(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 239.
#6051 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Hello hello! I bought a TNA this week, very excited about it. It was almost my first pinball machine, but my wife beat me to that milestone and bought an OXO earlier in the week. I'm loving the game and so far I only have one spot where I'm looking for some help...
Is there a way to prevent the start button from flashing while it's in attract mode and set on free play? The light show is so beautiful but then there's this glaring white lite flashing on the front of the machine right at "sitting on the couch" eye level. I tried the Credit Dot Enabled setting but that didn't do it (and I think the manual indicates that's something I'd see on the LCD when there's an error condition).

Take the bulb out!

#6052 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Take the bulb out!

I love it. That’s at the top my my to do list now.

#6053 4 years ago

*oops, I didn't refresh and duplicated the "take the bulb out" commentary

#6054 4 years ago

Funny... we all joke at our house at how TNA has the "beacon" start button and how that was most likely done intentionally by the @thenotrashcougar... we love it!

#6055 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Hello hello! I bought a TNA this week, very excited about it. It was almost my first pinball machine, but my wife beat me to that milestone and bought an OXO earlier in the week. I'm loving the game and so far I only have one spot where I'm looking for some help...
Is there a way to prevent the start button from flashing while it's in attract mode and set on free play? The light show is so beautiful but then there's this glaring white lite flashing on the front of the machine right at "sitting on the couch" eye level. I tried the Credit Dot Enabled setting but that didn't do it (and I think the manual indicates that's something I'd see on the LCD when there's an error condition).

Congratulations on owning such a unique and fantastic game!!

Also, I echo the thanks to Scott for being active in here and helping people out with their games! ... truly Awesome!

In feedback:

I agree with the flashing start button to some degree. The new code has the start button flashing when there are no credits in the machine? . It makes sense to me that the button does not flash when credits = 0 ... but I would have expected it would be logical that it flash when on "free play". However, it is only really the "credits 0" aspect that affects me. Maybe some as above on free play could be catered for with an option to have "flashing start light - off"?. Or, is it easy to disconnect/remove the start light internally/physically?

I still have no menu option for "Clear Coin Audits", to clear just the coin audits. This is the Beta code.

edit*: also missed that there was a "next page", and the obvious "remove bulb" solution.

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

Is there a way to prevent the start button from flashing while it's in attract mode and set on free play?

You could remove the LED from the button.

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

You could remove the LED from the button.

Great idea.....

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Congratulations on owning such a unique and fantastic game!!
Also, I echo the thanks to Scott for being active in here and helping people out with their games! ... truly Awesome!
In feedback:
I agree with the flashing start button to some degree. The new code has the start button flashing when there are no credits in the machine? . It makes sense to me that the button does not flash when credits = 0 ... but I would have expected it would be logical that it flash when on "free play". However, it is only really the "credits 0" aspect that affects me. Maybe some as above on free play could be catered for with an option to have "flashing start light - off"?. Or, is it easy to disconnect/remove the start light internally/physically?
I still have no menu option for "Clear Coin Audits", to clear just the coin audits. This is the Beta code.
edit*: also missed that there was a "next page", and the obvious "remove bulb" solution.

Hey there,
I am aware of the flashing button bug when there are 0 credits and it will be fixed in the next update (it is supposed to be solid on when credits == 0. I will also have the coin audit clearing in the next version too!

I am heavily working on the next project, but as soon as it launches, I will button up this version of the TNA code and get it out to you guys and gals.

Thank you all for the kind words!

--Scott

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyv-tmv:

If it could be prevented , maybe you could replace it with a blue button, that less obtrusive? Or, gasp!!; put a nicely cut piece of blue painters tape over it, that way you still get the functionality, but no bright white flash

#6060 4 years ago

I am heavily working on the next project

Can't wait to see what you put out next Scott. Is there any info out there on it yet?

#6061 4 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Can't wait to see what you put out next Scott. Is there any info out there on it yet?

4 legs, backbox, playfield, glass and flipper buttons on side of cabinet. We are hoping for a spinner too.

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from procks:

There is some.

#6063 4 years ago

Oh, and please keep in mind that the LED in the start button of TNA is a 12v LED. This is bright by design.
--Scott

#6064 4 years ago

Joined the club about 2 weeks ago and absolutely loving it. My 10 year old son and I have been playing lots of co-op mode since we got it and have been having a blast. Fast, brutal, exciting, this game has it all and is definitely improving my pinball chops.The music, light show, and overall feel are spot on. Thanks for making such a kick ass game Scott!

1EC1E079-CB9D-4D22-8D92-87651A355F12 (resized).jpeg1EC1E079-CB9D-4D22-8D92-87651A355F12 (resized).jpeg
#6065 4 years ago

Brought home a TNA this week! Exited to join the club!

Is it me or is this game shorter than others? Legs are 28-1/2 but it’s a few inches shorter than my Medieval Madness

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Brought home a TNA this week! Exited to join the club!
Is it me or is this game shorter than others? Legs are 28-1/2 but it’s a few inches shorter than my Medieval Madness

Yeah it's weird. Mine is shorter at the front than any of my classic Bally or Stern games too. I thought the cabinet was supposed to be based on a classic Bally cab but my Medusa sits much higher at the front with the front legs fully retracted.

#6067 4 years ago

What’s with the plastic cut out in the back corners? With protectors in place playfield won’t drop.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6068 4 years ago

I trimmed them carefully, kind of wierd though I mean see the supports on the side of the cab, just not sure I follow what is going on here.

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah it's weird. Mine is shorter at the front than any of my classic Bally or Stern games too. I thought the cabinet was supposed to be based on a classic Bally cab but my Medusa sits much higher at the front with the front legs fully retracted.

It’s pretty close to classic Bally height.

A4418D7F-70A9-4350-A1B9-37A54A6E11D7 (resized).jpegA4418D7F-70A9-4350-A1B9-37A54A6E11D7 (resized).jpeg
#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

It’s pretty close to classic Bally height.[quoted image]

I put the taller Stern legs on mine. She stands prouder next to my other pins.

IMG_3380 (resized).jpgIMG_3380 (resized).jpg
#6071 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I put the taller Stern legs on mine. She stands prouder next to my other pins.[quoted image]

Hmmmm.... Never thought of that!

#6072 4 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I put the taller Stern legs on mine. She stands prouder next to my other pins.[quoted image]

What cabinet protectors are those that are lighting up?

#6073 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

What’s with the plastic cut out in the back corners? With protectors in place playfield won’t drop.[quoted image]

Where did you get this protectors from? They are supposed to be cut out at the corner like the pbl ones.

#6074 4 years ago

Where did you get this protectors from? They are supposed to be cut out at the corner like the pbl ones.

Came with the pinball when I just bought it. Not sure where they are from. They are about twice as thick as the stock ones that were on the game.

#6075 4 years ago

Package had a label.

Part #PBL-300-0112-00

#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

What cabinet protectors are those that are lighting up?

They are available from MustangPaul: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups/page/9#post-4469646

#6077 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Package had a label.
Part #PBL-300-0112-00

Yep, those look like prototypes when we first tested out the protectors. There were only 2 sets cut like this and it looks like you got one of them! I sent you a PM.
--Scott

#6078 4 years ago

Has anyone done glow Titan rubbers instead of clear? I’m curious if they would add a cool green color without effecting the plastics.

I tried the green playfield protector and I didn’t like how it changed the color of the printed plastics. Made them look yellow in my opinion.

#6079 4 years ago

The slings in the upper playfield are not firing, but the switches are registering hits and advancing the reactor, etc. Im going to go look at it tomorrow. Is there a separate fuse for these slings or is it likely a connector somewhere?

#6080 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The slings in the upper playfield are not firing, but the switches are registering hits and advancing the reactor, etc. Im going to go look at it tomorrow. Is there a separate fuse for these slings or is it likely a connector somewhere?

I bet it's a daisy-chained power wire. Take a look under there and I bet it's danglin'.

#6081 4 years ago

Hi Scott, had a hard crash while playing this weekend and was able to replicate it easily. I'm not sure if the listed change I'm seeing in the 1.4.X blog post for "Fixed Co-Op abort issue" is my issue but it very likely could be. My issue however is after the abort when trying to start a new Co-Op game.
Here's the steps to replicate on 1.3.0:

1) Start a Co-Op game (I was using 4-person)
2) Progress to Player 1 Ball 2 and abort mission, letting all balls fully drain/reset position
3) Try to begin a new Co-Op mission
Upon pushing and holding the start button to begin a new Co-Op game the screen with flash (I believe) "Team VS Machine" for a split second before beginning a complete reset.

Hope this helps and thanks for the continued support...can't wait to see "HHP"!

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT: Forgot to mention I tried submitting this via your blog where the code updates are but it kept getting denied saying "try again later".

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

All levelers fully lowered, TNA is about 1 1/2" lower than Medusa, but only 1/2" lower than Tron.

IMG_7205 (resized).JPGIMG_7205 (resized).JPG

#6083 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

All levelers fully lowered, TNA is about 1 1/2" lower than Medusa, but only 1/2" lower than Tron.
[quoted image]

Is that a Canadian ruler? It looks like way more than a half inch

#6084 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is that a Canadian ruler? It looks like way more than a half inch

First just let me say "...that's what she said!"

I'm talking about the lockdown bar heights.

#6085 4 years ago
Quoted from procks:

Rick and Morty

#6086 4 years ago

Anyone know the name of the font for TNA?

#6087 4 years ago

I think it's called Outrun, but I prefer bladerunner.

#6088 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I think it's called Outrun, but I prefer bladerunner.

Yeah that looks right, sweet, thanks!

EDIT: Damn, that's not it, but it was close

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yeah that looks right, sweet, thanks!
EDIT: Damn, that's not it, but it was close

Don't leave me in suspense, man! What is it?

#6090 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Don't leave me in suspense, man! What is it?

Oh i'm still trying to figure it out...

#6091 4 years ago

It's custom hand drawn by Matt Andrews. It is not a font unfortunately.
--Scott

#6092 4 years ago

It's custom hand drawn by Matt Andrews. It is not a font unfortunately.
--Scott

Ok, thanks!

#6093 4 years ago

I did a nifty little BG lighting upgrade last weekend that turned out amazing, if I do say so myself!

IMG_7226 (resized).JPGIMG_7226 (resized).JPG
59703606999__786F7F70-60A1-4032-9541-DADB0C9FE140 (resized).JPG59703606999__786F7F70-60A1-4032-9541-DADB0C9FE140 (resized).JPG
IMG_7102 (resized).JPGIMG_7102 (resized).JPG

Here's a write-up for details if you are interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting/page/14#post-5340571

#6094 4 years ago

Shooter meter kits are coming along nicely and will be shipping next week. I'll be sending more pm's and invoices as kits are completed.

Tom

#6095 4 years ago

Hey folks -

Lost lower coils, both lower flippers and trough kick out and slings - suspect a fuse but wanted to ask what else to look for?

Thanks
Neil

#6096 4 years ago

Re-seated a few connectors and they are back!

#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

Hello All!

I am interested in joining the club. Anybody wanting to sell?

100-day Bump.  Still looking to join the club. I am in Colorado but will drive almost to Sacramento on the first few days of January. Anybody along that itinerary that is interested to sell, please let me know. Looking mostly at a game without mod, but interested in everything. Not interested in getting a game shipped to me: will inspect and pay in person.

#6098 4 years ago

I have the LED speaker kit. Could I add another LED strip to put on the back of my backbox that would also be color changing? Would it harm anything to grab the RGB and power off of the interface board that came with the speaker kit or would that hurt it in any way?

#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I have the LED speaker kit. Could I add another LED strip to put on the back of my backbox that would also be color changing? Would it harm anything to grab the RGB and power off of the interface board that came with the speaker kit or would that hurt it in any way?

I wouldn't use more than a couple feet but yeah that should be fine. In the one we have, spooky stuffed both sets of speaker led wires in one connector, leaving the other one open for use.

#6100 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

I wouldn't use more than a couple feet but yeah that should be fine. In the one we have, spooky stuffed both sets of speaker led wires in one connector, leaving the other one open for use.

What about the 12v? Where would be an easy spot to grab that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/122?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.