(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 239.
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure the next run of TNA is just a next run. Has a few mods preinstalled at factory but same code and same game FYI.

Yep, I do know that.

I am just excited I’ll be able to buy a NIB one again. I almost bought one from you about 6/8 months ago!

Thank you for posting that though!
Much appreciated.

#7502 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Yep, I do know that.
I am just excited I’ll be able to buy a NIB one again. I almost bought one from you about 6/8 months ago!
Much appreciated.

It is such an awesome game!

Permeant fixture in my home collection and R&M#420 will go next to it very soon...

#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is such an awesome game!
Permeant fixture in my home collection and R&M#420 will go next to it very soon...

So 2 permanent fixtures!

Lovin my RM!

#7504 3 years ago

So 2 permanent fixtures!
Lovin my RM!

for sure!

#7505 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Your serial cable for the green LED board that those are plugged into is loose or fell off. Follow one of the white LED wires back to the green LED board, then check that boards gray 3 pin serial wire.
--Scott

Thank you that worked. I love when it is an easy fix.

#7506 3 years ago

Does anyone know if an invisiglass standard size from a stern will fit a tna?

#7507 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does anyone know if an invisiglass standard size from a stern will fit a tna?

Yes, my machine has a standard size invisiglass.

#7508 3 years ago

Just joined the club today. Have wanted one since they originally released. My machine came with the fluorescent pink plastic protectors. I think it dims the lighting too much and I just like the clear ones better. Does anyone know where to get a set. All I can see online is pink and green. Also, is the shaker motor worth it. The sub is already pretty loud and shakes the machine pretty well. Thanks I’m advance any advice.

#7509 3 years ago

In my opinion, you should get the Green protectors and a shaker.

If you really want a set of clear, I can make a few sets and put them up on the PBL website on Monday.

--Scott

#7510 3 years ago

I just think the clear protectors would show more of the lighting affects and let you see the true color of the plastics, but maybe I’m wrong. Also, is there a settings list buried somewhere in this thread that shows how people have set up their games? I’m referring to preferred coil strength or is it just personal preference? On a side note, I tried playing some of my other games after playing about 10 games on TNA and it just feels like driving a governed car.

#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I just think the clear protectors would show more of the lighting affects and let you see the true color of the plastics, but maybe I’m wrong. Also, is there a settings list buried somewhere in this thread that shows how people have set up their games? I’m referring to preferred coil strength or is it just personal preference? On a side note, I tried playing some of my other games after playing about 10 games on TNA and it just feels like driving a governed car.

The defaults on the latest version of the code are the values that I recommend. The green protectors do distort the plastic colors slightly, but we factored this into the artwork. The green protectors actually are designed to glow like crazy during multiball as well.

#7512 3 years ago

The defaults on the latest version of the code are the values that I recommend. The green protectors do distort the plastic colors slightly, but we factored this into the artwork. The green protectors actually are designed to glow like crazy during multiball as well.

Quoted from Spagano314:

As someone who started with NIB game with clear, for a year. Then wanted coloured protectors. But wait.... 2 options? ....

I just could not decide. People saying why this colour or that. I wound up ordering both.

My suspicion being that the Green might look best, and also green is my fave colour. So I went Pink first, to give it a solid chance!. Guess what, I really liked it, pretty awesome!

I gave that a shot for about 9 months. Got a playfield protector for my TNA with one for RaM, and so when I fitted the PFP I done a big cleanup and teardown obviously. I installed the Green protectors... and...

OMFG it is BRILLIANT!!!

2020-12-07 00.35.45.png2020-12-07 00.35.45.png

20201207_152413 (resized).jpg20201207_152413 (resized).jpg

GREEN FTW Hands Down!!!! . Not even a fair contest. How did Pink last sooooo long!!!? (A. Because it actually looks pretty good! , but not Spectacular like Green)

Once you go Green, the Pink is never seen!

Set of used Pink PF protectors for TNA with a lock lane update for function and in great condish, going cheap, to some Aussie... like postage cost cheap!!

Pink? ... game is full of pink/purple and it just kinda washes into that. Also the greens in inserts of the lock lane don't show up barely at all.

Green? ... Super sharp contrast and just looks lost for words amazing in comparison!

#7513 3 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar will green be default on TNA 2.0? If so it would be awesome if the art plastics were printed to accommodate the green hue they add so the grey art come out as a truer neutral grey. That was my biggest issue when I tried the green.

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Are you doing just the green protectors without the art plastics on top?
thenotrashcougar will green be default on TNA 2.0? If so it would be awesome if the art plastics were printed to accommodate the green hue they add so the grey art come out as a truer neutral grey. That was my biggest issue when I tried the green.

Sorry that pic is mid assembly, but really had to take a pic of that Glow Man!!!

For me I'm fine with the oftentimes green tinged gray ! ... I like the chameleon effect that happens, radioactive concrete!

The pink kinda does problematic things to the light colours. I wasn't a fan of the Pink concrete, or having to cut windows in the lock lane just so that players could tell that the lane inserts were flashing green!.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/138#post-5675099

**A fix for the lock lane issue with pink protectors fitted.

#7515 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in selling a nice TNA in Midwest area 2 hour from Chicago Pm me. Thanks

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Just joined the club today. Have wanted one since they originally released. My machine came with the fluorescent pink plastic protectors. I think it dims the lighting too much and I just like the clear ones better. Does anyone know where to get a set. All I can see online is pink and green. Also, is the shaker motor worth it. The sub is already pretty loud and shakes the machine pretty well. Thanks I’m advance any advice.

I have a clear set if you like. I ordered my machine from Spooky that way.

I am on my 3rd set of protectors now trying different colors. For my money green is the way to go.

#7517 3 years ago

Yep, I do know that.
Much appreciated.

HUO with the original cab is the way to go.

#7518 3 years ago

Just joined the club. Spooky said it will be a while before they make 2.0 and I couldn’t wait . Are subwoofers and shaker motors recommended?

#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Just joined the club. Spooky said it will be a while before they make 2.0 and I couldn’t wait . Are subwoofers and shaker motors recommended?

1000% yes to a shaker motor.

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

1000% yes to a shaker motor.

Fully agree on the shaker.

I didn't put a sub on mine until I had it a year... I figured the sound was pretty awesome on the stock machine.

I wish I hadn't waited. Wow.

#7521 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Fully agree on the shaker.
I didn't put a sub on mine until I had it a year... I figured the sound was pretty awesome on the stock machine.
I wish I hadn't waited. Wow.

Wish you hadn’t waited for sub or shaker? Recommend a sub too? Thanks!

#7522 3 years ago

Alright everyone, if we combine our efforts, we can get TNA into the Hall of Fame! Danesi Fans Assemble!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YDNYLQJ

http://www.thepinballindustryawards.com/

#7523 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Wish you hadn’t waited for sub or shaker? Recommend a sub too? Thanks!

I've had the shaker from the beginning (like most people I assume). With an external sub you can really crank up the bass without rattling the glass of the machine, since the sub is not mounted to the cabinet.

So now the best sound system I've ever owned is on a pinball machine... blasting Scott's music.

Awesome.

#7524 3 years ago

We have a shaker on our very early game and disabled it due to rattling. If I had to pick one or the other I would go for a sub to really enjoy the bass in Scott's music!

Quoted from EStroh:

I've had the shaker from the beginning (like most people I assume). With an external sub you can really crank up the bass without rattling the glass of the machine, since the sub is not mounted to the cabinet.
So now the best sound system I've ever owned is on a pinball machine... blasting Scott's music.
Awesome.

#7525 3 years ago

Ran into a minor issue this morning. When a ball is in the reactor and slings around enough to fully overheat the reactor, periodically power to the flippers will die. It’s just for a couple split seconds and comes back fully a few seconds after the ball is ejected from the reactor scoop. Not detrimental, but it prevents your from keeping the ball in the reactor for longer and can also affect your ability to live catch the ejected ball with the right flipper. This only happens when the reactor becomes overheated. A ball in the reactor before the keypad is completed does not cause this flipper power loss.

Thought this might be a code issue, as I was not fully updated, but now running the latest code and problem is still there. I’m thinking a loose connection somewhere is being jostled, but can’t find a culprit yet.

#7526 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Ran into a minor issue this morning. When a ball is in the reactor and slings around enough to fully overheat the reactor, periodically power to the flippers will die. It’s just for a couple split seconds and comes back fully a few seconds after the ball is ejected from the reactor scoop. Not detrimental, but it prevents your from keeping the ball in the reactor for longer and can also affect your ability to live catch the ejected ball with the right flipper. This only happens when the reactor becomes overheated. A ball in the reactor before the keypad is completed does not cause this flipper power loss.
Thought this might be a code issue, as I was not fully updated, but now running the latest code and problem is still there. I’m thinking a loose connection somewhere is being jostled, but can’t find a culprit yet.

Sounds like a power issue. Play with the backglass off and see if the PD-16 boards are losing power. They will have the little red LEDs flicker if the power is not consistent. Its probably losing power when the shaker is activating from the vibration. Weird behavior though...

#7527 3 years ago

Tech support on Christmas Eve? We haven’t met, but I owe you a beer.

Both PD-16s have the same consistent red leds on during gameplay and also when the power drops - no flickering leds at all. Also the power to the shaker dies when the flipper power dies, didn’t notice that earlier. Thank you cougar of zero trash.

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Tech support on Christmas Eve? We haven’t met, but I owe you a beer.
Both PD-16s have the same consistent red leds on during gameplay and also when the power drops - no flickering leds at all. Also the power to the shaker dies when the flipper power dies, didn’t notice that earlier. Thank you cougar of zero trash.

had something similar; reseated fuses and all ok.

#7529 3 years ago

That is odd that all your coils including the shaker are cutting out. I wonder if your main 48v power supply is dying???

I will hit you up for some crawfish next time I am down in LA! jk jk Crawfish are my favorite though...

--Scott

#7530 3 years ago

That is odd that all your coils including the shaker are cutting out. I wonder if your main 48v power supply is dying???
I will hit you up for some crawfish next time I am down in LA! jk jk Crawfish are my favorite though...
--Scott

Actually..... It might be hitting it's protection circuit. You can check by sticking a cell phone in there and record a video of the LEDs on teh big silver power supply. Just aim it at the protection LED. Play a game until it dies and see if the protection is being triggered.

--Scott

#7531 3 years ago

The future is now... Just picked up TNA. Wasn't planning on it a week ago but things worked out well. Thanks to the pinsider for the sale. I have just finished up an 11+yr Twilight Zone rebuild. Guess this was my reward. Lineup is all set. Needed to move out a Pinball to make room. (time for it to move on... chimes and all) I'll see how long TNA sticks around as it is sitting in a spot where I'm hoping to put a Medieval Madness at some point.

I have one sound issue to fix but will be looking into it more over the weekend. (may be the "clipping" I have read up on?) Fixed a broken coil wire and adjusted one switch. Other than the sound, so far so good.

Destroying reactors has been a blast so far. Looking forward to defeating more.

game room (resized).jpggame room (resized).jpg
#7532 3 years ago

I noticed that my green light isn’t working. I read you can fix it by reflowing solder joints. I’m assuming just to add a little more solder where there is solder already. Has anyone had similar problems and fixed it by adding more solder? Thanks

BF4B14EC-A854-4D68-9BB1-F110FC167CF4 (resized).jpegBF4B14EC-A854-4D68-9BB1-F110FC167CF4 (resized).jpeg
#7533 3 years ago

Come on down Scott, crawfish are on me whenever! Mid/late spring is the season; should be about when R&M 518 comes off the line too!

I pulled and reseated all fuses and while trying to replicate the issue the fuse to the shaker blew. While discovering that, I noticed the power wires to the pin Heck shaker board were not fully seated so I pushed them down flush to the board. Now game plays great, but obviously no shaker motor. I don't have any 5 amp fuses on hand so Mr. Amazon is bringing me some Tuesday to see if all is truly rectified. Appreciate the help!

#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I noticed that my green light isn’t working. I read you can fix it by reflowing solder joints. I’m assuming just to add a little more solder where there is solder already. Has anyone had similar problems and fixed it by adding more solder? Thanks
[quoted image]

That LED could be toast. If you are handy, you can replace the bulb on the board or just replace the whole board.

Here are the parts:
Bulb: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=pbl-600-0288-00
Board: https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-3x3-lamp-board-assembly.html

Pinball Life is on Holiday break at the moment, but you can save them in your cart for later when we open back up next Sat (Jan 2nd) at 12pm cst.

#7535 3 years ago

That LED could be toast. If you are handy, you can replace the bulb on the board or just replace the whole board.
Here are the parts:
Bulb: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=pbl-600-0288-00
Board: https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation-3x3-lamp-board-assembly.html
Pinball Life is on Holiday break at the moment, but you can save them in your cart for later when we open back up next Sat (Jan 2nd) at 12pm cst.

Thank you!

#7536 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

As someone who started with NIB game with clear, for a year. ..... I installed the Green protectors... and...
OMFG it is BRILLIANT!!!

I started with clear protectors and the green looks much better.

#7537 3 years ago

Finally had my game of the year. Since owning TNA #95 NIB (Mar 2018) today was the first time I beat reactor 6, and continued on to clear reactor 7 and get within 2 shots of destroying reactor 8. For mediocre player me this was awesome and exciting. 7,379,917 is going to take me some time to beat. Still loving this machine.

PXL_20201228_223039477.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201228_223039477.MP (resized).jpg
#7538 3 years ago

DAMN!!!
I have never been close yet.
Great game.

