(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 239.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I put in the pink last night...man, they are awesome. The teal in the multiball just looks awesome! F the green

HAHA! Glad you are happy with them. The pink sets are sold out at the moment, but we will get more on the PBL site as soon as possible.
--Scott

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

No idea. If you are asking my personal opinion on pinstadiums on TNA, I never really liked them as they messed with the lightshows. Keep in mind that every individual lamps on TNA is independently controlled, so when other lights get flashed as a whole unit, it takes away from the movement effects that I made. I am not talking down about the product, I am just saying I would not use it in this game as I worked so hard on getting the choreography looking the way I wanted and this blows it out.

Nope, just curious about added UV. Thanks!

#6603 3 years ago

...say the people who don't have the green...

#6604 3 years ago

Is it possible to retake these pictures without the flash? I want to see if there are differences in the edge brightness. Thank you!
--Scott

Here they are. Right and left.20200423_140611 (resized).jpg20200423_140611 (resized).jpg20200423_140611 (resized).jpg20200423_140611 (resized).jpg20200423_140611 (resized).jpg20200423_140611 (resized).jpg

Left noflash (resized).jpgLeft noflash (resized).jpg20200423_140601 (resized).jpg20200423_140601 (resized).jpgRight noflash (resized).jpgRight noflash (resized).jpg
#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Here they are. Right and left.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not seeing a difference...

#6606 3 years ago

Bit off topic for a second, but while the spooky cougar is around, do the cliffy single drop protectors fit the lock targets?

a.la. cactus canyon? got quite a bit of wear on me lock number two.

Also...mighty fine work there spider, think you've left enough plastic to make it good.

#6607 3 years ago

LED OCD's Spooky Speaker Lights - Frosted Spacers http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=34

I never liked the look of the Spooky speaker LED ring, and it seems i was not alone. I bought these Frosted Spacers and I really like them! Priced right and easy install. Photos on their page do not look anything like the final effect, you still see individual points of light, but nicely diffused.

Not a compensated spokesperson.

Don C.

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

Bit off topic for a second, but while the spooky cougar is around, do the cliffy single drop protectors fit the lock targets?
a.la. cactus canyon? got quite a bit of wear on me lock number two.
Also...mighty fine work there spider, think you've left enough plastic to make it good.

I have no clue unfortunately. Make sure your drops are as level as they can be with the playfield would be the #1 thing I would check here.
--Scott

#6609 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Here they are. Right and left.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You can tell by the reflection on the playfield that it looks like it is getting a little less light absorption, but does not look too bad. In all honesty though, we will probably not be changing this product. It is neat to see if this works or not though. Thank you for testing it out.
--Scott

#6610 3 years ago

You can tell by the reflection on the playfield that it looks like it is getting a little less light absorption, but does not look too bad. In all honesty though, we will probably not be changing this product. It is neat to see if this works or not though. Thank you for testing it out.
--Scott

Yes if you look at the playfield (reflection) you can see that right side has center removed. I'll post photos of slings overhead at 6:30 ish EST.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/133#post-5612666

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

Any tips troubleshooting a switch board - I have a non working switch.

switches on the same board share a common ground (black wire). follow the black wire back to the previous switch and make sure you don't have a broken wire.

#6612 3 years ago

I have no clue unfortunately. Make sure your drops are as level as they can be with the playfield would be the #1 thing I would check here.
--Scott

The machine was on location for a while, and the lock 2 drop push down coil wasn't making the target drop, so it kept trying and trying moving the ball that was resting on it - i eventually upped the coil power level to max on that drop which made it drop 9 times out of 10 - it is actually a lot better now, seems to have worn itself in. Annoyingly, it would only happen when the playfield was flat (or near as dammit) so trying to work out why the mech wasn't resetting was nearly impossible. It was totally lined up, tight and seemed exactly the same as the other two. Just thought a cliffy might just help stop the wear spreading and they are pretty tidy as they only sit on the back edge of the hole. May order some anyhow, as I do own a Cactus and may well need them!

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

The machine was on location for a while, and the lock 2 drop push down coil wasn't making the target drop, so it kept trying and trying moving the ball that was resting on it - i eventually upped the coil power level to max on that drop which made it drop 9 times out of 10 - it is actually a lot better now, seems to have worn itself in. Annoyingly, it would only happen when the playfield was flat (or near as dammit) so trying to work out why the mech wasn't resetting was nearly impossible. It was totally lined up, tight and seemed exactly the same as the other two. Just thought a cliffy might just help stop the wear spreading and they are pretty tidy as they only sit on the back edge of the hole. May order some anyhow, as I do own a Cactus and may well need them!

I had an issue with my drop target not going down a while back. I ended up cutting a few turns off of a spring that was slightly too long. It was a strange fix but I haven't had an issue since. I forget what the long spring was interfering with.

#6614 3 years ago

Bird's eye view.

20200423_141549 (resized).jpg20200423_141549 (resized).jpg20200423_141543 (resized).jpg20200423_141543 (resized).jpg
#6615 3 years ago

Last night Joniano and I got on a Zoom call together where we competed against each other with some different TNA challenges. Overall it was a blast! If anyone wants to do this please let me know and I will set up another call. Here is what we did.

1.Set our games to 1 reactor and raced to blow it up. Awesome way to start it up. It would be awesome if we could set it to act like reactor 9 so there were more shots to have to hit.

2. Race to start multiball. This was very fast.

3. Race to hit a mystery shot. This ended up being more of a challenge than I expected. You have to hit RAD and then the scoop but if you drain your RAD progress is lost. This was surprisingly fun as you never really aim for this.

4. Race to start super spinner. This was also a good challenge because if you drain you lose all progress and have to start over. It would be cool if the display showed how many spins away you were. Another fun challenge.

At this point a part on @joniano’s machine broke so we couldn’t continue but we had other challenges planned like:

-first to 500k
-best score after 3mins
-best score with only 1 ball
-high score with one handed play

Once again this was a ton of fun and I’d be happy to set this up again for others to participate! Also if there are other challenges people can think of please let me know.

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Last night joniano and I got on a Zoom call together where we competed against each other with some different TNA challenges. Overall it was a blast! If anyone wants to do this please let me know and I will set up another call. Here is what we did.
1.Set our games to 1 reactor and raced to blow it up. Awesome way to start it up. It would be awesome if we could set it to act like reactor 9 so there were more shots to have to hit.
2. Race to start multiball. This was very fast.
3. Race to hit a mystery shot. This ended up being more of a challenge than I expected. You have to hit RAD and then the scoop but if you drain your RAD progress is lost. This was surprisingly fun as you never really aim for this.
4. Race to start super spinner. This was also a good challenge because if you drain you lose all progress and have to start over. It would be cool if the display showed how many spins away you were. Another fun challenge.
At this point a part on joniano’s machine broke so we couldn’t continue but we had other challenges planned like:
-first to 500k
-best score after 3mins
-best score with only 1 ball
-high score with one handed play
Once again this was a ton of fun and I’d be happy to set this up again for others to participate! Also if there are other challenges people can think of please let me know.

So sad I missed this! Next time for sure!

#6617 3 years ago

I have a strange issue where the reactor key lights will just all go dead and not light at all, then they will just start working again. I went to that board, tightened all the connectors but it still does it. Any advice? Thank you greatly!

#6618 3 years ago

Finally!!! Had to use co-op to beat it but after owning it since launch still thrilling. Had a crazy multiball on reactor 6 that carried me all the way to 9. Then proceeded to drain three balls. Finally hit the d target on the very last ball. Boom! Now to get better at single player.

IMG_20200425_171037 (resized).jpgIMG_20200425_171037 (resized).jpg
#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Finally!!! Had to use co-op to beat it but after owning it since launch still thrilling. Had a crazy multiball on reactor 6 that carried me all the way to 9. Then proceeded to drain three balls. Finally hit the d target on the very last ball. Boom! Now to get better at single player.[quoted image]

Got kink in neck
. great game.

de46b4b2c17e33a9b68bebae0029c17e99d3b6a7 (resized).jpgde46b4b2c17e33a9b68bebae0029c17e99d3b6a7 (resized).jpg
#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

switches on the same board share a common ground (black wire). follow the black wire back to the previous switch and make sure you don't have a broken wire.

will check. After that is there anything on the board to diagnose? Any tests or check or components that I can replace - or is it just keep a spare board

#6621 3 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

will check. After that is there anything on the board to diagnose? Any tests or check or components that I can replace - or is it just keep a spare board

all of the switch boards are identical, they just have different dip switch setting to designate which one is which in the line. if you suspect it is the switch board, then you could swap two boards, just make sure you note the dip switch settings and set them correctly.

#6622 3 years ago

+1 for spinner count on the display

#6623 3 years ago

I've got clear plastic protectors installed at the moment and am contemplating green ones. Has anyone compared them and have an opinion?

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I've got clear plastic protectors installed at the moment and am contemplating green ones. Has anyone compared them and have an opinion?

Check the last few pages. Some people like the green, others all pink, and some clear. I personally prefer the clear as they don’t “yellow“ the colors of the actual plastics.

#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Check the last few pages. Some people like the green, others all pink, and some clear. I personally prefer the clear as they don’t “yellow“ the colors of the actual plastics.

Don't forget some are now getting ready to try green with centers cut out. And I may try to replace cut out with clear.

#6626 3 years ago

For all you pink lover boys. Don’t worry I am too.

0523595C-03FE-49E5-ABE1-7C5B3C17347B (resized).jpeg0523595C-03FE-49E5-ABE1-7C5B3C17347B (resized).jpeg0C63D56D-B23C-44D6-BBF7-355C7B504C15 (resized).jpeg0C63D56D-B23C-44D6-BBF7-355C7B504C15 (resized).jpeg1758F673-649C-44D1-B904-FADB5B9CD142 (resized).jpeg1758F673-649C-44D1-B904-FADB5B9CD142 (resized).jpeg591ADF2B-73A5-4BAE-8CD0-29FE973D52AE (resized).jpeg591ADF2B-73A5-4BAE-8CD0-29FE973D52AE (resized).jpeg7DD3F82E-1582-480A-AF5D-C86045392510 (resized).jpeg7DD3F82E-1582-480A-AF5D-C86045392510 (resized).jpeg9F9689BA-F478-404E-A7CD-4FDDD2CEA07A (resized).jpeg9F9689BA-F478-404E-A7CD-4FDDD2CEA07A (resized).jpeg9FAD3328-BC8B-4F45-9B5D-7089AA4055FF (resized).jpeg9FAD3328-BC8B-4F45-9B5D-7089AA4055FF (resized).jpegD1D211DD-F318-4A1B-AAAF-23360C5CCAE3 (resized).jpegD1D211DD-F318-4A1B-AAAF-23360C5CCAE3 (resized).jpegDF5336F8-C90F-4520-84CD-FC11043821E4 (resized).jpegDF5336F8-C90F-4520-84CD-FC11043821E4 (resized).jpegEB47DC14-9A09-4656-B5B0-F8E1B34C9293 (resized).jpegEB47DC14-9A09-4656-B5B0-F8E1B34C9293 (resized).jpeg
#6627 3 years ago

It looks like we are going to try another session of TNA challenges!

Currently it is looking like we will play 4/28 at 9pm EST. Please shoot me a PM and I will send you the Zoom call info. No need for a streaming setup of any kind, just a device with a camera that you can connect via Zoom. It is a blast!

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

For all you pink lover boys. Don’t worry I am too.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see how these look when installed and love your work in general!

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from wipinball:

Would love to see how these look when installed and love your work in general!

He does amazing work. I’ll post some shots once I get them installed

#6630 3 years ago

For those of you with a dialled in game, where does your ball land when you do a short plunge? Mine always hits the right sling, but I watched the video with Bowen blowing it up at TPF and his consistently landed on the right flipper with a small slap. I never thought about it before so curious if my ball guide needs adjustment, or what is normal since I dread when I do one? I’ve seen the expertise folks have in the R&M thread so figured I’d check first before I go messing with anything. Thanks!

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

For those of you with a dialled in game, where does your ball land when you do a short plunge? Mine always hits the right sling, but I watched the video with Bowen blowing it up at TPF and his consistently landed on the right flipper with a small slap. I never thought about it before so curious if my ball guide needs adjustment, or what is normal since I dread when I do one? I’ve seen the expertise folks have in the R&M thread so figured I’d check first before I go messing with anything. Thanks!

I get mine to the right flipper most of the time. But depends exactly how short or long the short plunge is.. If I get it at the minimal, the ball will hit the right sling with no nudge.. I dont recall adjusting the ball guide at all, just got the playfield around 7 degrees, and level left to right..

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I get mine to the right flipper most of the time. But depends exactly how short or long the short plunge is.. If I get it at the minimal, the ball will hit the right sling with no nudge.. I dont recall adjusting the ball guide at all, just got the playfield around 7 degrees, and level left to right..

Same. If the plunge is too soft, it will hit the right sling unless nudged, but a harder plunge will come down nicely to the right flipper.

#6633 3 years ago

The ball lands on the right flipper on my game. Even if the ball is just trickling down the right orbit.

#6634 3 years ago

Here is the Zoom call info for tonights session at 9PM EST. Please feel free to join! All play levels welcome. Just use your phone or computer so that you can be on the call and know what challenge we are doing and when to plunge your ball.

If you are going to join tonight can you please upvote this post or PM me so I can have a rough idea of who all to expect.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85977538967?pwd=ZlJlQjQ4UHNvbTZCbTRUdzQxV2U3Zz09

Meeting ID: 859 7753 8967
Password: TNAFTW

#6635 3 years ago

So far I’ve know of three of us playing tonight. Feel free to join us in less than an hour!

#6636 3 years ago

Just got done with @joelbob's Zoom meeting a few minutes ago. Anyone who was on the fence should try to join up next time. Doing the challenges together is fun, and you can chat about pinball in between.

#6637 3 years ago

Question for everyone...maybe it's already been said. I'm looking to do an interactive undercabinet lighting kit for TNA. Basically I want the same effect I get from the lighted speakers but in the ground. Are the led strips 12 volt or 6 volt? I would imagine it shouldn't be too hard to tap into the same wire to get the desired effect.
Any ideas or directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Question for everyone...maybe it's already been said. I'm looking to do an interactive undercabinet lighting kit for TNA. Basically I want the same effect I get from the lighted speakers but in the ground. Are the led strips 12 volt or 6 volt? I would imagine it shouldn't be too hard to tap into the same wire to get the desired effect.
Any ideas or directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Look at my 6219 post. I did this for behind my backbox. I also linked everything I used and added a video. That should answer any questions for you.

#6639 3 years ago

Thanks Joelbob... by the way just download the new code last night. Freaking love it! Can't wait for my Powerball, green protectors, mirror blades, and figure out the under cabinet lighting. This game is so addictive!

#6640 3 years ago

Im taking orders on the TNA Pinshield. If interested please visit my Pinside shop.

IMG_8193 (resized).jpgIMG_8193 (resized).jpgIMG_8239 (resized).jpgIMG_8239 (resized).jpg
#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinshield:

Im taking orders on the TNA Pinshield. If interested please visit my Pinside shop.[quoted image][quoted image]

$70?! I knew your normal mats were sub $20 so I was expecting this to be like 30ish. Don’t get me wrong, it looks great but I can’t pull the trigger at that price.

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

$70?! I knew your normal mats were sub $20 so I was expecting this to be like 30ish. Don’t get me wrong, it looks great but I can’t pull the trigger at that price.

I totally understand, I like having a low priced product but with the printing cost and then mailing to me and then off to another pressing shop and then mailing them out again it got more expensive then I thought it was going to be. The printing turned out really nice and I have the option to do full color on the next titles. Thank you for the feedback joelbob

#6643 3 years ago

I challenge anyone to beat this !!!!

F1F2C85C-AB0B-4D31-A004-B78F6651F0E2 (resized).jpegF1F2C85C-AB0B-4D31-A004-B78F6651F0E2 (resized).jpeg
#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I challenge anyone to beat this !!!!

Welcome to the club.
20190823_093322 (resized).jpg20190823_093322 (resized).jpg

#6645 3 years ago

Nice !!! I was in a four ball multiball and it was insane how fast it all happened .

#6647 3 years ago

Now do it on Reactor 2-9!
--Scott

I’m just going to go ahead and say I probably can’t do that .

#6648 3 years ago

Still holding out hope for a speedrun mode that counts all in game time (unlocking and starting the reactor)

#6649 3 years ago

Green and Pink

AE1D0077-9B15-4B32-87C1-2D2D344FA46B (resized).jpegAE1D0077-9B15-4B32-87C1-2D2D344FA46B (resized).jpeg0BD4CD97-68A9-4C5C-93AE-4877D01C9E60 (resized).jpeg0BD4CD97-68A9-4C5C-93AE-4877D01C9E60 (resized).jpeg

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Green and Pink
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think I might give that a try. I have the green installed, and I already have the pink sling and lane guide protectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/133?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.