(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 239.
#6301 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

It happened to me too. No biggie, put it back together and put some locktight on the threads and you'll be set.

I got it on there good now with one less washer pair so that the locking nut has something to lock to. It wasn’t that bad but it is really hard to get my hands in a way to get everything put back on

2 weeks later
#6302 4 years ago

Anyone know how to attach videos? I don’t see any option for it and really want to show this “dirty pool” shot to Scott. Want to see if it could be added to the rules in an update. Seems to happen somewhat frequently for me but basically on the last shot to start multiball you ricochet the first ball to the flipper into the last ball that drops from the lock, knocking it into the scoop. Hard to explain, but be super cool to get some sort of bonus or dirty pool callout. Saves you from having to knock all three targets down to get to 4 ball multi. Anyone else ever see this happen? I have video, just can’t figure out how to share it

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone know how to attach videos? I don’t see any option for it and really want to show this “dirty pool” shot to Scott. Want to see if it could be added to the rules in an update. Seems to happen somewhat frequently for me but basically on the last shot to start multiball you ricochet the first ball to the flipper into the last ball that drops from the lock, knocking it into the scoop. Hard to explain, but be super cool to get some sort of bonus or dirty pool callout. Saves you from having to knock all three targets down to get to 4 ball multi. Anyone else ever see this happen? I have video, just can’t figure out how to share it

Simplest is probably to upload to YouTube and then I believe you can embed (or at least link) that video here.

#6307 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing, I have never done that. Had to go back and knock down all targets. You made it look simple to do. Then I remember you said it happens frequently.

#6308 4 years ago

Hey Guys,
People do that "Dirty Pool" shot all the time! It gives you the add-a-ball immediately when that happens for a 4x playfield multiplier and 4 balls in play. There is a split second where the drops remain down where you can shoot one back in there. You should always go for it!

Thanks for sharing the cool video!

--Scott

#6309 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Guys,
People do that "Dirty Pool" shot all the time! It gives you the add-a-ball immediately when that happens for a 4x playfield multiplier and 4 balls in play. There is a split second where the drops remain down where you can shoot one back in there. You should always go for it!
Thanks for sharing the cool video!
--Scott

Can you make it yell “LIONMAN” if you hit it That would be hilarious

#6310 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

No (licensing) but YOU can yell it when you hit the shot

#6311 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

No (licensing) but YOU can yell it when you hit the shot

TNA already yells out "Lionman!" so I don't see how licencing has anything to do with it. The sound file is already in the game...

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

TNA already yells out "Lionman!" so I don't see how licencing has anything to do with it. The sound file is already in the game...

Where/When? I’ve never heard it.

#6313 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Where/When? I’ve never heard it.

Next time you get a high score put DOUG as your name .

#6314 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Not a bad idea at all. There are no licensing issues on this as the sound recording that is in the game is actually my good friend Doug yelling it. I might just throw this in there as an added bonus.
--Scott

#6315 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Try HILTON also

Side note, I always try different friends names on R&M, but no eastereggs I have found yet.

#6316 4 years ago

Probably already a known bug but if you restart a game when in the destroy reactor phase with the shaker motor running the shaker continues to run in the new game. Hope that makes sense. 99% sure I have the latest official code from march last year.

#6317 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Probably already a known bug but if you restart a game when in the destroy reactor phase with the shaker motor running the shaker continues to run in the new game. Hope that makes sense. 99% sure I have the latest official code from march last year.

Yeah, that restart game function needs some work. I am adding it to my list. Thank you,
--Scott

#6318 4 years ago

Watching the TWIPYs last night I couldn't help but notice that a *lot* of the amazing basement game collections that the fabulous and famous presenters were standing in front of featured a TNA. It's the *IT* game among the pinball elite, apparently. ...or maybe I'm suffering from Baader-Meinhof syndrome.

#6319 4 years ago

Printed this reactor today. Planning on getting some clear plastic to print it translucent and take advantage of the light show. Where do you guys think I should place it? I'm kinda leaving towards above the drop Target entrance. Any feedback is appreciated.

IMG_20200329_185022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_185022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_185039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_185039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184842 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184934 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184934 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184714 (resized).jpgIMG_20200329_184714 (resized).jpg
#6320 4 years ago

I'm liking over the RAD targets. Looks good with mirror blades.

#6321 4 years ago

ANY feedback? None of those spots. Take it out and leave it out

#6322 4 years ago

I'd put it just north of the RAD targets plastic, by the second set of screws.

#6323 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Or just enter LIONMAN. (There's a lot more but LIONMAN is the best lol)

#6324 4 years ago

My issue is that it is square so it doesn’t really look like it fits in anywhere. If you picked a spot and then edited the model to follow the shape of the plastic below it then it might look more cohesive.

#6325 4 years ago

I'm not really a fan of it either. It might be the color though, curious to see how it looks when you print it in clear filament. Right now it just looks super out of place everywhere.

#6326 4 years ago

I feel like it need to go up top somewhere since the orbits are what feed the nuclear core. So upper right corner is best. It does not feel real cohesive with the game, but maybe once painted it would? Or print out of clear and light up the reactor so it can trigger to glow when ready for kill?

Also suggest changing the bowtie shape on core to the triangle to match the game.

#6327 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I feel like it need to go up top somewhere since the orbits are what feed the nuclear core. So upper right corner is best. It does not feel real cohesive with the game, but maybe once painted it would? Or print out of clear and light up the reactor so it can trigger to glow when ready for kill?
Also suggest changing the bowtie shape on core to the triangle to match the game.

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions. Ill play around with it.

#6328 4 years ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Thanks everyone! Great suggestions. Ill play around with it.

#6329 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My issue is that it is square so it doesn’t really look like it fits in anywhere. If you picked a spot and then edited the model to follow the shape of the plastic below it then it might look more cohesive.

That's my feedback as well... in looking at the pictures it doesn't look like a natural fit anywhere on the playfield (yet). Are you planning on simplifying the design as well? IMHO, it looks a bit busy in comparison to the art theme of the playfield. I think you're definitely on to something that could be a really neat add to the game, though.

#6330 4 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with the Cliffy for the reactor scoop? I ordered one but an curious if anyone has noticed the scoop being harder to hit with the Cliffy on.

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Does anyone have any experience with the Cliffy for the reactor scoop? I ordered one but an curious if anyone has noticed the scoop being harder to hit with the Cliffy on.

Interested to know too. I am about to install mine.

#6332 4 years ago

We started streaming TNA for the first time the other day, but we didn't have a great way to capture the scoreboard, other than adding a third webcam.
So, I built a small program with pygame to display a live scoreboard!
The OBS window capture input displays the scoreboard on the stream. Scores are sent over the local network via a socket.

#6333 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

We started streaming TNA for the first time the other day, but we didn't have a great way to capture the scoreboard, other than adding a third webcam.
The OBS window capture input displays the scoreboard on the stream. Scores are sent over the local network via a socket.

Whoh, how did you do that? How did you interface with the system? You can probably easily read the serial data I am sending from the Arduino to the displays.

#6334 4 years ago

Just made a big Beta update!!! Feel free to try it out and let me know if there are any issues!

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Thank you!
--Scott

#6335 4 years ago

Just made a big Beta update!!!

Awesome, something to look forward to while stuck at home Stay safe and thanks for continuing to update this like you do!!!

#6336 4 years ago

Awesome Scott! Downloading this now!

#6337 4 years ago

Just made a big Beta update!!! Feel free to try it out and let me know if there are any issues!
Thank you!
--Scott

Sweet! Thanks Mr. Danesi.

#6338 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

fantastic, it would be great if you could share this!!!

Neil.

#6339 4 years ago

Thank you!
--Scott

Hey Scott. Just tried the new code. Multiball GI is still green even after changing the GI color in the settings. Can you fix this please?

#6340 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Hey Scott. Just tried the new code. Multiball GI is still green even after changing the GI color in the settings. Can you fix this please?

Oops, power cycle the machine and the setting will stick... My fault. Fixing that now.

#6341 4 years ago

Also, here is the changelog from v1.4.0.b2.

#################################################################
v1.4.0.b3 BETA - 04/04/2020 - Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
- Modified sling logic to hopefully stop multiple hits
- Sling modifications to stop occasional sticking
- Fixed CoOp taking away reactor scores from previous players if additional players sneak in
- Fixed lag issue when replay triggered during reactor explosion
- Fixed score display dimming issue that randomly occurs
- Tilt bug fixed when ball falls into shooter lane after a tilt
- Fixed shaker not pulsing every time on ball lock
- Fixed Co-Op abort issue
- Ball search now disabled in service mode... oops
- Fixed Crash after game over in Co-Op with TA reactor < 9
- Fixed disabling coils on game abort via start button
- Fixed insert lighting issue with left targets on new ball start

## Features Added / Modifications ##
- Start button now constantly on when no credits are in the machine
- Added ability to hold down up and down buttons in service mode to scroll automatically
- New multiball GI colors added to service menu for the fluorescent green plastic protectors
- Reworded Bonus Credit After to "Bonus Credit After X Credits" in service menu
- Beepgate Update
- Mystery Goodness
- Added support for Danesi 2.0 shoot again timer (with RGB lights)
- Added support for new clear drop LED add-on
- All lightshows cleaned up
- Added Tilt Warnings to LCD
- Added utility for clearing coin audit info
- Added control for Mystery giving out more tilt warnings

Known issues so far:
1. Changing the GI Color setting requires you to power cycle the game after adjusting the setting.

#6342 4 years ago

Also, here is the changelog from v1.4.0.b2.
v1.4.0.b3 BETA - 04/04/2020 - Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
- Modified sling logic to hopefully stop multiple hits
- Sling modifications to stop occasional sticking
- Fixed CoOp taking away reactor scores from previous players if additional players sneak in
- Fixed lag issue when replay triggered during reactor explosion
- Fixed score display dimming issue that randomly occurs
- Tilt bug fixed when ball falls into shooter lane after a tilt
- Fixed shaker not pulsing every time on ball lock
- Fixed Co-Op abort issue
- Ball search now disabled in service mode... oops
- Fixed Crash after game over in Co-Op with TA reactor < 9
- Fixed disabling coils on game abort via start button
- Fixed insert lighting issue with left targets on new ball start
## Features Added / Modifications ##
- Start button now constantly on when no credits are in the machine
- Added ability to hold down up and down buttons in service mode to scroll automatically
- New multiball GI colors added to service menu for the fluorescent green plastic protectors
- Reworded Bonus Credit After to "Bonus Credit After X Credits" in service menu
- Beepgate Update
- Mystery Goodness
- All lightshows cleaned up
- Added Tilt Warnings to LCD
- Added utility for clearing coin audit info
- Added control for Mystery giving out more tilt warnings
Known issues so far:
1. Changing the GI Color setting requires you to power cycle the game after adjusting the setting.

Scott, by any chance did you fix the ball bounce in the shooter lane causing an autofire? Maybe it was on a previous release and I didn't see it?

#6343 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Scott, by any chance did you fix the ball bounce in the shooter lane causing an autofire? Maybe it was on a previous release and I didn't see it?

I actually don't remember, what was the issue again? If I am remembering correctly, I think I could not replicate the issue around this, but I will need a refresher.

#6344 4 years ago

Were you able to fix slam tilt during mystery causing lockup

#6345 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Were you able to fix slam tilt during mystery causing lockup

I don't have a slam tilt in the game, and if I tilt during mystery, it does not lock up. Can you please send me steps to reproduce? I can absolutely fix it if I can make it happen.

#6346 4 years ago

Well I got my Cliffy installed. It was pretty straightforward to install, you have to totally pull off the scoop mech to get the clip under, but that's not really a big deal. Overall I don't think it made the scoop much harder to hit, it actually does make it easier to get the ball into the reactor though. Conversely it also makes it easier for the ball to roll over the scoop and not go in when coming out of the reactor.

I only played a couple of games with it on, so I'll provide more thorough feedback once I have a few dozen games with it on.

20200404_202219 (resized).jpg20200404_202219 (resized).jpg
#6347 4 years ago

I actually don't remember, what was the issue again? If I am remembering correctly, I think I could not replicate the issue around this, but I will need a refresher.

When the ball is served into the shooter lane and bounces (hits the shooter lane switch twice) the game will autolaunch the ball. I believe it thinks the ball was launched once and drained. On the bounce (second time the switch closes) it autolaunches... as I recall. I have a video of it somewhere...

I think you told me via an email once that you were going to put a delay on that switch, so a bounce wouldn't register as a new ball.

Edit. I just found the video. LMK if you want me to email it to you.

#6348 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

When the ball is served into the shooter lane and bounces (hits the shooter lane switch twice) the game will autolaunch the ball. I believe it thinks the ball was launched once and drained. On the bounce (second time the switch closes) it autolaunches using up the ball save time... as I recall. I have a video of it somewhere...
I think you told me via an email once that you were going to put a delay on that switch, so a bounce wouldn't register as a new ball.

OOOHHH, gotcha. I can fix that. Will do that now.

#6349 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar can you please explain:

#6350 4 years ago

I don't have a slam tilt in the game, and if I tilt during mystery, it does not lock up. Can you please send me steps to reproduce? I can absolutely fix it if I can make it happen.

I guess I'm using the slam tilt term incorrectly lol.
I mean final tilt/ends your turn. So get two tilt warnings, then trigger the mystery cutscene, and during the cutscene, trigger a tilt.
Has happened to me sometimes when the bob hasn't settled.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.