New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,245 posts
  • 522 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by mackey256
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,161 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-10-19 16.15.13 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.17 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.26 (resized).jpg
2020-10-19 16.09.00 (resized).jpg
TNA CoOp Poster.pdf (resized).png
20201018_151526 (resized).jpg
20201017_160546 (resized).jpg
20201018_183423 (resized).jpg
20201018_183409 (resized).jpg
DSC07509_LI (resized).jpg
1602980346387127906440407067891 (resized).jpg
20201017_132431 (resized).jpg
IMG_1511 (resized).JPEG
20201015_081838 (resized).jpg
Backglass cracks (resized).jpeg
B5101E5C-EDAB-49B8-82CA-48CAF454D2CC (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7245 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 145.
#6501 6 months ago

I love the pink sling and outlane protectors. I would buy a set of the rest of the plastic protectors in pink if you were to cut a set.

#6502 6 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I know these make the plastics look a bit more yellowish during normal game play, but for me, it is worth it for what they do to the lightshows.
Thanks again,
--Scott

What HE said...

No, but if you really want a set, I am sure we can make another set at PBL. The problem is that I would need to have 2 people who want these as when I cut these, they make 2 sets. I cannot stick Terry with an extra set if nobody wants it.
--Scott

Well, I sure don't want 'em. Pink is for sissies.

KIDDING!!!

#6503 6 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I love the pink sling and outlane protectors. I would buy a set of the rest of the plastic protectors in pink if you were to cut a set.

You grab a set, I'll grab a set, bingo bango we've got 2 takers

#6504 6 months ago

thenotrashcougar not trying to be annoying but I’m dying to see a video of the clear drop targets and new ball save LEDs. Any news on that front? I think the lack of pinball news is taking a toll on my sanity...

#6505 6 months ago

I am adjusting the flippers and wondering if there is a key on the playfield graphics to line them up with - the corners of the rectangle at the ball save timer ? Or just try to line them up with the inlane guides?

#6506 6 months ago

Any idea where to find or how to put on the armor lighting kit ? I am hoping to pick TNA soon and love that look but mezel is sold out... thoughts ?

#6507 6 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Any idea where to find or how to put on the armor lighting kit ? I am hoping to pick TNA soon and love that look but mezel is sold out... thoughts ?

You mean this?

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p115/Total-Nuclear-Annihilation-TNA-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod.html

#6509 6 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Do they make a full pink plastic protector set? Call me crazy, but I'm about to have robertstone0407 powerdercoat my armor, legs, speaker grills hot pink to match the pinks in the cab graphics

Post pictures when you get it done !
Would love to see that on the machine

#6510 6 months ago

In previous software versions did the destroy target location change if you're too slow to hit it? I noticed it for the first time after upgrading but I've always been slow to destroy.

Am I supposed to be pushing the machine to one side or the other to prevent the ball from draining? I've tried it but it doesn't feel great for the machine and damn is it heavy. I don't think I've ever destroyed 3 reactors and definitely not 4.

#6511 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

In previous software versions did the destroy target location change if you're too slow to hit it? I noticed it for the first time after upgrading but I've always been slow to destroy.
Am I supposed to be pushing the machine to one side or the other to prevent the ball from draining? I've tried it but it doesn't feel great for the machine and damn is it heavy. I don't think I've ever destroyed 3 reactors and definitely not 4.

Yes, the destroy target does change after it detects a certain number of target hits. You can set this in the settings. I think factory is 20 hits or something.

In regards to your second question, are you talking about slide saves? You can decide for yourself
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/slide-save-cheating-or-just-nudging

#6512 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

Yes, default is 20 non-destroy targets and it will think the switch is broken and move it. There is a setting to adjust this. I added this a while back for operators because 1 broken destroy target could make the game unplayable, now it will recover.

Quoted from procks:

3 reactors is pretty good. TNA is supposed to be a fast game without 45 minute game times. I do move my machine around a bit depending on my mood.

--Scott

#6513 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

If it doesn't feel great then don't

You'll still get a few mm out of leg flex without moving the feet

Never noticed the detroy lights move .... going to have a flip now and sus it out!!

#6514 6 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

If it doesn't feel great then don't
You'll still get a few mm out of leg flex without moving the feet
Never noticed the detroy lights move .... going to have a flip now and sus it out!!

I've started multiballs on Reactor 1 and have had the target move on me. F*ck this game lol

#6515 6 months ago

I guess what I'm really asking is how the hell do you get through 9 reactors? Sometimes I make a mistake and the ball drains but a lot of times it seems like there's nothing I could have done to prevent it. How do you ballers get so far without lady luck taking you out?

