(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 239.
#6901 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

OK, STL file is posted to Thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4461423
Dimensions are tweaked slightly for printing, but it still has the playfield clamping, etc.
I printed them on their side to make the thin piece stronger. The first two were looking great. The third one, the screw broke off while installing it. Yes, a steel screw sheared off while driving it about 1/4" into wood. [quoted image][quoted image]

For those of us without 3D printers, how long until we can find these for sale on your site, a la the speaker light diffusers?

#6902 3 years ago

If razorsedge is ok with it, I'm willing. I'd only ask for shipping.

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If razorsedge is ok with it, I'm willing. I'd only ask for shipping.

Fine by me. Also PBL can use them for kits if this, or some variant, proves reliable in the extended testing.

#6905 3 years ago

Really awesome of you to do this!

#6906 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I also have something weird going on with the right RGB. It's like the blue is sometimes on when it shouldn't be, off when it should be. White looks greenish. Red looks purple, etc. ...but not all the time.

In case it helps someone else, this seems like it was fixed by wiggling the ribbon cable between the shoot again board and the matrix board.

I was able to repeat it with the old shoot again board and a different LED connected to it, so it wasn't the new shoot again board or LED.

It started working, at least for the few games I had time for, after I wiggled the matrix end of the ribbon cable. Of course, that is glued in place, and I haven't pulled the glue, so I haven't done a full reseat yet.

1 week later
#6907 3 years ago

Big shout out to herg for sharing his file - made for a much easier install of the lit drops...and what an upgrade for the investment!

#6908 3 years ago

Yes, I admit very late to 1.4 update.
Yes awesome, no, I’m not much better.

#6909 3 years ago

I did the screen upgrade this weekend what a HuGe difference !!

Question- ordered posts from pinball life but the are a bit to big... what do you order to replace these posts ?

Are they clear or white ? From where ?

9B7D6E7D-25D9-4286-9AF6-732DCB266927 (resized).jpeg9B7D6E7D-25D9-4286-9AF6-732DCB266927 (resized).jpeg
#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

I did the screen upgrade this weekend what a HuGe difference !!
Question- ordered posts from pinball life but the are a bit to big... what do you order to replace these posts ?
Are they clear or white ? From where ?
[quoted image]

These are the stock ones:
https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

--Scott

#6911 3 years ago

Thanks Scott !!! I ordered the wrong ones !!

I can tell you my family has gotten into pinball over last two years... bk3, wonka, jp3, then TNA. Dispute my kids skepticism at first they love TNA! It’s their most played game !! We cannot wait to get Rick and Morty !!

Appreciate all the great stuff you do for the community!

#6912 3 years ago

Question,

Has anyone upgraded their monitor and then get audio distortion ? I only hear it on the super bass during reactor.

Thoughts ?

#6913 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Question,
Has anyone upgraded their monitor and then get audio distortion ? I only hear it on the super bass during reactor.
Thoughts ?

Turn the volume on the monitor WAAAYYY down. The monitor acts as a pre-amp for the main amplifier and I bet your new monitor controller board is set at 100% volume. Turn that to 20% and reset your amp settings to your liking.
--Scott

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Turn the volume on the monitor WAAAYYY down. The monitor acts as a pre-amp for the main amplifier and I bet your new monitor controller board is set at 100% volume. Turn that to 20% and reset your amp settings to your liking.
--Scott

Thank you sir !

Tried that helped was at 50 dropped to 20 but then after several games it happened Again and I started getting weird sounds during the rumbling times. Sound like when you plug in headphones and What is happening is the 3.5 jack seems to be loose and that is no bueno. So ordered a replacement to try to swap that out and give it a try.

If that doesn’t work I’ll try an HDMI audio extractor and break out to 3.5 before the monitor is involved.

#6915 3 years ago

You could also get a 3.5mm to RCA cable. The RCA jacks hold tighter to the amp than the 3.5mm I have found over time.
--Scott

#6916 3 years ago

Just joined the club. I picked up TNA 549 from Spooky on Friday.

#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Just joined the club. I picked up TNA 549 from Spooky on Friday.

That's awesome! I didn't realize they still had NIB TNAs floating around.

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Seriously. I thought they were long gone... Was the run cut at 550?

#6919 3 years ago

The last game 550 was a charity auction wasn't it??

So 549 is the last of the run sold commercially.

#6920 3 years ago

Yes #550 was sold at a charity auction at the last Pinball Life open house 2019. I think it took in around 7500 or so.

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I ordered it about two years ago. It has a butter cab and I asked Spooky to send off the playfield to Ronald Kruzman. All that took a while. I think it’s been sitting in the shop completely finished quite awhile before I had a chance to pick it up. I had a thoroughly impressive experience picking up TNA and ACNC last Friday. Can’t wait to get my Rick and Morty and make another trip to Benton!

#6922 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The third one, the screw broke off while installing it. Yes, a steel screw sheared off while driving it about 1/4" into wood. [quoted image][quoted image]

I've been super paranoid about not predrilling playfields after the 2.0 kit. I always do it now, especially if Micro made it. Was on the last screw and it popped some artwork off the top. Had room to play with, so not 100% sure what happened and why it didn't happen the other 100's of times I've done it without predrilling. I'm not taking the chance anymore though.

#6923 3 years ago

You could also get a 3.5mm to RCA cable. The RCA jacks hold tighter to the amp than the 3.5mm I have found over time.
--Scott

Switched the vga controller... it still farted ... even at low volume. I tried my idea on the hdmi extractor, still farted at me... switched to the 3.5 to rca and so far so good.

Thank you Scott !

#6924 3 years ago

We at Oasis Arcade Airbnb (near Atlanta) just bought a TNA and love it! Paid $5900. It came with some mods installed and some not yet installed... like the clear drop targets.

Is there a good video tutorial on exactly what to do and when to do it during gameplay? I love the PAPA Bowen tutorials.

IMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_101742 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152906 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpgIMG_20200705_152923 (resized).jpg
#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

OK, STL file is posted to Thingiverse.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4461423
Dimensions are tweaked slightly for printing, but it still has the playfield clamping, etc.
I printed them on their side to make the thin piece stronger. The first two were looking great. The third one, the screw broke off while installing it. Yes, a steel screw sheared off while driving it about 1/4" into wood. [quoted image][quoted image]

What does this do?

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

We at Oasis Arcade Airbnb (near Atlanta) just bought a TNA and love it! Paid $5900. It came with some mods installed and some not yet installed... like the clear drop targets.
Is there a good video tutorial on exactly what to do and when to do it during gameplay? I love the PAPA Bowen tutorials.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always be in multiball

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6931 3 years ago

Disagree on always multiball. Time multiball release for critical reactor phase, use it to finish reactor and keypad for the next reactor. If you still have it running, keep going obviously, but the scoop and reactor core steps are easier in single ball. Get the reactor critical before working on relighting locks.

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Disagree on always multiball. Time multiball release for critical reactor phase, use it to finish reactor and keypad for the next reactor. If you still have it running, keep going obviously, but the scoop and reactor core steps are easier in single ball. Get the reactor critical before working on relighting locks.

On later reactors if heating core with right orbit lit only, I will use a vacant lock to get to the core by stealing a lanes skillshot away from the auto launch.

#6933 3 years ago

Working on getting some mods in tonight.

The clear drops are in. Gotta light them next! Does anyone know the post number that shows where the wiring goes on the new lights?

The new ball save counter is in too. Love the RGB lights in it.

IMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_213522 (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).pngreceived_743793086423851 (resized).jpegreceived_743793086423851 (resized).jpeg

#6934 3 years ago

Drop 1 is closest to flipper, drop 3 up the back. Check them in individual RGB test, they are right down the bottom of the list.

Duplicate connector orientation from other RGB ribon cables.

7-8 posts up, the link is listed there ......

#6935 3 years ago

This may have been mentioned before but... I REALLY think TNA should have a spinner in the right orbit for a more symmetrical look and better gameplay. To not have a spinner there is just odd. Why was that left out I wonder? TheNoTrashCougar

Has anyone come up with a solution or is it too big of a design proposition?

#6936 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

thenotrashcougar What if you used the one unused led to drive an RGB strip that would go down in the trough. Bring some color/GI down there below the flippers.

you can add light by the flippers (not in the trough tho) easily by getting the new style ball save counter and swapping it out with the original. It has a RGB led on each side that totally interacts with the light show during gameplay. Like rick and mortys ball save does. They also change from green to flashing red (along with the numbers) when the counter gets below 5 seconds. It's a really fun mod that gives the ball save countdown more anxiety!
Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#6937 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

This may have been mentioned before but... I REALLY think TNA should have a spinner in the right orbit for a more symmetrical look and better gameplay. To not have a spinner there is just odd. Why was that left out I wonder? thenotrashcougar
Has anyone come up with a solution or is it too big of a design proposition?

I did not put one there because it would have interfered with the launch ramp and there was not really much room to put one in. Chose to make it a 1 spinner game and I think it turned out great!
--Scott

#6938 3 years ago

I did not put one there because it would have interfered with the launch ramp and there was not really much room to put one in. Chose to make it a 1 spinner game and I think it turned out great!
--Scott

I think what it *really* needs is a second or even third spinner on the left orbit! 3x the fun!

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I think what it *really* needs is a second or even third spinner on the left orbit! 3x the fun!

Now THAT would have been awesome! a row of 3 spinners in the left orbit! I don't think anyone has ever done that. Maybe in the future "vault edition" LOL

This game is so rare & difficult to find used that a vault edition makes sense.

I'd love to see more "hoopla" when the target is hit and multiball starts. Something... anything to make it seem like a big deal. Starting multiball on TNA is a lot like starting herman multiball in Munsters. Nothing happens except the balls release. Could something be added in a code revision? TheNoTrashCougar thanks for entertaining my questions.

#6940 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'd love to see more "hoopla" when the target is hit and multiball starts. Something... anything to make it seem like a big deal. Starting multiball on TNA is a lot like starting herman multiball in Munsters. Nothing happens except the balls release. Could something be added in a code revision? thenotrashcougar thanks for entertaining my questions.

You mean, other than the double/triple noise beep-splosion, the music changing beat and tone, the screen flashing multi-ball, the GI all going green, the "Multi Ball Initiated" callout, and I wanna say my machine rumbles when it starts, although that might just be my imagination.

I dunno, I kinda think starting multiball always feels like the game changes pace, and with the visual and auditory shuffle it really switches the mood in the moment.

I don't think multiball in this game is like that of a WPC say, where the goal is to start a multi-ball frenzy and you get a big light show. It's there instead to help you achieve goals, and offer bonuses if you are suave enough to keep it around and still kill the reactor.

#6941 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

You mean, other than the double/triple noise beep-splosion, the music changing beat and tone, the screen flashing multi-ball, the GI all going green, the "Multi Ball Initiated" callout, and I wanna say my machine rumbles when it starts, although that might just be my imagination.
I dunno, I kinda think starting multiball always feels like the game changes pace, and with the visual and auditory shuffle it really switches the mood in the moment.
I don't think multiball in this game is like that of a WPC say, where the goal is to start a multi-ball frenzy and you get a big light show. It's there instead to help you achieve goals, and offer bonuses if you are suave enough to keep it around and still kill the reactor.

Agreed. If you play the game safely you should be in multiball a lot. I already feel there is enough “change” to make it obvious what is happening in the game with the music and GI change. If it was a HUGE production or slowed the game down in any way it would probably get really annoying.

#6942 3 years ago

Drops now lit! I love the effects. https://vimeo.com/436818999

#6943 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

I dunno, releasing the balls is just very uneventful. I realize that DURING multiball all the things you mention do happen. It's the actual GETTING of the multiball that is the chore and seems like the actual multiball ball release moments (when the drop out of the chamber) could be rewarded with... something exciting. Maybe the beacon lighting and spinning?

#6944 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

If it was a HUGE production or slowed the game down in any way it would probably get really annoying.

You mean like when the gameplay completely stops for 5 or 6 seconds while each reactor becomes activated?

#6945 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Now THAT would have been awesome! a row of 3 spinners in the left orbit! I don't think anyone has ever done that. Maybe in the future "vault edition" LOL
This game is so rare & difficult to find used that a vault edition makes sense.
I'd love to see more "hoopla" when the target is hit and multiball starts. Something... anything to make it seem like a big deal. Starting multiball on TNA is a lot like starting herman multiball in Munsters. Nothing happens except the balls release. Could something be added in a code revision? thenotrashcougar thanks for entertaining my questions.

I'm doing this in my next homebrew for theme integration haha

#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You mean like when the gameplay completely stops for 5 or 6 seconds while the reactors become activated?

valid point.

So what would you add? There is already a speech call out, the music and GI changes.

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

On later reactors if heating core with right orbit lit only, I will use a vacant lock to get to the core by stealing a lanes skillshot away from the auto launch.

If I am making an honest attempt at a good game instead of just playing for fun the auto-plunger only touches the ball during multiball when im otherwise busy, and even then sometimes I trap up and try to plunge saved balls into the core.

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You mean like when the gameplay completely stops for 5 or 6 seconds while each reactor becomes activated?

Thank god that is skippable. Honestly the way it is setup is perfect. I LOVE that skipping it doesn't skip the 3 pulse light/sound show that is amazing!

#6949 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

valid point.
So what would you add? There is already a speech call out, the music and GI changes.

I would add a special callout for when all 3 balls come out of the lock STDM

#6950 3 years ago

--Scott

1 spinner was the right call. I wish it was more valuable though. Chaining left orbit loops at crazy speed is fun but not valuable enough to be worth the risk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 210.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.