(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 239.
#6451 4 years ago

I streamed the new code last night for the first time and think I ran across a possible multiball start bug. I clipped it here so you can check it out and see what you think. When I locked my second ball it automatically went into multiball. Then it lost track of how many balls were in play once I drained a couple balls and ended my turn. Also, I love the changes to the light shows! Thanks again Scott for this awesome game.

https://www.twitch.tv/probethestreets/clip/MoldySpineyBottleHeyGirl?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

On a side note....Twitch sure has a strange way of naming links. lol

#6452 4 years ago

Three photos of my TNA
(1) Ball 1 zero points
(2) After Booting
(3) Boot-up
Do I have a bad board or cable not seated good. Any idea or help thanks.

TNABall1zeropoints (resized).jpgTNABall1zeropoints (resized).jpgTBAbeforegamestart (resized).jpgTBAbeforegamestart (resized).jpgTNAbootup (resized).jpgTNAbootup (resized).jpg
#6453 4 years ago

I would start by reseating all of your connections. That is easy to do. Then see what happens.

#6454 4 years ago

I just reseated all connections on board for the rector lights #2,3,9,5 6 and 5. That did the trick now to hot glue them.
Thanks for your input kidchrisso

15867163987678637661981995013380 (resized).jpg15867163987678637661981995013380 (resized).jpg
#6455 4 years ago

Oh yeah now I can see the light show. Not complaining about the shaker. After all it is a rector blowing up.

#6456 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I streamed the new code last night for the first time and think I ran across a possible multiball start bug. I clipped it here so you can check it out and see what you think. When I locked my second ball it automatically went into multiball. Then it lost track of how many balls were in play once I drained a couple balls and ended my turn. Also, I love the changes to the light shows! Thanks again Scott for this awesome game.
https://www.twitch.tv/probethestreets/clip/MoldySpineyBottleHeyGirl?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time
On a side note....Twitch sure has a strange way of naming links. lol

Thank you for clipping that for me! You have a glitchy opto. Need to figure out which one it is in the lock and re-seat (and hot glue) or repin the .156 connector from the opto to the opto power board. I can see the lock think it dropped the ball out because the opto shut off. The code was also in the middle of a ball lock procedure when this happened, so you actually did find a race condition where the system can lose track of the balls! This is super rare though and I will address it in the backend. Other than that, the code did what it could to recover from the lock drop. Thank you again for that.
--Scott

#6457 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you for clipping that for me! You have a glitchy opto. Need to figure out which one it is in the lock and re-seat (and hot glue) or repin the .156 connector from the opto to the opto power board. I can see the lock think it dropped the ball out because the opto shut off. The code was also in the middle of a ball lock procedure when this happened, so you actually did find a race condition where the system can lose track of the balls! This is super rare though and I will address it in the backend. Other than that, the code did what it could to recover from the lock drop. Thank you again for that.
--Scott

I’ll be sure to check out my opto connections tomorrow. Thanks, Scott!

P.S. great additions to the mystery award list.

#6458 4 years ago

Love the update! All the new light stuff is awesome.

Has the music been remixed at all, or is it just in my head? I swear a few tracks sound a little different.

#6459 4 years ago

been away for a bit so just got the 1.4.0 update on, low shaker is perfect for me, gf loves the teal multiball GI color (just clear protectors on mine)

great work as usual, thanks Scott.

#6460 4 years ago

Scott Danesi is Lionman!!!

#6461 4 years ago

Beta is awesome...except my very small request to add a setting for randomizing the reactor tracks is still MIA. Or at least an option to randomize reactors 2-8?...leaving "Beepgate" for 1 and "Last Mission" intact for 9. *I'm assuming "Last Mission" is the track for 9....because I suck.

A default setting of "no" leaves the game as is for the purists..."yes" for those of us that like to shake things up!

#6462 4 years ago

New code always gets me psyched to play. New PB for me on the 1.4 code. Stock settings except I changed multiball to teal.
IMG_20200413_184041 (resized).jpgIMG_20200413_184041 (resized).jpg

#6463 4 years ago

Could we get a lower than LOW shaker setting? Just got the game and loaded 1.4.0 on it. The game sounds like its going to fall apart on LOW I wouldn't mind a bit lower. The glass and everything rattling scares the shit out of my kids LOL. Great game though, really digging it so far!

#6464 4 years ago

The old code had a small amount of shaker after reactor heated up(a low constant rumble.) Then lots of shaker when reactor is destroyed. The new code seems like there is no difference between the two. Is that normal or is something wrong with my shaker?

#6465 4 years ago

Is this a new feature or did I just not notice it before: I was on the 4th reactor & only one orbit at a time would lite to let you into the reactor area - switch hits would make it alternate. If you hit the unlit orbit, it would loop...the gates wouldn’t stop it.

I thought this was such a fun rule to ramp up reactor difficulty...I feel like I would have noticed if this was there before.

#6466 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this a new feature or did I just not notice it before: I was on the 4th reactor & only one orbit at a time would lite to let you into the reactor area - switch hits would make it alternate. If you hit the unlit orbit, it would loop...the gates wouldn’t stop it.
I thought this was such a fun rule to ramp up reactor difficulty...I feel like I would have noticed if this was there before.

I am pretty sure that is the same as the old code.

#6467 4 years ago

That was in the old code. I remember playing the prototype at TPF and all the reactors were that way. I believe Scott changed it on the production games to start at the 4th to make it a bit easier

#6468 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

I am pretty sure that is the same as the old code.

The previous owner must have changed some settings which got reset when I ran the new update. Dang, I was missing out.

#6469 4 years ago

My shaker is set to normal and I don't think it's really that bad. Not as bad as some of you are making it out to be? Idk. When I destroy a reactor, I think the shaker behaves like you would expect it to behave when a reactor explodes. It should be violent and big and Holy shit!

Here's at least one vote for "The shaker is great".

#6470 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My shaker is set to normal and I don't think it's really that bad. Not as bad as some of you are making it out to be? Idk. When I destroy a reactor, I think the shaker behaves like you would expect it to behave when a reactor explodes. It should be violent and big and Holy shit!
Here's at least one vote for "The shaker is great".

I have shakers in multiple games, and I can't remember my wife ever commenting or acknowledging a shaker until this 1.4 update. Without prompting she commented how the shaker was really cool. So that's another vote for liking it! I didn't change any settings after the update, so I don't know what it's currently set to.

#6471 4 years ago

For those that say the shaker is good, how much does your game rattle? My glass rattles like crazy. Louder than the music!

#6472 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

For those that say the shaker is good, how much does your game rattle? My glass rattles like crazy. Louder than the music!

The game rattles for sure. I have electrical tape on my glass to keep it from rattling when the bass hits, so I don't notice the glass much. The glass is pretty snug in my game.

#6473 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The game rattles for sure. I have electrical tape on my glass to keep it from rattling when the bass hits, so I don't notice the glass much. The glass is pretty snug in my game.

Mine also rattles like crazy, mostly from bass and not the shaker. Electrical tape didn't help much, but this tape did: https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Harness-Wrapping-Adhesive-Damping/dp/B07Y9VTPTF

#6474 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Mine also rattles like crazy, mostly from bass and not the shaker. Electrical tape didn't help much, but this tape did: amazon.com link »

Thanks, did you wrap the edges of the glass?

#6475 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar v1.4.0 playing a coop game with Annihilation After Reactor set to 1 will reboot the game after defeating the reactor. Playing in single player or multiplayer will just quit the game back to the attract screen. No reboot. Not sure if that's supposed to work that way or not. (I can provide video if needed)

It would be sweet if you gave user the ability to enable and disable mystery awards in the menu. Sort of like a cheat menu. Tilt next player and warp to reactor 9 would be fun with friends.

#6476 4 years ago

Installed the update last night, now exploring. Liking what I see. Were there any changes to the music at all, seems like different parts of it are more clear or louder. Overall volume went back to factory setting. I did not notice any changes in the shaker, but I got my TNA factory fresh (NIB - Never In Box) so my shaker was always on factory settings.

Flipper collapse - Noticed the left flipper sometimes dropping, sometimes collapsing when hit by the ball. Searched on "flipper collapse" and found a person who had a wire come off a flipper coil lug. Just wanted to say i had the exact same problem, re-soldered and everything is fine. Wanted to mention this so it can easily be searched. The Stern Batman pro that I service in a field location drops flipper coil wires like the hairs falling out of my head, so for TNA, not a problem to worry about, just be aware.

Damn, the wife and I love this game. Been collecting over 30 years and this game is great. LIONMAN!

Don C

#6477 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I finally got around to looking back at the mod/upgrade post and saw the LCD upgrade. It looked pretty significant, but the ebay link now points to something that's $500. Is it still possible to get the parts for $100 as was the case about a year ago? Does anyone have a current source to do this upgrade?

Search ebay for the same model number screen and you should find some for cheaper. Something such as this:
ebay.com link: LG LP156WF1 TLB2 15 6 FULL HD LAPTOP SCREEN

The controller unit is still available:
ebay.com link: NT68676 HDMI DVI VGA LCD Controller Board for 15 6 1920X1080 LP156WF1 TLB2

#6478 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Thanks, did you wrap the edges of the glass?

Yep, up both sides of the glass. It's worth trying electric tape if you have some lying around, in my situation it did very little but it seems to work well for most.

#6479 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

When the shaker goes off I feel like the game creates its own wind lol. I love it.

#6480 4 years ago

I remember my earthshaker pinball vibrated alot, that what makes it fun

#6481 4 years ago

Thanks to the posted videos, I determined that my GI Drops and Ball Lock Leds were miswired and swapped from the factory. (112<>68, 110<>67,111<>66). This document was extremely useful to troubleshoot and understand https://images.pinside.com/7/f1/97/7f19776d6555bf6d86815750651d6ebeabc859d8.pdf.
The animations make much more sense now.

TheNoTrashCougar
- 'Added ability to hold down up and down buttons in service mode to scroll automatically' does not appear to work.

