(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 239.
#7251 3 years ago

The Garcade in Menomonee falls wisconsin has one.
It's a mind scrambler. Look forward to going back to play it again.

#7252 3 years ago

Hi guys... I just bought this game from my friend and I'm loving it... I was hoping someone can give me some advice or help...

Whenever the siren would go off I would get static, humming, distortion from the speakers..
I disconnected the siren but it does again only when rractor is critical or when shaker comes on?....

What can I do to eliminate this buzzing, distorted sound?

I'm not too tech savvy but understand some basics...

I sincerely thank you in advance if someone can guide me in right direction

#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

So having some sound issues that started last night.
Loud buzzing/tone and static. Wasn't sure how to embed a short video, so it's on google drive...
Video here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ap6-zHoKZmXaTYiUoeyrnHOUmte0CGc5/view?usp=sharing

Quoted from Liakos:

Hi guys... I just bought this game from my friend and I'm loving it... I was hoping someone can give me some advice or help...
Whenever the siren would go off I would get static, humming, distortion from the speakers..
I disconnected the siren but it does again only when rractor is critical or when shaker comes on?....

So I had some chronic issues with the audio signal shorting out due to heavy bass or most often the shaker going off on my game. It's an issue I've fought on and off for years.

I finally found a solution, the issue is caused by the use of the small headphone jack on the amplifier at the bottom of the cabinet. Headphone jacks were not made to withstand heavy vibrations like in this game and either the jack socket will become loose (cracked solder) insider the amp, or the cable will change angles as the amp vibrates and short out the connection inside the socket.

Fortunately, there is an inexpensive and seemingly permanent solution.
3.5mm Female to 2RCA 3.5 mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Male Audio Cable 3.5mm Female to 2RCA 3.5 mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Male Audio Cable

Use a "3.5mm Female to 2RCA 3.5 mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Male Audio Cable" so the audio input connection from the monitor in the backbox connects to the amp using the RCA plugs, instead of the headphone plug. This is something they should adopt at at factory, as it is a much more robust method of connecting to the amp given all the vibration going on at the bottom of the cabinet.

Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00B2HP1FY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Also, if you have an external volume controller hooked up, you need to make sure the capacitor is removed from the shaker motor chassis or it can cause weird audio issues.
--Scott

#7255 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I was able to resolve this with a dab of hot glue at the 3.5mm audio connection to the amp under the playfield. Hasn’t been a problem since then.

#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Mine was doing this exact same thing. The problem was a bad solder joint inside the amplifier where the 3.5mm plugs in. I took apart the amplifier, resoldered and haven’t had the problem since.

#7257 3 years ago

Drop target 2 won’t release the Ball from time to time. Is this a micro switch error? It finally released it after the 9th or 10th test or so

D3261B9D-37B5-487F-A2D6-A6A0814F4709 (resized).jpegD3261B9D-37B5-487F-A2D6-A6A0814F4709 (resized).jpeg
#7258 3 years ago

I did some streaming with the new TNA code tonight. It was great to be able to just put the display on camera without having to adjust the camera exposure down to also capture the score display. I love it!

I only noticed one weird thing (probably not related to the new code). At one point while starting the reactor (ball in the scoop), I did a double flip to short cut it after the audio had already started the pulses and "reactor online" part. Then that part of the audio played a second time. Nothing wrong with the game play, just an odd audio thing, FYI @thenotrashcougar. Here's a clip.

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

I did some streaming with the new TNA code tonight. It was great to be able to just put the display on camera without having to adjust the camera exposure down to also capture the score display. I love it!
I only noticed one weird thing (probably not related to the new code). At one point while starting the reactor (ball in the scoop), I did a double flip to short cut it after the audio had already started the pulses and "reactor online" part. Then that part of the audio played a second time. Nothing wrong with the game play, just an odd audio thing, FYI thenotrashcougar. Here's a clip.

Definitely have seen that. I can make sure it does not happen, it is only a sound and lightshow duplicating up.

New code drop will be tomorrow! Keep an eye out for it!

--Scott

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

I only noticed one weird thing (probably not related to the new code). At one point while starting the reactor (ball in the scoop), I did a double flip to short cut it after the audio had already started the pulses and "reactor online" part. Then that part of the audio played a second time. Nothing wrong with the game play, just an odd audio thing, FYI thenotrashcougar. Here's a clip.

Cool stream! Just FYI, you have a dead GI bulb on your top left sling.
--Scott

#7261 3 years ago

New code it ready!!!!
TA Main7 - 1.4.2 Release (resized).jpgTA Main7 - 1.4.2 Release (resized).jpg

########################################
v1.4.2 - 10/25/2020 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed reset issue on ball 2 with orbit status not resetting
- Fixed double flip issue during reactor start eject lightshow

## Features Added / Modifications ##
- Scorbit functionality added
- Added service menu option to show scores on LCD.
Machine (Standard) -> Scores On LCD
- Added ability to turn off backbox LED during gameplay.
Machine (Standard) -> Backbox LED On During Game
- Added Super Spinner progress on main screen
- Added ability for game to autolaunch balls if left unattended.
Machine (Standard) -> Unattended Launch Time
['Off','30sec','1min','3min','5min','10min'] - Default is Off
- More ball save grace period on right scoop eject if STDM.

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4159

Let me know if you have any issues with the code!
--Scott

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

New code it ready!!!!
[quoted image]
v1.4.2 - 10/25/2020 - Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
- Fixed reset issue on ball 2 with orbit status not resetting
- Fixed double flip issue during reactor start eject lightshow
## Features Added / Modifications ##
- Scorbit functionality added
- Added service menu option to show scores on LCD.
Machine (Standard) -> Scores On LCD
- Added ability to turn off backbox LED during gameplay.
Machine (Standard) -> Backbox LED On During Game
- Added Super Spinner progress on main screen
- Added ability for game to autolaunch balls if left unattended.
Machine (Standard) -> Unattended Launch Time
['Off','30sec','1min','3min','5min','10min'] - Default is Off
- More ball save grace period on right scoop eject if STDM.
https://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=4159
Let me know if you have any issues with the code!
--Scott

I finally installed code V1.4.1 on Friday and I haven't even played it yet. Been super busy. I'll update to V1.4.2 and skip dinner to get in a few game.
Thanks Scott

#7263 3 years ago

Thnx for all the advice and tips guys

#7264 3 years ago

I installed V1.4.0 machine keeps crashing and going nuts. Reinstalled and the same thing. Shaker motor and knocker would also cause a crash and random crazyness.

Installed V1.4.1 which was supposed to correct the bugs of V1.4.1 and just got different bugs and still crashing.

Installed V1.4.2 which was supposed to correct V1.4.1 bugs and it too is causing crashes and weirdness but only those as described as the fix for V1.4.1 !!!!!!

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I installed V1.4.0 machine keeps crashing and going nuts. Reinstalled and the same thing. Shaker motor and knocker would also cause a crash and random crazyness.
Installed V1.4.1 which was supposed to correct the bugs of V1.4.1 and just got different bugs and still crashing.
Installed V1.4.2 which was supposed to correct V1.4.1 bugs and it too is causing crashes and weirdness but only those as described as the fix for V1.4.1 !!!!!!

Hey Eddie,
Sounds like you have some strange hardware issue. You may want to reach out to [email protected] to see if they have ever seen this. What exactly is happening? Are you using a FAT32 formatted flash drive?
--Scott

#7266 3 years ago

Hey Eddie,
Sounds like you have some strange hardware issue. You may want to reach out to [email protected] to see if they have ever seen this. What exactly is happening? Are you using a FAT32 formatted flash drive?
--Scott

I just reinstalled V1.2.1 on a whim and the game is back to running fine.

I have no idea what is up with the 1.4.0 -1 -2 Versions of the code but the machine is not functioning with them.

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Thanks Scott. Loving your pin. Here is the error report. It is new to me and so far as I can tell the drop targets are working. Where do I go to get the latest software? I am on 1.3.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey there!
OK, looks like your drop switch 2 might be starting to flake out. These are standard DB5 microswitches. You can get replacements here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1225-switch-assembly-for-1-bank-drop-targets.html
The game has built in fault tolerance, so you probably will not notice anything too bad in the gameplay. I would suggest going into Utilities and running the drop target test. This will go through and see if there are any issues with your drops. If it all checks out, just keep playing.
All the latest code and stuff can be found here: www.tnapinball.com. That will lead directly to all the TNA stuff on my website.
--Scott

Quoted from Joey_Bada_Bing:

Drop target 2 won’t release the Ball from time to time. Is this a micro switch error? It finally released it after the 9th or 10th test or so
[quoted image]

Scott,

Thank you for your assistance.

I replaced the micro switch on the second drop target as instructed and it made no difference in the errors I am receiving. Running the drop target cycle test it looks like this.

Also of note, the microswitches you directed me to sold through pinball life are different than what was in the machine. It is hard to photograph, but the arms on them are shorter. I replaced the arm on the new micro switch with the old one and made sure I could hear the "click" when it raised and lowered, but to no effect.

I have not had the game long and from what I can tell it is working, but still have the error code and having nothing to reference it against to know if it is behaving correctly or not besides the error code.

Great game and thanks for all the support!

20201025_195005 (resized).jpg20201025_195005 (resized).jpg20201025_195934 (resized).jpg20201025_195934 (resized).jpg20201025_203119 (resized).jpg20201025_203119 (resized).jpg
#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I just reinstalled V1.2.1 on a whim and the game is back to running fine.
I have no idea what is up with the 1.4.0 -1 -2 Versions of the code but the machine is not functioning with them.

Hey man, try installing the latest again. I have had a number of people install all of these versions with no issues like that at all.

Sorry you are having trouble with this. I think it is a flash drive issue honestly.

--Scott

#7269 3 years ago

Scott,
I replaced the micro switch on the second drop target as instructed and it made no difference in the errors I am receiving. Running the drop target cycle test it looks like this.
Also of note, the microswitches you directed me to sold through pinball life are different than what was in the machine. It is hard to photograph, but the arms on them are shorter. I replaced the arm on the new micro switch with the old one and made sure I could hear the "click" when it raised and lowered, but to no effect.
I have not had the game long and from what I can tell it is working, but still have the error code and having nothing to reference it against to know if it is behaving correctly or not besides the error code.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OK, you probably have a physical issue with the drop coil when it tries to put down the drop. Check and see if it is physically stuck and if a wire might have fell off the drop down coil on that target. As for the shorter actuator on the microswitch, this was a production change to make the switch more reliable.
--Scott

#7270 3 years ago

Added a Cliffy protector to my scoop and the fit and finish was spot on. Thanks Cliffy!

D25091D3-9256-4A85-A1A0-7C8ED89313BF (resized).jpegD25091D3-9256-4A85-A1A0-7C8ED89313BF (resized).jpeg
#7271 3 years ago

Added a Cliffy protector to my scoop and the fit and finish was spot on. Thanks Cliffy![quoted image]

Do you think it makes hitting it any harder or easier?

#7272 3 years ago

Added a Cliffy protector to my scoop and the fit and finish was spot on. Thanks Cliffy![quoted image]

Does that hang up on a slow roll from the reactor core to the scoop? Seems like it might need a cutout like the Tron one to prevent ball hangups, but I could be wrong.

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you think it makes hitting it any harder or easier?

I think It may have made it slightly easier to hit, perhaps its slowing the ball down a tad? It definitely didn’t make it harder to hit

Does that hang up on a slow roll from the reactor core to the scoop? Seems like it might need a cutout like the Tron one to prevent ball hangups, but I could be wrong.

It does hang up from time to time on a slow roll, yes. I need to figure this out because I’m wasting precious tilt warnings getting it free!

#7274 3 years ago

Hey man, try installing the latest again. I have had a number of people install all of these versions with no issues like that at all.
Sorry you are having trouble with this. I think it is a flash drive issue honestly.
--Scott

I tried different Drives with the same results. So far only the older version seems to work.

#7275 3 years ago

I know it’s a long shot but does anyone have a speaker light kit they would want to sell? Contacted spooky and they said they would add me to the list if they get more but not sure if that will ever happen.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I tried different Drives with the same results. So far only the older version seems to work.

Success!

Go figure. I decided to take a video of the game working under the old Version and then the installing v1.4.2 for the 7th time to show what has been happening.

Installation went as always no issues then the reboot and the machine is working just fine with the new code.

Wish I knew the cause so as to what was happening.

I never had issues installing code an any game before including WOZ which is notorious for installing new codes.

I really like the machine its a clients that I shopped and did minor repairs. This is the first I had a chance to play it.

Great light show,Awesome sounds riveting gameplay.

Got to reactor 6 on only my 4th full game, wont be long before 9 is reached.

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

Success!
Go figure. I decided to take a video of the game working under the old Version and then the installing v1.4.2 for the 7th time to show what has been happening.
Installation went as always no issues then the reboot and the machine is working just fine with the new code.
Wish I knew the cause so as to what was happening.
I never had issues installing code an any game before including WOZ which is notorious for installing new codes.
I really like the machine its a clients that I shopped and did minor repairs. This is the first I had a chance to play it.
Great light show,Awesome sounds riveting gameplay.
Got to reactor 6 on only my 4th full game, wont be long before 9 is reached.

Awesome!!! Holy crap, you are a damn good player... I have not gotten further than that...
--Scott

#7278 3 years ago

I played my 1st game with V1.4.2. Destroyed the first reactor and ball came towards flipper and the flipper didn't response. Ball drains and I said that's new, I was then waiting for ball save to launch ball. But look at playfield and backglass that when I noticed the game was dead. Turn game off then back on, nothing. I lost power at the same moment reactor was destroyed. Still have no power.

#7279 3 years ago

Shaker motor shake something loose? Check the LEDs on your P3-ROC, PC, etc.

#7280 3 years ago

Shaker motor shake something loose? Check the LEDs on your P3-ROC, PC, etc.

Oh I'm sorry. Lost power to my house. Lol
It was strange that it happen when it did.

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Oh I'm sorry. Lost power to my house. Lol
It was strange that it happen when it did.

HAHAH! Now that is crazy!

#7282 3 years ago

Shit...I putbthe hot glue dab at the 3.5mm insert where it plugs in and now the cable won't go in and there's no sound...

Shit guys.. I just wanna play the thing...lol
Anything I can do without having to buy new shit

#7283 3 years ago

The jack wont go in now... I think the glue I'd trapped inside...

#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Shit...
Anything I can do without having to buy new shit

Use the RCA (red&white) jacks

#7285 3 years ago

Unscrew from cabinet and pick glue out. Should come out easy.

#7286 3 years ago

I would recommend ditching the 3.5mm and using the RCAs as well. We switched to using RCAs in R&M.
--Scott

#7287 3 years ago

Scott,
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OK, you probably have a physical issue with the drop coil when it tries to put down the drop. Check and see if it is physically stuck and if a wire might have fell off the drop down coil on that target. As for the shorter actuator on the microswitch, this was a production change to make the switch more reliable.
--Scott

Thanks for the help!

After replacing the switch with no effect, I closely examined everything. In the process of troubleshooting I replaced the drop target spring with a slightly stronger one and now it works flawlessly. I'm at 20 games with no drop issues and no errors. She's rock solid now.

One day I'll get my R&M. Love you games. Keep up the good work and thanks for making random strangers lives just a little bit better!

#7288 3 years ago

Thanks for the help!
After replacing the switch with no effect, I closely examined everything. In the process of troubleshooting I replaced the drop target spring with a slightly stronger one and now it works flawlessly. I'm at 20 games with no drop issues and no errors. She's rock solid now.
One day I'll get my R&M. Love you games. Keep up the good work and thanks for making random strangers lives just a little bit better!

What did you use for a spring specifically ? I’m having the same issue

#7289 3 years ago

TNA 2.0 rumors? New features but same gameplay? I hope all new features can be added to the original games as well via conversion kit or something.

#7290 3 years ago

What did you use for a spring specifically ? I’m having the same issue

Honestly? I don't know... but it came out of this assortment I got off of Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D4G6F83/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00

Edit. Photos below... not the same as original but 5×25 5mm. Note the spring is slightly shorter.

20201030_082611 (resized).jpg20201030_082611 (resized).jpg
#7291 3 years ago

I would recommend ditching the 3.5mm and using the RCAs as well. We switched to using RCAs in R&M.
--Scott

That is great news Scott! My R&M should in a box by now on its way to me, hopefully. Sadly I had to sell TNA to make $ and room for it. Damn you and your incredible new games Scott!

See this link for the part you need to convert to RCA jacks. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/146#post-5926392

#7292 3 years ago

For any other location folks if you want to use it, I made this basic How-to flyer to put next to the Co-op Mode poster. For some reason a lot of people never think to read the info cards in our games!? Kids these days...I may print up instruction cards that look like iPhones and then maybe they'll read them hah

TNA How To Play (resized).jpgTNA How To Play (resized).jpg
#7293 3 years ago

We just got the speaker lights for total nuclear annihilation. Can anyone help with how we plug it into the game? I am not a pro at this stuff, just enough to keep the games running for our home. So layman terms would really help me. Thanks in advance.

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

We just got the speaker lights for total nuclear annihilation. Can anyone help with how we plug it into the game? I am not a pro at this stuff, just enough to keep the games running for our home. So layman terms would really help me. Thanks in advance.

I don't understand why Spooky continues to not ship the instructions with this mod. MANY have contacted them about it (I was one of them). Here they are online.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-sells-tna-speaker-light-kit#post-4553990

#7295 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't understand why Spooky continues to not ship the instructions with this mod. MANY have contacted them about it (I was one of them). Here they are online.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-sells-tna-speaker-light-kit#post-4553990

Thank you for your help. We got them working.

#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Should this be a key post. Someone with magic fingers make it happen.

#7297 3 years ago

Question about keeping high scores and settings ? I have just upgraded to 1.4.2 (which seems really crisp, thanks Scott), but I was expecting that the settings and user data would be retained now. Is there something I need ot do differently. I did have a lot of other files onthe USB stick (but only one pkg file).

Enjoying the super spinner count

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Question about keeping high scores and settings ? I have just upgraded to 1.4.2 (which seems really crisp, thanks Scott), but I was expecting that the settings and user data would be retained now. Is there something I need ot do differently. I did have a lot of other files onthe USB stick (but only one pkg file).
Enjoying the super spinner count

Sorry, I have it programmed to clear the settings and high scores on a code update. If you want to see what they were it dumps them to the USB stick into text files.

#7299 3 years ago

Good morning Scott.

So what can you tell us, if anything, about TNA 2.0 that Charlie mentioned on the Super Awesome pinball show interview???

I am excited to know it’s coming as I will be on the list to buy one for sure!

Expecting your RM pin in the next week or so. Just paid it in full on Friday... can’t wait to go pick it up! Should I pick you up on the way back so you can help me set it up? you’re on my way back home off the 90.

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Good morning Scott.
So what can you tell us, if anything, about TNA 2.0 that Charlie mentioned on the Super Awesome pinball show interview???
I am excited to know it’s coming as I will be on the list to buy one for sure!
Expecting your RM pin in the next week or so. Just paid it in full on Friday... can’t wait to go pick it up! Should I pick you up on the way back so you can help me set it up? you’re on my way back home off the 90.

HAHA! Awesome. Yeah, so I guess Charlie spilled the beans a bit on a TNA rerun. I wouldn't really call this TNA 2.0, but I would call it a TNA Remake. The stuff I can share about it is pretty limited, but the game will essentially be the same. There will be a bunch of bolt on mods already done from the factory like the upgraded shoot again display, RGB lit drops, and it will have the latest backbox style of spooky cabinet. All the art, geometry, and software, will be the exact same and anything that is on the remade version can be bolted or installed on the original version (with the exception of the new backbox style). Well, I guess you could install a new backbox on your original if you were crazy enough. I probably shared too much..... Sorry Charlie. <3 There is absolutely no timeline on when this is going to happen though.

--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.