#7539 3 years ago

Two quick questions. I have a read a lot on the topic, but what does everyone this is the best solution for play field chipping? The black neoprene washers, clear plastic washers, black plastic washers, and where did everyone get them? Also, did they ever make any kind of TNA specific key fob? I have one for every game except TNA. I might try and recreate a tiny version of the soundtrack cassette (which I would like to find some day). I’ve had the game for 2 weeks and have only reached the 5th reactor twice. I love this game.

#7540 3 years ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Two quick questions. I have a read a lot on the topic, but what does everyone this is the best solution for play field chipping? The black neoprene washers, clear plastic washers, black plastic washers, and where did everyone get them? Also, did they ever make any kind of TNA specific key fob? I have one for every game except TNA. I might try and recreate a tiny version of the soundtrack cassette (which I would like to find some day). I’ve had the game for 2 weeks and have only reached the 5th reactor twice. I love this game.

Reactor 5 twice. 2 weeks. Slow down or go back to 3 balls. . Wow I sux

#7541 3 years ago

Hey Scott, just wondering if by default, TNA used standard silicone rubbers from PBL, or the PerfectPlay brand?

Or, is there even a difference?

Thanks!

#7542 3 years ago

Is it possible to get mirror blades for tna from anywhere? Spooky said they don’t sell them.

#7543 3 years ago

Would love to have a TNA but have missed out on the few that have come up for sale and are within a reasonable drive. Reading through this thread...is there a plan to do another run of them? I would instantly get on that list if so.

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Would love to have a TNA but have missed out on the few that have come up for sale and are within a reasonable drive. Reading through this thread...is there a plan to do another run of them? I would instantly get on that list if so.

I contacted spooky few weeks ago and they said they plan on making more but “not for a while.”

#7545 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Is it possible to get mirror blades for tna from anywhere? Spooky said they don’t sell them.

pinball life
https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation.html

#7546 3 years ago

Not that I need them but PBL doesn't (currently?) have the mirror blades. They do have stuff I want for mine though.
Like this: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0471-00
and really don't need this but looks cool ... https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0166-00

Ghost hinges... did TNA come with these originally? https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=01-9011-R_01-9011-L_SS_ghost

I couldn't find the (turnkey) lit drop targets kit... hmmm...

#7547 3 years ago

The upgrades shoot again display and the clear drop targets are totally worth it. No kit for the clear drop targets but there is a post about all the parts you need.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/136#post-5660175

Ghost hinges were stock.

Also if you do the clear drop targets you can light up your scoop as well. Just grab 4 RGB Insert Lights when you place your pinball life order instead of 3.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/145#post-5917792

#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So I had some chronic issues with the audio signal shorting out due to heavy bass or most often the shaker going off on my game. It's an issue I've fought on and off for years.
I finally found a solution, the issue is caused by the use of the small headphone jack on the amplifier at the bottom of the cabinet. Headphone jacks were not made to withstand heavy vibrations like in this game and either the jack socket will become loose (cracked solder) insider the amp, or the cable will change angles as the amp vibrates and short out the connection inside the socket.
Fortunately, there is an inexpensive and seemingly permanent solution.
[quoted image]
Use a "3.5mm Female to 2RCA 3.5 mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Male Audio Cable" so the audio input connection from the monitor in the backbox connects to the amp using the RCA plugs, instead of the headphone plug. This is something they should adopt at at factory, as it is a much more robust method of connecting to the amp given all the vibration going on at the bottom of the cabinet.
Link: amazon.com link »

Instead of having an additional connection (that may be prone to poor connections) just replace the entire cable. There are RCA to 3.5mm mini plug. The current cable is 10 feet. I went with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YDUZ22/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00 which is 12 feet but seemed to have tight connections which I felt were key. It does work well, obviously long but better than short. (8' may be most ideal but I prioritized a tight connection) I turned my amp around to make the plugs more accessible and get the connection away from the shaker. I also did this as I think the mini plug had solder joint issues too.

#7549 3 years ago
Quoted from bikefreak:

Instead of having an additional connection (that may be prone to poor connections) just replace the entire cable. There are RCA to 3.5mm mini plug. The current cable is 10 feet. I went with this: amazon.com link » which is 12 feet but seemed to have tight connections which I felt were key. It does work well, obviously long but better than short. (8' may be most ideal but I prioritized a tight connection) I turned my amp around to make the plugs more accessible and get the connection away from the shaker. I also did this as I think the mini plug had solder joint issues too.

Ordered, thanks +1

#7550 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I contacted spooky few weeks ago and they said they plan on making more but “not for a while.”

Guessing they're busy with R&M. I'll buy a TNA with butter cab as soon as they make more. Haven't found any butters for sale in LA. So that's 2 sold there. Maybe we should start a list

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/151?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.