(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 239.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Can confirm this happened with my game, in my case it was a connector needed the wire pushed in a little further to the IDC on the connector under playfield for the first opto transmitter. I guess the transmitter not being active meant the game thought there was a ball in the first lock (attract mode or not). For my case punching in the wire better solved all the wierd behaviour. To find the cause I checked the opto transmiters with my phone camera and found the first TX was not lit.

Nice find! That would definitely cause this issue.

#6152 4 years ago

Ya once I thought about it a bit, I realized it had to be that first opto, I’ll check the connector too

#6153 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I really can't tell if you're joking or not.

I'm thinking his machine just isn't level.

#6154 4 years ago

Found this guy in my right outline and can’t seem to locate the source. 1/4” long pan head Phillips. Not the Danesi lock optos, those are countersunk headed.

Any Suggestions of it’s home?

1963F95D-1AD1-42B9-93F3-22A2B2E25C9D (resized).jpeg1963F95D-1AD1-42B9-93F3-22A2B2E25C9D (resized).jpeg
#6155 4 years ago

Probably from a playfield plastic is my wild guess...

#6157 4 years ago

Yep play field plastic. I think yesterday’s holiday cheer inhibited my hole seeking ability earlier. Looked for an embarrassingly long time without finding it! Got her sent home now. Thanks for your time: internet, Pinside, tomdotcom and Scott!

#6158 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Thanks for your time: internet, Pinside, tomdotcom and Scott!

I didn’t know you had a TNA. Welcome to the club! Hope to see you later this month in LC at the SC. We have a Sunday afternoon event planned the next day again.

#6159 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn’t know you had a TNA. Welcome to the club!

Oh yeah, been playing it since last fall and still haven’t seen #9! I’ll be down for the sc.

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I’ll be down for the sc.

Awesome! Bring the Mrs. again and stay for the Sunday festivities as well.

Quoted from EasternBloc:

Oh yeah, been playing it since last fall and still haven’t seen #9!

Josh and I set TNA to four ball and finally beat it on a four player co-op. Ha!

#6161 4 years ago

Got to my location and found this stucky ball today. Couldn't lean it to the side to free it, might have to bend a little wire or something if nobody has anything for it already.

20200102_100623.jpg20200102_100623.jpg
#6163 4 years ago

Imma see if I can get Charlie to go in halfsies with me Thanks for the heads up.

(There was supposed to be a silly face emoji but it didnt show up)

#6164 4 years ago

F! I just put in an order with pinballlife! Any news on 1.4.0 @thenotrashcougar?

#6165 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Imma see if I can get Charlie to go in halfsies with me Thanks for the heads up.
(There was supposed to be a silly face emoji but it didnt show up)

Lol!

#6166 4 years ago

It's a joke, but I do feel like this isn't something I should be paying a 3rd party company to create and supply.

#6167 4 years ago

I've played several different TNA's and the stuck ball happened only on the machine without the factory plastic protectors.

#6168 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

I've played several different TNA's and the stuck ball happened only on the machine without the factory plastic protectors.

Interesting. I almost added those gate guards to my Pinball Life order last night but decided it was unnecessary since I have probably 1,000 games on mine and have never had a stuck ball. Even took it to a show for a weekend. I've always had the protectors on though.

#6169 4 years ago

Just took a look at my game and I mispoke. There is no protector on the upper corners. The wireform on mine is bent closer to the gate compared to the picture above though.

#6170 4 years ago

Yeah that's wild. I've had my game well over a year and have never had a ball stuck up there.

#6171 4 years ago

Same here, game was on location for most of a year and never had it happen that I can recall. I do have the factory plastic protectors installed if that makes a difference. In any case, it's great that there is a solution readily available now!

#6172 4 years ago

Has anyone experienced the odd feeling of the right flipper being "mushy" randomly? I've played three different TNAs now and I'm convinced it is not just my game. It is impossible to reproduce, but very occasionally I feel like like that flipper doesn't flip the way I'm expecting. I've seen it happen at all times during the game. It is possible this is all in my head, but I'm pretty sensitive to those changes in flip strength.

#6173 4 years ago

Check your flipper switches and make sure they are making solid contact.

#6174 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Got to my location and found this stucky ball today. Couldn't lean it to the side to free it, might have to bend a little wire or something if nobody has anything for it already.[quoted image]

Who said TNA is a street level game?

#6175 4 years ago

I was thinking today about the idea of incorporating a small oled screen into the plastic of the core/danesi lock where the fan graphic is to display this gif. Would be cool to make one with the cutout, the screens don't appear to be expensive. Could anyone make this a thing?

2409930 (resized).png2409930 (resized).png
#6176 4 years ago

There's even transparent screens so it could match game lighting

#6178 4 years ago

Magfest 2020! We put ours on a balcony in the atrium!

FB_IMG_1578111928259 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1578111928259 (resized).jpg
#6179 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Magfest 2020! We put ours on a balcony in the atrium!

That’s awesome! Where is that?

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who said TNA is a street level game?

It's not a street level game. It's a single level game. Street level games were made by Gottlieb in the early 90s to save on costs and to take up a smaller footprint at the bar or arcade. It was physically smaller dimensionally than a standard sized machine and didnt have as many features. They just happened to be single level as well.

#6181 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Something that has annoyed me since I got the game...
[quoted image]
Here's the $12.99 fix: amazon.com link » (non-affiliate AMZN link)

dri thanks for posting that fix. I had some Black Magic Film Tint 35% that I used. I did two layers. So I'll call it 70% lol. Before and after

20200102_134627 (resized).jpg20200102_134627 (resized).jpg20200104_124812 (resized).jpg20200104_124812 (resized).jpg
#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s awesome! Where is that?

Looks like the Gaylord DC. Been there many times. Those rooms facing in with the balcony are the worst. So loud.

#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

dri thanks for posting that fix. I had some Black Magic Film Tint 35% that I used. I did two layers. So I'll call it 70% lol. Before and after[quoted image][quoted image]

Call me crazy but i like the look of the score displays the way they are goes with the art around them and the theme of the game better.

#6184 4 years ago

Here's what it could look like

2020_01_04_16_48_12.gif2020_01_04_16_48_12.gif
#6186 4 years ago

TNA needs less fan noise, not more

#6187 4 years ago

I'd love a fan.

#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

TNA needs less fan noise, not more

That can be solved by replacing the power supply fan with a silent one. This little one would be heard under the glass

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

That can be solved by replacing the power supply fan with a silent one. This little one would be heard under the glass

I know, just a joke, but the stock fan is loud as F, and the beacon sounds like a rock tumbler too lol. Both can be fixed for sure

#6190 4 years ago

That power supply noise is no joke. Easy enough to mod though.

#6191 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Call me crazy but i like the look of the score displays the way they are goes with the art around them and the theme of the game better.

Let everyone know.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-don-t-like-your-pinball/page/4#post-5393822

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Magfest 2020! We put ours on a balcony in the atrium![quoted image]

I could see this from the lobby, but didn't get a party invite

#6193 4 years ago

Got a report from a player today that on the TNA we have on location, some of the LEDs were stuck on in the middle of a game. After looking at his picture and reading the manual, the LEDs are all the ones on PD-LED board number 2. They were all stuck in their "correct" colors, not all in one color. Now 1 hour later, everything seems to work as normal. Was this a crazy software bug or something electrical we should look into?

#6194 4 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Got a report from a player today that on the TNA we have on location, some of the LEDs were stuck on in the middle of a game. After looking at his picture and reading the manual, the LEDs are all the ones on PD-LED board number 2. They were all stuck in their "correct" colors, not all in one color. Now 1 hour later, everything seems to work as normal. Was this a crazy software bug or something electrical we should look into?

next time you get a chance take a look at the data cables (grey wires) that go from board to board. if they lights get stuck on it generally means that the board lost it's data chain and "just froze" in it's last known state.

#6195 4 years ago

Anyone have a fix for the inlane ball-guide "bump" to the flipper. Not sure what this symptom is formally called but I played a different TNA than my own this week that exhibited the same problem. Since it not just my machine, I bet there's a fix. I've tried to loosen the ball-guide and the flipper assembly and fastened it with pressure from the opposite direction (ball guide needs to be higher, flipper mech lower), it got a tiny little bit better but far from remedied. Is repositioning the entire flipper assembly the next step?

#6196 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Anyone have a fix for the inlane ball-guide "bump" to the flipper. Not sure what this symptom is formally called but I played a different TNA than my own this week that exhibited the same problem. Since it not just my machine, I bet there's a fix. I've tried to loosen the ball-guide and the flipper assembly and fastened it with pressure from the opposite direction (ball guide needs to be higher, flipper mech lower), it got a tiny little bit better but far from remedied. Is repositioning the entire flipper assembly the next step?

I think you're referring to flipper hop. Titan makes thin flipper rubber that helps with this. I use them on my game.

#6197 4 years ago

You can probably loosen the lane guides and justify the tip upwards and tighten to correct.

#6198 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think you're referring to flipper hop. Titan makes thin flipper rubber that helps with this. I use them on my game.

Interesting! I look into to this. Thanks for the tip!

1 week later
#6199 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Interesting! I look into to this. Thanks for the tip!

Got the Titan rubbers. This eliminated bumps on the right side, still a tiny tad bit annoying on the left side. I might end up repositioning the entire flipper mech.

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Glad we got those out of the way.

Following

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/124?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.