(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 239.
#5951 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

A typical leaf switch gap is 3/16". Tighter if you want it to be more sensitive. Too right and it'll continuously fire. Get one of these if you dont have one.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html
Always have the machine OFF when adjusting switches.

Thanks very much! I'll order the tool and make the adjustment.

#5952 4 years ago
Quoted from beekey:

Hello all, does anyone have insight on the production runs and production numbers of TNA? I ordered number 500 NIB, seller told me it was the last one built, but I guess this might not be the truth..

That was likely the last one built of that "batch"
Spooky tends to make batches of 50 games at a time with part ordering/etc... They are a bootique place and only have so much room.

TNA was an edition size of 550 total games, but they have always said that they will make more if there is demand for them.

As I understand it, when they have demand for another 50 games and the ability to slot them in between other production then they will make them.
It sounds like ACNC is nearing completion of production and there may be another run of 50? or 100? more TNA games with some slightly different art but no real changes.

After that, I assume we see Scott game #2 go in to full production and TNA no longer built for at least another 2 years (assuming Scott D game # sells like hot cakes and that takes up production time).

#5953 4 years ago
Quoted from beekey:

Hello all, does anyone have insight on the production runs and production numbers of TNA? I ordered number 500 NIB, seller told me it was the last one built, but I guess this might not be the truth..

550 were made. #550 was auctioned off at the Pinball Life open house last Friday.

#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was likely the last one built of that "batch"
Spooky tends to make batches of 50 games at a time with part ordering/etc... They are a bootique place and only have so much room.
TNA was an edition size of 550 total games, but they have always said that they will make more if there is demand for them.
As I understand it, when they have demand for another 50 games and the ability to slot them in between other production then they will make them.
It sounds like ACNC is nearing completion of production and there may be another run of 50? or 100? more TNA games with some slightly different art but no real changes.
After that, I assume we see Scott game #2 go in to full production and TNA no longer built for at least another 2 years (assuming Scott D game # sells like hot cakes and that takes up production time).

Just to clarify, if TNA goes into production again, the art will not be changing. There may be some cosmetic changes to the side rails or other little things, but nothing will change that you could not bolt right on to the first run of TNA machines. A TNA run will most likely not happen between ACNC and Haunted House Party.
--Scott

#5955 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Just to clarify, if TNA goes into production again, the art will not be changing. There may be some cosmetic changes to the side rails or other little things, but nothing will change that you could not bolt right on to the first run of TNA machines. A TNA run will most likely not happen between ACNC and Haunted House Party.
--Scott

Thanks for the clarity and glad to hear!!!

Really looking forward to announcement of your next game. Any info on when we may hear more about it?

#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for the clarity and glad to hear!!!
Really looking forward to announcement of your next game. Any info on when we may hear more about it?

Didn't Kaneda's made that announcement in last podcast? Don't want to spoil it.

#5957 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Didn't Kaneda's made that announcement in last podcast? Don't want to spoil it.

He has zero credibility.

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

He has zero credibility.

Zero credibility and a complete Dbag if he would spoil it anyway. WTF would anyone want to do that to spooky and Scott? Let them announce when they are ready and enjoy that experience.

#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hitting the power button on the computer worked. Thanks Scott![quoted image]

I am also getting the no signal. What power button are you talking about? I don't see one.

Thanks.

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I am also getting the no signal. What power button are you talking about? I don't see one.
Thanks.

Start by checking the HDMI cable from the CPU to the display panel. make sure it secure. if that looks good, then (with the game on) use your finger to locate the "power button" on the CPU. it is located under the barrel plug connector in the lower right corner of the CPU board. push this button and see if it comes on.

otherwise, you can email [email protected] and they can assist you more.

#5961 4 years ago

Hi all, I’ve been a long time admirer of TNA, and for the first time was lucky enough to play it yesterday. I’m in love! It has it all. Amazing sound, gameplay, light show, and incredibly tension. Amazing pin.

I have limited space and limited funds, but I immediately wanted it. What can I sell to get it!!??!!

My collection is smallish and currently can’t expand so would need to sell something to fit a TNA in.

The only pin I have which is remotely similar to TNA is Quicksilver. I’m currently restoring it so have no intention of selling it. I like to have pins of varying style, era, depth etc and wonder whether it’ll suit.