#6516 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

I guess what I'm really asking is how the hell do you get through 9 reactors? Sometimes I make a mistake and the ball drains but a lot of times it seems like there's nothing I could have done to prevent it. How do you ballers get so far without lady luck taking you out?

I'm happy when I make it to #3.

#6517 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

When I'm looking for a longer game I'm having quite a bit of fun by starting a 4 person coop game and playing them all myself.

Sure, it's "cheating" but its fun to get to the higher reactors that way.

#6518 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

I've not done it myself. My best was #5 working on #6. With that said, when watching Bowen work through all 9, he will always go for multiball. Doesn't matter what else is happening. When he's in multiball, then he works to progress through qualifying and destroying the reactor. If he's out of multiball, he's working to relight locks and get back into multiball. Sounds easy on paper for sure.

#6519 6 months ago

Anyone free some night soon to try to do some TNA “challenges” against each other? I can set up a zoom call if people are interested. I’m EST so it would probably start around 9pm.

#6520 6 months ago

I am also not a fan of the green protectors but like my pink ones. Multiball looks great in blue with the pink glowing edges. I’ll agree that the green protectors in multiball look great but I don’t like the coloring in regular play which I’m in most of the time. If a pink full set was out I would be in!

#6521 6 months ago

OK, I will make a few pink sets and get them up on Pinball Life's website for you guys to try out. I will post a link here once they are up. Thanks,
--Scott

#6522 6 months ago

I'll also be buying a pink set. Not sure if I'll use it, but I want to experiment

#6523 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

Always be in multiball...it's the only "safe" way to play the game.

#6524 6 months ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Always be in multiball...it's the only "safe" way to play the game.

The best advice I have for anyone wanting to get better is to never shoot the keypad unless you have an active ballsave or multiball running. Just don't shoot it otherwise. Work toward getting a ball save running or a multiball and then progress.

Also, keep in mind that this game is not necessarily about getting through the most reactors, score manipulation is huge here and multiball jackpots can be big. A lot of people I talk to about the game think that going for reactors is the only way to play this game, it is not. The reactors are just a tool to further increase score and other values.

--Scott

#6525 6 months ago

...keep in mind that this game is not necessarily about getting through the most reactors...
--Scott

Lol! Yeah right! You must be new here...

#6526 6 months ago

Work toward getting a ball save running or a multiball and then progress.

Genius... which events initiate a ball save?

#6527 6 months ago

My general strategy that works well is to aim too start multiball for every critical reactor. use multiball to destroy it, and then carry it into the keypad step. If i can manage a scoop that's nice, but multiball is not very useful for the activated reactor phase. use that phase for single ball and relighting locks.

#6528 6 months ago

If anyone is looking for a TNA, we have a clean and well maintained game that has been on route.

Will get pics and full ad up in the future but tossing it to the club thread as a heads up now.

#6529 6 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone is looking for a TNA, we have a clean and well maintained game that has been on route.
Will get pics and full ad up in the future but tossing it to the club thread as a heads up now.

Price?

#6530 6 months ago

from a quick search, it looks like 5500 asking is current market?

Willing to negotiate slightly for a no hassle sale.

#6531 6 months ago
Quoted from procks:

Genius... which events initiate a ball save?

Multiball starts and the inlanes and outlanes once completed.

#6532 6 months ago

My daughters favorite. Can’t beat the light show and the music!

FE727ADC-54A8-428F-A330-A08C254F41B4 (resized).jpeg
#6533 6 months ago

Multiball starts and the inlanes and outlanes once completed.

Speaking of which, can the game call out for each level increase? Sometimes it announces something like 2x lane save, 3x lane save, when you earn it, but then if you lose one and regain it it doesn’t always repeat so it is hard to keep track of how many you have unless you are looking all the time?

Thanks again for the update as I’m enjoying the new code! So far I’ve only had 1 “possible bug” where I drained my last ball of a multiball and it kicked two balls into play for no apparent reason. I didn’t have a ball save running I know of, and not sure why 2 balls might come back either, but don’t know enough other details to try and repeat it. It just seemed unusual so curious if anyone else has reported something like that.

