(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,938 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by SeikoKid
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 239.
#551 6 years ago

A little more shine never hurt.

20171203_171129 (resized).jpg20171203_171129 (resized).jpg

#552 6 years ago

Ive got this waiting for mine when it arrives.

CD7F8B64-75AC-4108-A0E6-AABB00BEC8E2 (resized).jpegCD7F8B64-75AC-4108-A0E6-AABB00BEC8E2 (resized).jpeg

#553 6 years ago

i've been watching a few videos and man this game is growing on me.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

I see you have a STpro. I almost had one and the dude changed his mind. That led to me discovering TNA and now I have a deposit down.

#555 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

The more I play it the more I like it. Only have about 170 games on mine but gave it a work out yesterday.

#556 6 years ago

#231 right here, can't wait.

#557 6 years ago

Anyone know the backbox width of TNA?

Edit: And depending on the answer to that question, does anyone know how difficult it would be to remove the backbox? Thinking about logistics here.

#558 6 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Anyone know the backbox width of TNA?
Edit: And depending on the answer to that question, does anyone know how difficult it would be to remove the backbox? Thinking about logistics here.

Back box is 28 3/4" wide. To remove the head, there are just two carriage bolts that hold the hinges and what appears to be about a dozen cables that need to be disconnected. It all looks pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This game is going to be our best seller ever... I truly believe that.
Scott Danesi is awesome!

Have you considered making him a Spooky employee?? One could easily argue, he has the mind and passion to become a great designer.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Have you considered making him a Spooky employee?? One could easily argue, he has the mind and passion to become a great designer.

I was thinking this exact thing on the way to class tonight.

#561 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I'm curious?
What does TNA do absent a real knocker? I hope it doesn't sound like my Stern does with that annoying screech sound.

Real knocker. You buy it from Pinball Life.

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Have you considered making him a Spooky employee??

Yes. But I'm pretty sure his current employer needs him too, and we kind of need his current employer.

I hope TnA is just the start for Scott... time will tell. Pretty sure young talented guys like him and Eric (JJP) are just what this business needs.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Real knocker. You buy it from Pinball Life.

Your answer doesn't fit the question?
But never mind. Spooky Charlie already explained it to me.

#564 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Pretty sure young talented guys like him and Eric (JJP)

SpookyCharlie , comments like this reflect class. Thanks for being able to recognize and willing to acknowledge talent across the industry!

#565 6 years ago

Care to share with the rest of us?

#566 6 years ago

What did he say? I don't see the post. I personally ordered the knocker because I love the knocker...however I will say I don't love the knocker when you cannot control the knocker volume. For example, my friend has a TOM machine that scares the sh*t out of me every time it goes off.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

What did he say? I don't see the post. I personally ordered the knocker because I love the knocker...however I will say I don't love the knocker when you cannot control the knocker volume. For example, my friend has a TOM machine that scares the sh*t out of me every time it goes off.

All the coil strengths can be adjusted. This includes the knocker. So yes, it can be adjusted.

#568 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Not really a volume control on a mechanical knocker unless you put a rubber stop on it (like TAF) or if solenoid power is controlled directly for the knocker.

#569 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Not really a volume control on a mechanical knocker unless you put a rubber stop on it (like TAF) or if solenoid power is controlled directly for the knocker.

If I know Scott, it’s in the menu

#570 6 years ago

I love the loud "snap" of a knocker! If you want to quiet it, a piece of thick felt, like for the bottom of chair or table legs, works well to quiet it a bit.

#571 6 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar and mandraws should put out a comic to tell the story of TNA (so what if Dialed In did it first )

Does the hero even have a name?

#572 6 years ago

Sarge and I thought TNA was too easy so we put in 4 glo balls for tonight’s games.

Hah! It kicked our ass even more than usual.

11A7F554-47E0-4FDF-9775-0C6A7BAE4FEC (resized).jpeg11A7F554-47E0-4FDF-9775-0C6A7BAE4FEC (resized).jpeg

#573 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Sarge and I thought TNA was too easy so we put in 4 glo balls for tonight’s games.

Video of that would be awesome!

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Totally ANNIHILATED us!
IF there was ever a proper time to use the word "Savage" this would truly be that time.
Epic fun!
It was laughable at first, but I couldn't STOP!

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Back box is 28 3/4" wide. To remove the head, there are just two carriage bolts that hold the hinges and what appears to be about a dozen cables that need to be disconnected. It all looks pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

Great, thanks for checking! Doesn’t sound too bad.

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Care to share with the rest of us?

It works in coil test in diagnostics, but is mainly for game play. I don't know exactly which events trigger it, but I would assume high scores and maybe free games.

If you don't get the knocker, it will give you a speech prompt for the awards, but no ugly "screech" sound like s Stern cabinet gives you.

#577 6 years ago

It works in coil test in diagnostics, but is mainly for game play. I don't know exactly which events trigger it, but I would assume high scores and maybe free games.
If you don't get the knocker, it will give you a speech prompt for the awards, but no ugly "screech" sound like s Stern cabinet gives you.

Note to self...must get knocker...

#578 6 years ago

It knocks when you get an extra ball during game play . You get an extra ball for making it to reactor #3 . It also knocks if you get the match at the end of the game .

#579 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It knocks when you get an extra ball during game play . You get an extra ball for making it to reactor #3 . It also knocks if you get the match at the end of the game .

I love knockers!

I hope it knocks 3 times when you put up a GC score! Old school!

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

100000% please! (I have not installed my knocker yet)

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I love the loud "snap" of a knocker! If you want to quiet it, a piece of thick felt, like for the bottom of chair or table legs, works well to quiet it a bit.

Sound was ear piercing before the felt was there, works wonders. Still a solid knock but muffled down a few levels.

IMG_20171206_153019 (resized).jpgIMG_20171206_153019 (resized).jpg

#582 6 years ago

I wonder if it is 25 to install both or 25 each. Not a big deal, just wondering.

417AE69D-5B46-419F-8500-4B416F5C1790 (resized).jpeg417AE69D-5B46-419F-8500-4B416F5C1790 (resized).jpeg

#583 6 years ago

Good question. If it’s each I’m definitely installing myself

#584 6 years ago

I don't have my invoice handy but pretty sure I was only charged once for installation of my RZ knocker and shaker.

#585 6 years ago

$25 for one or both.

#586 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I love knockers!

Great idea!
You should send a PM to TheNoTrashCougar and request it.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

$25 for one or both.

Thanks KT!

#588 6 years ago

Does anyone know how many per week are getting produced? I’m looking at sometime in March as an ETA and I’m number 230. I don’t know when they started pumping them out but that sounds like 20-25 a week I’m guessing. I’m very excited,I definitely should have pulled the trigger a while ago.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I’m very excited,I definitely should have pulled the trigger a while ago.

You must take a cold shower! LOL

I would also like to know.
#189 here.
I would be surprised if they're up to that number per week! But I hope so.

#590 6 years ago

You must take a cold shower! LOL

I would also like to know.
#189 here.
I would be surprised if they're up to that number per week! But I hope so.

I think Charlie said once things get cranking they should be doing 10-12 a week.

#591 6 years ago

When we installed the knocker on RZ. It was good and loud. A satisfying knock when you get n extra ball. Install on TNA should be similar.
I kept catching people off guard with it in test mode and the box open. Ha ha.

#592 6 years ago

Watching people jump when a nice, loud knocker fires is part of the fun.

My wife was playing AMH last night, and during the match sequence, she covered her ears. I had to tell her that AMH doesn't have a knocker since the code doesn't support it. I did complete a proof of concept project using v22 code to add knocker support, but the v23 improvements trump the knocker.

#593 6 years ago

Just paid my deposit #250!!!!! Now for the wait........

#594 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just paid my deposit!!!!! Now for the wait........

Welcome to the club! Let us know your number when you know!

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Welcome to the club! Let us know your number when you know!

Sorry, must have been posting just as I edited my post......#250

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the 4 coins??? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4706

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just paid my deposit #250!!!!! Now for the wait........

Holy crap! These are selling like hotcakes! Now my #167 doesn't sound too bad

#597 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the 4 coins??? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4706

It's a "sac rack," which is used for $1 games. Each person put one Golden Sac (Sacagawea dollar) in the slot. It is just to make it easier than having paper money on the glass. Also helps when there might have been too much alcohol involved and someone puts a $10 (or $100) down instead of a $1.

#598 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nice! 25 since my order not long ago!

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It's a "sac rack," which is used for $1 games. Each person put one Golden Sac (Sacagawea dollar) in the slot. It is just to make it easier than having paper money on the glass. Also helps when there might have been too much alcohol involved and someone puts a $10 (or $100) down instead of a $1.

This bar near my place uses this thing called PayRange (https://www.payrange.com/) which is absolutely awesome. Basically you hold your phone near the game and swipe up to coin in.

#600 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

This bar near my place uses this thing called PayRange (https://www.payrange.com/) which is absolutely awesome. Basically you hold your phone near the game and swipe up to coin in.

Sacs and their rack aren't for buying in. They're for betting. Payrange allow for that? Everybody digitally transfer a dollar to some holding pen, then to the winner? No? Awww.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.