I have:
Funhouse - First Pin, fully restored, could not sell
Monster Bash LE - Latest pin, sentimental fav
Quicksilver - Currently restoring, amazing game. Super simple, great sound and speed
Jurassic Park LE - yet to arrive, but already looks to be a grand slam.
Whirlwind - Will be my next resto. Cannot stop playing

How do you keep TNA in a small collection?? What have you sold to bring it in? It’s such a niche game. Can you have a Quicksilver and TNA in a 5-6 game collection?

#5962 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Hi all, I’ve been a long time admirer of TNA, and for the first time was lucky enough to play it yesterday. I’m in love! It has it all. Amazing sound, gameplay, light show, and incredibly tension. Amazing pin.
I have limited space and limited funds, but I immediately wanted it. What can I sell to get it!!??!!
My collection is smallish and currently can’t expand so would need to sell something to fit a TNA in.
The only pin I have which is remotely similar to TNA is Quicksilver. I’m currently restoring it so have no intention of selling it. I like to have pins of varying style, era, depth etc and wonder whether it’ll suit.
I have:
Quicksilver - Currently restoring, amazing game. Super simple, great sound and speed
How do you keep TNA in a small collection?? What have you sold to bring it in? It’s such a niche game. Can you have a Quicksilver and TNA in a 5-6 game collection?

Personally I sold my beloved STTNG to pick up TNA. No regrets.

I too have a small collection and it becomes difficult to swap games out to bring new ones in. My rule of thumb is if I really want the new game enough then it will be obvious which of my existing games would have to go. If you want TNA but not enough to sell one of the others, then you don't really want TNA that much after all, do you?

As to whether you can have TNA and Quicksilver in the same small collection, of course you can. They are really nothing alike other than on the simpler side re: rules. It comes down to the kind of games you enjoy. I like games that give me a specific feeling/experience when I play them. Doesn't matter if they are long players filled with modes, etc. or fast and furious, so long as they take me to a "place" when I play them. I have to have a connection with them to want them in my collection.

Based on your comments I'd say you already have that with your current lineup so unless you can "squeeze one more in" you might want to put TNA on the backburner for now.

#5963 4 years ago

--Scott

Thanks for the clarity Scott, the rumour mill was starting to do it's thing.

I'm so pumped for your next game, but also dreading it for the reasons mentioned in my post above.

#5964 4 years ago

Joined the club last night.. Excited to get this to the game room later today..

20191026_183242 (resized).jpg20191026_183242 (resized).jpg
#5965 4 years ago

I was just thinking how cool it was in the basement (my wife is using the fireplace upstairs, which is just one room over from the thermostat).

Nothing like a brisk game of TNA to remedy that! I was literally sweating. To me there is nothing more intense in pinball than trying to destroy the reactors, especially later in the game.

Had #7 lit, but obviously didn't destroy it. One of my best games.
15722060257304709724203410344620 (resized).jpg15722060257304709724203410344620 (resized).jpg

#5966 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Zero credibility and a complete Dbag if he would spoil it anyway. WTF would anyone want to do that to spooky and Scott? Let them announce when they are ready and enjoy that experience.

Says the guy with TONS of credibility.

#5967 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Personally I sold my beloved STTNG to pick up TNA. No regrets.
I too have a small collection and it becomes difficult to swap games out to bring new ones in. My rule of thumb is if I really want the new game enough then it will be obvious which of my existing games would have to go. If you want TNA but not enough to sell one of the others, then you don't really want TNA that much after all, do you?
As to whether you can have TNA and Quicksilver in the same small collection, of course you can. They are really nothing alike other than on the simpler side re: rules. It comes down to the kind of games you enjoy. I like games that give me a specific feeling/experience when I play them. Doesn't matter if they are long players filled with modes, etc. or fast and furious, so long as they take me to a "place" when I play them. I have to have a connection with them to want them in my collection.
Based on your comments I'd say you already have that with your current lineup so unless you can "squeeze one more in" you might want to put TNA on the backburner for now.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply in such depth. Whirlwind is the only one I could possibly part with, which is odd as it’s the one I play the most. So I would most likely regret it.

I’ve been in contact with the owner and it seems it may have already sold, so the decision may have been taken out of my hands. There aren’t many TNA’s in Australia so I may have missed my chance.

#5968 4 years ago

Just had a customer text me that TNA is taking dollars and quarters and not awarding credits, even after reboot. Any ideas as to what it might be if it's not just a "doh coin door cable magically got unplugged" type situation?

Edit: Due to the intermittent-ness I chased wires on the door for a long time and finally stumbled on this:

Surprised it held up so long!

20191028_124735.jpg20191028_124735.jpg
#5969 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Start by checking the HDMI cable from the CPU to the display panel. make sure it secure. if that looks good, then (with the game on) use your finger to locate the "power button" on the CPU. it is located under the barrel plug connector in the lower right corner of the CPU board. push this button and see if it comes on.
otherwise, you can email [email protected] and they can assist you more.

I found the tiny button and it worked. Thanks.

#5970 4 years ago

I'm back in the club! This is the first pin I've owned that I bought back. Missed the multiplayer action way too much.
Just sent the invoice to Spooky yesterday for a shaker and led speaker kit. Can't wait to get this fully cleaned and modded up.

WHAT A GREAT GAME!

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Joined the club last night.. Excited to get this to the game room later today..[quoted image]

Now you're talkin'

#5972 4 years ago

People that have the green plastic protectors:

Do you like them?
Does it mess with the light show in a bad way?
It looks like in 1.4 Scott added a different light show for the colored protectors, if so how does that look?

Thanks!

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

People that have the green plastic protectors:
Do you like them?
Does it mess with the light show in a bad way?
It looks like in 1.4 Scott added a different light show for the colored protectors, if so how does that look?
Thanks!

I saw the green plastics at the Pinball Life open house...and bought the last set they had there. In the latest Beta code, you can change MB color scheme to blue, which makes the edges of the plastic glow bright green Very awesome effect.

When I first saw pictures of them in this thread, I was like ehhhh, but then saw them in person and was sold.

#5974 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I saw the green plastics at the Pinball Life open house...and bought the last set they had there. In the latest Beta code, you can change MB color scheme to blue, which makes the edges of the plastic glow bright green Very awesome effect.
When I first saw pictures of them in this thread, I was like ehhhh, but then saw them in person and was sold.

Fantastic to hear! Did it have the pink plastics on the bottom or was it green all over?

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Fantastic to hear! Did it have the pink plastics on the bottom or was it green all over?

Green all over. It comes for every piece of plastic on the game.

#5976 4 years ago

I'm such a sucker. I bought the game with clear protectors, then bought the red ones, then I bought the green set!

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I'm such a sucker. I bought the game with clear protectors, then bought the red ones, then I bought the green set!

Me too.

#5978 4 years ago

So Scott, you feel green is the way to go? I mean it is your game after all.

You still enjoying the clear drop targets? Any idea on how to light them without reusing the other lights in front?

#5979 4 years ago

Green looks awesome , damnit now I’m going to have t buy some.

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I was just thinking how cool it was in the basement (my wife is using the fireplace upstairs, which is just one room over from the thermostat).
Nothing like a brisk game of TNA to remedy that! I was literally sweating. To me there is nothing more intense in pinball than trying to destroy the reactors, especially later in the game.
Had #7 lit, but obviously didn't destroy it. One of my best games.
[quoted image]

Are you set to 10-ball game? I’d need that and maybe another 10 extra balls to even come close to that...maybe.

#5981 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Are you set to 10-ball game? I’d need that and maybe another 10 extra balls to even come close to that...maybe.

He’s pretty good , he took at least $1 (probably more ) from me on TNA at the pinballlife open house .

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So Scott, you feel green is the way to go? I mean it is your game after all.
You still enjoying the clear drop targets? Any idea on how to light them without reusing the other lights in front?

Hey there! I really do like the green protectors as they really do some cool futuristic looking stuff with the blue in the lightshows. Honestly, this is still a mod and you need to decide if you really like it or not. I did put them on my personal game and enjoy them though!

I have not yet set up a way to light the clear drops, but I will get to it. I am probably just going to make a kit with 3 leds and a new harness in it to light them. Then I can control them with the software. I will keep the group here posted.

