(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 239.
#6701 3 years ago

Looks like I’ll be hoping for a 3rd run of the shoot again displays...went to buy and sold out!

#6702 3 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Looks like I’ll be hoping for a 3rd run of the shoot again displays...went to buy and sold out!

Easier install than it sounded. No drilling of new holes. The extra light show is cool. Really impressed with the work Scott did on 1.4...love the changes.

#6703 3 years ago

Seeing an issue since the update that I haven't seen anyone else mention in this thread. I turn on the machine, start a game, and the FIRST shaker feedback feels twice as hard as my settings (which I've left at default). Doesn't matter if it's the pop bumper or starting a reactor that instigates the shake and it's fine after that initial jolt. Behavior is normal during any subsequent balls in that game or in any subsequent games until the machine is rebooted.

Anybody else experienced this?

#6704 3 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Seeing an issue since the update that I haven't seen anyone else mention in this thread. I turn on the machine, start a game, and the FIRST shaker feedback feels twice as hard as my settings (which I've left at default). Doesn't matter if it's the pop bumper or starting a reactor that instigates the shake and it's fine after that initial jolt. Behavior is normal during any subsequent balls in that game or in any subsequent games until the machine is rebooted.
Anybody else experienced this?

A number of us have been having shaker motor issues and Scott said he will address this in the next update 1.4.1. My low setting is at the point where it shakes so much it causes a tilt. Currently I have it off for now.

#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

A number of us have been having shaker motor issues and Scott said he will address this in the next update 1.4.1. My low setting is at the point where it shakes so much it causes a tilt. Currently I have it off for now.

My issue's a bit different because after the initial burst, the shaker seems to be working just as it always has. Very well could be a similar root cause, though. It's only a minor annoyance.

#6706 3 years ago

I've been a TNA owner for exactly one week, and I've almost got it running perfectly. Just replaced the fan to one that is more quiet, thanks to this thread. I currently have 2 issues:

First is that about 50% of the time, when I hit the first drop target to start a multiball, the second one goes down, but the first one stays up. I searched in this thread and it looks like I've got to adjust the tension of one of the springs that holds it up. If there's something else I should try for this?

The main issue that I'm having, and it's one that I have with my BSD, is that with the right flipper when the ball is rolling toward the flipper from the inlane, the rubber from the flipper isn't perfectly flush with the inlane, and it bounces up a little bit. Is that something that I can adjust?

IMG_20200514_164706 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_164706 (resized).jpg
#6707 3 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the shooter gauge mod? All of a sudden mine does the white-light sweep all the time, sometimes in green. Works fine with the pink when I pull back the plunger, but no matter how I tweak the tip of the shooter with the reflective material, it's always going. I thought I saw something recently where there was an improved one coming out?

#6708 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone else having problems with the shooter gauge mod? All of a sudden mine does the white-light sweep all the time, sometimes in green. Works fine with the pink when I pull back the plunger, but no matter how I tweak the tip of the shooter with the reflective material, it's always going. I thought I saw something recently where there was an improved one coming out?

When mine was doing the sweeping white all of the time, I noticed that the circuit board was moving back towards the player after several games. It wasn't moving very much, but I could tell that the first sensor was being blocked by the auto plunger just enough so that it was loosing track of the ball. So I would slide the board forward a bit and it would be fixed until it moved again. Once I found the right spot, I hot glued the board in place and I haven't had that problem since. I took some pics of how it is set up now.

Before I noticed my board was moving, I did try adjusting the shooter rod down a bit, by shimming the shooter rod plate, thinking the rod might not be in line with the sensors, but then the green sweep disappeared, or became really unreliable, so I put it back the way it was. I haven't messed with the rubber tip or the foil tape.

Once I got the sensors in the right place, forward to back, it's been pretty solid.

IMG_20200514_163321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163333 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163333 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163448 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_163448 (resized).jpg
#6709 3 years ago

You are a god among men, killborn . Thank you. I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can't get it tweaked again.

I also just installed the new shoot again readout, and while it's cool and all, my numbers kind of flash quickly on and off at some points. Not sure if it's coded that way, or if something's messed up.

*Sigh* This game was such a solid game for me before I starting messing around with it.

#6710 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You are a god among men, killborn . Thank you. I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can't get it tweaked again.
I also just installed the new shoot again readout, and while it's cool and all, my numbers kind of flash quickly on and off at some points. Not sure if it's coded that way, or if something's messed up.
*Sigh* This game was such a solid game for me before I starting messing around with it.

Please check and make sure no solder joints cracked on you. Or just reflow all the solder just to be sure. If it was crushed in shipping, that could break it, but it is an easy fix.

--Scott

#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#6712 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Killborn is right about the alignment of the board may be causing the false triggers. The board in my machine slides back after a session or two of games with similar results. Doublecheck that the second sensor is square with the launcher claw. Also make sure the potentiometer is turned all the way to the right.
As for the new version, it is coming but time is short right now. I am an essential worker rebuilding diagnostic imaging medical equipment. My current project at work requires at least one full semi trailer for transportation and took two weeks just to install and power on, i'm exhausted when I get home.

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Fatpanda is right about the alignment of the board may be causing the false triggers. The board in my machine slides back after a session or two of games with similar results. Doublecheck that the second sensor is square with the launcher claw. Also make sure the potentiometer is turned all the way to the right.
As for the new version, it is coming but time is short right now. I am an essential worker rebuilding diagnostic imaging medical equipment. My current project at work requires at least one full semi trailer for transportation and took two weeks just to install and power on, i'm exhausted when I get home.

Just to clarify, it was killborn who pointed out the fix, not me

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

I've been a TNA owner for exactly one week, and I've almost got it running perfectly. Just replaced the fan to one that is more quiet, thanks to this thread. I currently have 2 issues:
First is that about 50% of the time, when I hit the first drop target to start a multiball, the second one goes down, but the first one stays up. I searched in this thread and it looks like I've got to adjust the tension of one of the springs that holds it up. If there's something else I should try for this?
The main issue that I'm having, and it's one that I have with my BSD, is that with the right flipper when the ball is rolling toward the flipper from the inlane, the rubber from the flipper isn't perfectly flush with the inlane, and it bounces up a little bit. Is that something that I can adjust?
[quoted image]

Like you mentioned, play with the drop target tension springs and check your optos in switch test to make sure they're registering properly.

As far as flipper hop goes, Titan makes a thinner flipper band that should help with that. Mine does the same and I have the thin Titan flippers on mine and it eliminated the flipper hop.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just to clarify, it was killborn who pointed out the fix, not me

Ha you're right. Hardly recognize you after switching from the Madison W.

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Ha you're right. Hardly recognize you after switching from the Madison W.

Yes, I've decided to become the master of magnetism for now

#6717 3 years ago

Installed mine with Scott’s help! Huge thanks Scott. It’s really easy just need to think about it - no drilling required. I did it on my stream on twitch and the video is uploading to YouTube Search for neilmcrae. Also did the green protectors and IMO both are must have mods!

Thanks to pinballlife for getting the parts over to me in the UK in super quick time.

#6718 3 years ago

before pics:

IMG_8907 (resized).JPGIMG_8907 (resized).JPG
IMG_8911 (resized).JPGIMG_8911 (resized).JPG
IMG_8908 (resized).JPGIMG_8908 (resized).JPG

#6719 3 years ago

after:

IMG_8923 (resized).JPGIMG_8923 (resized).JPGIMG_8926 (resized).JPGIMG_8926 (resized).JPGIMG_8918 (resized).JPGIMG_8918 (resized).JPG

not sure why pinside is rotating the images

IMG_8919 (resized).JPGIMG_8919 (resized).JPGIMG_8920 (resized).JPGIMG_8920 (resized).JPGIMG_8924 (resized).JPGIMG_8924 (resized).JPGIMG_8925 (resized).JPGIMG_8925 (resized).JPGIMG_8927 (resized).JPGIMG_8927 (resized).JPG
#6720 3 years ago

before

after

#6721 3 years ago

The ball save upgrade is awesome!

I'm sure the video doesn't do the green much justice, but seeing all that I'm kinda glad now that I've got the pink on it's way. Also some clear drops and PRoc gear

#6722 3 years ago

I have the clear drops but waiting for the future on that

#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm sure the video doesn't do the green much justice, but seeing all that I'm kinda glad now that I've got the pink on it's way.

The green is awesome. Originally I wanted Scott to put in an option for each multiball to rotate to a different GI color, so you didn't have to lock into a single color. But after seeing the green protectors with the blue GI, it's WAY COOL. My wife doesn't get into all this pinball interior designer BS, and I didn't tell her I had installed the green protectors. But the next time we played TNA, she commented right away after one of us got multiball that the "lighting" was super cool.

I don't *love* that the green ads a hue to the plastics, but it's way more than made up for by the lighting effect with the blue multiball GI.

#6724 3 years ago

Sigh...

Well, I tried to tweak the shooter gauge mod by moving the board a bit. I was left with two choices: the sweeping white thing that never stops, or a permanently lit pink segment or two at the top. I even moved the tip around a bit to try to get it just right, but this mod is a finicky MF'er. I'm going to have to just deal with it or hope he comes up with a better, more user-friendly version. I LOVE this mod...just wish I could get it to work reliably.

Anyone know where I can get some more of that reflective tape for the shooter tip? I'm afraid to ruin the one I've got and then I'll have no lights activating at all.

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sigh...
Well, I tried to tweak the shooter gauge mod by moving the board a bit. I was left with two choices: the sweeping white thing that never stops, or a permanently lit pink segment or two at the top. I even moved the tip around a bit to try to get it just right, but this mod is a finicky MF'er. I'm going to have to just deal with it or hope he comes up with a better, more user-friendly version. I LOVE this mod...just wish I could get it to work reliably.
Anyone know where I can get some more of that reflective tape for the shooter tip? I'm afraid to ruin the one I've got and then I'll have no lights activating at all.

Hardware Store Aluminum Duct Tape.

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hardware Store Aluminum Duct Tape.

Thanks, Scott! I thank God for you every time I hit the start button on my TNA...

...and then curse your existence when ball 3 drains about 2 minutes later.

#6727 3 years ago

Double post...

#6728 3 years ago

I love it too, I gave up on getting mine working 100% though. Spent hours fiddling around with it.

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and then curse your existence when ball 3 drains about 2 minutes later.

I can feel it, really makes you feel alive.

#6730 3 years ago

Weird request:

Anyone have a CAD file/drawing of a TNA playfield? I'm using a lot of the same parts (PBL) for my sonic homebrew's lower third but my spacing is all off. I COULD rip my TNA apart to measure it all, but if it already exists it would save me a ton of time. Maybe even @thenotrashcougar? Can't hurt to ask I guess.

#6731 3 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Weird request:
Anyone have a CAD file/drawing of a TNA playfield? I'm using a lot of the same parts (PBL) for my sonic homebrew's lower third but my spacing is all off. I COULD rip my TNA apart to measure it all, but if it already exists it would save me a ton of time. Maybe even thenotrashcougar? Can't hurt to ask I guess.

lol, yeah I can see Scott releasing that Get your tape out dood

Neil.

#6732 3 years ago

So based off feedback, is it safe to take more thumbs up for GREEN protector color vs. PINK?
Was the upgrade worth it?

Thx in advance!

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

So based off feedback, is it safe to take more thumbs up for GREEN protector color vs. PINK?
Was the upgrade worth it?
Thx in advance!

Yes it's worth it, but if you see the Hot Pink with Teal lighting...looks killer for the theme. I can't speak to the green cause I haven't seen it in person, bet it looks good too.

#6734 3 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Weird request:
Anyone have a CAD file/drawing of a TNA playfield? I'm using a lot of the same parts (PBL) for my sonic homebrew's lower third but my spacing is all off. I COULD rip my TNA apart to measure it all, but if it already exists it would save me a ton of time. Maybe even thenotrashcougar? Can't hurt to ask I guess.

I cannot think of a funny way to answer this, but no, I cannot give out my IP. Sorry for the lack of a funny response.
--Scott

#6735 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Yes it's worth it, but if you see the Hot Pink with Teal lighting...looks killer for the theme. I can't speak to the green cause I haven't seen it in person, bet it looks good too.

I have green and pink arriving this week. I couldn't decide which when I was on the store website, so I ended up ordering both! Lol

I kinda like the shades of red looking pinstripe given off by the pink protectors

Was going to go with green based on the cheer squad, but couldn't help remembering the people going bananas over pink! .... now will probably get switched over with every deep clean!

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I have green and pink arriving this week. I couldn't decide which when I was on the store website, so I ended up ordering both!

I am leaning towards pink, but curious to know your thoughts when they land and get installed.

#6737 3 years ago

CAVEAT: I have not seen the pink in person.

I was much more tempted by the pink than the green. Pink obviously goes with the playfield colors. Hell, I have metallic pink flippers on my game, so I get it. But something about the contrast of the green, and the fact that it's a nuclear reactor, made me go green.

SUPER glad I did. The green edges during the blue GI looks amazing, and unlike the pink, doesn't blend in with the rest of the playfield. The glowing green is a cool contrast to all the pink artwork.

A side consideration is they take different color GIs to activate. Green requires the blue, while I guess pink requires the teal. I think the blue GI looks cooler than the teal, so that's an added benefit. All personal preference, obviously. Someone talked about mixing the green with the pink to get the best of both, but the fact that they take different GI really nullifies this for me.

#6738 3 years ago

I’ve settled on using pink protectors on everything except the reactor and with the blue multiball. I don’t like how the reactor looks in pink as well and it also messes up the look for the chasing lights when reactor is activated. Don’t like what the green protectors look during normal play so I don’t have any of those. Can’t wait to get my new ball save display today!

817E4FAF-6EC7-427C-B1CC-942B85263FB3 (resized).jpeg817E4FAF-6EC7-427C-B1CC-942B85263FB3 (resized).jpeg
#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

CAVEAT: I have not seen the pink in person.
I was much more tempted by the pink than the green. Pink obviously goes with the playfield colors. Hell, I have metallic pink flippers on my game, so I get it. But something about the contrast of the green, and the fact that it's a nuclear reactor, made me go green.
SUPER glad I did. The green edges during the blue GI looks amazing, and unlike the pink, doesn't blend in with the rest of the playfield. The glowing green is a cool contrast to all the pink artwork.
A side consideration is they take different color GIs to activate. Green requires the blue, while I guess pink requires the teal. I think the blue GI looks cooler than the teal, so that's an added benefit. All personal preference, obviously. Someone talked about mixing the green with the pink to get the best of both, but the fact that they take different GI really nullifies this for me.

I would have to agree with this. Although the pink looks pretty cool during normal gameplay, there is already a ton of pink on the playfield. The green really stood out to me because of the contrast. My wife always told me the bad way to decorate is throw the same color at different things. bad example: Got a room with gray carpet? Paint the room gray, add some gray furniture, and some gray lights. The green totally contrasts nicely with the rest of the playfield. This is all personal preference though as the pink above looks super cool too, it is just what each individual prefers. I like that there are options.
--Scott

#6740 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I cannot think of a funny way to answer this, but no, I cannot give out my IP. Sorry for the lack of a funny response.
--Scott

No worries my dude, though you owe me a joke I guess

#6741 3 years ago

Just checking - flipper mech fornTBA is standard Williams WPC right?

#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Correct.

#6743 3 years ago

So maybe it has been answered, but what does the super spinner ( Unknown impact and qualification, according to the manual) actually do, apart from making a cool noise ?

#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

So maybe it has been answered, but what does the super spinner ( Unknown impact and qualification, according to the manual) actually do, apart from making a cool noise ?

It spins.

Oh and it gives you more points!

It is qualified after you spin it a whole bunch of times

#6745 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

making a cool noise ?

You say this like it isn't worth it...How dare you?!

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

[quoted image]

Are you trying to eliminate in lane ball hop? This worked for me after about 2 hrs of experimenting. This was occurring on the left side and was pretty bad. The issue for me was the lil plastic protector that hides the flipper bat was too close to the top of the hole for the flipper cut out. Bc of this it caused a lil hop. I took the flipper bat out and was able to loosen that lil plastic protector sleeve lowering it just enough that I could get it to sit flush with the bottom of the flipper hole. If you zoom really close on this pic you will see it’s sitting slightly too high. When you loosen the 3 screws underneath on the plastic protector you’ll be able to reposition it to be lower And closer to the bottom of the hole. The hard part was getting it to stay like that after retightening the screws. I finally was able to put 3 small tooth picks jammed between plastic protector and the top part of the hole In order to situate it a lil lower. I then cut them flush with the table and jammed them down a lil further so they didn’t interfere with the upward motion of the flipper bat. Crazy, but it works now like a charm. Put about 50 more games on it and it’s still holding. Basically just try to get that plastic to sit closer to the bottom part of the hole cut out for the flipper. Hope this helped.

#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

PBL has them all kitted up and bagged for easy purchase - https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-100-0112-00

#6748 3 years ago

Hi there. I've got mine TNA in our club house here in the Netherlands and it's used for play to everyone when we're open. Last December a player came to say a ball got stuck in the right scoop. Fast forward - in between loads of tests, hardware check, all software versions used, the works you may say - the found error is still there. And than to someone else who also has a TNA where the same happened. It is likely some of you may have the same. The tricky bit is that it may take ages before you notice, but it is certainly not impossible. What happened was that the aforementioned player came into multiball, got to hold balls and with another one made the drop target jackpots and the scoop super jackpot. He did that without making any other switch in between and after a number of times the ball in the scoop sits there, the rest of the game is fully working, but no return, not even in ball search. When you do a hard reset or start a new game, the ball is popped out instantly. Just to make sure it is not an isolated issue a request to you to try the following. Take the playfield glass of and have a ball ready. You don't need to start a game. Now manually drop the targets with the ball rolling to it and land it in the scoop. When everything is fine all three drop targets will be tripped and the ball is kicked out. Repeat this sequence. If you've done it ten times and the ball still comes out you're good. If however after a number of times (mostly the fifth time on my machine) the ball stays in and the only way to get it out is starting a game or a hard reset you may want to check it once more. Whatever the outcome please let me know. I will keep playing my game but we also like to use it in tournaments and than this error occurring would be a nuisance. Cheers from Holland, Ad Jonker

#6749 3 years ago

So when does this mod come out?

next (resized).jpgnext (resized).jpg
#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So when does this mod come out?

Where's that from? Love it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/135?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.