(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 239.
#5651 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Only way to beat would be like Bowen does slow it down. It’d be a cool option where you had 6 minutes or XX minutes maximum time. (menu setting). After time is up the game is over.

It could be rolled in as a Mystery "Award." You're trying to sneak into the facility to blow up a reactor. Guards spot you! You have XX minutes to blow up the reactor or "fight" your way out by hitting lit targets on the playfield (equal to the number or guards). The earlier in the game, the easier. Maybe lock a ball to "hide" from them. If you can't accomplish either of those tasks in XX minutes, your flippers die and you lose the ball. If you have MB ready, start MB and hit the flashing targets to knock out the guards! Then you can proceed on your way to the reactor like normal.

Or the other side of the Mystery Award to balance would be "Critical Reactor" where you bypass the upper playfield and just have your targets lit to blow the reactor. Doesn't sound nearly as exciting but you would still want Mystery to be generally a positive award.

Sounds like a cool optional story mode to me!

#5652 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

thenotrashcougar I beat it. Make it harder!

Just watched part of your stream. FYI, super spinner does do something. It raises the reactor value when you rip the spinner.

#5653 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Just watched part of your stream. FYI, super spinner does do something. It raises the reactor value when you rip the spinner.

Huh, Neat. Thanks for that info!

#5654 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

thenotrashcougar I beat it. Make it harder!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460415653

Just put the game on Brutal reactor settings in the mean time until he comes up with something worse

#5655 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Just put the game on Brutal reactor settings in the mean time until he comes up with something worse

What’s brutal reactor setting?

#5656 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

A fist comes out of the coin door and Falcon Punches you when the reactor is lit.

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Every reactor (from beginning to end) behaves as reactor 9. Nine grid targets, fastest temp cooldown, 9 reactor destroy targets.

#5658 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Anyone wanna sell their cassette tape OST? I didn't get one before they sold out :\

We still have some for sale. email me [email protected]

#5659 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

We still have some for sale. email me [email protected]

Nice! Email sent!

#5660 4 years ago

I wish I still had a cassette deck. I'm stuck with streaming or playing the pirated version on my phone when I get no service. I feel entitled because I bought NIB.

#5661 4 years ago

Wait! You can pirate music that I wrote?? Bucket list item achieved!

#5662 4 years ago

Only on private trackers. I don't give away the good stuff

#5663 4 years ago

What about FLAC?
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?download=scott-danesi-total-nuclear-annihilation-flac-audio

If buying a NIB counts, I've paid for it four different ways now:
1 FLAC
2 Cassette
3 Amazon Music Sub
4 NIB TNA

#5664 4 years ago

Is music on Amazon streaming?

Never mind I found it !!!

Funny if I type Scott Danesi, didn’t pre-populate but will give me other opinions but won’t show Scott unless I hit enter.

I’m curious if Amazon gives you a cut from every listen or a flat fee or something different?

#5665 4 years ago

You guys don't want to know how little I actually make on streaming of my music. It is basically fractions of a penny. Even if you buy the album from iTunes, they take so much of it, then my distributor takes their cut, then I am left with not much.

#5666 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You guys don't want to know how little I actually make on streaming of my music. It is basically fractions of a penny. Even if you buy the album from iTunes, they take so much of it, then my distributor takes their cut, then I am left with not much.

Yeah, right! And your next game is titled Haunted House Party.

#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah, right! And your next game is titled Haunted House Party.

I'll let Kaneda know if he's doesn't already. HHParty I'll start forum now. Haha

#5668 4 years ago

That’s like Seinfeld episode when he got hundreds of royalty checks for 12 cents.

#5669 4 years ago

Hey Scott @thenotrashcougar. My apologies if this has already been suggested and you have answered. Have you considered in a future code update to allow the player to mix (customize) the order of songs or to have a random feature in the settings? For instance instead of the main theme playing while you are trying to get into a reactor, the theme for reactor 4 plays. Or keep the main theme but the reactor tunes are mixed up so reactor 5 song plays for reactor 1 and etc. I love reactor 4's song but don't get to hear it that often. My brother and I were playing 4 player coop last night and got to reactor 7. He was surprised on how good the songs were for those and has never heard them for he cant get past reactor 2 when he comes over. Again sorry to the thread if this was already suggested. Cant wait to see you at the Houston Arcade Expo!

#5670 4 years ago

Anybody have input on what I can do to resolve the missing reset coin audits menu? Is reinstalling code an option?

#5671 4 years ago

Does anyone happen to have a photo (or can take one) of their amplifier knob settings from factory? Thanks in advance!

#5672 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I love reactor 4's song but don't get to hear it that often.

Play better!

#5673 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Count me in for one of these!

#5674 4 years ago

The Core switch (O) is intermittent. I have a switch from Pinball Life 500-6227-04 is that the right one. thx

#5675 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I love reactor 4's song but don't get to hear it that often.

I have a similar problem, but with Reactor 1's music (Alpha Particles) I love it but reactor 1 goes critical so fast!

#5676 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody have input on what I can do to resolve the missing reset coin audits menu? Is reinstalling code an option?

This feature is coming in a future update. It is currently in the beta code if you need it right away. You can get that from tnapinball.com.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

The Core switch (O) is intermittent. I have a switch from Pinball Life 500-6227-04 is that the right one. thx

Here is the switch: https://www.pinballlife.com/rollover-switch-with-mounting-bracket.html

For the songs thing, I am not going to randomize them because they are in a specific order. They tell a story as you progress through the game. This also helps make the game exciting as you make more progress and get better. If you would like the hear all the songs in their full glory, the soundtrack is available for free on Spotify.

#5677 4 years ago

I agree about the songs.... It's like a treat when you make it further that the song is new. Until I drain and curse the game!
I also have a rollover up top that usually doesn't register the first few times a ball goes over it, then kicks in for the remainder. Glad to see they are only 3 bucks! Think I will order a few just to have backup.

#5678 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I agree about the songs.... It's like a treat when you make it further that the song is new. Until I drain and curse the game!
I also have a rollover up top that usually doesn't register the first few times a ball goes over it, then kicks in for the remainder. Glad to see they are only 3 bucks! Think I will order a few just to have backup.

I tried to use as many off the shelf parts that I could to make this easier. You might want to try and adjust the switch first before replacing it. They usually don't go bad that quickly. It probably just needs a slight tweak.

#5679 4 years ago

I tried to use as many off the shelf parts that I could to make this easier. You might want to try and adjust the switch first before replacing it. They usually don't go bad that quickly. It probably just needs a slight tweak.

Roger that.... But then I don't get to go on an impromptu shopping spree at pinball life!

#5680 4 years ago

I tried to use as many off the shelf parts that I could to make this easier.

You missed a chance on royalties for game specific parts!

#5681 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Does anyone happen to have a photo (or can take one) of their amplifier knob settings from factory? Thanks in advance!

Here you go - this is how my amp was set from the factory. Apologies for the vantage point, as that's as close/low as I could get my phone for the picture.

20190330_232908426_iOS (resized).jpg20190330_232908426_iOS (resized).jpg

HTH.

#5682 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Here you go - this is how my amp was set from the factory. Apologies for the vantage point, as that's as close/low as I could get my phone for the picture.
[quoted image]
HTH.

I owe you a drink @EightBitWhit.
Many thanks and much love!

#5683 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I owe you a drink EightBitWhit.
Many thanks and much love!

All good - just glad I could help!

#5684 4 years ago

You probably did not select the correct thing to clear. There is Clear Credits and Clear Coin Audits in the service menu. But definitely let me know if something is not working right.
--Scott

I just updated to 1.3.0 , mainly so that this feature could be used. I have the same issue as Chalkey, several times through "Utilities" and "Statistics".

The Utilities menu gives me the following choices:

-Reset High Scores
-Clear Credits
-Reset Audits
-Factory Settings
-Clear Error Report
-Set date/Time

That's it! ... maybe it's just me, but buggered if I can find anywhere to reset the coin audits without resetting all of the other audits?

Cheers!

#5685 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I just updated to 1.3.0 , mainly so that this feature could be used. I have the same issue as Chalkey, several times through "Utilities" and "Statistics".
The Utilities menu gives me the following choices:
-Reset High Scores
-Clear Credits
-Reset Audits
-Factory Settings
-Clear Error Report
-Set date/Time
That's it! ... maybe it's just me, but buggered if I can find anywhere to reset the coin audits without resetting all of the other audits?
Cheers!

Sorry, I gave you incorrect info. That clear credits setting is in the 1.3.1 beta code. You can get that from my site in the beta code area.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

I am still working on this version of the code and it will be released as a 1.4.0 when it is ready. The 1.3.1 beta is very stable, so feel free to install it.
--Scott

#5686 4 years ago

Is there anything you can adjust to make post passing possible, or is it a design feature?

#5687 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is there anything you can adjust to make post passing possible, or is it a design feature?

Try regular rubber. Stock, this is a better game to alley pass on. But post passing is doable stock, just hard.

#5688 4 years ago

[quoted image]
HTH.

Does Spooky set the amp to its optimum from the factory? Mine wasn't great when it arrived, in that moving the volume a fraction would make too large a change. There are some instructions somewhere in this thread for optimising the sound. From memory it involves adjusting the volume of the screen as well as the amp. Made a big improvement to mine.

Just found this that Scott posted which I remember following, although he does say at the end "don't mess with the amp"!

"Also there was a question about the audio. The monitor does have a pre-amp volume setting in it. I have been playing around a bunch with mine and I turned it down to 10 on the monitor which seemed to give it a better range. I then turn my amp all the way down to prepare for adjustment. Then go into music test with the volume up to 11 and start slowly turning the amp up to where it is loud, but not clipping or cutting out. The sub volume knob will be pretty low. Also, the Bass knob should be almost all the way down as that is for the upper speakers, those should be set to output all of the mids and highs.

Honestly, though, don't mess with the amp from the factory settings as it is tough to tune, which is why it is hidden away."

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Does Spooky set the amp to its optimum from the factory? Mine wasn't great when it arrived, in that moving the volume a fraction would make too large a change. There are some instructions somewhere in this thread for optimising the sound. From memory it involves adjusting the volume of the screen as well as the amp. Made a big improvement to mine.
Just found this that Scott posted which I remember following, although he does say at the end "don't mess with the amp"!
"Also there was a question about the audio. The monitor does have a pre-amp volume setting in it. I have been playing around a bunch with mine and I turned it down to 10 on the monitor which seemed to give it a better range. I then turn my amp all the way down to prepare for adjustment. Then go into music test with the volume up to 11 and start slowly turning the amp up to where it is loud, but not clipping or cutting out. The sub volume knob will be pretty low. Also, the Bass knob should be almost all the way down as that is for the upper speakers, those should be set to output all of the mids and highs.
Honestly, though, don't mess with the amp from the factory settings as it is tough to tune, which is why it is hidden away."

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=757

I found where I saw the callibration of the games amp by Scott, linked there. I too would love to know how I can achieve a "safe" setting without needing an oscilloscope? ... besides a knowing ear, is there maybe some basic way to achieve a "safe" setting TheNoTrashCougar ?

#5690 4 years ago

[quoted image]
HTH.

Those settings appear quite different than my game had out of the box.

#5691 4 years ago

The amp adjustment procedure (from this thread) is located here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418

I wanted to take this with me to my game (and have it with me while I was hunched over the machine), so I formatted it up into a PDF that helped make the process as easy (for me) to follow as possible.

It's attached below - hopefully it can help some others out as well...

TNA Amp adjustment procedure.pdfTNA Amp adjustment procedure.pdf

Quoted from razorsedge:

Those settings appear quite different than my game had out of the box.

That's interesting.. I only have my machine (#261) for reference, and I purchased NIB, so I am confident how the dials are set in that picture is how it left Spooky. I've since changed them a bit based on Scott's excellent instructions, but I'd be interested to see how close to a perfect sine wave I have (I'd have to drag my oscilloscope into the gameroom, and I've not done that yet).

#5692 4 years ago

I'd have to drag my oscilloscope into the gameroom, and I've not done that yet.

giphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gif
#5693 4 years ago

I'm in the camp of if you can play with it experiment with it. Go wild child. Just make sure to take notes so you can fix any screwups.

#5694 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Say it happens once in a 4 payer game. And you were lucky enough to be the following player. The multiball you got meant you could start the reactor, get it to critical and destroy it, as well as getting a few jackpots in the process. As a result you won the game.
That is pure luck that only benefited you. A mistake on the preceding players part gave you, and you only, a large benefit - probably more than any of the mystery awards. The other 2 players that were not LUCKY enough to be immediately after did not benefit. They were effectively punished. There was no strategy or skill on your part in receiving the gimme multiball.
If the 4 player game was deciding final places, some players might not be so happy. Others might not care. But a tournament is supposed to test all players SKILL on a level playing field (so to speak).
And multiball is vital in this game, particularly later on as the jackpots and reactor values grow and are multiplied by the amount of balls left in play. And even more so that you can add a ball.
Everyone seems so concerned about removing the random award and the random reactor destroy shot, yet don’t care about leaving the most valuable random award in the game.
In any case, we are talking about a menu option here. If you choose to leave it on default you can.

Pinball is a game that always has and always will involve an element of LUCK. By the above argument there would be No Real (fun) "pinball machines" in tournaments at all, and the highly skilled would "roll" every dead boring "newtered game" they played among themselves! Lol

If someone doesn't enjoy the Nature of pinball (and it's across the board natural luck aspect), maybe it's time for a new hobby!? .... Motor racing? ... oh cr@p, still involves luck!

If we want to take the luck part out of pinball (and don't discriminate about various forms of luck) in order to have tournaments then it is not a pinball tournament, it would be nothing more than a pretend pinball tourney, a no fun battle for sheep stations on games that are no longer real Pinballs, and I'd be out. It would become meaningless. We have fun at tournaments because all that attend ours seem to be there to enjoy Playing Pinball, bad luck included. If someone does not win, and needs to in order to be Satisfied with their effort, all I can suggest is instead of asking for a tissue, maybe PLAY BETTER!

It IS a level playing field from both skill and luck perspectives (even described in the above post!), as long as the game isn't altered during the event.... everyone gets the same random oppertunity for the bad luck, including player position. Most can deal with it, some can't. Here we call it bad sportsmanship.

Sorry for digging out an old post, but I found it reading about Amp settings, and could not help but comment. There are the odd "pro's" about that seem to want to take all the fun out of playing pinball. Rant over

#5695 4 years ago

This also helps make the game exciting as you make more progress and get better.

I absolutely agree. The music carries you through the journey and gets more and more exciting as you progress. Sometimes when someone advances significantly in the game I often just take a pause and say "Dude-listen to that music, isn't it amazing?" as I nod my head rocking out. The music is absolutely epic and it has officially taken over my favorite pinball music out of all machines- including TX-Sector.

I would like to get my hands on the TNA track as well but I do not have a cassette player-can anyone rip a copy to CD and sell me one? I listen to it on Youtube sometimes but it would be cool to have a copy on CD for the car.

#5696 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I absolutely agree. The music carries you through the journey and gets more and more exciting as you progress. Sometimes when someone advances significantly in the game I often just take a pause and say "Dude-listen to that music, isn't it amazing?" as I nod my head rocking out. The music is absolutely amazing and it has officially taken over my favorite pinball music out of all machines- including TX-Sector.
I would like to get my hands on the TNA track as well but I do not have a cassette player-can anyone rip a copy to CD and sell me one? I listen to on Youtube sometimes but it would be cool to have a copy on CD for the car.

You can buy it on FLAC from Scott’s website. Burn the FLACs to CD and it will sound great. It is also available to stream on Apple Music or Spotify.

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?download=scott-danesi-total-nuclear-annihilation-flac-audio

https://music.apple.com/us/album/total-nuclear-annihilation/1339473590

https://open.spotify.com/album/0aOWrCBwtkGSsq8HA25rVW?si=zrZc0op6Qx-04CWY767acQ

Support Scott he deserves it!

#5697 4 years ago

About ‘luck’ in following a player who left a multiball stack. It’s probably not that different than playing a poker tournament and getting seated with one group of players and not another of being seated following a certain player and not a different player. Is poker tournament fair? Not if being seated in a particular spot gives one person an advantage and one person a disadvantage. There’s luck and skill in both poker and pinball. Maybe some machines will favor luck more than others.

That said I don’t play pinball tournaments so I’m not sure how they work but presumably the body of work (skill grind) gets you in a position to win (final group). But you still might need a bit of luck to win. Just like in poker you could make it to the final few players and get unlucky in the cards you are given.

#5698 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

i had to put lil rubber washers under my slingshot starpost b/c of playfield chipping. this raised them slightly and actually makes post passing a lil easier from left to right. still a challenge from the right side, but possible. currently using super bands. hope this is helpful.

#5699 4 years ago

The amp adjustment procedure (from this thread) is located here - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/33#post-4247418
I wanted to take this with me to my game (and have it with me while I was hunched over the machine), so I formatted it up into a PDF that helped make the process as easy (for me) to follow as possible.
It's attached below - hopefully it can help some others out as well...
[quoted image]

That's interesting.. I only have my machine (#261) for reference, and I purchased NIB, so I am confident how the dials are set in that picture is how it left Spooky. I've since changed them a bit based on Scott's excellent instructions, but I'd be interested to see how close to a perfect sine wave I have (I'd have to drag my oscilloscope into the gameroom, and I've not done that yet).

Thanks for putting this together!

I’ve found you absolutely need to adjust these (especially the sub knob) as the game will sound very different depending on where it is located (nearby walls, floor material, etc.). You can very easily have far too much booming bass which will annoy you and your neighbors and ruin your enjoyment of the music.

#5700 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Is there a waiting list?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 210.00
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/114?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.