(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,849 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by razorsedge
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,075 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DAD43FAE-7FB4-4EF9-B858-C0415412A49D (resized).jpeg
358E396E-F8C0-41A9-90E9-B6045518B542 (resized).jpeg
giphy-downsized.gif
20200527_201329 (resized).jpg
IMG_9068 (resized).jpeg
20200526_171705 (resized).jpg
51X+nMkpnpL._SL1001_ (resized).jpg
shopping (resized).png
6cm 12v fan (resized).jpg
BC9021B7-4011-45A8-967C-016D1A72A9CB (resized).jpeg
20200516_175116 (resized).jpg
20200510_114848 (resized).jpg
20200510_110829 (resized).jpg
13A834AC-7357-4C55-AB0F-D615C57C00E7 (resized).jpeg
rgbCLAMP (resized).png
f900268df5b8b61a2546a83a95fcb208 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6849 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 137.
#5451 11 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Working on a new plastic protector that highlights the ball locks may try some colors next[quoted image]

That is cleaver! I wonder if we could get a light on the rim so that it would illuminate the design.

#5452 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

That is cleaver! I wonder if we could get a light on the rim so that it would illuminate the design.

I'd like to see that
Between the two ideas, you may have stumbled across a great mod for all pins.

#5453 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Where did you get those plastic protectors?

I cut them out myself. Stay tuned. Some coming up for sale.

#5454 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I cut them out myself. Stay tuned. Some coming up for sale.Did this three days after getting game

20190601_104715 (resized).jpg20190601_113138 (resized).jpg20190601_113143 (resized).jpg20190601_122431_HDR (resized).jpg
#5455 11 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Those buttons are controlled by the switch board located to the left side of the base cabinet by the coin door. Check the power (red and black) wires and the data (grey) cable.

I got it fixed yesterday! Turns out one of the connectors came off a board in the head and fell into the conduit between the head and cabinet. Fished it out and reconnected and everything works! Man this game is fun!!!

#5456 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely interested in a set!

#5458 11 months ago

I just ordered a set yesterday from Scott

#5459 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

I just ordered a set yesterday from Scott

I know who you are now! Muhahah!

Gotta give a shout out to spiderpin for the idea to cut these in Fluorescent Green! They look really neat and radioactive.

--Scott

#5460 11 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I know who you are now! Muhahah!
Gotta give a shout out to spiderpin for the idea to cut these in Fluorescent Green! They look really neat and radioactive.
--Scott

Crap you found me lol. Thank you spiderpin for coming up the this. I love the radioactive glow these have. Fits the theme perfectly.

#5461 11 months ago

First test piece in clear. Some minor adjustments need made but very happy onto the florescent. Of course we will make it in clear too
20190620_191338 (resized).jpg20190620_191400 (resized).jpg20190620_191402 (resized).jpg20190620_191410 (resized).jpg20190620_191423 (resized).jpg20190620_191432 (resized).jpg

#5462 11 months ago

Looks awesome! I’d take a clear.

#5463 11 months ago

I just want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Charlie, Danesi, and KT about being awesome and making such an awesome pin!

#5464 11 months ago

Still haven't been able to test the game. Did not find any in Switzerland yet.
So as the wife is also quite interested in it, we might look for one to join the club in a few months.

#5465 11 months ago

I know this has been asked a million times but whats the right clear washers that wont react with my star posts and cause them to break down

#5466 11 months ago

I know this has been asked a million times but whats the right clear washers that wont react with my star posts and cause them to break down

So, I ended up using the clear plastic washers and I am pretty happy with the results. They seem to protect the playfield and blend in. I’ll try to take a picture later.

#5467 11 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So, I ended up using the clear plastic washers and I am pretty happy with the results. They seem to protect the playfield and blend in. I’ll try to take a picture later.

Got a link?

#5468 11 months ago

The clear rubber ones from Amazon seem to make the starposts deteriorate over time as has happened to many people who have used them, mine included. I've ended up using the black rubber ones Spooky sent me. They are also slightly thinner than the clear ones so shouldn't affect your slings (leaf switch popping out due to increased height).

Spooky also initially sent me clear plastic ones. I haven't used them as I feel rubber has less chance of causing further playfield damage than plastic.

