(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 239.
#5801 4 years ago

New! Exclusive! Dare I say EPIC mod?

Just kidding, it's just a usb extension ran to the coin door. When you're slightly wider than the space you left between the games, this helps a lot.

10' usb male to female extension cable (around $4 on amazon.

Works great.

And yes, you can load all your p-roc game updates on the same flash drive as the system looks for a specific title to update that specific game (you can also do this with jjp delta updates).

20190831_075240 (resized).jpg20190831_075240 (resized).jpg20190831_075256 (resized).jpg20190831_075256 (resized).jpg20190831_075334 (resized).jpg20190831_075334 (resized).jpg20190831_075339 (resized).jpg20190831_075339 (resized).jpg20190831_075509 (resized).jpg20190831_075509 (resized).jpg
#5802 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just kidding, it's just a usb extension ran to the coin door. When you're slightly wider than the space you left between the games, this helps a lot.
Works great.
And yes, you can load all your p-roc game updates on the same flash drive as the system looks for a specific title to update that specific game (you can also do this with jjp delta updates).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it. Did the same thing to my game to help speed up dev testing.

#5803 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe we can take spare led boards and splice in to the existing insert ones in such a manner that they would be programmed identically? Probably not possible the way these things are individually addressable...

Maybe two LEDs on one board/address like the sling boards done by TimeBandit for Alien ... ?

#5804 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Maybe two LEDs on one board/address like the sling boards done by TimeBandit for Alien ... ?

Yes. I’m assuming the individual led boards couldn’t power two leds directly but one could be made that could. Or maybe there’s a way to configure the led board to “mimic” the original one so they both react to the same address (I have no idea how these actually work, clearly).

#5805 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I used to hate the way ToM used to order you around the whole game. Didn't last long in my basement...

"tickets please !"

#5806 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Works great.
And yes, you can load all your p-roc game updates on the same flash drive as the system looks for a specific title to update that specific game (you can also do this with jjp delta updates).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a great idea...

#5807 4 years ago

I love the beepgate reprise. Can you do an option in the finished code release to choose either song for the main theme? I think it would be cool to be able to switch it up sometimes.

#5808 4 years ago

Has spooky replaced chipping playfields yet? Jjp started doing this for potc.

#5809 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Has spooky replaced chipping playfields yet? Jjp started doing this for potc.

for extreme cases they did. for the majority of people that had issues, the washers were enough to cover and stop further damages.

#5810 4 years ago

I found a place that does the neoprene washers, bulk. Armouredhobbit put them on today. She said quite a few of the star posts had to be replaced; the original material definitely was no bueno, as even star posts not taking impact were failing bad..

Here's what I found for the neoprene:

https://www.primal23industrial.com/34-OD-X-316-ID-X-116-Thickness--Endeavor-Series-Neoprene-Rubber-Washers_p_27.html
E75316116 3/4" OD X 3/16" ID X 1/16" Thickness - Endeavor Series Neoprene Rubber Washers

I bought a bag of 300 for $43.95 (plus $2.95 shipping). That should last me until the neoprene dries out...

For the LOCALS near me, I also have a ton of 3/4" OD x 5/16" ID x 1/16". The holes are bigger than they need to be. If you want some, grab some at the next gathering.

#5811 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

I found a place that does the neoprene washers, bulk. armouredhobbit put them on today. She said quite a few of the star posts had to be replaced; the original material definitely was no bueno, as even star posts not taking impact were failing bad..
Here's what I found for the neoprene:
https://www.primal23industrial.com/34-OD-X-316-ID-X-116-Thickness--Endeavor-Series-Neoprene-Rubber-Washers_p_27.html
E75316116 3/4" OD X 3/16" ID X 1/16" Thickness - Endeavor Series Neoprene Rubber Washers
I bought a bag of 300 for $43.95 (plus $2.95 shipping). That should last me until the neoprene dries out...

For the LOCALS near me, I also have a ton of 3/4" OD x 5/16" ID x 1/16". The holes are bigger than they need to be. If you want some, grab some at the next gathering.

For the record I am still rocking the PET G washers (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/110#post-5067828). They are invisible and serve the same purpose as the metal washers shipping on the new games.

#5812 4 years ago

I’m having a TNA side tournament this weekend. The prize is kind of an inside joke, but I’ll explain.

It’s called “The China Syndrome”
Teams of two pay 3.6 dollars per entry.
Each team plays a two player co-op game.
The team with the most reactors destroyed wins.
No playoffs.
Entries are not limited. You can play with different team mates to get the best score.
The plan is to let people pair up and have a fun distraction while the main tournament is running.

The winning team gets two of these mugs.

DFE23556-43E8-4348-97E6-60E3E9A6EA5E (resized).jpegDFE23556-43E8-4348-97E6-60E3E9A6EA5E (resized).jpeg
#5813 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m having a TNA side tournament this weekend. The prize is kind of an inside joke, but I’ll explain.
No playoffs.
Entries are not limited. You can play with different team mates to get the best score.
The plan is to let people pair up and have a fun distraction while the main tournament is running.
The winning team gets two of these mugs.[quoted image]

Very cool! What happens if 2 teams tie?
--Scott

#5814 4 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

No playoffs.
The winning team gets two of these mugs.[quoted image]

You're delusional get to the infirmary

1557255128460 (resized).jpg1557255128460 (resized).jpg
#5815 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

#5816 4 years ago

--Scott

The graphite hits the ground?

#5817 4 years ago

We will com up with something fun.
I’ll report back after the tournament.

#5818 4 years ago

Game controlled room lighting
Hooked up an esp8266 to the beacon, it communicates with the open APIs of the Nanoleaf Aurora and the Phillips Hue track lighting.

#5819 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Game controlled room lightingHooked up an esp8266 to the beacon, it communicates with the open APIs of the Nanoleaf Aurora and the Phillips Hue track lighting.

this is awesome.

#5820 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Game controlled room lightingHooked up an esp8266 to the beacon, it communicates with the open APIs of the Nanoleaf Aurora and the Phillips Hue track lighting.

Sick, nicely done!

#5821 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Multiple light-gasms!

Also have some Aurora panels - they are very cool.

#5822 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Hilarious, I did the same thing. My Nanoleaf Aurora pattern is different, at least!

Use the entertainment zones on the Hue lights. The old system is slloooooooow. I’m just about at bridge max for lights

#5823 4 years ago

I think I remember someone on here hooking into the speaker lights on TNA and lighting their gameroom with the same colors as the speakers. That is awesome!!! I love when people do this stuff.

#5824 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Speaking of skill shots, I have an absolutely terrible time ever getting my plunge to go through the top lanes. Either too soft or too hard. Any suggestions?

You gotta bump the machine forward when it reaches the top . If the ball is going slow enough, bumping it will usually cause it to catch and fall in.

#5825 4 years ago

With all of those extra lights you're going to need one of these. Getting really close to being done with this meter and should be ready by the end of the month. It's a batch of 25 with potential for another 25 later on. Send a PM if interested in a meter and would like to be added to the list.

The gif is of the demo board which has a small issue preventing correct placement under the apron, function is otherwise 100%. Mounting issues have been addressed and final boards should be here any day. Changes are minor and the picture does reflect the final board.

Ball ready activates green forward flashes.
Auto plunger activates a white forward flash.
Analog plunger meter with gradual light levels.
4 brightness settings.
On/off for ball ready and auto plunger effects.

videotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gifvideotogif_2019.09.14_09.52.05.gif20190914_094031 (resized).jpg20190914_094031 (resized).jpg
#5826 4 years ago
Quoted from Cammy:

Cammy - Officially badass.

#5827 4 years ago

Thanks!

And twhtalm I'm sold! Will pm you!

The side lights would be cool but I hear users have had issues with them, like they just stop working. I'm assuming it's like 3in EL tape.

#5828 4 years ago

Yeah, I NEED one of those shooter lane kits.

#5829 4 years ago

Check the mail at PBL in about 2-3 weeks, you should already be expecting one.

#5830 4 years ago

Anyone see problems when 2 balls enter the left scoop at the same time? We've had it happen a couple times. Game won't ball search or try to kick them out.

#5831 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Anyone see problems when 2 balls enter the left scoop at the same time? We've had it happen a couple times. Game won't ball search or try to kick them out.

check your opto and make sure it is working properly. 2 balls entering the scoop is not an issue, it still only registers just the first ball.

#5832 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

OMG OMG!

#5833 4 years ago

I can't believe this guy is getting his before me..... What did he create the game ?!

#5834 4 years ago

check your opto and make sure it is working properly. 2 balls entering the scoop is not an issue, it still only registers just the first ball.

It works fine at all other times. If it wasn't detecting the ball, wouldn't it ball search?

Edit: turns out one of the reactor target switches was stuck closed.

#5835 4 years ago

Anyone know what springs/sleeves are being used in the TNA plunger assembly? Not seeing it in the manual

#5836 4 years ago

Here's what i added this weekend. The video starts on ball 3.

#5837 4 years ago

Quoted from twhtalm:

Uhhhh, I NEED one of those shooter lane kits too...

#5838 4 years ago

I kinda want one too, damnit!

#5839 4 years ago

Only one more spot open for the first batch of plunger meters, whoever wants it better hurry up! There will be a second batch after seeing the enthusiasm for this mod. Thanks for the interest and kind words everyone.

All first batch slots are filled as of this morning. Still sign up for batch #2.

#5840 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Only one more spot open for the first batch of plunger meters, whoever wants it better hurry up! There will be a second batch after seeing the enthusiasm for this mod. Thanks for the interest and kind words everyone.

How much $

#5841 4 years ago

$45 shipped. This will include everything required for a quick install.

#5842 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Is the spot still open? I will buy it.

#5843 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Is the spot still open? I will buy it.

First batch is full, sent you a PM.

#5844 4 years ago

I’m in too

#5845 4 years ago

I just want to give a shout out to Charlie and KT at Spooky for being awesome people based on recent interaction.

Their customer service and down-to-earth vibes are fully acknowledged (and appreciated).

Much love and respect.

#5846 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Put me down for the next batch if You’re not adding any stragglers in

#5847 4 years ago

I'm in for the next batch too

#5848 4 years ago

I’m in as well.

#5849 4 years ago

I'm in if there's a batch #2

#5850 4 years ago

Question:
Got a credit dot, and figured it must be the right scoop which I rarely hit. So I'm not sure how to see which switch is causing the credit dot. Hitting the scoop didn't immediately clear it. Just found a "clear service notifications" option. So I cleared it, but then had to restart the game. Just wondering how to see what triggers a credit dot.
Muchas gracias.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/117?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.