#6534 6 months ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Speaking of which, can the game call out for each level increase? Sometimes it announces something like 2x lane save, 3x lane save, when you earn it, but then if you lose one and regain it it doesn’t always repeat so it is hard to keep track of how many you have unless you are looking all the time?
Thanks again for the update as I’m enjoying the new code! So far I’ve only had 1 “possible bug” where I drained my last ball of a multiball and it kicked two balls into play for no apparent reason. I didn’t have a ball save running I know of, and not sure why 2 balls might come back either, but don’t know enough other details to try and repeat it. It just seemed unusual so curious if anyone else has reported something like that.

That is not a bad idea actually to have the callout again when the level decreases. It already calls out a level increase except when you die in an outlane and that completed your level. The levels are also indicated with colors.
Red = You are working on Level 1, you have no saves built up.
Orange = You are working on Level 2, you have 1 save built up and ready.
Yellow = You are working on Level 3, you have 2 saves built up and ready.
Green = You are working on Level 4, you have 3 saves built up and ready.
Blue = You are working on Level 5, you have 4 saves built up and ready.
Purple = You are working on Level 6, you have 5 saves built up and ready. This is the last level and once you complete it, it will stay purple on 3 of the inserts and have the flashing white one.

When any of these are cashed in, it will go down to it's previous color. I know this can be a little confusing, but it made sense in my head when I built it. Basically, just check for a flashing white insert. That is your key to knowing you have at least 1.

--Scott

#6535 6 months ago

The TNA pink protector sets are ready!

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0166-00

Whoever gets these, can you please take some glamour shots for me? You can kick the LEDs all on to specific colors by using the LED ALL TEST.

Thanks,
--Scott

#6536 6 months ago

That is not a bad idea actually to have the callout again when the level decreases. It already calls out a level increase except when you die in an outlane and that completed your level. The levels are also indicated with colors.
Red = You are working on Level 1, you have no saves built up.
Orange = You are working on Level 2, you have 1 save built up and ready.
Yellow = You are working on Level 3, you have 2 saves built up and ready.
Green = You are working on Level 4, you have 3 saves built up and ready.
Blue = You are working on Level 5, you have 4 saves built up and ready.
Purple = You are working on Level 6, you have 5 saves built up and ready. This is the last level and once you complete it, it will stay purple on 3 of the inserts and have the flashing white one.
When any of these are cashed in, it will go down to it's previous color. I know this can be a little confusing, but it made sense in my head when I built it. Basically, just check for a flashing white insert. That is your key to knowing you have at least 1.
--Scott

I love the logic of ROYGBIV!

#6537 6 months ago

Finally installed the new code yesterday. Wow! I love the new light shows, and the improved arrow flashing during ball locks and when the reactor is critical is perfect!

Thanks!

#6538 6 months ago

After updating I had to disable my shaker motor. I removed one of the weights, had it on low, and it's still too powerful now. My wife gets mad. Before I updated half weight + low was fine.

#6539 6 months ago

As long as the shaker motor is not tilting the machine it's fine, that's what a shaker is suppose to feel like. It's like having a subwoofer in a home theatre, your suppose to feel it.

#6540 6 months ago
Quoted from McSquid:

My wife gets mad. Before I updated half weight + low was fine.

Maybe the shaker isn't the problem?

#6541 6 months ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0166-00
Whoever gets these, can you please take some glamour shots for me? You can kick the LEDs all on to specific colors by using the LED ALL TEST.
Thanks,
--Scott

Thanks! Just ordered a set and also ordered the side rail illumination kit (finally) a couple days ago. At least I can do some TNA upgrades during this time!

#6542 6 months ago

What's the deal, why are people complaining about to much shaker motor. Is it hurting your hands or something. I used to have a earthshaker and that machine shook like hell and people loved it. If your glass vibrates get some antiradle tape.

#6543 6 months ago

Thanks for explaining the outlane colours, I never put the ROYGBIV together before and it was a little confusing without the call outs. But your logic makes perfect sense!

#6544 6 months ago

Thanks,
--Scott

Just grabbed a set. Will get some photos for you as requested! Thanks again!

#6545 6 months ago

Well, since corona lockdown i've not turned a single pinball on until last night (mainly not to annoy my also-locked-in flat-mate (and that most of my machines are broken)).
But, I really wanted to try the new code.

Not sure if Scott the cat is listening, but...and I know from working with people, prototypes and changing things that it's always difficult to keep others happy...but...but... one of perhaps the top 3 best things in TNA was when the track kicked in on pinball launch - it's one of those things that subconsciously draws people in, even people who don't usually like pinball. It was the same for me seeing the original whitewood version and the direction the lights followed when the scoop threw the ball out. These little things (plus the fact it's not a license tie-in) are why I think it is the only game I've got new from box.

When I'm playing now - I actually don't even realise that the track has kicked in - the bass seems to be way down and now all I notice is a whoosh sound which I'd never before. Plunging can sometimes even trigger that sound 3 times as it must be associated with a few different switches. It's sort of....disappointing. Could there be a menu option for this - even if it's not on by default - as it seems strange to reduce the aesthetic of the game because some people have physically faulty machines. Could they not just install a ball eject protector or something

However...aside from that... I love the new vibrancy of the colo(u)rs. And...even though Space Station is my favourite classic - and loved the fact TNA had a green multiball - it does look better in blue. I'm deffo going to get the green protectors - it's just a huge bugger ordering from Pinball Life to the UK.
Also - as others have mentioned - the shaker is much stronger - only really noticeable when the reactor is set to blow - which can be for ages if you're as inaccurate as I am, but I feel the shaker levels feel much better on the small things, like locks and pops.

Overall - a great update, but would it be possible....maybe...to get the music back?
Thanks from (Not so)Great Britain, hope everyone's well over there.

#6546 6 months ago

The colours certainly are fantastic!

I have factory clear protectors... now can't decide if I should go for pink or green ...

#6547 6 months ago

Hi RAZ

I reckon either would look amazing. If I'd have been told there were 2 options (without Scott saying he wasn't a fan of the pink) - I would definitely have gone for pink as there's already loads of pink all over the machine. Just makes sense. But, the odd combination of green/blue sounds more weird and maybe more fun.

Only other machine I've got colours on is spider-man, orange plastics over blue leds behind, it looks awesome, 1000 times better.

#6548 6 months ago

I’m glad people like the colored plastics but I actually returned the green set I had purchased because it made all the grey plastics look yellow. I’m assuming the pink will do something similar.

Is it possible to make plastics that have the centers cut out so that it doesn’t change the main plastic graphics? You really only need the color on the edges. If these are cut with a laser you could cut on outside edge “ring” in green or pink and then cut the centers in clear and glue the two together. Complex but wouldn’t change the grey color pallet.

#6549 6 months ago
Quoted from yyyyyikes:

Well, since corona lockdown i've not turned a single pinball on until last night (mainly not to annoy my also-locked-in flat-mate (and that most of my machines are broken)).
But, I really wanted to try the new code.
Not sure if Scott the cat is listening, but...and I know from working with people, prototypes and changing things that it's always difficult to keep others happy...but...but... one of perhaps the top 3 best things in TNA was when the track kicked in on pinball launch - it's one of those things that subconsciously draws people in, even people who don't usually like pinball. It was the same for me seeing the original whitewood version and the direction the lights followed when the scoop threw the ball out. These little things (plus the fact it's not a license tie-in) are why I think it is the only game I've got new from box.
When I'm playing now - I actually don't even realise that the track has kicked in - the bass seems to be way down and now all I notice is a whoosh sound which I'd never before. Plunging can sometimes even trigger that sound 3 times as it must be associated with a few different switches. It's sort of....disappointing. Could there be a menu option for this - even if it's not on by default - as it seems strange to reduce the aesthetic of the game because some people have physically faulty machines. Could they not just install a ball eject protector or something
However...aside from that... I love the new vibrancy of the colo(u)rs. And...even though Space Station is my favourite classic - and loved the fact TNA had a green multiball - it does look better in blue. I'm deffo going to get the green protectors - it's just a huge bugger ordering from Pinball Life to the UK.
Also - as others have mentioned - the shaker is much stronger - only really noticeable when the reactor is set to blow - which can be for ages if you're as inaccurate as I am, but I feel the shaker levels feel much better on the small things, like locks and pops.
Overall - a great update, but would it be possible....maybe...to get the music back?
Thanks from (Not so)Great Britain, hope everyone's well over there.

Hey there! Thank you for the kind words! As for the music, I am not sure what you mean that it is not working properly or has been toned down. I definitely did not tone down anything for this version. Can you give me more detail on what may be happening? Maybe a video showing what is going on? Thank you!
--Scott

#6550 6 months ago

Ah yeah Joel, I saw your rubbers work-around which looks really good actually. Think I'll still give it a go mainly cos i'm a sucker for any kind of mod.
But yes, ideally you'd cut the shape of the plastics in see-through and a trip in green. Just looking at my machine now, I've noticed that there's broken plastics in there - b*****r!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Fort Collins, CO
7,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 7245 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside