(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 239.
#5501 4 years ago

I just upgraded to newest code.....easy peasy!

#5502 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have something going on during multiball. Keep getting awarded triple jackpot over and over again if I get it once. Opto maybe?

Quoted from Whysnow:

got to be an flakey opto wire or opto itself.
Put game in switch test and pound on the pf to see if anything registers.
Do it with that drop target in both the up and down position.

Thanks Whysnow. Just to close out this issue... Was just a simple loose wire going to the third drop target. When I touched it fell off. Funny that it was hanging on for dear life so when I scored a triple jackpot on that switch it would go all haywire and keep awarding it the jackpot over and over. I stripped the wire down a bit and gave it a nice strong solder. Works great now. Maybe I should reset my scores lol.
8C76C6DD-EB65-4E27-93D6-F6725DD054E5 (resized).jpeg8C76C6DD-EB65-4E27-93D6-F6725DD054E5 (resized).jpeg
09054B5E-B1BA-4527-A645-A2E5F4E07C60 (resized).jpeg09054B5E-B1BA-4527-A645-A2E5F4E07C60 (resized).jpeg
A8B722FA-A6E9-4F19-AA72-CB4D8963DCF9 (resized).jpegA8B722FA-A6E9-4F19-AA72-CB4D8963DCF9 (resized).jpeg

#5503 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There is just something about this game....[quoted image]

Its an awesome game. I love that it looks very easy but is not at all, its a fast challenging game with the best lightshow and soundtrack. The shots are very well layed out and feel great accomplishing them. Its a keeper for sure.

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Its an awesome game. I love that it looks very easy but is not at all, its a fast challenging game with the best lightshow and soundtrack. The shots are very well layed out and feel great accomplishing them. Its a keeper for sure.

yes definitely has a special quality.

#5505 4 years ago

Any left at distributors, or all sold out?

#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I guess v1.3 is the latest code? Is there a new code drop soon or should I upgrade to 1.3?

There’s a slightly newer beta if you’re into that. I’m running it and its been good. V1.3.1b3

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

#5507 4 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Sold out, but nice huo ones are on the market for good prices.

#5508 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

There’s a slightly newer beta if you’re into that. I’m running it and its been good. V1.3.1b3
http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=1724

Since I updated to 1.3 have had issues where the slingshot kicker will extend and hold out for a few seconds (never happened to me before).

#5509 4 years ago

I updated to 1.3 recently and have been playing a lot. I haven't seen this happen on mine. I don't know what I'm talking about regarding this issue, but maybe try reseating the cables in the backbox? Possible you bumped or pulled a wire while you had it open?

#5510 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Since I updated to 1.3 have had issues where the slingshot kicker will extend and hold out for a few seconds (never happened to me before).

I think this is what the beta took care of. Scott was on top of it and pretty certain I’m running the beta now and haven’t had any problems.

#5511 4 years ago

Yeah the sticky sling is an artifact of a machine gunning and mis adjusted sling switch. The beta 1.3.1.b3 has a watchdog for this, but you should still adjust your slings.

#5512 4 years ago

How do I adjust the slings?

#5513 4 years ago

Was there ever an answer to the buzzing right flipper? I posted a video of this but unless I missed it, I didn’t see a response. Haven’t had any issues with it at all, hoping it stays that way.

#5514 4 years ago

Classy! Got my new shooter rod from Cointaker.
IMG_20190710_122648654 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_122648654 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190710_124025020 (resized).jpgIMG_20190710_124025020 (resized).jpg

#5515 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's nice. Subtle and not too over the top.

#5516 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

That's nice. Subtle and not too over the top.

I was looking at the bright yellow one that's out there, but it didn't really seem to "match" the game. I like this one better, and it was only 30 bucks.

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I was looking at the bright yellow one that's out there, but it didn't really seem to "match" the game. I like this one better, and it was only 30 bucks.

I like either one. I have the yellow one. I think it goes good with the game.

20190606_214804 (resized).jpg20190606_214804 (resized).jpg
#5518 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I like either one. I have the yellow one. I think it goes good with the game.[quoted image]

I’d happily settle for either plunger, and a TNA machine to go with it...

#5519 4 years ago

Scott - is there a reason the 1.3 beta is....still in beta? Are you adding more stuff to the final release? Still not rock solid?

#5520 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah the sticky sling is an artifact of a machine gunning and mis adjusted sling switch. The beta 1.3.1.b3 has a watchdog for this, but you should still adjust your slings.

Misadjusted in which direction? On the game I just picked up, the slingshot switches have a much larger gap than normal to the point they are not active enough. I have seen the sticky slingshot coil a couple times now. I would think a machine gunning problem would be from switches with too close of a gap needing more debounce logic.

#5521 4 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

They said they are going to do another run since it has been their number one game. They just don't know when yet because hands full with Alice Cooper pin...

spooky (resized).jpgspooky (resized).jpg
#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's fantastic! Just ordered one!

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

That's fantastic! Just ordered one!

Cool. I actually think that yellow one looks good too, seeing it installed. This one is just kinda cool because it's a little sleeper I guess.

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How do I adjust the slings?

Never had to adjust the slings in 15 years?!? Damn you’re lucky. Make the switch blades on the sling switch further apart. Makes them less sensitive, prevents machine gunning, and prevents this artifact (sticking) as Scott calls it.

But it sounds like from Robf’s Post, that might not help.

#5525 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never had to adjust the slings in 15 years?!? Damn you’re lucky. Make the switch blades on the sling switch further apart. Makes them less sensitive, prevents machine gunning, and prevents this artifact (sticking) as Scott calls it.
But it sounds like from Robf’s Post, that might not help.

Have a few times. Just saying my pin was 100% perfect until 1.3 now it’s going crazy. Has to be the software. My upper slings are going off like mad.

#5526 4 years ago

Mod father shooter from CV iirc

718F35AA-F17E-4853-8239-51337EAA63B3 (resized).jpeg718F35AA-F17E-4853-8239-51337EAA63B3 (resized).jpeg138FE0CF-5A86-4571-9960-A51726464209 (resized).jpeg138FE0CF-5A86-4571-9960-A51726464209 (resized).jpeg608DB4BC-6FF2-49BD-99E1-6DCA87DF38DF (resized).jpeg608DB4BC-6FF2-49BD-99E1-6DCA87DF38DF (resized).jpeg

#5527 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Have a few times. Just saying my pin was 100% perfect until 1.3 now it’s going crazy. Has to be the software. My upper slings are going off like mad.

put the latest beta on.

#5528 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Misadjusted in which direction? On the game I just picked up, the slingshot switches have a much larger gap than normal to the point they are not active enough. I have seen the sticky slingshot coil a couple times now. I would think a machine gunning problem would be from switches with too close of a gap needing more debounce logic.

Make sure the base of the sling switches (could be below the playfield) also is not touching and making contact and clean the contacts on the switch blades with a piece of printer paper. The blades touching, or nearly touching at the base can also cause the switch to activate.

Quoted from rai:

Please make sure to adjust your slings. I changed the sling handling logic, but did not mess with how the switches are activated, you should just look at making sure these are all adjusted. I recommend getting a switch adjuster tool from Pinball Life (shameless plug, sorry), it will save you time if you do not already have one.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html
Leaf Adjuster Tool (resized).jpgLeaf Adjuster Tool (resized).jpg

Quoted from mrgregb123:

Scott - is there a reason the 1.3 beta is....still in beta? Are you adding more stuff to the final release? Still not rock solid?

The software is still beta because I want to add a few more things before I call this version done. This beta version is solid. Believe it or not, I am still working on the software on this game. I cannot help myself.

--Scott

#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has to be the software. My upper slings are going off like mad.

switches are a physical part. they bend over time and things change, esp in a game with rapid ball movement.

rubbers also change over time, stretch, and shift which impacts how a switch is hit or in many cases gets bounce back for a machine gun effect.

just adjust your switches to gap them more.

#5530 4 years ago

Make sure the base of the sling switches (could be below the playfield) also is not touching and making contact and clean the contacts on the switch blades with a piece of printer paper. The blades touching, or nearly touching at the base can also cause the switch to activate.

Please make sure to adjust your slings. I changed the sling handling logic, but did not mess with how the switches are activated, you should just look at making sure these are all adjusted. I recommend getting a switch adjuster tool from Pinball Life (shameless plug, sorry), it will save you time if you do not already have one.
https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html
[quoted image]

The software is still beta because I want to add a few more things before I call this version done. This beta version is solid. Believe it or not, I am still working on the software on this game. I cannot help myself.
--Scott

Scott, I think I speak for everyone here that we really appreciate your continued work on the code, and your sincere interactions with the TNA owners on Pinside, as part of your effort to help them get their games dialed in (me especially!!!). It speaks to who you are. Thank you.

#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree, I find it hard to believe so many people suddenly have incorrectly adjusted switches immediately after a software update. I've adjusted mine to have a pretty noticeable gap and I still get the occasional "sticky" sling.

#5532 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They said they are going to do another run since it has been their number one game. They just don't know when yet because hands full with Alice Cooper pin...[quoted image]

Thanks for the info, I'll be on the lookout

#5533 4 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Scott, I think I speak for everyone here that we really appreciate your continued work on the code, and your sincere interactions with the TNA owners on Pinside, as part of your effort to help them get their games dialed in (me especially!!!). It speaks to who you are. Thank you.

I don’t appreciate it. TNA is already perfection. Bring on Danesi #2!

#5534 4 years ago

Cool man. Guys like you and Lyman are passionate about their games, and we appreciate it. He's still updating Metallica and the game came out like 5 years ago.

#5535 4 years ago

Anybody need the clear diffuser for the speaker LEDs? Bought it from ledocd and realize I don't need it. 15 shipped.

#5536 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Cool man. Guys like you and Lyman are passionate about their games, and we appreciate it. He's still updating Metallica and the game came out like 5 years ago.

They are both masterpieces!!!

#5537 4 years ago

anyone have any suggestions on how to make the scoop more reliable?? my pitch is probably right around 6.2. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. looking for more of a deadpool style scoop reliability, if that makes any sense.

#5538 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

anyone have any suggestions on how to make the scoop more reliable?? my pitch is probably right around 6.2. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. looking for more of a deadpool style scoop reliability, if that makes any sense.

are you not able to stick shots?
are they clean shots?

if so then bend the scoop hood slightly up or slightly down. One way or the other will likely be all you need to more directly push the ball into the scoop.

You could try a piece of drop dead foam on the inside of the scoop arch where the ball hits but I am not a fan of this and usually not needed.

#5539 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Search this topic for the word scoop. Should find lots of suggestions.

#5540 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

I bent my scoop hood forward and it helped a lot. Just make sure you don't bend it too far forward or else balls will get stuck when exiting the reactor into the scoop.

#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

I put a small felt tape strip in the back of the scoop and it eliminated virtually all rejects.

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Here’s some pics for swapping the psu fan. You need to remove the psu from the machine. Open it’s case. Remove the screws from the PCB to free the fan. Cut the fan wire from the old fan. Solder it on the new fan.
About an hour of work. $10 in parts.
The mod cut the noise down by 80%. Now it’s great and not annoying at all.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hoping someone will see this since I have my game apart. So just red/black to red/black?

In other words, red/black wires from the plug in the computer to where the red/black wires were on the new fan?

#5543 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Hoping someone will see this since I have my game apart. So just red/black to red/black?
In other words, red/black wires from the plug in the computer to where the red/black wires were on the new fan?

Yes, it's that simple. If you have a yellow wire on your new fan just ignore it, that's for speed control, power supply won't use it. Just need red and black, match them up, done.

#5544 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Can you post a picture also what fan did you use?

#5545 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, it's that simple. If you have a yellow wire on your new fan just ignore it, that's for speed control, power supply won't use it. Just need red and black, match them up, done.

Yep, I was reading up and figured out exactly what you said. Thanks!

#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you post a picture also what fan did you use?

I used the Stealth model posted earlier in this thread.

#5547 4 years ago

OMG. I just installed the speaker kit from spooky. LOOKS AWESOME!

#5548 4 years ago

I searched but wasnt able to find. What are you guys setting your reactor coil power to? Mine was on 15 but is killing the right top slingshot star posts quickly. And by killing I mean shattering. Thanks

#5549 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG. I just installed the speaker kit from spooky. LOOKS AWESOME!

I love mine too, they look so good

#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I searched but wasnt able to find. What are you guys setting your reactor coil power to? Mine was on 15 but is killing the right top slingshot star posts quickly. And by killing I mean shattering. Thanks

What software do you have? Go to tnapinball.com and download the newest software update and install it on the machine. There is instructions on the site

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/111?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.