--Scott

#5983 4 years ago

Hey there! I really do like the green protectors as they really do some cool futuristic looking stuff with the blue in the lightshows. Honestly, this is still a mod and you need to decide if you really like it or not. I did put them on my personal game and enjoy them though!
I have not yet set up a way to light the clear drops, but I will get to it. I am probably just going to make a kit with 3 leds and a new harness in it to light them. Then I can control them with the software. I will keep the group here posted.
--Scott

I love the idea of a kit. The more lights the better. Thank you for such a fantastic game!

#5984 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I have the outlanes set to the easiest setting. I do this on all my games unless they get too easy for me (TAF I set to medium).

3-ball game. I just play this game a lot and have gotten good at live catches, locking balls, etc. I have destroyed #7 a couple times. I feel like I could possibly beat the game one day if I get better, but those last few reactors are tough.

#5985 4 years ago

I found that the green/pink plastic is thicker than the clear stock. The nuts don't have many threads to hold on with, and the screws on the outlanes were too short. Had to go buy longer ones from home depot.

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

I found that the green/pink plastic is thicker than the clear stock. The nuts don't have many threads to hold on with, and the screws on the outlanes were too short. Had to go buy longer ones from home depot.

I didnt have any issues installing the green protectors. I used all the same hardware as initially.

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I didnt have any issues installing the green protectors. I used all the same hardware as initially.

I had to replace the outlane post screws with longer screws when I installed the red protectors, which I am guessing are the same thickness as these new green ones.

#5988 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I had to replace the outlane post screws with longer screws when I installed the red protectors, which I am guessing are the same thickness as these new green ones.

That's instersting. I was early-ish run #163. I wonder if they changed hardware at some point in the run.

#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I have:

My collection is not too small, was lucky to add TNA without selling anything. For me TNA is the only game I have that plays like TNA.

#5990 4 years ago

--Scott

To be honest you should look into the brighter siren light that has been posted in this thread. It’s much nicer not that expensive.

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To be honest you should look into the brighter siren light that has been posted in this thread. It’s much nicer not that expensive.

It's a beacon, sirens make noise

#5992 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's instersting. I was early-ish run #163. I wonder if they changed hardware at some point in the run.

Maybe. I'm #412. Not a big deal since it was only two screws and I had some longer ones.

#5993 4 years ago

--Scott

Sweet! I'd definitely be a buyer. Awesome that you're still tweaking this thing all while working on the new one.

#5994 4 years ago

So I just noticed during start up that the inserts and GI closer to the pop bumper look more yellowish white than pure white. You can see this during gameplay as well and it looks like they almost flicker between the yellowish white and pure white. Any thoughts on what to check?

IMG_8320 (resized).jpegIMG_8320 (resized).jpegIMG_8319 (resized).jpegIMG_8319 (resized).jpeg
#5995 4 years ago

Check the power connector to your green led controller board for those lights. Might be coming loose. I have seen this on a test rig I have for some Leds.

#5996 4 years ago

Check the power connector to your green led controller board for those lights. Might be coming loose. I have seen this on a test rig I have for some Leds.

That was it! Looks like the only connector that wasn’t hot glued. Thanks!

#5997 4 years ago

Hey all, using the latest beta code (I upgraded from 1.21 a few days ago, shaker seems used alot more since), and after starting a reactor, the shaker is going continually and can I hear load random-ish load crackle/interference from the speakers, I think from the back box. This started yesterday, and dont recall it for the first couple of days on this code, or the couple of days I had the game before. During the rest of game play sounds are fine. Wondering if anyone has had this happen, ideas on what to look for ? Should I search for a loose connection somewhere ?

#5998 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Hey all, using the latest beta code (I upgraded from 1.21 a few days ago, shaker seems used alot more since), and after starting a reactor, the shaker is going continually and can I hear load random-ish load crackle/interference from the speakers, I think from the back box. This started yesterday, and dont recall it for the first couple of days on this code, or the couple of days I had the game before. During the rest of game play sounds are fine. Wondering if anyone has had this happen, ideas on what to look for ? Should I search for a loose connection somewhere ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/108#post-5001097

#5999 4 years ago

Thanks, will play with those tonite!

Editted: That was is, just popped in/out connections on the amp, they did not seem terribly loose, but couple games in, no more crackle/static..

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Anyone having an issue with the ball getting stuck in the scoop and getting a drop target error? It keeps happening on my game but when I reboot it works fine. It is driving me fk'n crazy.

Did you ever figure this out?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,928 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/120?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.