#6482 4 years ago
Quoted from alexred:

thenotrashcougar
- 'Added ability to hold down up and down buttons in service mode to scroll automatically' does not appear to work.

I have found this as well

#6483 4 years ago

For those who think the shaker is too intense: I removed one of the two shaker weights a while ago. Its still plenty strong but gave me a "lower than low" option.

#6484 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you dont have the green plastic protectors, you're missing out on the blue GI during multiball.

So, I want to thank you for this. And you should be getting a kickback from Pinball Life for making people like me buy it based on a one sentence review. I'm not a real big colored plastic protector kind of guy, and I was pretty skeptical about it. But oh....my...God is my game transformed with the green protectors. And you're right...the blue GI of multiball coupled with the glowing green plastics is simply awesome.

So thanks again. With all the purple and green my game has now, it's a game the Joker or Hulk would be proud to own.

#6485 4 years ago

Version 1.4.0.B8 Beta

Setting Mystery Tilt Warning Award -> OFF

Causes my game to reboot upon pressing the start button. No other settings have been altered. A factory reset or changing the setting to something other than OFF resolves the issue.

#6486 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So, I want to thank you for this. And you should be getting a kickback from Pinball Life for making people like me buy it based on a one sentence review. I'm not a real big colored plastic protector kind of guy, and I was pretty skeptical about it. But oh....my...God is my game transformed with the green protectors. And you're right...the blue GI of multiball coupled with the glowing green plastics is simply awesome.
So thanks again. With all the purple and green my game has now, it's a game the Joker or Hulk would be proud to own.

All I see are the pink ones on pinballlife? Maybe they sold out.

#6487 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The blue multiball looks real good with the lower pink protectors too.

#6488 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Yep. Must've. They literally were there around three hours ago. I'm telling you... FatPanda should get a kickback.

Quoted from AndHart120:

The blue multiball looks real good with the lower pink protectors too.

I'm sure. The pink matches the machine better. But what I like about the green is that it stands out from the rest of the color scheme and seems more...reactor-meltdownyish. It really pops. I really had no idea what I was missing.

#6489 4 years ago

You're welcome

I saw it first at the Pinball Life openhouse this last time that Terry had it. Scott was there and he told us about the blue GI with the green protectors and when I got a chance to play a game and saw the effect, we ran to the back to buy the last set that they had. So Scott did his job selling it to me

They will have more in stock. They just need to cut some more sets.

#6490 4 years ago

I just installed the green protectors. With the Mirror blades its amazing how the light bounces off them. Pictures dont do them justice.

#6491 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You're welcome
I saw it first at the Pinball Life openhouse this last time that Terry had it. Scott was there and he told us about the blue GI with the green protectors and when I got a chance to play a game and saw the effect, we ran to the back to buy the last set that they had. So Scott did his job selling it to me
They will have more in stock. They just need to cut some more sets.

Scott seen my game 10 months ago, like them and the rest is history.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/110#post-5054692

#6492 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Florescent green, put them in your wishlist.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0112-00

#6493 4 years ago

Not trying to be the odd one out here but I didn’t like the green plastic protectors as it made all the grey artwork look yellow.

What I did like was how the green looked with the blue multiball light show so I ended up swapping all my clear rubbers for Glow in the dark rubbers from Titan. This gave me the same awesome green and blue effect without changing the color of the plastics art.

EBBE688B-CF84-4644-BF91-19B65CBECCF8 (resized).jpegEBBE688B-CF84-4644-BF91-19B65CBECCF8 (resized).jpeg
#6494 4 years ago

Hey Everyone! I will look into these game issues and report back. I will probably need to release a v1.4.1 to correct some of these items, but no big deal. If any of you that had a crash happen on your game could send me the LOG file and DAT files from your game, that would help me greatly.
To get these files, just stick a blank USB drive into your game and power it on, it will dump the logs to the USB for me.

Thank you!

--Scott

#6495 4 years ago

Yep, these are temporarily out of stock, but should be back in a couple days. I know these make the plastics look a bit more yellowish during normal game play, but for me, it is worth it for what they do to the lightshows.

Thanks again,
--Scott

#6496 4 years ago

Do they make a full pink plastic protector set? Call me crazy, but I'm about to have Robertstone0407 powerdercoat my armor, legs, speaker grills hot pink to match the pinks in the cab graphics

#6497 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Do they make a full pink plastic protector set? Call me crazy, but I'm about to have robertstone0407 powerdercoat my armor, legs, speaker grills hot pink to match the pinks in the cab graphics

You're crazy. There I said it.

#6498 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Do they make a full pink plastic protector set? Call me crazy, but I'm about to have robertstone0407 powerdercoat my armor, legs, speaker grills hot pink to match the pinks in the cab graphics

I made 2 sets of these once, but the pink does not interact with the lights as well as the green does.

#6499 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar - do you still have those sets by chance?

#6500 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

thenotrashcougar - do you still have those sets by chance?

No, but if you really want a set, I am sure we can make another set at PBL. The problem is that I would need to have 2 people who want these as when I cut these, they make 2 sets. I cannot stick Terry with an extra set if nobody wants it.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/130?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.