebound shot.
I’m at the point that I just shoot the orbits and hope the ball falls down rather than shooting the scoop directly.

Have you tried lowering your flipper coil power?

#7700 3 months ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Have you tried lowering your flipper coil power?

No, I supposed that’s a good place to start. I’ve owned 90% B/W games (or older) so I always forget there is a setting for flipper power. And even then assume it was shipped at “optimal” power.

“Listen here Sonny, I remember back in my day, you had to swap a coil to change flipper power. That’s right, you needed to know how to solder, Sonny. We didn’t have settings, or quick connect doohickeys. You had to desolder, and then resolder things. Burning yourself and breathing in the melting metal smell is what made you feel alive. That’s how a man used to change flipper strength.”

There are 7837 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 157.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside