(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 239.
#5851 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Question:
Got a credit dot, and figured it must be the right scoop which I rarely hit. So I'm not sure how to see which switch is causing the credit dot. Hitting the scoop didn't immediately clear it. Just found a "clear service notifications" option. So I cleared it, but then had to restart the game. Just wondering how to see what triggers a credit dot.
Muchas gracias.

Next time that happens, go into the serive menu and select the Error Report. That will tell you what is going on. You can look at it even before a credit dot is issued and see any potential issues. It could be a jam opto, or shooter lane switch issue.

Hope that helps.
--Scott

#5852 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Next time that happens, go into the serive menu and select the Error Report. That will tell you what is going on. You can look at it even before a credit dot is issued and see any potential issues. It could be a jam opto, or shooter lane switch issue.
Hope that helps.
--Scott

Thanks! I'm going to go in there and poke around. I didn't see that option, but I may have been a teeny bit impatient

#5853 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks! I'm going to go in there and poke around. I didn't see that option, but I may have been a teeny bit impatient

It's under Statistics>Error Report

#5854 4 years ago

Anyone ever get a sudden random weak flip?

#5855 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Usually a flipper switch. I dug into this issue on a game once and spent hours in the code and looking for overheating issues and it turned out just to be a flipper switch out of adjustment. Note to future self..... check the easy stuff first!
--Scott

#5856 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

This can also occur if a bunch of coils are firing at once. Happened all the time when the reactor core switches were too close together and a single ball hit with make them rapid pulse a bunch of times (before latest beta). The flippers would either not fire at all or be weak sauce.

#5857 4 years ago

Our left scoop optos have been acting up lately at random, even firing the coil in attract mode. Nothing is interfering and the solder joints are fine

#5858 4 years ago

TNA owners! If you don't mind can you answer my poll in my other post?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-size-collection-fits-a-tna#post-5226724

Basically trying to figure out what size collection best fits a TNA. Thanks!

#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Our left scoop optos have been acting up lately at random, even firing the coil in attract mode. Nothing is interfering and the solder joints are fine

I am having this same problem. I was able to get it to go nuts in switch test jiggling one of the wires daisy chained to the left. When I went back to fix it a day later I could not reproduce the problem and everything was fine. No amount of yanking or jiggling could get the opto to go inactive and all behaved normally. I was hoping for a break in the wire but I think it's some other kind of gremlin.

#5860 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Check your opto wiring. Look all the way back to the opto resistor board. Check to make sure the wire is making a good connection to the IDC connecors.

#5861 4 years ago

Anybody have their TNA bricked during update?

#5862 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Does yours appear bricked? What's it doing? Boot looping?

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

not that i am aware of. what seems to be the issue?

#5865 4 years ago

Maybe "boot looping."

#5866 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Maybe "boot looping."

Have you tried booting it with the update flash drive plugged in, to attempt to re-update? And also, which version are you attempting to update to?

#5867 4 years ago

Does your lcd screen show/ say anything while trying to boot? You may have loosened the wire that goes to the lcd , when you removed your thumb drive after update . Game won’t boot with a bad connection to lcd.

#5868 4 years ago

The updates do not mess with the operating system of the game, so it is super unlikely an update caused a brick scenario. Which version were you updating to? Also, try and re-download the file and update again. You should be back up and running in no time.

--Scott

#5869 4 years ago

Thanks, Scott. Thanks everyone. I'll have Kris (my tech) look at this. Hoping to play more soon!!!

#5870 4 years ago

The TNA I have here has suddenly, randomly started putting extra balls into play, should I be looking at trough switches ( wouldn't a dodgy trough switch cause games to end prematurely? ) , jam opto or shooter lane switch?

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

The TNA I have here has suddenly, randomly started putting extra balls into play, should I be looking at trough switches ( wouldn't a dodgy trough switch cause games to end prematurely? ) , jam opto or shooter lane switch?

Wish mine would do that. Maybe I'd get past reactor 5 for once.

#5872 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

not that i am aware of. what seems to be the issue?

Yea random lights started coming on. Im gonna reinstall the previous version

#5873 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wish mine would do that. Maybe I'd get past reactor 5 for once.

Mine did that before. It was a cracked solder joint on the opto board power socket. Wiggle the connectors to the opto boards to the trough and if it triggers it thats the one

#5874 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Does yours appear bricked? What's it doing? Boot looping?

boot looping sounds about right.
Tries to boot, about 3 seconds in it resets, then it tries again about 3-5 more times, only less text each time than the first. Then it stays at a blank screen. GI lights all on white, score displays scrolling.

Tried to reflash it and it says updating and update finished then when rebooting it does the same thing.
Maybe I can try reflashing it again with a different USB. Latest version from the website

Spooky suggesting moving the USB cables to different sockets on the processor board and that didn't do anything.

TNA boot screen (resized).pngTNA boot screen (resized).png
#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

When mine was doing what you described, including lights not being right, was due to bottom lock opto transmitter not working. It would start multiball from shooter lane thinking there was a ball in the bottom lock when there was not.... the opto transmitter connector wasn't fully punched. Fixing that solved all the wierd issues. Check all your lock opto transmitters are lit (my mobile phone camera showed up IR light to check this).

Hope that helps somehow

#5876 4 years ago

I had that problem also Kevin, Spooky sent me new trough onto boards and that fixed it.

On another topic, I keep getting the odd drop target error message but the drops seem to work ok - any ideas?

#5877 4 years ago

Turned out to be the jam opto, connector wiggle fix

#5878 4 years ago

kbliznick yeah I'm betting the USB is funny or the update file is corrupted. Try downloading with a different browser and a different USB.

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

kbliznick yeah I'm betting the USB is funny or the update file is corrupted. Try downloading with a different browser and a different USB.

It's the Russian, I say. Will make you play less pinball and drink more Vodka.

#5880 4 years ago

For anyone interested in my Nanoleaf/Hue lighting setup wired to the beacon, I made a github repo for the project.
https://github.com/camprevail/pinballESPlighting/

#5881 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

For anyone interested in my Nanoleaf/Hue lighting setup wired to the beacon, I made a github repo for the project.

What's the approx. cost of the setup?

I wouldn't have the slightest idea on where to begin after doing a little looking around...

#5882 4 years ago

Well shit... That is cool as hell. I guess I need to do that now too.

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Thank you for sharing!! This is awesome!

#5884 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Thank you for sharing!! This is awesome!

I can't figure out what it is? Pics or vid?

#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't figure out what it is? Pics or vid?

It's a way to sync Phillips HUE lights to the beacon on TNA. I would LOVE to do this with my HUE bulbs. Unfortunately I think the process of building and coding this is over my head. It would be awesome if somebody would put a nice package of this together to sell. **hint hint**

#5886 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Well shit... That is cool as hell. I guess I need to do that now too.

Great, let us know when it's available on PinballLife.

#5887 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

It's a way to sync Phillips HUE lights to the beacon on TNA. I would LOVE to do this with my HUE bulbs. Unfortunately I think the process of building and coding this is over my head. It would be awesome if somebody would put a nice package of this together to sell. **hint hint**

I made it as simple as possible so all you have to do is update a few variables at the top of the arduino code with your Nanoleaf IP, Wifi SSID & Password, Nanoleaf API key, etc. Unfortunately even sold as a kit, you'd still have to add that stuff to the code and upload it yourself. But the entire build process is pretty well explained in the github readme page.

If you wanted to use hue lights though, the code will require just a little bit of tweaking.

#5888 4 years ago

FatPanda Appx. cost is $20. Links to parts are the first few lines on the github page.

#5889 4 years ago

I'm having an issue lately with the 3rd drop target not going down when hit trying to relight locks. (CPU control works fine.) Is that a common issue? Haven't had time to look under the hood yet.

#5890 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

fatpanda Appx. cost is $20. Links to parts are the first few lines on the github page.

I saw those costs. Thanks! It looks like the nanoleaf panels are where the bulk of the cost will be. I'll have to keep looking into this as it's a really awesome accent to any game room.

#5891 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I'm having an issue lately with the 3rd drop target not going down when hit trying to relight locks. (CPU control works fine.) Is that a common issue? Haven't had time to look under the hood yet.

Probably a dirty or hung up drop target. Lift the playfield and see if you can get it to go up and down manually with your finger. Most likely just getting caught or something. This is assuming that you tried it in the Drop Target Test in the service menu and it works fine there.
--Scott

#5892 4 years ago

Thanks, Charlie and Scott (and Kris)! TNA's running like a champ again!

#5893 4 years ago

Update for everyone about the meters. The first handful have finally been completed and shipped this morning. Tomorrow I will be posting a seperate thread containing installation and adjustment instructions. Finally Monday I will begin to pm the first batch waiting list as kits become available. Be one the lookout tomorrow and can't wait to see these out in the wild.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nh15TjevN89wyNWr6

#5894 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Update for everyone about the meters. The first handful have finally been completed and shipped this morning. Tomorrow I will be posting a seperate thread containing installation and adjustment instructions. Finally Monday I will begin to pm the first batch waiting list as kits become available. Be one the lookout tomorrow and can't wait to see these out in the wild.

This looks amazing! Cant wait to get mine installed! Hopefully soon

#5895 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Fantastic news twhtalm - definitely looking forward to this mod. The video makes the plunger tracking action look super-smooth and very responsive. My inbox is ready!

#5896 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Just watched the video. Very cool. Does this help with getting plunged shots to fall through the lanes. I have a very tough time with that even after a year or whatever of ownership.

#5897 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just watched the video. Very cool. Does this help with getting plunged shots to fall through the lanes. I have a very tough time with that even after a year or whatever of ownership.

I went from 1 in 5 making it through the lanes to multiples in a row. Once the sweet spot on the display was found it became much easier but not a gimme. Don't forget to give the machine a good nudge while the ball passes through the gates.

#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Watching my inbox. Cool cool mod

#5899 4 years ago

Would doing a playfield swap on this machine require soldering?

#5900 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I have been thinking just changing the shooter spring to one that is not as strong might help. Anybody try a weaker spring on the shooter rod for plunged shots ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/118?hl=jeewiz13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.