(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg
20240310_214123 (resized).jpg
20240310_214158 (resized).jpg
20240310_214519 (resized).jpg
20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 239.
#5401 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Thanks guys,
Yeah its always happened on non-square or soft hits before but it was relatively rare and pretty obvious that it was the quality of the strike that was the cause. There's definitely been a change in the last 70 games or so (I've put about 1100 on the game) and it's hard to go a game without it happening at least once and I'm at the point where my urge to play has dropped drastically because of it. The game was definitely hard enough for me before this started happening, so I'll do some more testing and maybe look at the mechanism or maybe god forbid the flipper power.
Thanks again for the help, I'll report back if I find anything out for future reference.

That's too bad that it's keeping you from playing it more. To me, it's part of the mechanical nature of pinball. Things vary and it's not pre-programmed to drop like a video game might be when you've hit the "hit box."

#5402 4 years ago

I'm thinking of changing my post to Fluorescent Green the upper - Narrow Plastic Post 1-1/16" Tall #550-5059-11 and the Fluorescent Green Transluscent Star Post 1-1/16" Tall #550-5034-11 from Pinball Life. I changed the clear plastic protection to ... Yep Fluorescent Green. Yes I like green but can't keep it in my wallet. What say you.

20190601_120300_HDR (resized).jpg20190601_120300_HDR (resized).jpg
#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Correct. Also, the software knows this happens. I wonder if I should make a funny callout for it. I have seen this on my game as well if you do not hit the first drop straight up.
--Scott

If the software knows about it, maybe just have the first drop come down (via software)? I would say this happens about 1 out of every 10-15 multiballs on my TNA and is frustrating for sure. I'm not arguing that it's not a square enough hit... but I do know that it's hard enough of a hit to give the first ball sufficient energy to drop the second target. I guess in my mind, if I have that much energy imparted, it just doesn’t make sense for the first drop to stay up.

#5404 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

If the software knows about it, maybe just have the first drop come down (via software)? I would say this happens about 1 out of every 10-15 multiballs on my TNA and is frustrating for sure. I'm not arguing that it's not a square enough hit... but I do know that it's hard enough of a hit to give the first ball sufficient energy to drop the second target. I guess in my mind, if I have that much energy imparted, it just doesn’t make sense for the first drop to stay up, especially if the software can correct for it.

I very rarely have this happen on mine, and I would not want software to control the physical part of the game, I just need to hit it better/harder/straighter... "play better". I will say no other game I play makes me curse more than this one, and it's all at myself usually for bricking the shot trying to start multiball on ball 3 for an stdm when the next reactor is primed to go.

#5405 4 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I very rarely have this happen on mine, and I would not want software to control the physical part of the game, I just need to hit it better/harder/straighter... "play better". I will say no other game I play makes me curse more than this one, and it's all at myself usually for bricking the shot trying to start multiball on ball 3 for an stdm when the next reactor is primed to go.

I see your point... I guess it was just a knee-jerk reaction on my part when Scott posted that the software knows about it. For the record, my goal is always to "play better"... that's why I play pinball almost daily.

#5406 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Thanks guys,
Yeah its always happened on non-square or soft hits before but it was relatively rare and pretty obvious that it was the quality of the strike that was the cause. There's definitely been a change in the last 70 games or so (I've put about 1100 on the game) and it's hard to go a game without it happening at least once and I'm at the point where my urge to play has dropped drastically because of it. The game was definitely hard enough for me before this started happening, so I'll do some more testing and maybe look at the mechanism or maybe god forbid the flipper power.
Thanks again for the help, I'll report back if I find anything out for future reference.

should have reached out to spooky tech support or the distributor you got it from...

i heard he is a good guy and if wasn't dealing with a screaming child around 9pm last night I am sure he would have jumped on here and helped out.

#5407 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Finally got my lighted side rail mod and lighted hinge mod installed today! Wow. I love it. Check out hooked Sweet sweet mod!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you run the wires for the siderails?

#5408 4 years ago

Help! Anyone’s game ever do this? It did it a couple nights ago and it went away after I rebooted. In the most recent instance it happened right after locking my second ball.

#5409 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Where did you run the wires for the siderails?

You simply run the wires toward the head of the machine in the space between the glass channel and cab.
Once the wire exits the back of the side armor you tuck he wire between the head and lower cab placing the wire in the factory hole near hinge.
These install like our SWLE side rail lighting kits and we have a vid on our youtube Hookedonpinball or linked to the SWLE rail kit page on hookedonpinball.com

Ghost hinge lighting kits are in stock also for TNA and ACNC.

#5410 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed chipping on the mini posts on the outlanes? I was cleaning my TNA today and noticed both of mine have minor chipping around the washer. The right side is worse than the left, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas to mitigate further damage. Maybe just put on slightly larger washers?

edit: Spooky is going to send some larger washers to try out, though they haven't actually seen this happening yet.

20190607_210422 (resized).jpg20190607_210422 (resized).jpg20190607_210432 (resized).jpg20190607_210432 (resized).jpg

#5411 4 years ago

Anyone who put the neoprene washer under the post find a way to get the slings to fire normally? Mine barely fire during a game. It takes a super hard hit to the slings for them to fire. When you put the washer under the post it changes the height of the rubber. I have tried to adjust the leaf switch with a gap tool but it seems to do nothing because of the change in height.

Am I missing something?

It has made this once fun game basically unplayable.

Extremely frustrated with this game and spooky.

#5412 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Has anyone noticed chipping on the mini posts on the outlanes? I was cleaning my TNA today and noticed both of mine have minor chipping around the washer. The right side is worse than the left, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas to mitigate further damage. Maybe just put on slightly larger washers?
edit: Spooky is going to send some larger washers to try out, though they haven't actually seen this happening yet.

1. There is a big time problem with these star posts. Do some research.

2. What are you "cleaning" your playfield with, cause i would be freaking out if I had those swirls.

#5413 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

1. There is a big time problem with these star posts. Do some research.
2. What are you "cleaning" your playfield with, cause i would be freaking out if I had those swirls.

1. Spooky told me they haven't had any reports of wear like this yet around the mini-posts. I couldn't find much info on wear like this when googling, but if you have some links that might have better info on how to cover up the damage that'd be awesome.

2. The swirls don't look any different than the swirls I've seen on other clearcoated playfields, I could hit it with Novus I suppose. I'm just using CP-100, should I be using something else? The reflection of the light makes them seem more pronounced than they actually are. This picture was also before I waxed.

#5414 4 years ago

What are your coil settings? My flippers and slings make the ball jump every time. I had the slings on 5 and the ball bounced back and forth between the two then jumped hit the glass landed on the sling and broke the corner of the plastic off. I love this game so much but it goes airborne constantly. Im worried its just gonna destroy itself.

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

1. Spooky told me they haven't had any reports of wear like this yet around the mini-posts. I couldn't find much info on wear like this when googling, but if you have some links that might have better info on how to cover up the damage that'd be awesome.
2. The swirls don't look any different than the swirls I've seen on other clearcoated playfields, I could hit it with Novus I suppose. I'm just using CP-100, should I be using something else? The reflection of the light makes them seem more pronounced than they actually are. This picture was also before I waxed.

My apologies, there is a know issue with the regular star posts chipping the playfield, which Spooky has a fix for. I see your issue is different..

#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Wonder if those washers are upside down? Seems the rounded side should be down.

#5417 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone who put the neoprene washer under the post find a way to get the slings to fire normally? Mine barely fire during a game. It takes a super hard hit to the slings for them to fire. When you put the washer under the post it changes the height of the rubber. I have tried to adjust the leaf switch with a gap tool but it seems to do nothing because of the change in height.
Am I missing something?
It has made this once fun game basically unplayable.
Extremely frustrated with this game and spooky.

I dont think the change in height is enough to change how the switch registers. The only way to adjust the slings is to tighten the switch gaps. I know you've said you've already done that but if you're not at at least 1/8", I would tighten it up more. Start there and go tighter if needed.

Are you using stock rings or have they been changed? Smaller rings will make the switches harder to make contact than larger rings.

Lastly, see how the sling switches behave in switch test. Toss a ball against the slings at different speeds and adjust it until you're satisfied.

#5418 4 years ago

Regarding the buzz. I had something similar. In my case it was due to the audio cable coming loose at the amplifier. I re-seated it and then use some hot glue gun material on it.

#5419 4 years ago

Anyone else experiencing a lot of ball jumping on this machine?

#5420 4 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Thanks for your patience guys!
The upgrade: Cointaker’s 13 LED 89 bulb in RED
[quoted image]
In a lit room up close...
[quoted image]
Facing forward in a dark room.
[quoted image]
Facing away in a dark room.
[quoted image]
All in all I’m happy with how it turned out using the red version. It could be brighter if you went with a warm white option but, the beacon would get washed out to more of a pink hue if you used it.
The deep red is where it’s at.
I’d personally love somebody to create/3D print a clear vertically faceted diffuser dome to cleanly go over the 13 cob to blend the lighting a bit more.
Right now you can clearly see the individual LEDs underneath the beacon.
It’s not a dealbreaker but it is pretty obvious.
Still looks better than the stock 89 and really lights up the place at night.
Hope this helps folks!

I ordered this bulb, ill keep you posted about how it looks when it comes in.

20190611_101627 (resized).jpg20190611_101627 (resized).jpg
#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Anyone else experiencing a lot of ball jumping on this machine?

This game plays fast. If you see excessive ball jumps, you might need to turn down the power on your solenoids. It happens occasionally but shouldn't happen regularly.

#5422 4 years ago

Regarding ball jumps the software update a few months back improved this problem. This should get you there. http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=783

#5423 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I see your point... I guess it was just a knee-jerk reaction on my part when Scott posted that the software knows about it. For the record, my goal is always to "play better"... that's why I play pinball almost daily.

I've always enjoyed the little things like this in pinball. On my game (or maybe with my play style) this happens pretty infrequently. When it does, I love it. In fact, if TheNoTrashCougar says he knows when this happens in code I would love some kind of call out or visual! I've been very impressed that it can happen, yet not once has the game improperly trigged into a multiball mode.

Lastly, I think triggering the drop target with software would be impossible. The way those mechanisms are constructed, I think you would have to physically interact with the target in order to get it to drop.

#5424 4 years ago

I'm having a Drop Target 1 error (can't remember what it is specifically) when I check in audits, but the game doesn't play any differently. Does anyone else have any experience with this? The drop target goes up and down normally, and the switch registers normally from what I can tell. I can lock balls and start multiball regularly. It's had it a for a while now, but I never bothered since it didn't seem to cause any issue. I only went to check it when Scott added the credit dot feature, and the dot showed up.

#5425 4 years ago

I have something going on during multiball. Keep getting awarded triple jackpot over and over again if I get it once. Opto maybe?

#5426 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I've always enjoyed the little things like this in pinball. On my game (or maybe with my play style) this happens pretty infrequently. When it does, I love it. In fact, if thenotrashcougar says he knows when this happens in code I would love some kind of call out or visual! I've been very impressed that it can happen, yet not once has the game improperly trigged into a multiball mode.
Lastly, I think triggering the drop target with software would be impossible. The way those mechanisms are constructed, I think you would have to physically interact with the target in order to get it to drop.

Drop targets can be triggered with software . , it is done with an extra coil used to trigger them . They are triggered at the end of the game to release any locked balls .

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Drop targets can be triggered with software . , it is done with an extra coil used to trigger them . They are triggered at the end of the game to release any locked balls .

Yeah, there is also a test in the game to lower/raise the targets one at a time.

#5428 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have something going on during multiball. Keep getting awarded triple jackpot over and over again if I get it once. Opto maybe?

got to be an flakey opto wire or opto itself.

Put game in switch test and pound on the pf to see if anything registers.

Do it with that drop target in both the up and down position.

#5429 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I've always enjoyed the little things like this in pinball. On my game (or maybe with my play style) this happens pretty infrequently. When it does, I love it. In fact, if thenotrashcougar says he knows when this happens in code I would love some kind of call out or visual! I've been very impressed that it can happen, yet not once has the game improperly trigged into a multiball mode.

Wait, do you have a TNA as well, on location?

#5430 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Good point. I didn’t think about that. I was thinking about some of the older games I have messed around with. Sorry if I confused anyone.

#5431 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wait, do you have a TNA as well, on location?

Nah, I have one in my house. I’ve toyed with putting it on location, but I really like it and find myself playing it often.

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Nah, I have one in my house. I’ve toyed with putting it on location, but I really like it and find myself playing it often.

Thats cool. I played it at the Grid in Mesa when they had it.

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats cool. I played it at the Grid in Mesa when they had it.

I didn’t know they had it. I am bummed that they got rid of all of their pins . They had a nice collection.

#5434 4 years ago

Can anyone help with dimensions of the game? I am looking for main length/width and max height from the bottom of the cab to the head with it folded down. Thanks in advance.

#5435 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I didn’t know they had it. I am bummed that they got rid of all of their pins . They had a nice collection.

Yea that place is kinda cool, but not really interested since they got rid of the pins.

#5436 4 years ago

Here's what I ended up doing for the mini-post wear. It covers it up completely so I don't think it'll get worse. I also rounded the edges on the part I filed. Though I don't see a scenario where the ball would hit it anyway.

Though please let me know if this is a stupid idea lol.

20190615_143256 (resized).jpg20190615_143256 (resized).jpg20190615_145538 (resized).jpg20190615_145538 (resized).jpg20190615_150435 (resized).jpg20190615_150435 (resized).jpg
#5437 4 years ago

Following up to my last post...I decided to make it a bit cleaner.

I filed a more circular cut and sandwiched a neoprene washer underneath the larger washer. That mushroomed out a bit past the washer and is covering the wear entirely. The balls still bounce off the rubber rather than the washer, but if it for some reason hits the washer it will instead hit the neoprene washer and not the metal edge. For symmetry's sake (and preventing this from happening) I did it to the left side as well.

For reference:
Right side: #10 washer with a small notch filed in it, 3/8 washer underneath that.
Left side: stock washer (#8?) With a 5/16 sandwiched under it.

20190616_013809 (resized).jpg20190616_013809 (resized).jpg20190616_013946 (resized).jpg20190616_013946 (resized).jpg
#5438 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Following up to my last post...I decided to make it a bit cleaner.
I filed a more circular cut and sandwiched a neoprene washer underneath the larger washer. That mushroomed out a bit past the washer and is covering the wear entirely. The balls still bounce off the rubber rather than the washer, but if it for some reason hits the washer it will instead hit the neoprene washer and not the metal edge. For symmetry's sake (and preventing this from happening) I did it to the left side as well.
For reference:
Right side: #10 washer with a small notch filed in it, 3/8 washer underneath that.
Left side: stock washer (#8?) With a 5/16 sandwiched under it.[quoted image][quoted image]

that looks really good man.

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Here is our newest topper design for Total Nuclear Annihilation. I will be testing it on Scott's game next week and hope to have it interact with the siren topper on the game. Here are some pics and a vid.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where can i buy one?

#5440 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

that looks really good man.

Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. The notch I filed is probably unnecessary, but I'd rather not worry about it hitting the plastic post too. I actually like the look of neoprene washer being there, it's also a nice little extra layer of protection below the post washers.

#5441 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. The notch I filed is probably unnecessary, but I'd rather not worry about it hitting the plastic post too. I actually like the look of neoprene washer being there, it's also a nice little extra layer of protection below the post washers.

Where did you get those neoprene washers?

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Where did you get those neoprene washers?

They're from Home Depot. They're the standard neoprene washers they carry in the aisle with all the other washers, bolts, etc.

#5443 4 years ago

(to follow)

#5444 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm thinking of changing my post to Fluorescent Green the upper - Narrow Plastic Post 1-1/16" Tall #550-5059-11 and the Fluorescent Green Transluscent Star Post 1-1/16" Tall #550-5034-11 from Pinball Life. I changed the clear plastic protection to ... Yep Fluorescent Green. Yes I like green but can't keep it in my wallet. What say you.[quoted image]

Where did you get those plastic protectors?

#5445 4 years ago

Just unpacked my new-to-me TNA. Everything lights up but the start button and diagnostic buttons wont register. I checked for loose connections everywhere but could not find any. Any ideas on what could fix this? The game was working properly when packed as the seller sent videos.

#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Just unpacked my new-to-me TNA. Everything lights up but the start button and diagnostic buttons wont register. I checked for loose connections everywhere but could not find any. Any ideas on what could fix this? The game was working properly when packed as the seller sent videos.

Those buttons are controlled by the switch board located to the left side of the base cabinet by the coin door. Check the power (red and black) wires and the data (grey) cable.

#5447 4 years ago

Working on a new plastic protector that highlights the ball locks may try some colors next

received_2333329036690311 (resized).jpegreceived_2333329036690311 (resized).jpeg
#5448 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Working on a new plastic protector that highlights the ball locks may try some colors next[quoted image]

That’s awesome!

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s awesome!

Ill post some installed pictures soon. Tired from coating all day lol

#5450 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Working on a new plastic protector that highlights the ball locks may try some colors next[quoted image]

Looks great! Now I just need a TNA to have this mod done! Anybody want a Rob Zombie?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/109?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.