(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 239.
#6101 4 years ago

For anyone with the TNA meter installed, there is a bunch of spare 5v from the power supply included. The p/s was chosen more on connections/price and ended up twice as big as needed. A 5.5mmx2.1mm splitter from ebay and some creativity will get you all the 5v you need.

#6102 4 years ago

This is probably common knowledge but I have found that every issue I have had with TNA so far has been due to a plug working its way out from the board it was plugged into and not actually a mechanical/electrical issue. I have solved the problems with my hot glue gun and not my soldering gun. Just a friendly reminder to always CHECK YOUR PLUGS first. I was about to replace a set of optos before I got smart enough to track the wires back. If only these plugs locked in better.

#6103 4 years ago

flashinstinct
The scoop decal is finally starting to show its age.

20191212_200112 (resized).jpg20191212_200112 (resized).jpg
#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

flashinstinct
The scoop decal is finally starting to show its age.[quoted image]

I thought it was supposed to go on top.

#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I thought it was supposed to go on top.

It is. He sent me an extra to see how it would survive, so I have one in both places.

#6106 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

It is. He sent me an extra to see how it would survive, so I have one in both places.

Ok, good. Sorry for the mansplaining.

#6107 4 years ago

Holy crap! That actually looks bad ass all worn out like that.
--Scott

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Holy crap! That actually looks bad ass all worn out like that.
--Scott

I was thinking that too, it looks like it's on purpose!

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was thinking that too, it looks like it's on purpose!

when the rest of the playfield stickers and plastics get that beat up you won't even notice this one.

#6110 4 years ago

I always did like the look of it on the inside.

#6111 4 years ago

Planning some upgrades for my beloved TNA. Is there an IPS panel available that improves the viewing angle just a tad bit? Also looking for a quick fix for the noisy fan.

Anyone know if there's a code drop soon that integrates the light show with the green plastic protectors?

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Ok, good. Sorry for the mansplaining.

Men don't say "mansplaining".

#6113 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Men don't say "mansplaining".

It was tongue in cheek since I was explaining something to a man (I assume)

#6114 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

It was tongue in cheek since I was explaining something to a man (I assume)

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Planning some upgrades for my beloved TNA. Is there an IPS panel available that improves the viewing angle just a tad bit? Also looking for a quick fix for the noisy fan.
Anyone know if there's a code drop soon that integrates the light show with the green plastic protectors?

Check the keyed posts everything is there

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Check the keyed posts everything is there

Indeed it is. Sorry for barging in...

#6117 4 years ago

Just installed this pop mod. Looks awesome.

20191216_172635 (resized).jpg20191216_172635 (resized).jpg
#6118 4 years ago

#hockey

IMG_20191216_175111 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_175111 (resized).jpg
#6119 4 years ago

I installed the pop bumper mod along with custom made stadium lights.

F7695405-3421-4EE5-BF85-587003831E06 (resized).jpegF7695405-3421-4EE5-BF85-587003831E06 (resized).jpeg
#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I have not yet set up a way to light the clear drops, but I will get to it. I am probably just going to make a kit with 3 leds and a new harness in it to light them. Then I can control them with the software. I will keep the group here posted.
--Scott

Hey TheNoTrashCougar Scott! Not trying to be a pain but any idea when you’re going to be able to make this kit? After seeing Rick and Morty I can’t help but get excited to add these to my TNA. Congrats on R&M by the way!

#6121 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Hey thenotrashcougar Scott! Not trying to be a pain but any idea when you’re going to be able to make this kit? After seeing Rick and Morty I can’t help but get excited to add these to my TNA. Congrats on R&M by the way!

Thank you! I am not sure yet, but it is on my list to do. I have not forgotten about TNA and never will.
--Scott

#6122 4 years ago

https://m.facebook.com/events/449645002398329

Steal this tournament idea.

(At least the name)

#6123 4 years ago

If anyone is wondering what Titan Glow rubbers look like on TNA, the answer is awesome! I wasn't a fan of the green plastic protectors as it made all the grey graphics look yellow, but these bands add a similar look and still give that cool green glow when you set your multiball to blue.

IMG_8498 (resized).jpegIMG_8498 (resized).jpeg
#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

If anyone is wondering what Titan Glow rubbers look like on TNA, the answer is awesome! I wasn't a fan of the green plastic protectors as it made all the grey graphics look yellow, but these bands add a similar look and still give that cool green glow when you set your multiball to blue.[quoted image]

Wow those look great. Does Titan have any other glow colors? I suddenly need glow purple

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Wow those look great. Does Titan have any other glow colors? I suddenly need glow purple

Nope. Just green. I agree with you though. Having more translucent colors would be great.

#6126 4 years ago

Yes, I'm a fan of the Green Glow just from looking a pics. I'm sure it's amazing in person.

#6127 4 years ago

Looking for a TNA for sale or trade within driving distance of atlanta ga. thanks

#6128 4 years ago

Whats a good hd lcd replacement?

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Whats a good hd lcd replacement?

Rob-T-800 look in the topic index. It's one of the posts noted there.

#6130 4 years ago

Joined the club today. Fantastic game.

