(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 239.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

KT emailed to say my game #75 "will be on the line in the next few weeks", though what that really means for numbers and orders I have no idea. I'm excited, but now I gotta get off my ass and put my ACDC lower playfield properly back together so I can sell the game. I was working on a mod for it, but at this point I doubt I'll bother going forward with it.
TNA is the only thing about pinball in 2017 that excites me, see if that holds true for 2018 too. Won't surprise me!

Don’t you dare stop working on that lower playfield mod for ACDC!! I want it!!

#702 6 years ago

Hey Scott, isn't there by chance an additional RGB LED connection free to hook up an RGB LED strip for undercab lighting?

That'd be totally nuclear awesome!!!

#703 6 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation now on location at Mutiny Information Cafe in Denver! Go blow things up for points!!

061E1C60-B865-4DC8-A89F-6CFE6FF2CE2C.jpeg061E1C60-B865-4DC8-A89F-6CFE6FF2CE2C.jpeg

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

KT emailed to say my game #75 "will be on the line in the next few weeks", though what that really means for numbers and orders I have no idea. I'm excited, but now I gotta get off my ass and put my ACDC lower playfield properly back together so I can sell the game. I was working on a mod for it, but at this point I doubt I'll bother going forward with it.
TNA is the only thing about pinball in 2017 that excites me, see if that holds true for 2018 too. Won't surprise me!

I hear you. Cash in an envelope and days off appproved on calendar. Waiting and hoping for 73. Will pickup as soon as ready.

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Don’t you dare stop working on that lower playfield mod for ACDC!! I want it!!

I've got scans of my lower playfield, selling the game just means I couldn't test things. Assuming I ever got around to doing it, I've only been putting it off for like 3 years now.

I dunno, I wonder how many people would even be willing to remove their lower playfield to install something.

#706 6 years ago

Emailed with Joe from PinballStar this morning. Finalized my add ons and the game will be on the line in a few weeks. #81 here.

Getting closer. Need to order my mirror blades soon.

#707 6 years ago

I played one last night for the first time. Very impressed. Gameplay and especially sound was awesome. The only thing I noticed is the right flipper seemed weaker than the left. I tried to look into the EOS switch and hmmmm traditional looking game up top, underneath not so much. Is there flipper strength settings? Also every now and then the right flipper had a mid stroke where it felt like the right flipper cut out.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I played one last night for the first time. Very impressed. Gameplay and especially sound was awesome. The only thing I noticed is the right flipper seemed weaker than the left. I tried to look into the EOS switch and hmmmm traditional looking game up top, underneath not so much. Is there flipper strength settings? Also every now and then the right flipper had a mid stroke where it felt like the right flipper cut out.

Could be a number of things. I would recommend first looking for mechanical issues with the flipper and then adjusting the flipper strength in the service menu.
--Scott

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I tried to look into the EOS switch and hmmmm traditional looking game up top, underneath not so much.

I noticed that while at Spooky Pinball a couple days ago. Others may, at some point notice, there are no EOS switches on the flipper mechs and wonder WTF. Charlie tells me Mr. Awesome took care of that feature with code instead.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I noticed that while at Spooky Pinball a couple days ago. Others may, at some point notice, there are no EOS switches on the flipper mechs and wonder WTF. Charlie tells me Mr. Awesome took care of that feature with code instead.

Thinking about that I wonder why this hasn't allready been done for a long time at Stern? XD

#711 6 years ago

Spooky did an excellent job

#712 6 years ago

For anyone wondering, my game went on the line almost two weeks ago. I had inquired about it earlier this week and Chris (Kingpin) told me that it should be ready next week and they should have a better answer for me on Monday. So looks like about 2-3 weeks from when it hits the line to completion.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

How does that work? Does it just time out after a couple seconds?

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

How does that work? Does it just time out after a couple seconds?

Would be nice if it was that easy.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

He made the flippers pulse so there is no bend when struck hard with a ball.

#716 6 years ago

Ohhhh my GAWD!!! 5th reactor started and 2 hits on it. Still shaking!!! Lol

20171216_134958 (resized).jpg20171216_134958 (resized).jpg

#717 6 years ago

greenhornet that is definitely part of it. But just PWMing the flippers is not always enough. There needs to be a balance and configuration for this so you do not get the flipper buzzing that used to happen on older Stern machines. I had some fun screwing around with this and got it to a good point where the flippers do not overheat, but still have all the power and proper feeling that we are all used to.
--Scott

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

greenhornet that is definitely part of it. But just PWMing the flippers is not always enough. There needs to be a balance and configuration for this so you do not get the flipper buzzing that used to happen on older Stern machines. I had some fun screwing around with this and got it to a good point where the flippers do not overheat, but still have all the power and proper feeling that we are all used to.
--Scott

Can you describe what happens when you're holding up the flipper and the ball comes down and hits it? Is the solution just to have the hold power strong enough to handle it?

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Can you describe what happens when you're holding up the flipper and the ball comes down and hits it? Is the solution just to have the hold power strong enough to handle it?

Nice try Gary Stern! jk jk

#720 6 years ago

In all seriousness though, I have something in my service menu called Flipper Hold Boost. If the regular flipper hold power is not enough to overcome the ball velocity out of that left scoop, you can set this higher and it will add a PWM to the main along with the hold coil. On the programming side, the trick is finding frequencies that do not burn up the coil and remain decently quiet. But all of this is trade secrets, so don't tell anyone.

#721 6 years ago

For us newbies...PWM?

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

For us newbies...PWM?

Pulse Width Modulation. I am basically just oscillating the pulse signal at a given frequency to give the flipper hold more power. Science stuff.

#723 6 years ago

Quick question: #8 TNA butter coming next week with all the bells and whistles. Can’t wait. Played it in Dallas last year. What is the preferred degrees for set up? Same as others 6 to 7?

#724 6 years ago

Playing TNA for the first time last night and the auto plunge would fire the ball and it sometimes would rattle on the sides and come back down. The auto plunge would try again and the ball would rattle against the side and not make it past the gate. Could it be the metal ramp fork or screws getting in the way? Anyone else seen this?

75D43BE8-0BBE-4FEA-89B7-ABDCCA147441 (resized).jpeg75D43BE8-0BBE-4FEA-89B7-ABDCCA147441 (resized).jpeg

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Playing TNA for the first time last night and the auto plunge would fire the ball and it sometimes would rattle on the sides and come back down. The auto plunge would try again and the ball would rattle against the side and not make it past the gate. Could it be the metal ramp fork or screws getting in the way? Anyone else seen this?

Could be, but I would think the shooter tip alignment would be the more likely culprit. Like maybe it’s rattling the sides before it even gets to the ramp?

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Could be, but I would think the shooter tip alignment would be the more likely culprit. Like maybe it’s rattling the sides before it even gets to the ramp?

It seems that the ball hitting the sides starts once it gets past the metal fork part.

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question: #8 TNA butter coming next week with all the bells and whistles. Can’t wait. Played it in Dallas last year. What is the preferred degrees for set up? Same as others 6 to 7?

6.5 degrees on the playfield.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

It seems that the ball hitting the sides starts once it gets past the metal fork part

Try adjusting the launch power. Could be just hitting too hard.

#729 6 years ago

I would also check that the shooter tip isn’t touching one of the autolaunch arms. This may cause it to contact the ball in an uneven manner. Could be just a loose screw on the shooter housing causing it to go one way. Had this on a SST.

#730 6 years ago

thanks!!!

#731 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Try adjusting the launch power. Could be just hitting too hard.

Thanks Charlie, I’ll give that a try. This game is amazing by the way!

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

This game is amazing by the way!

Scott Danesi is awesome... that we know! The game is crazy addictive. I felt like a jerk yesterday when a customer showed up to get his game, and I'm on ball 3 of my best game ever and kinda made him wait.

My mom could have walked in at that moment and I would have been focused on ball 3.

#733 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Scott Danesi is awesome... that we know! The game is crazy addictive. I felt like a jerk yesterday when a customer showed up to get his game, and I'm on ball 3 of my best game ever and kinda made him wait.
My mom could have walked in at that moment and I would have been focused on ball 3.

Pinball comes first!

#734 6 years ago

Just read on the Bookface: Soundtrack on cassette tape coming soon? Dope!

B7CE292B-26E6-4B82-9781-E6F5AD528D5C (resized).jpegB7CE292B-26E6-4B82-9781-E6F5AD528D5C (resized).jpeg

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Sweet! Do vinyl too!

#736 6 years ago

Love the art on that! I would absolutely hang something like that on the wall.

#737 6 years ago

I needed an 'A' to destroy reactor 6.

20171217_203017 (resized).jpg20171217_203017 (resized).jpg

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I needed an 'A' to destroy reactor 6.

Impressive! Most impressive...

#739 6 years ago

Hi all,

Need to bail on my pre-order for now. If someone wants #228, please PM me.

Thanks!

#740 6 years ago

#32 in the house. So happy to be a part of this club. Question for owners: When my reactor is activated the right flipper stutters / jiggles. Similar to the flipper stutter on Dialed in. Is this part of gameplay?

IMG_3976 (resized).jpgIMG_3976 (resized).jpg

#741 6 years ago

#26 arrived today!

CAEE2054-B667-490C-B2C0-D3649F3E7943 (resized).jpegCAEE2054-B667-490C-B2C0-D3649F3E7943 (resized).jpeg

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

#26 arrived today!

Congrats!

Anyone know what RoHS means on label?

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone know what RoHS means on label?

Restriction Of Hazardous Substance. ( Means no lead and harmful stuff )

LTG : )

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from billyboy:

#26 arrived today!

Purty! Jealous! Enjoy!

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Restriction Of Hazardous Substance. ( Means no lead and harmful stuff )
LTG : )

Learned something new. Thanks!

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

#32 in the house. So happy to be a part of this club. Question for owners: When my reactor is activated the right flipper stutters / jiggles. Similar to the flipper stutter on Dialed in. Is this part of gameplay?

Gorgeous!

#747 6 years ago

Plz root for my game to clear customs and arrive at my doorstep before christmas.

COME ON CLUNKY CARDBOARD BOX, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

#748 6 years ago

Here's to your TNA arriving in time. Fröhliche Weihnachten!

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz root for my game to clear customs and arrive at my doorstep before christmas.
COME ON CLUNKY CARDBOARD BOX, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Bitte

Good luck.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Are there plans to make the soundtrack available? (I can't tell if this is a joke).

I'd buy it digitally right now, and all I've heard is what I can barely hear from the streams and the few clips on TheNoTrashCougar 's soundcloud page.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.