#5469 11 months ago

I posted this some time back when there was an issue with the clear silicon ones and my star posts shattering, but I think I was the only one at the time. The problem I had was that I wasn't tightening the post down snug enough. With it being a bit thicker and more flexible, not snugging it down really well (I think) allowed the star post to flex when struck by the ball. Over time, it started to break. I don't think there is any chemical reaction involved. After replacing my star posts (and using the same washers) I snugged them down really good and haven't had an issue since.

This was several months ago when the whole playfield thing started coming up. YMMV obviously, but the clear ones blend in very well and don't cause issues.

Also, in regards to the rubber height, it's just a matter of adjusting your switches to make sure there's contact once you install the washers. It's really only 1 or 2 mm height difference (if that). Any respectable pinball owner should have a leaf switch adjustment tool anyways

#5470 11 months ago

Now offering in clear or green

20190626_184654 (resized).jpg20190626_184655 (resized).jpg20190626_184659 (resized).jpg20190626_184702 (resized).jpg
#5471 11 months ago

Now offering in clear or green[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

are you selling them?

I'd like a green one.

#5472 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

are you selling them?
I'd like a green one.

Yes, they will be on the market place both in clear and fluorescent green

#5474 11 months ago

Hmm, thought green would screw up all of the hard work Scott put into lighting. But since he plugged them on his own Facebook I might have to rethink that.

#5475 11 months ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html. I think the 3/4 fit really well. You have to hold them center, but it is easy as you can nudge them before you tighten the posts. I’ll get a picture, I have just been busy.

#5476 11 months ago

That’s not the same thing. Was referring to the plastic cover with etched 1 & 2.

#5477 11 months ago

Yeah, what Rob did is totally a different thing. Rob's mod can be used in place of that Lock plastic with the PBL Fluorescent Green protector set. Very nice work robertstone0407 !
--Scott

#5478 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s not the same thing. Was referring to the plastic cover with etched 1 & 2.

Hi there!
I'm doing the plastics for Robert. I've got them listed in my pinside shop now. yay..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1195-rgp-models/02679-etched-protector-acrylic-for-total-nuclear-annihilation
Feel free to contact me.
I'm looking for more ideas, so hit me up if you want something for your game that robertstone0407 and I haven't thought of yet.
Robert

IMG_2985 (resized).JPGIMG_2986 (resized).JPGIMG_2988 (resized).JPGIMG_2994 (resized).JPG
#5479 11 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yeah, what Rob did is totally a different thing. Rob's mod can be used in place of that Lock plastic with the PBL Fluorescent Green protector set. Very nice work robertstone0407 !
--Scott

Also we can always etch your set if someone mails it. No need to buy two sets

#5480 11 months ago

We played some limited reactor battles on my stream last night. I think it is a really fun way to battle friends and play multiple quick games. Figured I'd throw some links here in case anyone is interested in what it looks like.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445208706
YouTube:

Thanks,
-Jim
renopinball.com

#5481 11 months ago

Here are a couple of photos of those hard PETG washers under the posts. I have put about ~70 games on it since installing them, and I have not noticed any ill effects. Keep in mind that @thenotrashcougar recommended that we not do this as a solution to the playfield flaking problems. If you do this, I cannot vouch for the longevity or potential further damage. I also installed the playfield protector just to try it out on this game. That is what you will notice outside of the 3/4th washer.

IMG_1324 (resized).JPEGIMG_1325 (resized).JPEG
#5482 11 months ago
Quoted from jim5six:

We played some limited reactor battles on my stream last night. I think it is a really fun way to battle friends and play multiple quick games. Figured I'd throw some links here in case anyone is interested in what it looks like.
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445208706
YouTube:
Thanks,
-Jim
renopinball.com

awesome

#5483 11 months ago

Just noticed watching that stream above, would be nice to see how much the shots or spinner spins score on the LCD (as opposed to looking on the score display count up)

#5484 11 months ago

I'm thinking of leaving the club, don't really want to, but need to move a pin to fit another project and for various reasons I need my other games still. But I'll tell you what, I waited until last night to do the best mod to TNA, wish I'd gotten around to it earlier to enjoy the benefits more. Put a silent fan in the power supply! I can't tell you how irritating I find jet engine fan noise. Fine when the game is running, but it made me not want the game on in the background when not playing.

$10 and a little time with a socket, screwdriver, and soldering iron. Highly recommended. Here's the model I used:

amazon.com link »

I haven't put the glass back on to see how quiet it will really get, but big noise reduction even with it off.

#5485 11 months ago

Fluorescent pink and green plastic protectors.

20190629_210530 (resized).jpg
#5486 11 months ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Fluorescent pink and green plastic protectors.[quoted image]

Wow, that’s nice!

#5487 11 months ago

Hi All, can anyone suggest the best way to protect the left scoop edges on TNA? I have seen people using mylar, self laminating sheets, and also "painting" an adhesive or something on the inside edges to protect it. Also, if anyone knows the latest on when a Cliffy might come available (I am aware there are design/install challenges with that part of the playfield).

Thanks so much!

#5488 11 months ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Hi All, can anyone suggest the best way to protect the left scoop edges on TNA? I have seen people using mylar, self laminating sheets, and also "painting" an adhesive or something on the inside edges to protect it. Also, if anyone knows the latest on when a Cliffy might come available (I am aware there are design/install challenges with that part of the playfield).
Thanks so much!

I have a playfield protector over the whole playfield and it covers this area around the left scoop

#5489 11 months ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Thanks so much!i asked that question a long time ago on here and was told to get over it, its a pinball machine.
So probably not a good thing to ask.

#5490 11 months ago

is it difficult to install the Hooked lit side rail kit?

#5491 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

is it difficult to install the Hooked lit side rail kit?

Its super easy. Remove flipper buttons, remove some screws holding the rails on. Stick the led strip to the rails, and put it back together. The screws that hold the rails on will puncture the light strip, but its okay. The only challenging part is if your flipper buttons are hot glued in, you have to dig the hot glue out.

#5492 11 months ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Thanks so much!

My scoop was chipping so I brushed a small coat of clearweld epoxy around the edges to protect the damage. This was back in April and I have not noticed any more damage. Seems like that did the trick. I talked with Charlie at TPF about the scoop and he suggested the epoxy when I showed him the pic. He said they gave cliffy a playfield a while ago and that he should have the protector ready soon. That was back in March so I would assume it should be this year.

#5493 11 months ago
Quoted from JamesMxP:

So much for the adjustment. The tension of the spring bends the metal stop back to where the brass finger binds every 10 games or so. Kind of frustrating for a game I’ve had for one day.
My pop bumper also fell apart, which was exciting. Thanks to Chris at Spooky who responded to my panicked email late at night on Thanksgiving with reassembly instructions.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have those instructions still? This just happened to me.

#5494 10 months ago

OMG, just joined the club this morning.... Loving it! I'm on old software, any tricks to updating, or is it like a stern? Came with 102 plays on it, butter cab, Shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, and I just installed the lit rail mod. Wooohooooo! What a fun game.
IMG_20190705_142008817 (resized).jpg

#5495 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OMG, just joined the club this morning.... Loving it! I'm on old software, any tricks to updating, or is it like a stern? Came with 102 plays on it, butter cab, Shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, and I just installed the lit rail mod. Wooohooooo! What a fun game.
[quoted image]

It updates similar to a Spike2 stern, yep. There's a USB slot on the mini-computer in the backbox, on the (right?) side. I think the USB ports are facing upwards. You turn the game off, plug your USB in, turn on the game and let the update run, turn off the game, remove the USB, and then start the game again.

#5496 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

[quoted image]

I’m still on old code as well. Love the pin.

#5497 10 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m still on old code as well. Love the pin.

Are there reasons to not update, or ya just havent? I feel compelled to do it asap

#5498 10 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Are there reasons to not update, or ya just havent? I feel compelled to do it asap

No there is not. The latest update fixes all the problems in the old software, like airballs, hitting the glass, makes the slings run better, made my game play great without worrying it would destroy itself.

#5499 10 months ago

There is just something about this game....

IMG_20190705_230119251 (resized).jpg
#5500 10 months ago

I guess v1.3 is the latest code? Is there a new code drop soon or should I upgrade to 1.3?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 17.50
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 6849 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 137.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside