(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 239.
#6251 4 years ago

Still having a few issues in the latest beta when a game is aborted and restarted. None that bother me too much, but I figured Id report them.

about 70% of the time if a game is aborted and another game is begun, the skill shot for ball 1 player 1 is not available. no light in the lanes, and secret skillshot does not work.

on rare occasion a pop bumper hit will cause the shaker motor to become stuck on. destroying a reactor usually fixes this, but not always. This seems to happen more if the game has had aborted and restarted games since its power cycle

#6252 4 years ago

I am in! Just picked this up today!!

20200211_191325 (resized).jpg20200211_191325 (resized).jpg
#6253 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Still having a few issues in the latest beta when a game is aborted and restarted. None that bother me too much, but I figured Id report them.
about 70% of the time if a game is aborted and another game is begun, the skill shot for ball 1 player 1 is not available. no light in the lanes, and secret skillshot does not work.
on rare occasion a pop bumper hit will cause the shaker motor to become stuck on. destroying a reactor usually fixes this, but not always. This seems to happen more if the game has had aborted and restarted games since its power cycle

Thank you for this. I will look into these issues and get them fixed.

#6254 4 years ago

What is the safest way to hook up a powered external sub?

#6255 4 years ago

Finally beat Total Power Annihilation! Almost did it with a spare ball, but with 1 target left the Powerball made a screaming fast B line for the drain, as they do.

86274053_734399591163_3493293735893008384_o (resized).jpg86274053_734399591163_3493293735893008384_o (resized).jpg
#6256 4 years ago

Anyone know if there are still NIB TNA's at some distros?

#6257 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

None that I'm aware of

#6258 4 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

What is the safest way to hook up a powered external sub?

Of all games, I can't imagine this one needing an extra sub! I have never even thought of needing more sound or bass outta this thing!

#6259 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Quoted from KingPinGames:

None that I'm aware of

I emailed KT and she didnt know of any either. By listing a WTB here on Pinside I found mine, which is practically new. There may be someone sitting on a NIB but I doubt it.

#6260 4 years ago

I have had my game a while now. I love it, and have never updated any code. So, is it an ongoing beta thing or will there be a "final" version once the kinks are worked out?
I had considered updating, just to see what changed, bit it seems like it would be kinda quirky.

#6261 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I had considered updating, just to see what changed, bit it seems like it would be kinda quirky.

I updated to beta a few days ago. Plays fine. I did experience an odd E6 error during a multi-ball but it didnt seem to affect gameplay. Testing beta and giving feedback only makes a game better.
You can always downgrade code.

20200215_094605 (resized).jpg20200215_094605 (resized).jpg
#6262 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I updated to beta a few days ago. Plays fine. I did experience an odd E6 error during a multi-ball but it didnt seem to affect gameplay. Testing beta and giving feedback only makes a game better.
You can always downgrade code.[quoted image]

Eb = Extra ball

#6263 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Eb = Extra ball

Now that's funny. thought I broke smth.

If you can't tell I have not put a ton of plays on TnA yet.

#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Now that's funny. thought I broke smth.
If you can't tell I have not put a ton of plays on TnA yet.

Lol! That is hysterical!

#6265 4 years ago

Oh man, that is awesome!!! I was thinking to myself.... What is an E6 error? I programmed the damn thing.... I thought I was losing my mind.

If you guys are seeing balls fly off the shooter lane launch ramp by default on the new beta code, just turn down the coil power for the shooter lane and you will be good to go.

I will be getting right back to developing the new code as soon as I can.

Thank you!
--Scott

#6266 4 years ago

Thank YOU, Scott! Always appreciate and enjoy your willingness to continuously improve an already awesome game!

#6268 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar I'm getting Drop Target 1 down error. However the switches and optos work for all the drop targets and it doesnt seem to affect play. What am I missing here?

#6269 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

thenotrashcougar I'm getting Drop Target 1 down error. However the switches and options work for all the drop targets and it doesnt seem to affect play. What am I missing here?

Reset the error report and see if it is still an issue. This indicates that a switch is probably flaky. You can just replace the switch or ignore the issue.
--Scott

#6270 4 years ago

I've been ignoring it, and I've reset it a couple times. It definitely registers though. Just not sure why it shows up since it does register.

#6271 4 years ago

Scott,
Do you expect a new run of TNA’s in the future?

#6272 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Scott,
Do you expect a new run of TNA’s in the future?

Spooky said if there was demand and time between games they would consider another run

#6273 4 years ago

My siderail light mod went dark today anyone have advice as far as components that might fail etc?

#6274 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

My siderail light mod went dark today anyone have advice as far as components that might fail etc?

Reach out to the company that made the mod.

#6275 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Reach out to the company that made the mod.

Yes, I did. Just figured someone here might have found an easy thing to check. When something isn't right in my pinball world, it throws my universe out of whack!

#6276 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes, I did. Just figured someone here might have found an easy thing to check. When something isn't right in my pinball world, it throws my universe out of whack!

Without owning the lighted rails myself, I would check all connectors that power it. Beyond that, I would tend to think it would be a problem with the mod itself.

#6277 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

check the connection to the control box and where the box gets its power

#6278 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I emailed KT and she didnt know of any either. By listing a WTB here on Pinside I found mine, which is practically new. There may be someone sitting on a NIB but I doubt it.

