(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 239.
#7451 3 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

A new issue popped up today. I am seeing random colors throughout the playfield and the timer clocks are jumbled.
Suggestions?
Also, all the ribbon cables underneath the playfield are hot glued to the boards. I dont know if that is stock or if a precious owner did that, but it complicates things. If I needed to remove the hot glue , how would I go about doing that without destroying every light board?
Also, I am on the lasted code 1.42.
I lifted the playfied and noticed all ribbon and molex connections have hot glue on them. I started the game back up again and it was back to normal, but before the end of my game, it was showing multiple colors and the timer was not showing real numbers on either timer. I am hoping this is something central and easy to fix considering it is impacting all of the lights. When I go into light test, it will not not show all green, blue, etc....it is all mixed.
I peeled the glue off of the ribbon cables between the bonus lamp board and the ball saver display and reseated those connections. This fixed the issue for half a game and it went back to the same issue. The bonus lights are all different colors and they stay solid and the clock is not readable. Is this likely a bad ribbon cable, another spot I need to reseat?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Contact Spooky, but I have seen this before and this can be caused from a flaky power connection on the first PD-LED board in your chain. You can find the first board buy following the gray serial cable. It is the LED board that is closest in the chain to the backbox. The 2 pin power connector is not making good contact or is falling out of the IDC connector.
--Scott

#7452 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I told my daughter and her husband they could have a couple of my games.
Not bad when TNA is chosen along with one of the greatest games ever made.
[quoted image]

Man, I wish I was your daughter or her husband. That ship has sailed. But if you let me have my pick of your machines, I'm happy to be your bitch.

#7453 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Man, I wish I was your daughter or her husband. That ship has sailed. But if you let me have my pick of your machines, I'm happy to be your bitch.

Sorry, man, but I can't get past the high rise socks.

#7454 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Contact Spooky, but I have seen this before and this can be caused from a flaky power connection on the first PD-LED board in your chain. You can find the first board buy following the gray serial cable. It is the LED board that is closest in the chain to the backbox. The 2 pin power connector is not making good contact or is falling out of the IDC connector.
--Scott

That was it Scott. I pulled the hotglue off the first couple connectors off the gray serial cable and reseated them. Tested and it was still an issue, so I kept going to other connectors along that gray cable. Ultimately I think it was one of the 2 pin connectors powering the Bonus Lamp board, which are hard to push in based on the position, but I think that was it because now it works perfectly again.

Thx for the help. If it happens again, I know where to look right away and will likely need to put some hotglue in that spot.

Todd

#7455 3 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar

FYI, my 7 year old son is a pretty good pinball player. He knows how to do dead flipper bounces, drop catches, etc. He came to me crying saying "Dad you made a horrible decision buying this game. It is too hard". Hehe. He keeps playing it though and it is making him better.

Also, if you decide to make a TNA 2 with ramps. I will camp out for that preorder.

Todd

#7456 3 years ago

Does anyone know if the build number is listed on the machine other than the original box? I am the 3rd owner and it would be cool to know which number machine I have.

Thx

Todd

#7457 3 years ago

Inside the cabinet to right of coin door, right side wall I think .... on the build label, the number contains the build number. Mine is 439 and it has those digits isolated there.

#7458 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Inside the cabinet to right of coin door, right side wall I think .... on the build label, the number contains the build number. Mine is 439 and it has those digits isolated there.

Great, thx. The model # is 00005, which I assume is the 5th game Spooky made. The last 3 digits of my Serial Number are 397, so I am all set. Thx again.

Todd

#7459 3 years ago

What is super cool about the serial number of Spooky games is that it also has the Born On date on it.

Mine was made on 9/8/2017. Also, I really like my serial number.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7460 3 years ago

Hey neighbor

20200820_135134-1 (resized).jpg20200820_135134-1 (resized).jpg
#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

With this issue of drop target #1 not going down it seems like its not getting power - it doesnt seem like there are any connection problems...any other ideas? Ive attached a picture of that small coil to the left. The drop target itself has power because it is able to push the drop up in the coil test. The coil pull down makes no noise in the coil test so im guessing theres no power there - where would i look next to make sure its connected to power?
[quoted image]

After much troubleshooting including testing continuity between each coil and all the way back to the board as well as actually changing the coil we suspected the board to be the issue. It turned out to be and We identified the driver on the board which was the issue. Spooky instructed us to swap the 2 boards in The game that were identical and to reset the dip switches. We did that, plugged it all back in and everything worked as that bad driver didnt power anything when the boards were swapped

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

After much troubleshooting including testing continuity between each coil and all the way back to the board as well as actually changing the coil we suspected the board to be the issue. It turned out to be and We identified the driver on the board which was the issue. Spooky instructed us to swap the 2 boards in The game that were identical and to reset the dip switches. We did that, plugged it all back in and everything worked as that bad driver didnt power anything when the boards were swapped

That is actually a super effective way to diagnose driver issues without testing with a multimeter. You should now be able to identify which mosfet is bad and replace it.

#7463 3 years ago

That is actually a super effective way to diagnose driver issues without testing with a multimeter. You should now be able to identify which mosfet is bad and replace it.

Yea we identified which one it is with the multimeter - we didnt change it though

#7464 3 years ago

My left illuminated side rail isn't going on.

Is there a diagram showing where the wire is on the side rail itself? I can see where the wire is tucked into the hole in the cabinet going to the rail, but have no idea where it goes from there.

#7465 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

My left illuminated side rail isn't going on.
Is there a diagram showing where the wire is on the side rail itself? I can see where the wire is tucked into the hole in the cabinet going to the rail, but have no idea where it goes from there.

Contact Hooked On Pinball here:
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/contact.html

He should get you back up and running.

#7466 3 years ago

During a game, game started acting weird. When turning the game on, drop targets cycle. Switch test shows that no opto switches are currently working, is it just the opto board gone bad or could something else be the issue?

Edit: ugh looks like something more wrong than optos. Right scoop opto works, but no other. Keypad switches and left stand up not working either. All were working fine earlier.

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

During a game, game started acting weird. When turning the game on, drop targets cycle. Switch test shows that no opto switches are currently working, is it just the opto board gone bad or could something else be the issue?
Edit: ugh looks like something more wrong than optos. Right scoop opto works, but no other. Keypad switches and left stand up not working either. All were working fine earlier.

Broken ground wire on that switch bank.

#7468 3 years ago

Thank you sensei. Now my noob ass has to find it

#7469 3 years ago

Just got to Reactor 7, and damn does this game get better as you get deeper! The music, the lights, everything!

I sold a gorgeous Deadpool LE to make space for this game, and I had my concerns this game was going to be a bit simple and linear compared to some of these new Stern games. So far though, not at all...

Great job Scott!

No regrets at all about selling my Deadpool! If I knew how good this game was, I would have sold it earlier!

#7470 3 years ago

Master Scott, thank you for answering the questions of us common-folk. The left stand up ground wire was indeed slyly broken.

#7471 3 years ago
20201201_203929 (resized).jpg20201201_203929 (resized).jpg
#7472 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just got to Reactor 7, and damn does this game get better as you get deeper! The music, the lights, everything!
I sold a gorgeous Deadpool LE to make space for this game, and I had my concerns this game was going to be a bit simple and linear compared to some of these new Stern games. So far though, not at all...
Great job Scott!
No regrets at all about selling my Deadpool! If I knew how good this game was, I would have sold it earlier!

That’s awesome!

Good to know too.... because I have DP

Ha ha, I will get a TNA one day! (Come on 2.0)

I’m greedy though so I will keep my DP and just convince the wife that we “must” have a TNA!

@thenotrashcougar....
Scott your games are amazing!
Thank you!!!

#7473 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

That’s awesome!
Good to know too.... because I have DP
Ha ha, I will get a TNA one day! (Come on 2.0)
I’m greedy though so I will keep my DP and just convince the wife that we “must” have a TNA!
thenotrashcougar....
Scott your games are amazing!
Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the kind words man. I really appreciate it. It is very humbling to hear that.

#7474 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

[quoted image]

Nice lineup! I've got 4 of those 5 games

#7475 3 years ago

What is super cool about the serial number of Spooky games is that it also has the Born On date on it.
Mine was made on 9/8/2017. Also, I really like my serial number.
[quoted image]

So that's super cool, and well deserved to have your name tabooed on your baby.

It would be an interesting selling point if Spooky would put the name of the original buyer as part of their serial numbers. Not deserved like yours, but that would be a unique thing to offer.

#7476 3 years ago

I just felt the need to post a pic.

TNA (resized).jpgTNA (resized).jpg
#7477 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

I just felt the need to post a pic.
[quoted image]

Ooh, I like that color. What color is that purple?

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Ooh, I like that color. What color is that purple?

Not sure what the color is called, Im the second owner of this game and I bought it from Robert Stone who does a lot of powder coating for the pinside community. He has his own thread, just search "Powdercoat Your Pinball" and it should come up.

#7479 3 years ago

Just got the speaker light kit. Are there instructions online, cause I got nothing in box. Just need to know right spot for connectors. Thx

#7480 3 years ago

Nevermind..

16074713346521917925791987179643 (resized).jpg16074713346521917925791987179643 (resized).jpg
#7481 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Just got the speaker light kit. Are there instructions online, cause I got nothing in box. Just need to know right spot for connectors. Thx

Where did you get those speaker grills from?

#7482 3 years ago

Spooky Pinball LLC
April 18, 2018 ·
We've FINALLY got speaker kits ready for TnA... email [email protected] if you'd like a set. Fully interactive with the game code. Comes with everything you need including the stainless speaker grill covers. $75 plus shipping.

#7483 3 years ago

How about adding a jukebox mode like stern has done to all there latest games. That way I can listen to the games wonderful music without going into test mode.

#7484 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

How about adding a jukebox mode like stern has done to all there latest games. That way I can listen to the games wonderful music without going into test mode.

That's the best suggestion I've seen in a year, and I read game forums about an hour a day every day.

#7485 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Awesome idea!!!!!

#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

The full songs are actually not in the game at all. I released an album with the full songs on all the major streaming sites you can listen to for free. If you want to hear just the game loops, you can go into music test mode.

--Scott

#7487 3 years ago

The full songs are actually not in the game at all. I released an album with the full songs on all the major streaming sites you can listen to for free. If you want to hear just the game loops, you can go into music test mode.
--Scott

Or they could buy your tape and try to find something to play it on.

#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Or they could buy your tape and try to find something to play it on.

Well I'd really like to play it on the machine itself. The sound system in my TNA, connected to a subwoofer, is the best sound system of anything I own... by far. I'd love to have it sitting in the room blasting through the entire sound package before anyone steps up to play a few games. Currently I use the DJ Mixer on my Deadpool pin to do that, but I like Scott's music SOOO much better.

#7489 3 years ago

Can I just put this in the maybe file?
--Scott

#7490 3 years ago

--Scott

Definitely!

#7491 3 years ago

--Scott

Please also consider adding this to TNA 2.0!!!

I’m patiently waiting for 2.0 to happen, I know it might be a while but that would definitely be a huge plus! I’m also a huge fan of your music on this pin!

#7492 3 years ago

Yesterday my TNA played fine as it always has but this morning, it wouldn't power on completely. The screen said no input signal. I rebooted it a couple times with no change.

Any clues what i should check 1st?

#7493 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Yesterday my TNA played fine as it always has but this morning, it wouldn't power on completely. The screen said no input signal. I rebooted it a couple times with no change.
Any clues what i should check 1st?

Hit the little power button on the pc just below the DC power jack. I bet the pc is just not powering on. I have seen this happen on a few machines.

#7494 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Please also consider adding this to TNA 2.0!!!
I’m patiently waiting for 2.0 to happen, I know it might be a while but that would definitely be a huge plus! I’m also a huge fan of your music on this pin!

Pretty sure the next run of TNA is just a next run. Has a few mods preinstalled at factory but same code and same game FYI.

#7495 3 years ago

Hit the little power button on the pc just above the DC power jack. I bet the pc is just not powering on. I have seen this happen on a few machines.

Do you mean just below? Just so people know, it's tiny.

It's white.

It points to the right.

Did I say it's tiny?

A1FC0C58-9498-4B7C-9833-94785B8975D1_1_105_c (resized).jpegA1FC0C58-9498-4B7C-9833-94785B8975D1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#7496 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Do you mean just below? Just so people know, it's tiny.
It's white.
It points to the right.
Did I say it's tiny?
[quoted image]

Crap, yeah, that button. It is BELOW the DC Power jack. Make sure the game is switched on so the PC can power up.

--Scott

#7497 3 years ago

Thanks will try this button tomorrow.

EDIT: didn't really see a "button" but there was a white thing below the power cord and I pushed it with a screwdriver tip. The game came on. So that was it! Thanks

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Hey neighbor[quoted image]

We are right by you on the numbers too.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7499 3 years ago

Can anyone help me figure out what would cause these lights to always stay on and always be white? Thanks in advance

BC39BBEC-F7E3-480A-9403-54879E2D9C2E (resized).jpegBC39BBEC-F7E3-480A-9403-54879E2D9C2E (resized).jpeg
#7500 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

Can anyone help me figure out what would cause these lights to always stay on and always be white? Thanks in advance
[quoted image]

Your serial cable for the green LED board that those are plugged into is loose or fell off. Follow one of the white LED wires back to the green LED board, then check that boards gray 3 pin serial wire.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/150?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.