(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,939 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Cammy
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 881 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191017_194050 (resized).jpg
EBCE8101-92C2-4E21-B8A4-37B7444D586E (resized).jpeg
18856A31-AB0F-4DA1-B70E-09100C758321 (resized).jpeg
7040F068-6C8A-415A-A622-12DD97392249 (resized).jpeg
20191015_161637 (resized).jpg
20191015_155403 (resized).jpg
20191015_155103 (resized).jpg
20191015_154829 (resized).jpg
IMG_3275 (resized).JPG
IMG_3276 (resized).PNG
C09040D7-FCE6-4A6A-8DD3-B3EABC2AAF9C (resized).jpeg
TNA boot screen (resized).png
20190914_094031 (resized).jpg
videotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gif
1557255128460 (resized).jpg
DFE23556-43E8-4348-97E6-60E3E9A6EA5E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 5939 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 119.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I have to sell my TNA spot of #189 for the cost of my deposit $1000.00 USD. I will take Paypal payment. PM me if interested.

Damn! I wish I would have seen this yesterday prior to placing my order.

#652 1 year ago

So TNA is based on the older system 11 pins (I think) and is significantly shorter than current pins. To fit better in my lineup I was wondering if I could add longer legs to it. Does it use shorter legs or is it just a really short cabinet?

#653 1 year ago

Cabinet height is the same as other machines. The backbox is smaller, so it will sit lower, but the front apron height is the same.

#654 1 year ago

Me and a buddy are going to Spooky Pinball World Headquarters tomorrow to pick up his TNA. I believe it's #44. It's a butter cabinet and because of that, it may or may not have been built out of order.

#655 1 year ago

I’m #217, and I opted for the butter cabinet.

Would you mind taking a few pictures for us?

Thanks!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Me and a buddy are going to Spooky Pinball World Headquarters tomorrow to pick up his TNA. I believe it's #44. It's a butter cabinet and because of that, it may or may not have been built out of order.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Cabinet height is the same as other machines. The backbox is smaller, so it will sit lower, but the front apron height is the same.

Are you sure?

58d5931d53ba6df54d44d15aaa3db4cee5b97ab1 (resized).jpeg

#657 1 year ago

yeah, front (lockdown bar) height is nearly identcial to modern games.

TNA was originally built in a Dolly Parton cabinent and pretty sure that is what the current cab is based on. It looks nearly identical to classic Bally cab.

#658 1 year ago

Give or take a bit due to rear leg levelers... it's 70.5" to the top of the cabinet on TnA. Add another 4" for the beacon.

To the top of a Stern, it's 75".

The width and depth of a TnA is exactly the same as most modern games. The backbox is NOT shorter, the actual back end of the cabinet is to accommodate the playfield angle.

#659 1 year ago

What is a butter cabinet?

#660 1 year ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Its where you store your margarine!!!
DUH!!!!

fetmpgp1rprz (resized).jpg

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

It has no decals... special process of printing directly on the wood and then clear coated / buffed to insane levels of shiny & color perfection.

Looks awesome, but it's expensive and if you bounce it off a door frame you will cry for at least an hour.

Our decals are top notch and have a heavy laminate that you won't wear through. Butter cabinets are even better! Hard to get good photos of them really... gotta see them to appreciate.

We'll have a butter cabinet next to a standard at the Texas Pinball Festival in our booth.

#662 1 year ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I’m #217, and I opted for the butter cabinet.
Would you mind taking a few pictures for us?
Thanks!

Charlie has already shown what these look like. Pics don't do them justice but I'll try and take a few.

FWIW, here's a FT butter cabinet.

IMG_3729 (resized).JPG

IMG_3731 (resized).JPG

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It has no decals... special process of printing directly on the wood and then clear coated / buffed to insane levels of shiny & color perfection.
Looks awesome, but it's expensive and if you bounce it off a door frame you will cry for at least an hour.
Our decals are top notch and have a heavy laminate that you won't wear through. Butter cabinets are even better! Hard to get good photos of them really... gotta see them to appreciate.
We'll have a butter cabinet next to a standard at the Texas Pinball Festival in our booth.

I had a guy over a couple days ago that has a TNA on order. After seeing my butter cabinet, he now wants to change his to the same. He was hoping that was possible.

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

To fit better in my lineup I was wondering if I could add longer legs to it.

Embrace the variety! I like having a Stern beside a wedgehead beside Panthera. It’s nice to appreciate all the different cabinet designs over several decades. Don’t want my pinball collection to look like a shelf of DVD cases.

#665 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Embrace the variety! I like having a Stern beside a wedgehead beside Panthera. It’s nice to appreciate all the different cabinet designs over several decades. Don’t want my pinball collection to look like a shelf of DVD cases.

I agree, it is about 5 inches shorter on the back of the cabinet than a modern Stern. This is due to the glass angle being almost level with the playfield. The front of the game is the same standard height. Also the backbox is the same Spooky backbox in length width and height.
--Scott

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Embrace the variety!

That's my plan.

I'll have TNA - Metallica - Bank-a-Ball - Woz - Safe Cracker along the wall probably in that order.

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Charlie has already shown what these look like. Pics don't do them justice but I'll try and take a few.
FWIW, here's a FT butter cabinet.

I wish you would have been able to produce these. A butter cabinet for my Scared Siff and Congo would be so sweet.

#668 1 year ago

This is one of 6 butter cabinets we did for Rob Zombie... again, hard to get a great photo. We'll drag a TnA out in the parking lot when it's over 15 degrees out there.

20170812_130726 (resized).jpg

20170812_131006 (resized).jpg

#669 1 year ago

This is one of 6 butter cabinets we did for Rob Zombie... again, hard to get a great photo. We'll drag a TnA out in the parking lot when it's over 15 degrees out there.

I saw the butter cabinet TNA at Expo. Hard to believe TNA could be any better. The butter cabinet really puts the icing on the cake.

LTG : )

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I have to sell my TNA spot of #189 for the cost of my deposit $1000.00 USD. I will take Paypal payment. PM me if interested.

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Hope everything works out ok for you. Hopefully you can join the club once the dust settles.

#671 1 year ago

You can literally eat of that.

#672 1 year ago

One of the best cabinet side art in pinball, made extra delicious with butter!!!

#673 1 year ago

6 months of waiting is going to kill me! But it’s worth it!!!

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

6 months of waiting is going to kill me! But it’s worth it!!!

You have a lot to look forward too. I'm sure you'll endure. ( In case you don't, can I have it ? ) There, now you have a reason to survive.

LTG : )

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Still have Bangerjay's on loan . Was really thinking I was going to top 2 million with this game , but not quite . Got to the 4th reactor but didn't destroy it .LIONMAN still has the grand champion score on the game here .

LIONMAN no longer holds a spot on my game.

20171212_220150 (resized).jpg

20171212_220210 (resized).jpg

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nice scores Rusty ! I'm pretty sure I will get to scores like that at some point , just need more time on the game . Bangerjay's is going home soon though.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nice scores Rusty ! I'm pretty sure I will get to scores like that at some point , just need more time on the game . Bangerjay's is going home soon though.

I can't just walk up and put on scores like that. It takes a session to get warmed up every time. I enjoy playing this with friends but it's so much fun to play alone also.

#678 1 year ago

Has anyone gotten past the 7th reactor yet?

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Has anyone gotten past the 7th reactor yet?

I have made it to 5 three times and defeated 5 once.

So sad to not make it to 6 and get that second EB... It will happen eventually.

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry to see you go. Good opportunity for someone to jump about two months worth of line.

KT said there was a waiting list of 50 people for drop outs.. Will they really let someone jump the line like that?

#681 1 year ago

Instead of having a "number," can Spooky just move to the next person in line and having a running list of people? Setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of that wouldn't be too much to maintain. The buyer of the original deposit would still be responsible for selling their place, just that their place would move to the back after the sale takes place. Just my $.02.

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Instead of having a "number," can Spooky just move to the next person in line and having a running list of people? Setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of that wouldn't be too much to maintain. The buyer of the original deposit would still be responsible for selling their place, just that their place would move to the back after the sale takes place. Just my $.02.

Why wouldn't that person just buy directly from Spooky vs. buying from the original owner if both options move them to the end of the line? It doesn't make any sense.

It also seems strange that there is a list of 50 buyers that are waiting for drop outs.-Are these buyers with deposits in on the game that just want to move up or is this some kind of secondary list? If you're interested in the game why not put down a $1000 deposit and lock yourself into a spot?

#683 1 year ago

I think they are trying to discourage drop outs and avoid making things messy. I like the idea of getting a number and keeping it.

#684 1 year ago

Just like at the deli.

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Holy WOW! What reactor was that???

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Will they really let someone jump the line like that?

Your game # is your game #... if something happens and you have to sell your spot, we aren't going to change the entire list to bump everyone up a number. If we can help someone who is going to be in the area and can pick up a game in person, we're nice and try to do that (like today). If someone calls and says "hey, I'll take my brand new game to a big show you can't make" ... yep, we will try and do that as well. Some prime operator locations will also get their number a little faster if it helps get the game in new areas for more exposure.

We aren't selling games out the back door while nobody looks, we aren't taking more money to get someone a game faster (that HAS been offered)... we're doing all we can to be helpful and keep everybody happy while doing what's best for Spooky, Scott, and our customers.

Truth is, as more TnA's get out there, THE MORE IT SELLS. We've hired 2 more people in the last few weeks to speed things up.

It's like, we care and stuff.

#686 1 year ago

The value is in holding the spot, so it would make more sense to auction off the spot, or for the holder of the spot to charge a premium for it. You can buy a spot, or wait for one to come up, or loose out on a spot if none come up or costs too much. Or, you can end up with 2 spots. By spot I mean serial number... not when it gets made...

#687 1 year ago

Nice lineup w/ TNA! I dig the mirror action too. For a second I thought you had two TRONs.

#688 1 year ago

That's why you guys ROCK!

#689 1 year ago

Your game # is your game #... if something happens and you have to sell your spot, we aren't going to change the entire list to bump everyone up a number. If we can help someone who is going to be in the area and can pick up a game in person, we're nice and try to do that (like today). If someone calls and says "hey, I'll take my brand new game to a big show you can't make" ... yep, we will try and do that as well. Some prime operator locations will also get their number a little faster if it helps get the game in new areas for more exposure.
We aren't selling games out the back door while nobody looks, we aren't taking more money to get someone a game faster (that HAS been offered)... we're doing all we can to be helpful and keep everybody happy while doing what's best for Spooky, Scott, and our customers.
Truth is, as more TnA's get out there, THE MORE IT SELLS. We've hired 2 more people in the last few weeks to speed things up.

Ya'll are awesome!

#690 1 year ago

I haven't completed 5 yet. I do build the reactor value and try to gain additional points where available.

#691 1 year ago

Hey guys, looking for some help. Right now Spooky and Heighway are the only ones that use amps in the cabinet to get us that beautiful sound. I am getting an alien tomorrow and I am trying to hook up a external sub. Can someone please help me figure out how to do that safely when there is a amp in the cabinet.... I got a psw10 powered sub. I have been told I cannot just connect it to the current subwoofer in cabinet because it will send power to the sub and it could cause issues. Does anyone know what I should do? Or what cable I will need to connect it to the amp? I asking in heighway but got no response.

Thanks!

#692 1 year ago

I would ask in the Alien thread, I have no clue how that is wired up. For TNA, you can just use a 1/8" headphone jack splitter and send that to RCA on the external sub. There is also something that some external subs have called high level input, which is just speaker level signal. You can connect the output of the amp in the machine to the external.
--Scott

#693 1 year ago

My daughter likes this game !

20171213_195021 (resized).jpg

#694 1 year ago

As much as I want my game ASAP, I think I perfectly timed it with my move into a new house. So I'm more than happy to hold my spot . That said...if someone wants to buy me the butter cabinet, I'll swap places .

#695 1 year ago

So when does the beacon light up?

I played a friend's TNA recently and was focused so much on the playfield that I realized later that I never noticed the beacon start up.

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I played a friend's TNA recently and was focused so much on the playfield that I realized later that I never noticed the beacon start up.

Beacon is active when the reactor goes critical.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Light beacon for bacon!

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Beacon is active when the reactor goes critical.

Cool - thanks Scott. I'm looking forward to adding TNA to my collection and seeing this feature in action often!

#699 1 year ago

KT emailed to say my game #75 "will be on the line in the next few weeks", though what that really means for numbers and orders I have no idea. I'm excited, but now I gotta get off my ass and put my ACDC lower playfield properly back together so I can sell the game. I was working on a mod for it, but at this point I doubt I'll bother going forward with it.

TNA is the only thing about pinball in 2017 that excites me, see if that holds true for 2018 too. Won't surprise me!

#700 1 year ago

My checkbook is ready and waiting to write that final check!!! #126

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 399.95
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
There are 5939 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside