(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 239.
#5752 4 years ago

I've just become the lucky babysitter of a TNA . Is it normal to have the sub volume dial on the amp barely off zero? It seems hyper sensitive on this machine, turning the sub up more than a hair off zero and it becomes way overpowered and rattles the shit out of the machine. I've also played with the crossover before anyone mentions that, as well as the bass, treble and volume dials ( the latter 3 only seem to affect the backbox speakers, it that correct? )

#5753 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've just become the lucky babysitter of a TNA . Is it normal to have the sub volume dial on the amp barely off zero? It seems hyper sensitive on this machine, turning the sub up more than a hair off zero and it becomes way overpowered and rattles the shit out of the machine. I've also played with the crossover before anyone mentions that, as well as the bass, treble and volume dials ( the latter 3 only seem to affect the backbox speakers, it that correct? )

Yeah, the signal is coming in a little hot. This sounds crazy, but there is a pre-amp volume adjust on the back of the LCD. If you want to be brave and re-adjust your amp, you can turn this pre-amp volume down to 11 from 50 by clicking the "left" button a bunch on the back of the LCD. You will then need to re-adjust all the levels on your amp.

Amp adjustment guide: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418

If you have no idea what I am talking about, it is best to just leave it be. Also, please don't mess with this and then call support, they will get made at me for telling you to mess with the amp because it is easy to get it way out of wack.

--Scott

#5754 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, the signal is coming in a little hot. This sounds crazy, but there is a pre-amp volume adjust on the back of the LCD. If you want to be brave and re-adjust your amp, you can turn this pre-amp volume down to 11 from 50 by clicking the "left" button a bunch on the back of the LCD. You will then need to re-adjust all the levels on your amp.
Amp adjustment guide: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418
If you have no idea what I am talking about, it is best to just leave it be. Also, please don't mess with this and then call support, they will get made at me for telling you to mess with the amp because it is easy to get it way out of wack.
--Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott, I'll have a look at the guide

#5755 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar is there still a way to tell what version of code you are on after the latest beta update? I swear it used to show the version in the lower right corner.

Is the beepgate reprise in this update already!?

#5756 4 years ago

Gonna put the new beta code on today and play it a bunch on Wednesday; thanks for your continued work on such a fun game, Scott.

#5757 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

TheNoTrashCougar is there still a way to tell what version of code you are on after the latest beta update? I swear it used to show the version in the lower right corner.
Is the beepgate reprise in this update already!?

Yeah, I removed it from the boot screen. It is now in the service menu.

Beepgate is in the Beta if you guys want a sneak peek at that. The song Scarlett will not be in the game and is exclusive to the new Expanded Edition album coming out on 9/19/19. It will also be available for free on my site when the album gets released so people don't have to buy anything to listen.

#5758 4 years ago

Am I the only one that says “thank you” every time I start a game and she says “welcome to the future”?

#5759 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Am I the only one that says “thank you” every time I start a game and she says “welcome to the future”?

Lol! Nope!

#5760 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I've never done that, but sometimes when I hear "shoot left scoop to start reactor" I yell "don't tell me what to do!"

#5761 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I've never done that, but sometimes when I hear "shoot left scoop to start reactor" I yell "don't tell me what to do!"

I used to hate the way ToM used to order you around the whole game. Didn't last long in my basement...

#5762 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Usually when machines shout out instructions I yell out “Yeah thanks I’m f-ing TRYING to do that!”

#5763 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I used to hate the way ToM used to order you around the whole game. Didn't last long in my basement...

It’s for reasons like this but that I think a Rage against the machine game would be epic. The game could instruct you to do something and you could just scream back, “F*uck you I won’t do what you tell me”.

Well back to TNA I put myself on the interested list for TNA 2.0. Hopefully it happens relatively soon

#5764 4 years ago

Yeah, I removed it from the boot screen. It is now in the service menu.
Beepgate is in the Beta if you guys want a sneak peek at that. The song Scarlett will not be in the game and is exclusive to the new Expanded Edition album coming out on 9/19/19. It will also be available for free on my site when the album gets released so people don't have to buy anything to listen.

Probably been discussed before... but thoughts on a vinyl pressing? Bet it would sound great!

#5765 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

It’s for reasons like this but that I think a Rage against the machine game would be epic. The game could instruct you to do something and you could just scream back, “F*uck you I won’t do what you tell me”.
Well back to TNA I put myself on the interested list for TNA 2.0. Hopefully it happens relatively soon

LMAO!

#5766 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Is there an actual list now? Last time I bugged KT, there was no list to add to, but if there is one now...

#5767 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

... sometimes when I hear... I yell "don't tell me what to do!"

(on my DI, mostly about extra ball is lit) even better, you have already made the shot BEFORE you get the info

#5768 4 years ago

Any attract mode flipper hit sounds yet Scott?
Like a nuclear explosion.
Yer I've asked before.
Can't help it, I just wanna hear it

#5769 4 years ago

I just installed clear frosted drop targets in the TNA here at Pinball Life. I unscrewed the LEDs for the inserts in front of each drop target and relocated it to the back of the target pointing up and at the clear drop. So cool!!! Figured I would share as this is also another new product at Pinball Life. (Shameless plug I guess)

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0021-00-71

20190828_150407 (resized).jpg20190828_150407 (resized).jpg
#5770 4 years ago

I just installed clear frosted drop targets in the TNA here at Pinball Life. I unscrewed the LEDs for the inserts in front of each drop target and relocated it to the back of the target pointing up and at the clear drop. So cool!!! Figured I would share as this is also another new product at Pinball Life. (Shameless plug I guess)
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0021-00-71[quoted image]

Nice!

Is there a way we can add another LED to the original so we can light the insert and the target?

#5771 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice!
Is there a way we can add another LED to the original so we can light the insert and the target?

I was kinda thinking that while they look cool (even if a little wizard of Oz ish), it would annoy me to have non working inserts there.

#5772 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice!

I will look to see if there are any options.
--Scott

#5773 4 years ago

I will look to see if there are any options.
--Scott

I was also thinking the same, to be able to tie another LED from the insert to the target. That would be awesome!

#5774 4 years ago

Can you do a go fund me for the soundtrack on vinyl? Im sure you'd easily get enough people. A colored vinyl like some of the example shown below would be amazing.

1cb4e9e144064f86b781103bb33800d6.jpeg (resized).jpg1cb4e9e144064f86b781103bb33800d6.jpeg (resized).jpgDreamState_PP_TransBluePurple_1024x1024 (resized).pngDreamState_PP_TransBluePurple_1024x1024 (resized).png
#5775 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Can you do a go fund me for the soundtrack on vinyl? Im sure you'd easily get enough people. A colored vinyl like some of the example shown below would be amazing.[quoted image][quoted image]

Genuine question, does vinyl make sense when the entire production chain was digital?

#5776 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Genuine question, does vinyl make sense when the entire production chain was digital?

I honestly think it's the coolest package to receive music on, whether the music itself it was originally recorded digital or analog. Sound quality is obviously not taking center-stage, but most new vinyl that can be purchased these days includes an mp3 download as well, so you often get the best of both worlds, imo. I love hanging my favorite record sleeves on the walls (there's square frames specifically for just that), so there's that reason too.

I think in this case it also has that retro appeal i think the game is going for. So it may not make sense from a sound-quality perspective, but it does have a coolness factor that i can't deny though. I guarantee I'd be buying a copy on vinyl if Scott made it happen. If for no other reason than to support him while getting something very cool in return.

#5777 4 years ago

Hey Guys/Gals,
So about the vinyl, there are a few issues. The first issue is cost. Unfortunately, I do not think there is enough demand in this project for me to not lose money. I really just do not want to do that. This would be a pretty damn expensive project. I also take a hard stance for any of my projects using anything like go fund me or kickstarter.

The next issue is that the TNA album is about 50ish minutes in length. In order to get this to sound good on vinyl, this would have to be a double record album. You can only jam so much on one side of a record before you have to sacrifice sound quality and overall bass/volume levels. Which this leads back to the first problem of cost.

There actually is one more thing unfortunately... I would have to remaster all of the music specifically for the vinyl format. This is less of an issue and more of a thing that I would just have to allocate time to.

I get requests once in a while for vinyl, but I honestly just don't think the demand is there for people to spend $40-50 on the double album.

--Scott

#5778 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

... and it's a pinball Machine, and you're... Raging Against it!

+1 wanted & Lmao!

#5779 4 years ago

Unpopular opinion: I DON'T want the TNA soundtrack on vinyl. The game was very clearly based on games from the 80s and no format is more appropriate in my opinion than the cassette. I'm excited to own it on cassette and I think it was the right choice. Just gotta dig out my old walkman now.

#5780 4 years ago

I LOVE vinyl but I do not think it is ideal in this scenario. Albums recorded in digital that are pressed onto vinyl do not have the analog magic that straight-to-vinyl albums do, I still own a ton of digital-to-analog records but there is a difference. Techno music in general does not benefit much from vinyl since most cartridges emphasize the idrange and not the high and low frequencies that techno uses. Also colored vinyl might look cool but I have yet to hear a colored record that sounds nearly as good as the same album on a black record. I do not know why that is but it is 100% the case. The other thing is getting vinyl pressed is hard right now, there is a ton of demand and no new presses have been made in 25 years so there is a big backlog of stuff waiting to be pressed by the few companies that make them. For a small operation like Spooky the cost to bump to the front of the line would likely make the entire operation a loss.

#5781 4 years ago

I think Scott should DJ the music at every show.

dj (resized).jpgdj (resized).jpg
#5782 4 years ago

Hey Guys/Gals,
So about the vinyl, there are a few issues. The first issue is cost. Unfortunately, I do not think there is enough demand in this project for me to not lose money. I really just do not want to do that. This would be a pretty damn expensive project. I also take a hard stance for any of my projects using anything like go fund me or kickstarter.
The next issue is that the TNA album is about 50ish minutes in length. In order to get this to sound good on vinyl, this would have to be a double record album. You can only jam so much on one side of a record before you have to sacrifice sound quality and overall bass/volume levels. Which this leads back to the first problem of cost.
There actually is one more thing unfortunately... I would have to remaster all of the music specifically for the vinyl format. This is less of an issue and more of a thing that I would just have to allocate time to.
I get requests once in a while for vinyl, but I honestly just don't think the demand is there for people to spend $40-50 on the double album.
--Scott

Sorry Scott, just throwing out ideas. I love vinyl.

#5783 4 years ago

Hey Guys/Gals,
--Scott

See....if they had asked me the same thing, I just would have said F' NO!

#5784 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

See....if they had asked me the same thing, I just would have said F' NO!

But nobody else can say F' NO! and still give you the warm fuzzies like you do!!

#5785 4 years ago

Anyone had trouble with the amplifier input 3.5mm jack/socket? The TNA I'm babysitting made a horrendous noise today which had me reaching for the power switch. Looks like a dodgy connection inside the amp, if I move the input jack at all I get this crazy loud feeback type noise. I've cable tied the cable in a certain position atm. Has anyone else had this?

#5786 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone had trouble with the amplifier input 3.5mm jack/socket? The TNA I'm babysitting made a horrendous noise today which had me reaching for the power switch. Looks like a dodgy connection inside the amp, if I move the input jack at all I get this crazy loud feeback type noise. I've cable tied the cable in a certain position atm. Has anyone else had this?

Yes. I had the exact same problem. I ended up replacing the amp but I probably could have just bought a 3.5mm to RCA splitter and used the RCA inputs on the amp.

#5787 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Sorry Scott, just throwing out ideas. I love vinyl.

Oh it's all good. I just wanted to explain my initial thoughts on why I am not going to do the vinyl. I just don't have the money to burn for this. It would be me personally and not a Spooky thing.
--Scott

#5788 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yep. You can try to secure the position of audio cable with a cable tie to keep it from moving but I had to take the amp out (which required removing the sub encloser to get to the screws) and taking it apart and resolding the input jack to the board more securely. Putting the amp back together was, er, difficult to get the heat-sink on the inside of the case back in position. If I had to do it again I'd probably just spring for a new amp, though I'm pretty certain my solding job is a lot stronger than the factory one on the input jack.

I'm not sure if the root cause of the solder failure was long think heavy cable putting diagonal pressure on it (because it wasn't firmly secured to always stay perfectly straight) or if it just became weak due to all the shaker action, low freq. vibrations from the sub right next to it. I haven't had another issue since my repair, however.

#5789 4 years ago

Last thing. Have yet to decide on options. I know I'm not going for the butter but tempted for shaker and knocker. Leaning towards mirror blades in future but side art for $50 pretty nice price. Definitely getting the pre-installed plastic protectors.

#5790 4 years ago

this would have to be a double record album.

It would be the best since Double Live Gonzo!

#5791 4 years ago
Quoted from kerpess:

Last thing. Have yet to decide on options. I know I'm not going for the butter but tempted for shaker and knocker. Leaning towards mirror blades in future but side art for $50 pretty nice price. Definitely getting the pre-installed plastic protectors.

Shaker is a Must Have on this game

#5792 4 years ago
Quoted from kerpess:

I have side art it's nice but can't go wrong with mirrors.

#5793 4 years ago
Quoted from kerpess:

I went with shaker, knocker, plastic protectors and mirrors. The mirrors really pop with the light show.

#5794 4 years ago
Quoted from kerpess:

Last thing. Have yet to decide on options.

Did I miss something? It looks like you are ready to... order (i.e. a new game?) Or are these your criteria when looking for a 'used' game? If they are taking orders, I'd like to know.

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Shaker is a Must Have on this game

It is, the way its coded in the game is amazing.

#5796 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice!

Maybe we can take spare led boards and splice in to the existing insert ones in such a manner that they would be programmed identically? Probably not possible the way these things are individually addressable...

#5797 4 years ago

Any thought of adding point animations? Meaning hit a spinner shot say it’s 100 per spin it would show
etc on the display.

#5798 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Maybe we can take spare led boards and splice in to the existing insert ones in such a manner that they would be programmed identically? Probably not possible the way these things are individually addressable...

They wouldn't need to be addressed individually. Id totally be cool with the led drops doing the same thing as the arrows.

#5799 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

They wouldn't need to be addressed individually. Id totally be cool with the led drops doing the same thing as the arrows.

I think what he means is that connecting another in a chain could mess up the LED allocations. Needs a duplicate, no new address. Alien had this kind of issue switching to the Single GI LED from the Tower GI LEDs (which had 5 addresses in one unit). Caused all the inserts in the chain to display in the wrong places.

#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think what he means is that connecting another in a chain could mess up the LED allocations. Needs a duplicate, no new address. Alien had this kind of issue switching to the Single GI LED from the Tower GI LEDs (which had 5 addresses in one unit). Caused all the inserts in the chain to display in the wrong places.

Ah ok that makes sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/116?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.