(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,945 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 239.
#5701 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Sorry, I gave you incorrect info. That clear credits setting is in the 1.3.1 beta code. You can get that from my site in the beta code area.
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724
I am still working on this version of the code and it will be released as a 1.4.0 when it is ready. The 1.3.1 beta is very stable, so feel free to install it.
--Scott

I updated to 1.3.1 beta earlier today. It has been playing great all day, no issues. However I still can not find any "Clear Coin Audits" option. Is there a later code version I should be downloading? . The game re-started displaying 1.3.1 in the top corner of screen, as I expected, but the utilities menu remains the same.. It's not a serious issue, but adds a lot of convenience. Cheers!

#5702 4 years ago

Hello All!

I am interested in joining the club. Anybody wanting to sell?

Added over 5 years ago:

22 August 2019:
Thank you for those who contacted me so far. Based on those discussions, I want to add the following information: I am looking at a TNA with no or very few extra. I like most of what is available for TNA (some I like a lot), but at this time I would like to keep the price down. Thanks.

#5703 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

Hello All!

They claim they are going to do another run of these since it was their best selling game.

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They claim they are going to do another run of these since it was their best selling game.

But it won't be until at least after ACNC, which will be running through the end of the year, and barring Danesi #2 is/is not ready. It might not be for a while, but they do appear on the marketplace every now and again.

#5705 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Apparently any new run will have distinguishing artwork or other non gameplay related alterations.

I ordered lit side rail kit for mine, hopefully install them on the weekend!

#5706 4 years ago

How do the speedruns work? I would have imagined the times would be from when you press start to when you destroy reactor X. However my reactor 2 speedrun time is 8 seconds and my reactor 1 is something like 15 seconds. So that can't be it. Are they times from when you destroy the previous reactor? I love speedrunning and I want to start running this game so understanding the timer is step one. Might try to figure out how to get some splits running at some point.

#5707 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

How do the speedruns work? I would have imagined the times would be from when you press start to when you destroy reactor X. However my reactor 2 speedrun time is 8 seconds and my reactor 1 is something like 15 seconds. So that can't be it. Are they times from when you destroy the previous reactor? I love speedrunning and I want to start running this game so understanding the timer is step one. Might try to figure out how to get some splits running at some point.

Time starts (I think) is from when reactor x is ready (needs to be overheated and destroyed) time is total to overheat and destroy the reactor.

#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That sounds great, I’d be interested in an NIB. Where did that information come from?

Oh, I just called Spooky and they said the same thing, maybe after the next game, to be revealed in November, depending on how it does.

#5709 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Time starts (I think) is from when reactor x is ready (needs to be overheated and destroyed) time is total to overheat and destroy the reactor.

So time starts when you hit the left scoop? That's seems rather arbitrary... Might have to not use the in game timer then. I'll try to get something running in livesplit

#5710 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

So time starts when you hit the left scoop? That's seems rather arbitrary... Might have to not use the in game timer then. I'll try to get something running in livesplit

Quote from v1.2.1 code update page... re. speed runs

"The game now displays reactor uptime on the display telling you exactly how many seconds each reactor has been online for. The timer starts as soon as the reactor start scoop has been hit and stops when the reactor is destroyed. These speed times are stored in the high score table as “Reactor X Speed Run Champ”. There are 10 of these. One for each reactor and one for Total Annihilation!

Every second counts when battling these reactors so be sure to skip the reactor startup animation and be sure to skip the bonus count at the end of your ball. Your reactor uptime pauses if another player is up, but the timer does not pause until after the bonus count."

#5711 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

i had to put lil rubber washers under my slingshot starpost b/c of playfield chipping. this raised them slightly and actually makes post passing a lil easier from left to right. still a challenge from the right side, but possible. currently using super bands. hope this is helpful.

Same here, but I think the washer actually made mine worse. It wasn't good before, but it was possible. Will have to try different rubbers. Thanks.

#5712 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Quote from v1.2.1 code update page... re. speed runs
"The game now displays reactor uptime on the display telling you exactly how many seconds each reactor has been online for. The timer starts as soon as the reactor start scoop has been hit and stops when the reactor is destroyed. These speed times are stored in the high score table as “Reactor X Speed Run Champ”. There are 10 of these. One for each reactor and one for Total Annihilation!
Every second counts when battling these reactors so be sure to skip the reactor startup animation and be sure to skip the bonus count at the end of your ball. Your reactor uptime pauses if another player is up, but the timer does not pause until after the bonus count."

IMO it should start after the ball is ejected from scoop. That makes more sense because some do and some don’t skip the reactor start up which is a few seconds.

#5713 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IMO it should start after the ball is ejected from scoop. That makes more sense because some do and some don’t skip the reactor start up which is a few seconds.

I am actually thinking about changing this to starting the timer as soon as the reactor is unlocked. This will give longer times overall as I have seen some people, during multiball, start and kill the reactor in 4-5 seconds. That is just crazy!

I am currently still working on v1.4.0 and will have that released as soon as possible. I will let you guys and gals know when the next beta version is up and ready to mess with.

--Scott

#5714 4 years ago

Anybody that is interested in getting a TNA, I would suggest emailing Kayte at [email protected]. She would definitely be able to tell you If and When they would be doing another run of TNAs. Good Luck to All and Hopefully you all join the club!

#5715 4 years ago

I am actually thinking about changing this to starting the timer as soon as the reactor is unlocked. This will give longer times overall as I have seen some people, during multiball, start and kill the reactor in 4-5 seconds. That is just crazy!
I am currently still working on v1.4.0 and will have that released as soon as possible. I will let you guys and gals know when the next beta version is up and ready to mess with.
--Scott

Could still happen in single figure times for reactor 1 hey? .... what would it work like with; Ball 1 launch to skill shot for reactor unlock, drain to scoop for start, fly shot up orbit, a couple of slings to max it out, then flies out across the scoop hole to hit the "D" and destroyed!
Lol ... 7 secs ?

#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Could still happen in single figure times for reactor 1 hey? .... what would it work like with; Ball 1 launch to skill shot for reactor unlock, drain to scoop for start, fly shot up orbit, a couple of slings to max it out, then flies out across the scoop hole to hit the "D" and destroyed!
Lol ... 7 secs ?

HAHA! Love it. Yeah, I think I am going to change this.

#5717 4 years ago

HAHA! Love it. Yeah, I think I am going to change this.

Might not be able to describe it as "up time" anymore? ... technically

What would it become? .... speed run time? .... plain old "reactor time"?

"Reactor Up Time" does sound cool.....

#5718 4 years ago

Yeah I wont be using the in game time for speed runs then. The time spent unlocking and starting the reactor needs to be included in the speedrun. Using the ingame timer will cut half of all game time out of the run. (alright not HALF as the first two phases of a reactor are typically the quickest.)

#5719 4 years ago
Quoted from RedFive:

Hello All!

@redfive - I know someone who is interested in selling one via private party. They are on Pinside and I'll direct them to this thread and hopefully they'll get in touch with you.

Well - scratch that - I just talked to him and he says it's now headed to Florida to someone else. Apologies!

#5720 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Well - scratch that - I just talked to him and he says it's now headed to Florida to someone else. Apologies!

Thanks for taking your time to help me. I know I will find one at one point.

Quoted from bsobie:

Anybody that is interested in getting a TNA, I would suggest emailing Kayte at [email protected].

That is exactly what I did last night, and...

Quoted from dts:

they said the same thing, maybe after the next game, to be revealed in November, depending on how it does.

That is the answer I got too.

Ideally, I would find one (1) now, (2) not too expensive, (3) with no or few extra (keep price down), (4) within 1-2 States from Colorado in any directions. One guy can dream, right?

#5721 4 years ago

Well, my son and I have been playing a whole lotta TNA, and it looks like the three post sleeves up top have started wearing. They look substantially thinner than normal post sleeves. Which replacements are needed? I don't see anything in game specific on pinball life.

#5722 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, my son and I have been playing a whole lotta TNA, and it looks like the three post sleeves up top have started wearing. They look substantially thinner than normal post sleeves. Which replacements are needed? I don't see anything in game specific on pinball life.

from tapinball.com - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gwjXq_-yFIkouIl6ymJw9wfq6O8rOhnZ

#5723 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

These are what you need. I always keep a few extras on hand. These thin post sleeves get beat up pretty quickly with the abuse TNA gives them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

#5724 4 years ago

This will give longer times overall as I have seen some people, during multiball, start and kill the reactor in 4-5 seconds.

20190823_093322 (resized).jpg20190823_093322 (resized).jpg

#5725 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

These are what you need. I always keep a few extras on hand. These thin post sleeves get beat up pretty quickly with the abuse TNA gives them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

Thanks! Might hafta try purple

#5726 4 years ago

this is why speedruns need to include unlocking and starting the reactor.

#5727 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Although I think some TNA's might require some reactor sling adjustment!! Lol

I was getting one second reactor speed runs when my reactor sling started machine gunning too!

#5728 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

If Scott TheNoTrashCougar was really nice he would build an option into the settings on how you wanted speed runs to work.. I see 3 logical options:

1. timer starts at reactor startup.. how it currently is
2. timer starts when reactor is qualified.. ie when you complete the grid.. how Scott suggested he might change it.
3. timer starts when you start the game or destroy the prior reactor... as McSquid is proposing

this way we could pick, everybody happy... except Scott who would have to program it all

#5729 4 years ago

If it starts at reactor active (currently) imo the time should start after reactor start up sequence.

#5730 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Just a tip that you can clean these and rotate them around the post a few times to extend their lifespan a bit longer. They are very thin.

#5731 4 years ago

Check this out! Scott is re-releasing the TNA soundtrack in Sept!

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1838

"Total Nuclear Annihilation (Beepgate Reprise)"

Wow! If the 1.4 SW for TNA re-introduces the original "beep" sound I'm-a-gonna kiss Scott!

#5732 4 years ago

Well, I'm on the list for the next run! Kayte mentioned some new art next round. Maybe the playfields will be done elsewhere-doesn't Mirco make their playfields? I'm happy to wait, unless one drops in my lap. It never resonated with me until I played it at a friend's house and could experience Scott's amazing music, flow, and software design. It's just a great game.

#5733 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Just a tip that you can clean these and rotate them around the post a few times to extend their lifespan a bit longer. They are very thin.

Yes, thanks. I rotated them because they looked dirty, but actually had wear, as in rubber peeling off. Think I'm gonna order clear, purple and black so I have a long supply

#5734 4 years ago

Honestly, exactly when the reactor timers split is not important for speedrunning. The main problem with the current system is that there is unrecorded game time. I could have a 30 seconds speedrun with an hours gameplay in it.

If anyone has ever done any speed running before or follow speedrunning in general you are probably aware that, almost universally, time begins when start is pressed and ends when the player loses control of the game (or a agreed upon easily marked point.) At no point during the run can the timer stop. The exception to this is that some games are timed using their In Game Timers (IGT) which are not active during loading screens and menus. However, there is never any gameplay that is not timed using this method, or its not used.

Its not a huge problem. A game with unusable IGT is just timed using Real Time Attack (RTA). The only downside there is that it requires an external timer (no big deal), and the actual speedrunners aren't using the function that was supposedly made for them.

#5735 4 years ago

Rats. Thought my beautiful bride would win the contest

20190823_144307.jpg20190823_144307.jpg
#5736 4 years ago

I think full reactor 1 speedruns would be a REALLY fun and popular category. Unfortunately, as it is you can spend several minutes setting up the quick take down with multiball and achieve 1-2 second "runs." These runs did not take 1-2 seconds so they are far less impressive as a result. They just required the right set of circumstances to be set up.

now a contest to see who could get the optimal 3 shots for reactor 1 completion (Super skill, orbit, white target) AND control their bounces to get it done quick? That would be fun indeed.

#5737 4 years ago

Highest reactor destroyed? I've destroyed reactor five twice, but the last time was a couple of months ago and I fear I'm getting worse. I think five will be my reactor record to the end of time.

#5738 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Highest reactor destroyed? I've destroyed reactor five twice, but the last time was a couple of months ago and I fear I'm getting worse. I think five will be my reactor record to the end of time.

Oh is it flex time? OK I'll bite.

Keep at it and find the strategy that work for you. Learn the safest ways to make all the important shots. Practice your lane saves. You can get 6!
2019-07-24 17.02.59 (resized).jpg2019-07-24 17.02.59 (resized).jpg

#5739 4 years ago

Awesome. Yeah, I'm terrible at the lane changes for the ball saves. The worst is when I try to move it from the far right to the far left with three flips instead of going the other way with one flip (if that makes sense) -- I do this all the time. All I want is that bloody extra ball on the sixth reactor and I can die happy, but it's going to take one of those crazy lucky games to get it because I definitely lack the skill.

Quoted from McSquid:

Oh is it flex time? OK I'll bite.
Keep at it and find the strategy that work for you. Learn the safest ways to make all the important shots. Practice your lane saves. You can get 6!
[quoted image]

#5740 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Awesome. Yeah, I'm terrible at the lane changes for the ball saves. The worst is when I try to move it from the far right to the far left with three flips instead of going the other way with one flip (if that makes sense) -- I do this all the time. All I want is that bloody extra ball on the sixth reactor and I can die happy, but it's going to take one of those crazy lucky games to get it because I definitely lack the skill.

Ha! This exact thing crushed me today.

#5741 4 years ago

I've started just parking the lane save on an outlane as soon as the ball is out of control. It took a few days to train myself to always switch sides with one flip. Honestly I don't even really nudge out of the outlane anymore as long as I have a lane save. I spend that time prepping it before I need it for sure.

Other than that, make sure to plan out your multiballs. Once a reactor is critical, let one rip, and try to finish the center bank afterwards. I don't find multiball helpful for the reactor core phase so I avoid it. After reactor 2 I don't shoot at anything but the lock when I have a reactor critical.

#5742 4 years ago

I have a brand new playfield if anyone is looking. Looking for a pinbot or $$

#5743 4 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I have a brand new playfield if anyone is looking. Looking for a pinbot or $$

How much?

#5744 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Maybe the playfields will be done elsewhere-doesn't Mirco make their playfields?.

Mirco does not make their playfields.

#5745 4 years ago

Anyone else have the issue where most shots to the left scoop don't actually make it in most the time?

#5746 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Anyone else have the issue where most shots to the left scoop don't actually make it in most the time?

Backhand it.

Edit: seriously even if the ball keeps popping out, if you backhand the shot it tends to pop out slightly into the upper playfield and then fall right back in.

#5747 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I bent the top downward slightly and it made quite an improvement. Still a tough shot, but direct hits sink way more now.

#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Have you tried lowering your flipper power? If you are having problems with it bouncing out, lower the power.

#5749 4 years ago

If anyone wants to beta test, I posted a new BETA version (v1.4.0.b1 BETA) of the TNA code on my site.

Please remember this is beta code and could have some little issues. Please read that whole page so you know what to expect.

Thank you!

--Scott

#5750 4 years ago

If anyone wants to beta test, I posted a new BETA version (v1.4.0.b1 BETA) of the TNA code on my site.
Please remember this is beta code and could have some little issues. Please read that whole page so you know what to expect.
Thank you!
--Scott

Giving it a shot!

E0A4B6F6-5B94-42B9-A88D-730389FA30C5 (resized).jpegE0A4B6F6-5B94-42B9-A88D-730389FA30C5 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,945 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/115?hl=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.