(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 239.
#5601 4 years ago

I'll check back next time I'm on location. But when I did it, it only cleared the credits on the machine and the audits still read the same.

#5602 4 years ago

You probably did not select the correct thing to clear. There is Clear Credits and Clear Coin Audits in the service menu. But definitely let me know if something is not working right.
--Scott

#5603 4 years ago

Sounds like I whiffed I'll take a look but I swear I went up and down that thing looking for something like that. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something that obvious.

#5604 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Sounds like I whiffed I'll take a look but I swear I went up and down that thing looking for something like that. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something that obvious.

Hey All good! I have been know to mess up easy stuff, so let me know if this is not working right, now would be a great time for me to fix it. If ya know what I mean...
--Scott

#5605 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey All good! I have been know to mess up easy stuff, so let me know if this is not working right, now would be a great time for me to fix it. If ya know what I mean...
--Scott

Is this a hint!!?!

#5606 4 years ago

Is it possible to get a total play count if the game has only ever been on freeplay? All the coin audits are zero and I think the rest wipe with code updates

#5607 4 years ago

I have to turn down the volume every time I enter my initials for high score. The levels are much louder vs. in-game play volume. I then have to bump up the volume again once I start another game. It would nice if this could be balanced out.

#5608 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I have to turn down the volume every time I enter my initials for high score. The levels are much louder vs. in-game play volume. I then have to bump up the volume again once I start another game. It would nice if this could be balanced out.

That is super strange. I have not noticed this at all on any of my test machines. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Thanks,
--Scott

#5609 4 years ago

That is super strange. I have not noticed this at all on any of my test machines. Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Thanks,
--Scott

Never had that happen. Then again, I'm pushing the start button as fast as I can to start another game

#5610 4 years ago

--Scott

I don’t notice it being any louder than the music is.

#5611 4 years ago

I'm on the latest beta code and I notice no issues with high score screen.

Only bug ive encountered is that if you tilt while inside the core or up top and the ball ends up in the left scoop, it doesn't come out until triggering a ball search.

#5612 4 years ago

I finally resolved my audio issue. I had a lot of popping and cracking from the speakers when I overheated the reactor due to the shaker motor causing the 3.5mm audio cable to shake and create the distortion. I added a 3.5mm splitter from the monitor, ran a second 3.5mm cable to a 3.5mm-to-dual-RCA cable then connected that to a Polk Sub which sounded great but still allowed the distortion from the factory speakers. Realizing that the new cables fit together much more securely I added a 3.5mm extension to the end of the factory cable, the new male 3.5mm fit MUCH tighter into the amplifier. After 20 games the distortion has not returned, the bass is amazing (thanks to the new sub), and I can raise the volume on the factory speakers without problem!

#5613 4 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar
Hi Scott,

Ball Search Loop after Tilt (1.3.1b3.) - posting here because the bug report form didn't seem to work on your site.
tilted on last ball (extra ball after ball 3).
I think on multiball or multiball just finished (but actually I can't be completely sure of that).
Machine went into ball search loop, even though all balls were in the trough.
I had to power of and it started up no trouble. Very frustrating because I was wanting it to complete so I could enter my name in high score - I'm new to the club and this was my best game so far - tilted as destroying reactor 4
But loving the game and appreciate the support you put in

#5614 4 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

thenotrashcougar
Hi Scott,
Ball Search Loop after Tilt (1.3.1b3.) - posting here because the bug report form didn't seem to work on your site.
I think on multiball or multiball just finished (but actually I can't be completely sure of that).
I had to power of and it started up no trouble. Very frustrating because I was wanting it to complete so I could enter my name in high score - I'm new to the club and this was my best game so far - tilted as destroying reactor 4

Sounds like a trough switch is failing.
I get 2 balls on the playfield every once in a while myself.
I've also had the pin freeze while in attract mode once in a while too.

#5615 4 years ago

--Scott

Haven't noticed it myself. I like to play a little tune along to the background music while I navigate to pick out my initials.

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I don’t notice it being any louder than the music is.

Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but it's definitely louder. I even metered it.

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

thenotrashcougar
Hi Scott,

I actually just had something similar happen. I too was able to softlock the game. I did it with a well timed late tilt. I think what happened was I shook the game to make an outlane save, got a danger, activated an inlane ball saver, couple seconds later a second danger, drained, and it tilted out with the ball in the drain. A second later the audio called out "ball saved"
then nothing happened. It went into a ball search loop with all balls in the trough. I manually ejected the balls and let them drain back into the trough but the game didn't resume no matter what we did. I'm also on 1.3.1b3

Not sure why the tilt is so slow to react on this game. I sometimes tilt out 10 seconds after the shake in question.

#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Not sure why the tilt is so slow to react on this game. I sometimes tilt out 10 seconds after the shake in question.

Yes, my perception is also that the tilt sometimes seems out of sync with the amount of shaking currently going on. I will have to go back through this thread - from memory there is quite a bit of discussion about dampening the plumb bob with an ear plug.

#5619 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

At least you can turn yours down. My machine is possessed and changes the volume to 11 on it's own.

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Don't get me wrong, I love the music, but it's definitely louder. I even metered it.

Stop setting high scores then!

#5621 4 years ago

I will dig into this tilt thing a bit more before the next update. That is very odd, but I am pretty sure I can find it. Thanks for the help identifying this guys!
--Scott

#5622 4 years ago

I will dig into this tilt thing a bit more before the next update. That is very odd, but I am pretty sure I can find it. Thanks for the help identifying this guys!
--Scott

Can we get a option in the settings to turn on some crazy mystery awards like the instant game over, multiball, maybe a reverse reactor where you start on 9 and work down?, i just love this game as a party game and awesome random mystery awards can keep people on their toes

#5623 4 years ago

In the utilities menu I have

Reset high scores
Clear credits
Reset audits
Factory settings
Clear error report
Set date time

Software version 1.3.0

Am I not looking in the right spot? Reinstall 1.3.0?

#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Can we get a option in the settings to turn on some crazy mystery awards like the instant game over, multiball, maybe a reverse reactor where you start on 9 and work down?, i just love this game as a party game and awesome random mystery awards can keep people on their toes

This sounds awesome as a "party mode"

If I had any feature requests it would be uneven team battles. 2v1 or 3v1. My casual friends would love to team up to take me down.

#5625 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

This sounds awesome as a "party mode"
If I had any feature requests it would be uneven team battles. 2v1 or 3v1. My casual friends would love to team up to take me down.

This is a good idea, we do this a lot when shooting pool. The best player has to go 1v2 versus the two next. It is really fun for all.

#5626 4 years ago

Come Hang with Danesi and crew!!! LIVE NOW

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

002CE219-9761-4656-9EEC-C8B95113B313 (resized).jpeg002CE219-9761-4656-9EEC-C8B95113B313 (resized).jpeg

#5627 4 years ago

I always found it a bit hard to see how far I was pulling the plunger for those critical skill shots (I prefer to play my games in the dark). I replaced the black shooter tip with white and put a yellow piece of vinyl under the dashes. Also spiced up the bottom portion with a nuclear symbol. I like how it turned out.

197C0D39-96B5-4A19-9758-FF43898DFB5F.jpeg197C0D39-96B5-4A19-9758-FF43898DFB5F.jpeg
#5628 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I always found it a bit hard to see how far I was pulling the plunger for those critical skill shots (I prefer to play my games in the dark). I replaced the black shooter tip with white and put a yellow piece of vinyl under the dashes. Also spiced up the bottom portion with a nuclear symbol. I like how it turned out.[quoted image]

Looks great! Where did you get the sticker?

#5629 4 years ago

I don't really use that gauge, but the yellow vinyl really looks cool under there!

#5630 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Looks great! Where did you get the sticker?

I made it with my vinyl cutter.

#5631 4 years ago

Just joined the club! Love TNA so far.

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Just joined the club! Love TNA so far.

Welcome!!!!

Enjoy the rush.

#5633 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

That is so simple, but adds so much!!

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Any chance you'd sell a kit? That looks quite good!

#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I always found it a bit hard to see how far I was pulling the plunger for those critical skill shots (I prefer to play my games in the dark). I replaced the black shooter tip with white and put a yellow piece of vinyl under the dashes. Also spiced up the bottom portion with a nuclear symbol. I like how it turned out.[quoted image]

I just lit mine. It's still easy to see with the room lights off.

IMG_4113 copy (resized).jpgIMG_4113 copy (resized).jpg
#5636 4 years ago

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.

videotogif_2019.04.13_09.14.56.gifvideotogif_2019.04.13_09.14.56.gif
#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Sold, please let me know where to send payment!

#5638 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sold, please let me know where to send payment!

It's been slow going and frustrating getting a complete design together, PCB and design software has a steep learning curve.

#5639 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Here's a sample of something i've slowly been working on, summertime lazyness. Optos track the plunger and will have different effects for ball waiting to plung and autoplunger. The paper is just acting as a diffuser and will not cover the main opening.[quoted image]

Count me in

#5640 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

That looks fantastic. Take my money please.

#5641 4 years ago

I too would like to preorder 5 of these. totally serious.

#5642 4 years ago

Time to get off my lazy butt. Will keep everyone posted

#5643 4 years ago

Speaking of skill shots, I have an absolutely terrible time ever getting my plunge to go through the top lanes. Either too soft or too hard. Any suggestions?

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Speaking of skill shots, I have an absolutely terrible time ever getting my plunge to go through the top lanes. Either too soft or too hard. Any suggestions?

Practice or stick to the secret skillshot

#5645 4 years ago

I have the same issue. Just really tough I think. I’ve even played with different shooter rod springs.

It weird because I can basically hit any lane I want on my CFTBL which is a similar skill shot.

#5646 4 years ago

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have the same issue. Just really tough I think. I’ve even played with different shooter rod springs.
It weird because I can basically hit any lane I want on my CFTBL which is a similar skill shot.

Scott is leaning back in his chair, with an evil grin and thinking to himself... NAILED IT!!!

#5647 4 years ago

If you beat the game, don't let Scott know and/or see how...he will make the game harder because of you.

#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

If you beat the game, don't let Scott know and/or see how...he will make the game harder because of you.

Only way to beat would be like Bowen does slow it down. It’d be a cool option where you had 6 minutes or XX minutes maximum time. (menu setting). After time is up the game is over.

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

TheNoTrashCougar I beat it. Make it harder!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460415653

#5650 4 years ago

Anyone wanna sell their cassette tape OST? I didn't get one before they sold out :\

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/113?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.