20191226_193212 (resized).jpg20191226_193212 (resized).jpg
#6131 4 years ago

Something that has annoyed me since I got the game...

tna (resized).jpgtna (resized).jpg

Here's the $12.99 fix: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KJKTC5S/ (non-affiliate AMZN link)

#6132 4 years ago

Ya I like that, I got a couple sun shades 5"x 14" from bank a few years back. I'm sure they are in the junk drawer in kitchen. Thanks for idea

#6133 4 years ago

Seriously nobody's going to give me props on Total NewYear Annihilation? Tough crowd.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Seriously nobody's going to give me props on Total NewYear Annihilation? Tough crowd.

That is pretty funny!
--Scott

#6135 4 years ago

Are you guys using the matte or glossy replacement screens?

#6136 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

https://m.facebook.com/events/449645002398329
Steal this tournament idea.
(At least the name)

Hey chalkey, that’s a cool idea! Total Newyear Annihilation!

#6137 4 years ago

Thanks. Trying to get some more multiplayer games going. Co-op is the best concept in pinball right now to get more people playing in a social / friendly regard.

#6138 4 years ago

I love my TNA but I'm sensitive to electromagnetic radiation and feel kinda weird after even a short game. A few games and I'm pretty out of it. If you care (most folks don't) you can get a pretty cheap meter that will show you how much radiation is coming from any given source. I like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-GQ-Multi-Field-Electromagnetic-Radiation/dp/B07JGJ897T

TNA has quite a bit and of course you're standing right alongside and over it in order to play. I would guess it's the same with any modern pin although I noticed Stern started doing UL/CE certification on theirs which must cut down on it drastically. Any ideas for minimizing it on TNA?

#6139 4 years ago

I'd talk to a psychologist and ask him what he recommends.

#6140 4 years ago
tin (resized).jpgtin (resized).jpg
#6141 4 years ago

Glad we got those out of the way.

#6142 4 years ago

That wasn't meant to be a slam, but genuine advice. I'm just going on what the WHO and every scientific study on this phenomenon seems to come up with.

https://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/fs296/en/

Throw your monitor away and go talk to somebody.

#6143 4 years ago

With Scarlet going around and blowing up reactors, it doesn't surprise me that there is a ton of radiation oozing out of the machine.

Also, with how little Stern puts into their machines, it doesn't surprise me that there isn't a lot of radiation coming out of theirs. (badumm tsssss)

Joking aside, I hope you can find what ails you whether it's EMF or not.

#6144 4 years ago

EC/UL is more for like that it doesn't electrocute you or burn down your house easily. I don't think that has a lot to do with EM emissions but I might be wrong.
Considering all the flashing lights (pulses) and the constant energizing pulses to coils, it is no surprise that there are quite a few.
If your symptoms are caused from physical exposure or psychological in nature is for remedying at the machine level irrelevant, it is however relevant if you try to fix your sensitivity on your person, but that's a different question and not what you asked.
To get back to that, I don't know if you could do a whole lot other than trying to line the inside of the cabinet while trying not to short any circuits and set your house on fire in the process. That being said you still would get exposure from the top unless you also line the underside of the playfield somehow. I don't think that is really feasible though or may be impossible due to material thickness and composition needed.
That heaves you shielding yourself and the proverbial tin hat so to speak.
Either way, good luck and hope you can still enjoy the hobby.

#6145 4 years ago

No problem guys. There's a lot of skepticism around this stuff. I'm the kinda guy where if my body tells me it's bad then I don't care what the $cientific $tudies say. It's not like this is making me miserable. I just try to minimize my exposure.

Oh and UL/CE is very much tied to radiation emissions.

#6146 4 years ago

Turn the game off. Unplug it and sell it. That should take care of the issue. At least from that particular machine.

#6147 4 years ago

Anyone have experience with the first drop target coil firing during attract mode?

**Edit**
I disconnected/reconnected the purplewire coil connector in the back box and hit the power button on the cpu. Will see if it still happens. Very odd that it would happen in attract mode though?

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from procks:

I love my TNA but I'm sensitive to electromagnetic radiation and feel kinda weird after even a short game. A few games and I'm pretty out of it. If you care (most folks don't) you can get a pretty cheap meter that will show you how much radiation is coming from any given source. I like this one:
amazon.com link »
TNA has quite a bit and of course you're standing right alongside and over it in order to play. I would guess it's the same with any modern pin although I noticed Stern started doing UL/CE certification on theirs which must cut down on it drastically. Any ideas for minimizing it on TNA?

I really can't tell if you're joking or not.

#6149 4 years ago

The opto for the first ball lock must have been seeing a ball that wasn't there. Gonna clean those. Pertaining to my issue above...

#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The opto for the first ball lock must have been seeing a ball that wasn't there. Gonna clean those. Pertaining to my issue above...

Can confirm this happened with my game, in my case it was a connector needed the wire pushed in a little further to the IDC on the connector under playfield for the first opto transmitter. I guess the transmitter not being active meant the game thought there was a ball in the first lock (attract mode or not). For my case punching in the wire better solved all the wierd behaviour. To find the cause I checked the opto transmiters with my phone camera and found the first TX was not lit. The game was returning errors on the bottom lock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/123?hl=tahitiansea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.