(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,939 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,939 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 239.
#7051 3 years ago

Yes it looks like it's been around. It's laying on its side in most of the pictures.

#7052 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I would have to agree with this. Although the pink looks pretty cool during normal gameplay, there is already a ton of pink on the playfield. The green really stood out to me because of the contrast. My wife always told me the bad way to decorate is throw the same color at different things. bad example: Got a room with gray carpet? Paint the room gray, add some gray furniture, and some gray lights. The green totally contrasts nicely with the rest of the playfield. This is all personal preference though as the pink above looks super cool too, it is just what each individual prefers. I like that there are options.
--Scott

I’m sitting in my living room reading this, lol

AF647DF9-404F-49C4-8260-9E3418710C62 (resized).jpegAF647DF9-404F-49C4-8260-9E3418710C62 (resized).jpeg
#7053 3 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Has anyone tweaked the display and found settings they like? I dropped the Brightness from 50 to 40 and it's way better.

Start here: 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. This will be a huge improvement. I also leaned my monitor back, it was not hard, and it was another very good improvement. No cost, tall people will have the very top of the monitor a little cut off.

Don

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from Tiki_Pinball:

Machine - For Sale

Total Nuclear Annihilation

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Total Nuclear Anihilation
Excellent second owner HUO Total Nuclear Annihilation by Spooky pinball.
Upgrades include blades, shaker, knocker, plastic protectors and lit speaker kit...”

1 day ago

Fort Collins, CO

6,650 (OBO)

EarlOfEgo

Just throwing this out there. This game is being sold as HUO. Not true. It’s been at the haunted pinball tournament as well as the Rocky Mountain pinball showdown. It was routed at Mutiny Cafe in Denver before changing hands and being routed at pinball Jones campus west in Fort Collins. Just saying...

If true, point that out to mods. They can take care of that issue

#7055 3 years ago
Quoted from gracjan202:

The posts I originally quoted gave guidance on checking the opto connectors and drop targets. I had already done all of this and, while that alone worked for others, the clearing of the error reports is ultimately what resolved the issue for me. It appears you have a mechanical or electrical issue. You will need to go over all of the switches for the drop targets, make sure they operate as intended, as well as the opto sensors. Some of the other postings indicated the opto sensors can be blocked by other parts. You really have to go through everything related to the three drop targets, the two opto sensors, and the scoop opto as well.

So I am having a weird problem with my drop target 2, where it will not drop, although the coil is working, the opto and switched all seem to be behaving correctly. I have tried adjusting the brass component that pushes the drop target.

The strange thing is that if the game has been switched off overnight (or for a while) it will work perfectly. After about 30 minutes play it will then when I get to the end of game with a ball in the drop-target it will try and free the ball, but not be able to release it. It generates a backward force flicking the ball back into the top target (or into the right scoop if the top target is dropped).

TNA usually drives me crazy in a good way, but this is driving me crazy in a bad way.

#7056 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

So I am having a weird problem with my drop target 2, where it will not drop, although the coil is working, the opto and switched all seem to be behaving correctly. I have tried adjusting the brass component that pushes the drop target.
The strange thing is that if the game has been switched off overnight (or for a while) it will work perfectly. After about 30 minutes play it will then when I get to the end of game with a ball in the drop-target it will try and free the ball, but not be able to release it. It generates a backward force flicking the ball back into the top target (or into the right scoop if the top target is dropped).
TNA usually drives me crazy in a good way, but this is driving me crazy in a bad way.

How many plays since cleaning the drops and sliding washer faces?

If it's been well used could be all grimy in there inside the workings and just be sticking. That could explain cold use working, but sticking once cabinet environment has heated up.

If everything else checked out and ran out of ideas ... I'd unclip the drop keeper posts, remove the washers and springs, and just the drop targets themselves. Clean it all, reassemble with a tiny bit of your favourite Dry lube maybe, may solve the issue, and can't do any harm if your confident with the mechanical and circlips.

When I installed Lit Drops I removed these leaving the mech in place, not alot of spare room though, some may prefer to remove the whole drop mech.

Also clean the ledges on the mech body, where the ledge on the target face rests. This will help sensitivity if grimey, but the slide washers would be what might stop the target dropping.

My TNA had enough games played on it that I had this issue arise, prior to installing the new drops. Cleaning the grime off of the sliding faces solved it for me. Doesn't take much grime to get sticky.

#7057 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

I had a similar issue with one of my drops, I took it apart to clean it only to find it was totally clean. I ended up needing to trim a few windings off of the small spring in order to get the mech functioning properly. It wasn't worn out or anything, just a bit too long in its fully compressed form. Haven't had an issue since I did this.

#7058 3 years ago

I had an idea last night for a gameplay feature that I have no idea if it's possible, but it seemed fun and challenging. Basically, as the reactor heats up the flippers become weaker. So if the reactor doesn't reach critical, and the ball leaves the reactor, then the player will need to either complete the keypad for the reactor bonus to strengthen the flippers again (and maybe they become stronger as the keypad nears completion), or as the reactor timer winds down the flippers would regain strength?

I usually don't try and get the reactor bonus and that seemed like a good way to bring that into gameplay more. Maybe if the reactor becomes critical the flippers could become intermittently weak? I really like the idea of the machine becoming effected by the reactor being critical.

The name of the feature just popped in my head, "Radiation Sickness"

#7059 3 years ago

Little birthday project my daughter made over the weekend...was a lot of fun to work on it with her !

20200829_213246 (resized).jpg20200829_213246 (resized).jpg20200829_213255 (resized).jpg20200829_213255 (resized).jpg20200829_213815 (resized).jpg20200829_213815 (resized).jpg20200829_213819 (resized).jpg20200829_213819 (resized).jpg20200829_215123 (resized).jpg20200829_215123 (resized).jpg20200830_164328 (resized).jpg20200830_164328 (resized).jpg

#7060 3 years ago

That is absolutely AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing!
--Scott

#7061 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Little birthday project my daughter made over the weekend...was a lot of fun to work on it with her !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome!

1 week later
#7062 3 years ago

I have a weird issue all of a sudden. The shaker seems very very weak in game.

I did a shaker test and it rotates through level 1, level 2 and level 3 and it shakes my house but you start up a game and it seems to be doing very little all of a sudden.

If I do a test of the shaker in nthe normal coil test i just makes a noise and does nothing.

I haven't upgraded the code to the newest version yet, i'm on the previous.

I have shaker set to normal setting.

The subwoofer also seems weak all of a sudden.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

#7063 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I have a weird issue all of a sudden. The shaker seems very very weak in game.
I did a shaker test and it rotates through level 1, level 2 and level 3 and it shakes my house but you start up a game and it seems to be doing very little all of a sudden.
If I do a test of the shaker in nthe normal coil test i just makes a noise and does nothing.
I haven't upgraded the code to the newest version yet, i'm on the previous.
I have shaker set to normal setting.
The subwoofer also seems weak all of a sudden.
Any advice? Thanks in advance.

So the shaker seems to work but the sound sounds horrible. It almost seems like the sub isn't working and the bass is coming from somewhere else or something. Sounds very distorted and like it's digitally clipping. What should i check out here?

#7064 3 years ago

1. Does anyone have a dscription or diagram of what each knob on the amp adjusts. I messed around with mine and now can't seem to dial it in to sound good.

2. I know there is a sound test but is there a test with the sound effects like locking a ball etc because those are hard to dial in while playing a game

#7066 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

So the shaker seems to work but the sound sounds horrible. It almost seems like the sub isn't working and the bass is coming from somewhere else or something. Sounds very distorted and like it's digitally clipping. What should i check out here?

Most likely the sound input jack going into the amp, which is conveniently mounted directly next to the shaker on the bottom of the cabinet, has become loose causing it to short out when the shaker is active, or a loud bass sound is played.

I've had this problem twice now, first time I took the amp out and apart and re-soldered the jack. Wasn't as trivial an exercise as you'd think. Now it's started happening again on my game. I think I'll order a new amp and maybe find a better spot to mount it, or mount it on some rubber pads or something.

#7067 3 years ago

Hi all. I just joined the TNA club and have been enjoying the game immensely.

I notice that the top left led on the center grid doesn’t have quite the correct colors. Is there and adjustment somewhere to fix this? Thanks!

#7068 3 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi all. I just joined the TNA club and have been enjoying the game immensely.
I notice that the top left led on the center grid doesn’t have quite the correct colors. Is there and adjustment somewhere to fix this? Thanks!

Just checked the led board and one of the cable connection was loose. Reseated it and colors are now all correct. Nice to have an easy fix.

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Just checked the led board and one of the cable connection was loose. Reseated it and colors are now all correct. Nice to have an easy fix.

Well, that was easy! Welcome to the club.

Just as a reference for people (and a shameless plug for the company I work for), there are a ton of replacement parts available for TNA on the Pinball Life website here:

https://www.pinballlife.com/total-nuclear-annihilation.html

--Scott

#7070 3 years ago

Just as a reference for people (and a shameless plug for the company I work for), there are a ton of replacement parts available for TNA on the Pinball Life website here:
--Scott

You don't have the clear drop targets on that page

I just added them over the weekend. Definitely blends into the game perfectly!

#7071 3 years ago

--Scott

It would be nice if they offered a complete ring kit.

#7073 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just added them over the weekend. Definitely blends into the game perfectly!

Great minds. We just did the same to ours this past weekend. The light up drop targets are an outstanding mod to add.

#7074 3 years ago

What do you ladies and gentlemen think of this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFC0wp6HthR/

I shrunk down the reactor status and reactor value and moved it down a bit and to the right to make room for the scores on the LCD. I think this looks pretty good. The scores also do not go all the way up, so tall people will be able to see the top of the text without issue.
--Scott

#7075 3 years ago

I suppose the streamers will like it, but not needed for the rest of us; if it was an optional thing that would be cool for them.

Probably not enough room to run them just 1 row across the top? maybe current player larger others smaller to make room. A segment looking font might be cool too, or not

Love that you are still looking on adding things

#7076 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I suppose the streamers will like it, but not needed for the rest of us; if it was an optional thing that would be cool for them.
Probably not enough room to run them just 1 row across the top? maybe current player larger others smaller to make room. A segment looking font might be cool too, or not
Love that you are still looking on adding things

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking to just make this a default screen for everyone, but I am aware that this is redundant data. I like the idea of using an LCD font. I will need to locate a free commercial one or just buy one.

--Scott

#7077 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking to just make this a default screen for everyone, but I am aware that this is redundant data. I like the idea of using an LCD font. I will need to locate a free commercial one or just buy one.
--Scott

To be honest I would much rather have this be an option I can toggle on just for streaming. It would be very redundant otherwise and I know us streamers are a very small minority. I can continue to set up another camera for score if needed.

If it is going to be default would you consider putting it on the bottom instead? Or only have it display the current players score and remove the word Freeplay as almost all streamers are playing on Freeplay anyways.

#7078 3 years ago

I can absolutely make this score display thing a setting too. I was just trying to keep it simple.

Beta code will be released soon.

--Scott

#7079 3 years ago

Major props for continously making improvements to TNA.
As you mentioned, please make the new LCD on-screen score a defeatable setting if you implement it.

PS - Can you also hyphenate "co-op" and add a space in between "BallSave?" - said Oxford English Dictionary

#7080 3 years ago

I am very new to fixing pinballs and I just learn as I go to keep our home machines working. I am stumped on fixing our TNA. In the middle of a game the top section stopped working so the top flipper does not work, the ball does not bounce off the top green bands but it will score, and the ball scoop up there also does not work. The circled blue wire below had broken off so I re soldered it on, but that did not fix it. I have checked other connections and the only other thing I have found loose is the button (circled in the picture below) attached to the black box in the back left of the cabinet. If anyone had any ideas in layman terms on how to fix this issue I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

613FAA89-CB45-4F75-A6AD-5F6B1C0B5F32 (resized).jpeg613FAA89-CB45-4F75-A6AD-5F6B1C0B5F32 (resized).jpeg6C933DA6-1B50-4D80-908D-0C8389503395 (resized).jpeg6C933DA6-1B50-4D80-908D-0C8389503395 (resized).jpegA439728B-4EC9-4206-9C8A-3069D8ED8964 (resized).jpegA439728B-4EC9-4206-9C8A-3069D8ED8964 (resized).jpegF02C34D6-237E-48EC-A1D4-FCCC801D4FC3 (resized).jpegF02C34D6-237E-48EC-A1D4-FCCC801D4FC3 (resized).jpeg
#7081 3 years ago

So I fixed my drop target, and it seems like I introduced a new problem now a bunch of LEDs are not lighting, and I can't see any pattern.
They are 110 (Ball Lock 2), 102 (left Radioactive 1), and 129,130,131 (all right radioactive LEDs).

How would I go about looking for the root cause - I tested the LED at ball lock 2 and it works fine when I plug one of the other connectors to it. But no voltage when I try to test.

Any and all problem solving tips welcome (if it was a WPC lamp matrix I'd be fine, but this is mysterious).

#7082 3 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar Scott, I can not thank you enough for continuing to add to this game. It truly is a masterpiece on so many levels. I can’t wait to see what you will add next.

Ps. If you ever run out of ideas I have multiple different speed run and over gameplay modes I’d be happy to bounce off of you

#7083 3 years ago

I can absolutely make this score display thing a setting too. I was just trying to keep it simple.
Beta code will be released soon.
--Scott

Is number of spins left for super spinner out of the question?

We had pingolf yesterday, a hole was "start super spinner, then make a shot to the lit super spinner" .

People asking if it showed progress anywhere. Not needed for regular playing I guess, just saying.

#7084 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is number of spins left for super spinner out of the question?
We had pingolf yesterday, a hole was "start super spinner, then make a shot to the lit super spinner" .
People asking if it showed progress anywhere. Not needed for regular playing I guess, just saying.

It's already in there! It is called "Super Spinner Seed Hits" under the "Gameplay (Feature)" settings.

#7085 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

thenotrashcougar Scott, I can not thank you enough for continuing to add to this game. It truly is a masterpiece on so many levels. I can’t wait to see what you will add next.
Ps. If you ever run out of ideas I have multiple different speed run and over gameplay modes I’d be happy to bounce off of you

You are very welcome!

--Scott

#7086 3 years ago

It's already in there! It is called "Super Spinner Seed Hits" under the "Gameplay (Feature)" settings.

I meant a display of progress so players know how far to go. Like I said, not essential to be able to see that during regular game playing, but for our pingolf hole it would have been great to be able to see that during gameplay (how many spins registered, or how many left til super spinner).

#7087 3 years ago

Here is some new beta code for those of you that want to give me a hand testing!

https://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

########################################################################
v1.4.2 BETA - 09/12/2020 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
-none

## Features Added / Modifications ##
- Scorbit functionality added
- Added service menu option to show scores on LCD -> Machine (Standard) -> Scores On LCD
- Added ability to turn off backbox LED during gameplay -> Machine (Standard) -> Backbox LED On During Game
########################################################################

#7088 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I meant a display of progress so players know how far to go. Like I said, not essential to be able to see that during regular game playing, but for our pingolf hole it would have been great to be able to see that during gameplay (how many spins registered, or how many left til super spinner).

Sorry, I misread that. I can add this, but at this point, I am adding way too much stuff to the LCD. I would probably have to build a status report page, which I was never planning to do for this game. I will give it some thought, but it will not be in time for your tournament. Sorry.
--Scott

#7089 3 years ago

So how is scorbit? Any cool plans with it?

#7090 3 years ago
Quoted from Becenbarger:

I am very new to fixing pinballs and I just learn as I go to keep our home machines working. I am stumped on fixing our TNA. In the middle of a game the top section stopped working so the top flipper does not work, the ball does not bounce off the top green bands but it will score, and the ball scoop up there also does not work. The circled blue wire below had broken off so I re soldered it on, but that did not fix it. I have checked other connections and the only other thing I have found loose is the button (circled in the picture below) attached to the black box in the back left of the cabinet. If anyone had any ideas in layman terms on how to fix this issue I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you looked at the fuses - In the back box - under little covers . Those circuits are controlled from the top board on the Right hand side (Page 32 of the manual).
Good luck

#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So how is scorbit? Any cool plans with it?

I am definitely planning on adding some cool stuff for it, but this update contains fixes to make sure it works great just like the other machines.

#7092 3 years ago

Sorry, I misread that. I can add this, but at this point, I am adding way too much stuff to the LCD. I would probably have to build a status report page, which I was never planning to do for this game. I will give it some thought, but it will not be in time for your tournament. Sorry.
--Scott

Nahh all good, just for future golf maybe, was a good hole!

Golf was already done when I posted. Just a thought, people were asking how to know.

Today Flip Frenzy players all loving TNA!

20200913_130155.jpg20200913_130155.jpg

"SUPER SPINNER IN x SPINS" -> "SUPER SPINNER ACTIVE" , seems more logical than just counting the number of spins. ?

20200912_202459 (resized).jpg20200912_202459 (resized).jpg

Plus it might be a bit cool to see the number decreasing, however rapidly, at a glance during orbit? . Would be the bomb for pingolf!

#7093 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

now a bunch of LEDs are not lighting, and I can't see any pattern.
They are 110 (Ball Lock 2), 102 (left Radioactive 1), and 129,130,131 (all right radioactive LEDs).

Actually I have just been through the lamp test diagnostics and there are more LEDs (66,67,80,81,82,83) that are not lighting, as well as a couple of segments on the ball save timer display (136 and 137).

A couple of times the ball save timer has been completely blank during multiball, but then working on new ball or scoop kick out. Makes me wonder whether I should be looking for a loose connection near the ball save timer.

I can't see any pattern to the LEDs not working, as they are spread across most of the PD-LEDn (power drivers??) Or am I looking at a fried IC somewhere?

#7094 3 years ago

I shrunk down the reactor status and reactor value and moved it down a bit and to the right to make room for the scores on the LCD. I think this looks pretty good. The scores also do not go all the way up, so tall people will be able to see the top of the text without issue.
--Scott

Hi Scott,
To my taste, i prefer as it is right now.
I do not feel the need to have the 4 scores on the LCD screen

#7095 3 years ago

Hello,
Do you know how i could get the "Welcome tu the Future" title neat and clean?
I am planning to do a sticker to put on the coin door.

Thanx for helping.

#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Actually I have just been through the lamp test diagnostics and there are more LEDs (66,67,80,81,82,83) that are not lighting, as well as a couple of segments on the ball save timer display (136 and 137).
A couple of times the ball save timer has been completely blank during multiball, but then working on new ball or scoop kick out. Makes me wonder whether I should be looking for a loose connection near the ball save timer.
I can't see any pattern to the LEDs not working, as they are spread across most of the PD-LEDn (power drivers??) Or am I looking at a fried IC somewhere?

Have you checked ribbon connectors (reseated) at the Proc LED board, where they all congregate.

#7097 3 years ago

--Scott

Another vote for not having the scores on the LCD. I think the current screen is perfect the way it is!

#7098 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Another vote for not having the scores on the LCD. I think the current screen is perfect the way it is!

You can turn it off.

#7099 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

Have you looked at the fuses - In the back box - under little covers . Those circuits are controlled from the top board on the Right hand side (Page 32 of the manual).
Good luck

Thank you for taking the time to help. It was a fuse, I didn’t even see the fuses with the covers on them.

#7100 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This is a cool idea.

Status info might look good in the same spot that tells you when super spinner is active. Crappy mockup attached.
421B53D1-1717-4C7E-8628-648223F2873B (resized).jpeg421B53D1-1717-4C7E-8628-648223F2873B (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,939 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/142?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.