Good thinking thanks, if anyone knows of a distro with a nib left, or has a low play huo game they want to sell, please send me a PM

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/92019

#6279 4 years ago

So Scott said (on KPP) that he’s planning on revisiting some of TNA’s light shows using the knowledge he’s gained from R&M. Some point down the road with a code update.

Very interesting little tid-bit of info! I’m super curious to see what he comes up with... especially because I think TNA’s lighting is top shelf!

#6280 4 years ago

It would just be minor things to make everything a bit more cohesive. I know the guy that made the lightshows, so this is confirmed.

#6281 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

It would just be minor things to make everything a bit more cohesive. I know the guy that made the lightshows, so this is confirmed.

Really awesome, Scott! Let us know when the code is ready to download!

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Really awesome, Scott! Let us know when the code is ready to download!

Calm down, your games are all pretty solid as is. Lets let the man work on R&M for a while...

#6283 4 years ago

to make everything a bit more cohesive.

Yeah, I was playing mine yesterday and thought to myself, this game seems to lack cohesiveness.

You're killin me, Smalls!

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Calm down, your games are all pretty solid as is. Lets let the man work on R&M for a while...

lol. Eric and Bowen primarily work on R&M from what I understand, so Scott has tons of free time on his hands now

Just sharing my excitement for his continued support on code for a game that, in most people's eyes, is 100% complete.

#6285 4 years ago

Hey @thenotrashcougar,

Now that you clearly have a ton of free time, any chance this update will have lighting options for Clear targets. I seriously can't wait for your clear target kit.

#6286 4 years ago

Scott spend as much time as you want on the lighting. What a canvass you have to work with - every single lamp is RGB....think of the possibilities...

- Colors getting more intense as reactor gets more unstable (or as more destroy targets are hit)
- GI turning red fading in and out after reactor counter reaches 100 until reactor is destroyed
- Lighting effects for hitting drop targets (jackpots) during multiball (I don't think there an effect already? never noticed...but for the points these give out, it should be more prominent)
- All lighting blue to white GI explode effect like on Dialed In big bang (the one lighting effect they absolutely nailed) when reactor destroyed
- Increase blinking speed of important lights (this one probably doesn't require a PhD in pinball lighting but would be helpful for novices - guests often don't know they need to hit the Start reactor scoop)

Sure, Rick and Morty is cool and spend the time you need to on it, but it's just 750 people. On the other hand, think of the hundreds of millions of people that will experience TNA and surely you'll agree that's where the attention should be.

#6287 4 years ago

Just got in the coolest club 2 weeks ago. Awesome game, destroyed reactor 9 already.

Don't really know if Scott is reading actively here but I had a small idea for 1.4
Sometimes when MB starts, you can get a super-jackpot straight if you either shoot fast on the fly or with a weird bounce. Would be awesome if that would be considered as a Dirty Pool, and let's say, doubles the value of next super for 30 secs.

Been loving this game, thanks again!
And can't wait to try Rick And Morty!

#6288 4 years ago

Kaboom!

8028EB73-E334-448A-BD87-F89053C48D95 (resized).jpeg8028EB73-E334-448A-BD87-F89053C48D95 (resized).jpeg
#6289 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Kaboom![quoted image]

Methinks the subwoofer may need adjustin'

#6290 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Kaboom![quoted image]

That was good, but a little blurry. Now Can u do it again but hold that pose??

#6291 4 years ago

new pinball Olympics event? Playing on a trampoline?

Cool pic

#6292 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Kaboom![quoted image]

Nudge level 18 unlocked!

#6293 4 years ago

That's what I'm talkin' bout!!!

20200219_142753 (resized).jpg20200219_142753 (resized).jpg
#6294 4 years ago

Upgraded the monitor to this cheap $55 monitor + $28 control board on Amazon so a little more than $80 bucks and the display is much more saturated and has better viewing angles and not so washed out. Factory monitor is junk. Was actually very easy to swap out.

Monitor on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3bUlZTe
Control Board on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3bYXiFp

20200219_193323.jpg20200219_193323.jpg20200219_193332.jpg20200219_193332.jpg
#6295 4 years ago

My pop Bumper finally "self dissembled" on me after about a year of owning it. I haven't frequented this thread much over the past but luckily I found some posts that had the same thing happen to their game so now I know the order in which these go back on the pop bumper. Now to find the other nylon locking nut, It seems to be playing a really good game of hide and seek...

#6296 4 years ago
Quoted from FireGamer3:

My pop Bumper finally "self dissembled" on me after about a year of owning it. I haven't frequented this thread much over the past but luckily I found some posts that had the same thing happen to their game so now I know the order in which these go back on the pop bumper. Now to find the other nylon locking nut, It seems to be playing a really good game of hide and seek...

It happened to me too. No biggie, put it back together and put some locktight on the threads and you'll be set.

#6297 4 years ago

anyone getting a crazy amount of dimples where the ball lands after the scoop?

#6298 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar

Here’s what new code needs. High scores for coop mode. I have a couple of buddies that come over every wed and we play coop mode. It would be nice to track how far we get and have some high scores or something similar to single player.

#6299 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

thenotrashcougar
Here’s what new code needs. High scores for coop mode. I have a couple of buddies that come over every wed and we play coop mode. It would be nice to track how far we get and have some high scores or something similar to single player.

That's already in there. Think it only keeps track of one score though, if I remember right...

#6300 4 years ago

Just fix the coin audits everything else is perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/126?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.