(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 239.
#6401 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Loving that TNA code is getting some love lately! Question, if I install the beta code will I lose my audits?

Yes you will. It is going to factory reset the game.

#6402 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yes you will. It is going to factory reset the game.

it does save the audits to the usb so you do have them, just not on the machine.

#6403 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

it does save the audits to the usb so you do have them, just not on the machine.

It will backup all the audits to the USB. Yes.

#6404 4 years ago

So far I have heard no reports of anything wrong with the latest beta! I guess that means I should make a new awesome attract lightshow, add it in, and make a Production release of this version!
--Scott

#6405 4 years ago

So far I have heard no reports of anything wrong with the latest beta! I guess that means I should make a new awesome attract lightshow, add it in, and make a Production release of this version!
--Scott

Do it! YUP

#6406 4 years ago

--Scott

Ressetting start button on coin play issue no longer happening!. The playfield beacon in attract mode is pretty cool! .

Love the Red/White destroy lights! ... My mate was here playing earlier in the week, asked me what he was meant to be shooting for when just the left destroy target was lit and he wasn't picking it up. The flickering red in there highlights it much better!. I would say it oscillates quite rapidly, almost appears pink ... I wonder if it would be more emphasised if the Red/White blink was a little less rapid? (like about half the frequency or something, so the player can distinctly notice the Red then White?)

Keep up the great work!

#6407 4 years ago

Was playing Alien breed 2 by team 17 for the commodore Amiga and the voice of the lady sounds very familiar to the lady voice on TNA, they even say the same quotes like sequence initiated. I thought that was very interesting

#6408 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Was playing Alien breed 2 by team 17 for the commodore Amiga and the voice of the lady sounds very familiar to the lady voice on TNA, they even say the same quotes like sequence initiated. I thought that was very interesting

Amiga: Human voice Digitised.

TNA: Digital voice Humanised.

They meet in the middle

#6409 4 years ago

--Scott

Fn hell yes

#6410 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

1. I like how the new reactor shot flashes between white and red. I like that much more than when it was just flashing white.
2. I do like the new lock light animation but the flashing white might be better if it either just pulsed green instead of white, or alternated between green and white.

I agree with #1. The white and red is a nice improvement in showing what needs to be hit.

#2, I kinda like the white flash, but it is a bit fast for my taste. To me, it looks like an inadvertent white flicker rather than an intentional indicator.

I do still get occasional double slingshot hits with b8, and my switches are gapped probably ~0.7 mm when at rest. It's certainly not a show stopper; only a bit distracting.

#6411 4 years ago

One of the main things that I learned on this game is that it is very hard to change something minor that we are all used to and have it look good. Updated lightshows or music can look and sound out of place if it is not what we have been seeing and hearing for a long time. Quite interesting. I have found if I make small improvements to these things, I can sometimes slip them in there without too many noticing, which is a win. I am still having a great time with this game and so happy to see all the enthusiasm is still here!

Thank you guys and gals!

I will post up when the final production build is ready!

--Scott

#6412 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I agree with #1. The white and red is a nice improvement in showing what needs to be hit.
#2, I kinda like the white flash, but it is a bit fast for my taste. To me, it looks like an inadvertent white flicker rather than an intentional indicator.
I do still get occasional double slingshot hits with b8, and my switches are gapped probably ~0.7 mm when at rest. It's certainly not a show stopper; only a bit distracting.

As for the double slingshot hit, that is definitely a physical thing happening here as it does not happen on my machine and I would be getting a flood of people bringing this up to me if it were a code thing. I could solve this in code, but it would not be good to increase the debounce on these switches because a quick back and forth with the ball between slings could potentially get "missed". Hope that makes sense.
--Scott

#6413 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar the only thing ive noticed on the new code is like others said. shaker in low mode seems non existent on ball lock. Its my only complaint. Thanks for continuing to support the game. Its my only machine and gets played daily.

#6414 4 years ago

One of the main things that I learned on this game is that it is very hard to change something minor that we are all used to and have it look good. Updated lightshows or music can look and sound out of place if it is not what we have been seeing and hearing for a long time. Quite interesting. I have found if I make small improvements to these things, I can sometimes slip them in there without too many noticing, which is a win. I am still having a great time with this game and so happy to see all the enthusiasm is still here!
Thank you guys and gals!
I will post up when the final production build is ready!
--Scott

Feel free to add as many light shows as you want! You are a master with the LEDs.

#6415 4 years ago

--Scott

Scott appreciate the quick fixes to your beta updates. A couple things I noticed

1. My shaker motor settings are now working better. The “normal” setting is still way too strong but when I go to “low” it is acting like the older settings at normal.

2. Attract beacon settings don’t seem to work for me. If it’s ON or OFF the beacon doesn’t do anything in attract mode. I have set it to ON and power cycled the game but this does nothing.

3. Love the new light display for the destroy targets!

#6416 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

thenotrashcougar the only thing ive noticed on the new code is like others said. shaker in low mode seems non existent on ball lock. Its my only complaint. Thanks for continuing to support the game. Its my only machine and gets played daily.

OK, I can up this a bit more. My machine, it works and is supposed to rock the machine a bit, which is what I was going for.

Quoted from Pmaino:

Scott appreciate the quick fixes to your beta updates. A couple things I noticed
1. My shaker motor settings are now working better. The “normal” setting is still way too strong but when I go to “low” it is acting like the older settings at normal.
2. Attract beacon settings don’t seem to work for me. If it’s ON or OFF the beacon doesn’t do anything in attract mode. I have set it to ON and power cycled the game but this does nothing.
3. Love the new light display for the destroy targets!

I upped the shaker on low slightly, but it is still pretty good. It is tough to get this right as everyone has a different preference for how much and when a shaker should activate. Not everyone is going to be happy with it unfortunately. But 2 options are better than on and off in my opinion.

As for the attract beacon, does your beacon work in gameplay? The delay is pretty long in between cycles, so let the game sit for a bit and the beacon will activate. If you let it sit for 10 minutes and no beacon, then the beacon is probably not working. I just tested again on my machine and it is working as expected.

Thanks guys!
--Scott

#6417 4 years ago

OK, for the beacon, to make this easier, I made the beacon loop (if attract enabled) start immediately once attract mode is enabled. This way right at game over the beacon will start. I am going to give this a few test games to make sure it is not super annoying.
--Scott

EDIT: Yeah, I like this better.

#6418 4 years ago

i was thinking maybe when you're in the settings and set it to ON it does a quick cycle of it then. not sure if possible, but a thought.

#6419 4 years ago

Here it is guys and gals!
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=3643
TA Main7 - 1.4.0 Release (resized).jpgTA Main7 - 1.4.0 Release (resized).jpg

#6420 4 years ago

OK, I can up this a bit more. My machine, it works and is supposed to rock the machine a bit, which is what I was going for.

I upped the shaker on low slightly, but it is still pretty good. It is tough to get this right as everyone has a different preference for how much and when a shaker should activate. Not everyone is going to be happy with it unfortunately. But 2 options are better than on and off in my opinion.
As for the attract beacon, does your beacon work in gameplay? The delay is pretty long in between cycles, so let the game sit for a bit and the beacon will activate. If you let it sit for 10 minutes and no beacon, then the beacon is probably not working. I just tested again on my machine and it is working as expected.
Thanks guys!
--Scott

Yes the beacon works during game play. Will download the 1.4 code and let you know.

#6421 4 years ago

That lights out blue GI going on in multiball is INCREDIBLE,,,fuckin A! I want to see more of that kind of light show as you progress trying to destroying the reactors. Make them all different for each level. You can do it Scott!!!!! Don't stop now...

Thank you for keeping this one on the tracks!

Kidchrisso

....to think I was going to sell this off a month ago...NOPE

#6422 4 years ago

--Scott

The more shaker the better!- When a reactor is destroyed, I want everyone in the house to feel it!

Thanks For the update Scott!

#6423 4 years ago

I finally got around to looking back at the mod/upgrade post and saw the LCD upgrade. It looked pretty significant, but the ebay link now points to something that's $500. Is it still possible to get the parts for $100 as was the case about a year ago? Does anyone have a current source to do this upgrade?

#6424 4 years ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

The more shaker the better!- When a reactor is destroyed, I want everyone in the house to feel it!
Thanks For the update Scott!

Agreed on the more shaker power but now My normal and low are both pretty intense again after I updated to 1.4. Curious if anyone else is having this issue.

On a side note the beacon works in attract more now.

#6425 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Agreed on the more shaker power but now My normal and low are both pretty intense again after I updated to 1.4. Curious if anyone else is having this issue.
On a side note the beacon works in attract more now.

Yeah my low is now more powerful then regular during the time when the reactor is primed. Sorry Scott, can you turn it back down? I was wrong, id prefer almost no shaker on low to overpowered.

#6426 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I got my Cliffy installed. It was pretty straightforward to install, you have to totally pull off the scoop mech to get the clip under, but that's not really a big deal. Overall I don't think it made the scoop much harder to hit, it actually does make it easier to get the ball into the reactor though. Conversely it also makes it easier for the ball to roll over the scoop and not go in when coming out of the reactor.
I only played a couple of games with it on, so I'll provide more thorough feedback once I have a few dozen games with it on.[quoted image]

Did you contact Cliff directly? I don't see TNA on his site. Thanks.

My scoop hole is starting to get beat up, but I'm afraid it's going to make the scoop shot even more difficult!

#6427 4 years ago

Just discovered the game over you win new option for mystery awards. Is that actually achievable?

#6428 4 years ago

Just discovered the game over you win new option for mystery awards. Is that actually achievable?

No. There are many fake mystery awards. I mean.... YEAH and you can also get 42 extra balls!

#6429 4 years ago

Yeah my low is now more powerful then regular during the time when the reactor is primed. Sorry Scott, can you turn it back down? I was wrong, id prefer almost no shaker on low to overpowered.

Yes it’s the exact same for me.

#6430 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

No. There are many fake mystery awards. I mean.... YEAH and you can also get 42 extra balls!

There's also "Save the Princess" or "Super Ramps!" Pmsl

#6431 4 years ago

So what mods or sound upgrade should be done to make this game rock more, any tech notices I should fix?

Also I am on 1.1.0 and when I grab a fat32 it won’t do anything with 1.4 code on it - am I missing something?

#6432 4 years ago

I love the ability to change the multiball GI color. Would love to see more colors added there, pink, light purple, etc. You could even randomize it so during the game it picks different colors by itself. It also makes me think that a cool idea would be to have themes. So you pick a color theme/scheme from the menu and it auto selects a blend of colors for the inserts and GI for multiball/regular play etc. Just spitballin.....loving the game still.

#6433 4 years ago

Installed this morning - TheNoTrashCougar a fantastic update ! Really positive, game feels a little
more snappy and more responsive, love all the changes! Thank you for continuing to add to what is already one of the best games out there!

#6434 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I love the ability to change the multiball GI color. Would love to see more colors added there, pink, light purple, etc. You could even randomize it so during the game it picks different colors by itself. It also makes me think that a cool idea would be to have themes. So you pick a color theme/scheme from the menu and it auto selects a blend of colors for the inserts and GI for multiball/regular play etc. Just spitballin.....loving the game still.

If you dont have the green plastic protectors, you're missing out on the blue GI during multiball.

#6435 4 years ago
Quoted from Spudgunman:

So what mods or sound upgrade should be done to make this game rock more, any tech notices I should fix?
Also I am on 1.1.0 and when I grab a fat32 it won’t do anything with 1.4 code on it - am I missing something?

Are you using at least an 8GB stick?

#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you dont have the green plastic protectors, you're missing out on the blue GI during multiball.

What really looks incredible is the Blue GI multiball with Glow in the dark Titan Rubbers installed throughout the game. The light shows in this game really can’t be beat.

#6437 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Did you contact Cliff directly? I don't see TNA on his site. Thanks.
My scoop hole is starting to get beat up, but I'm afraid it's going to make the scoop shot even more difficult!

It's under the WIP section of his site (https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm) . Shoot him an email and he can send ya one!

#6438 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Are you using at least an 8GB stick?

yup some generic one

#6439 4 years ago

Thanks for the update @thenotrashcougar! I’m loving the new lighting combinations and the number of warnings on the LCD.

Also just wanted to add my +1 to agree with those saying that the shaker motor low setting is now way too intense. I’d love to see Normal be what matches your vision for it shaking the whole house and low being like it was before.

Ran into one weird audio thing today. I destroyed a reactor and tilted out (mostly due to shaker motor) and ended up with a high score. While entering my initials I heard “locks are lit”. Not a big deal but maybe delayed audio call outs should be cut after end of game.

#6440 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Thanks for the update thenotrashcougar! I’m loving the new lighting combinations and the number of warnings on the LCD.
Also just wanted to add my +1 to agree with those saying that the shaker motor low setting is now way too intense. I’d love to see Normal be what matches your vision for it shaking the whole house and low being like it was before.
Ran into one weird audio thing today. I destroyed a reactor and tilted out (mostly due to shaker motor) and ended up with a high score. While entering my initials I heard “locks are lit”. Not a big deal but maybe delayed audio call outs should be cut after end of game.

Yea this happened to me today a few times. Shaker motor on Low destroyed a reactor and the shaking was so intense it tilted me. Have to turn my shaker off now to play the game. Hopefully TheNoTrashCougar can turn the low setting back to the way it was before with a quick tweak to the 1.4 code.

#6441 4 years ago

Just installed the new update. Didn't change anything in my settings, just played after the update.
I managed to blow up 3 reactors before dying in my first game.
Definitely noticed the shaker is a bit "more" than it was, but really, not too much more.
I thought it was fine, and my machine did not tilt.
I'll play a bit more and see if I notice any strange behavior.

Definitely love the new light shows and the flashing targets.

#6442 4 years ago

Streamed new code yesterday. Love the new light shows and clear indicators. MB looks great with the green protectors. I still suck at this game. I cut out a three reactor game.

#6443 4 years ago

I will see what I can do about the shaker motor and release a 1.4.1 update as soon as I get a chance. Shakers are a tough thing to get right, since everyone prefers a different thing. I always end up releasing a vX.X.1 since there are little things people notice after the beta updates.
--Scott

#6444 4 years ago

I noticed a bug, the changelog says it's still April 2019...if only we could all choose what year it is

#6445 4 years ago

I have something weird occuring with the secret skillshot.

Twice now it has happened, Ball 1 first plunge (without delay), around the loop dead bounce from left to right and flick full toss into the lock. Most times this awards me Secret Skill Shot, but the second time now I have been awarded "Lock Quickshot" or something, for much less. I have collected this before as well, by plunging ahead on an autolaunch deadbounce and right flip only once into lock.

Just seem to be getting ripped off the Secret skillshot now and then from game start, for unknown reason.

Those Destroy lights are now a Real Highlight!

Cheers

#6446 4 years ago

New updates are great! Finally got to hear the lion man callout. 2 yrs and I never knew that existed lol....have you ever thought of syncing up different aspects of the light show with the individual drum/synth sounds? The new lock lights that pulse are awesome, but the drummer in me was really wanting them to coincide with the bass drum hits on the downbeat. Really cool visual cue that ties your brain to the music and lock shot. Fast break does something similar with the match sequence at the end game. Each set of lights syncs up with a different instrument and pulses in rhythm with the music. Just some ideas....Great work! Seriously needs to be nominated again this year for best light show.

#6447 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I have something weird occuring with the secret skillshot.
Twice now it has happened, Ball 1 first plunge (without delay), around the loop dead bounce from left to right and flick full toss into the lock. Most times this awards me Secret Skill Shot, but the second time now I have been awarded "Lock Quickshot" or something, for much less. I have collected this before as well, by plunging ahead on an autolaunch deadbounce and right flip only once into lock.
Just seem to be getting ripped off the Secret skillshot now and then from game start, for unknown reason.
Those Destroy lights are now a Real Highlight!
Cheers

I believe you can only get the secret skillshot once per ball.

#6448 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I believe you can only get the secret skillshot once per ball.

Ball one, new game, score zero.

#6449 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Ball one, new game, score zero.

Sorry, I misread your post. When you said "second time," I thought you meant on that ball.

It might be possible you have a sensitive switch somewhere that is getting triggered, causing the skill shot to not be awarded.

#6450 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Sorry, I misread your post. When you said "second time," I thought you meant on that ball.
It might be possible you have a sensitive switch somewhere that is getting triggered, causing the skill shot to not be awarded.

This is what is most likely going on. The secret skillshot is deactivated by a number of other switches. Put your game in switxh test and hit your fist on the playfield a few times to find the culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/129?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.