(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,916 posts
  • 768 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Kolk1
  • Topic is favorited by 320 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240310_142704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3820 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20221212_214152 (resized).jpg
Untitled22ja112 (resized).jpg
3x3a (resized).jpg
20230430_19513999A (resized).jpg
grid_2369 (resized).jpg
1000002832 (resized).jpg
1000002847 (resized).jpg
1000002845 (resized).jpg
1000002846 (resized).jpg
1000002843 (resized).jpg
1000002841 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 239.
#5351 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Does anyone ever consider it being a concern when few games were made - such as this one - and you keep seeing them pop up for sale?

No.

#5353 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Thanks Scott. I’ll try to find it before I reach out to support!

Hitting the power button on the computer worked. Thanks Scott!

CF8E6A61-8B88-40E9-A83A-88E6DE9994CE (resized).jpegCF8E6A61-8B88-40E9-A83A-88E6DE9994CE (resized).jpeg
#5354 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Does anyone ever consider it being a concern when few games were made - such as this one - and you keep seeing them pop up for sale?
Probably not? I mean there could be a 1,000 reasons someone wants to sell something and I would assume it’s only because they want something else more.

No

I also don’t think there are many for sale.
Keep in mind that many popular stern Pro games only are 1000 games. I see many stern games up for sale way more often

#5355 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably not? I mean there could be a 1,000 reasons someone wants to sell something and I would assume it’s only because they want something else more.

Nope, worrying about stuff like that is not worth anyone’s time in this short existence we all have . I buy games I like , that’s it .I don’t care what anyone else thinks of them , how many are for sale ,or what the market for them will be in the future .I really like this game and have no plans to ever sell it. I will admit that I am biased and this game was made to suit the type of game I enjoy to play and nailed it , but doesn’t change the fact that it is awesome. If you like this game and want to own one that is all that matters .

#5356 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nope, worrying about stuff like that is not worth anyone’s time in this short existence we all have . I buy games I like , that’s it .I don’t care what anyone else thinks of them , how many are for sale ,or what the market for them will be in the future .I really like this game and have no plans to ever sell it. I will admit that I am biased and this game was made to suit the type of game I enjoy to play and nailed it , but doesn’t change the fact that it is awesome. If you like this game and want to own one that is all that matters .

LOVE all that!

Yea. These aren’t investments. These are expensive toys that I want to play and blessed that I’m able to own.

#5357 4 years ago

Passing on a quick tech tip if anyone has this issue.

One of my grid lights went bad. The pinks were blue which made finishing the grid a little confusing. I reached out to Spooky who offered to fix the grid board.

Instead of the game being down for a few weeks, I bought a new grid board from pinballlife for $25. Installed and still the same issue.

I traced the ribbon cable to another board. Seems one of the minions got overzealous with the hot glue which prevented contact. Removed the glue, reseated the ribbon cable and all is well.

The good news is that now I own a spare grid board.
CAC1EE37-9FA3-42FE-8FF1-8A9BB05D985F (resized).jpegCAC1EE37-9FA3-42FE-8FF1-8A9BB05D985F (resized).jpeg

#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I have noted this as well and it kind of concerned me at first but I think there are a few reasons. The game is definitely unique and is not a journey pin, you do see most of what the pin offers in a very short period of time compared to some of the deeper games. Also, there was a bit of FOMO going on with this pin when the end of the run was announced which probably got a few people buying the machine that might have thought twice about it and passed if they didn't feel rushed to make a decision. Also, the game is hard and can be frustrating at times. This makes it a very tempting pin to move on from when the next new shiny is available.

Hell, I thought about selling mine to help fund a Pirates but then I realized that I've played the game every day since I've owned it. Objectively I think I like my BM66 more, I'm almost positive I'll own my BM66 well after I sell TNA but I simply play my TNA a lot more than my BM66 and I've owned it a month longer. I'm not any less thrilled to down reactors now than I was when I first got the game. I get just as angry when I have a bad run of games. In other words I'm definitely not bored. It's just intense pinball fun every game (maybe too intense sometimes).

I'll still probably sell my TNA at some point being that I only have a two pin collection and my whole plan was to rotate pins out somewhat fast over the next couple of years but I worry it will be a mistake. Also, even if I sell it and take the big NIB resale loss I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of it (about 1300 plays so far).

Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say don't worry about it It also will go great with a longer playing game like Pirates.

#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I have noted this as well and it kind of concerned me at first but I think there are a few reasons. The game is definitely unique and is not a journey pin, you do see most of what the pin offers in a very short period of time compared to some of the deeper games. Also, there was a bit of FOMO going on with this pin when the end of the run was announced which probably got a few people buying the machine that might have thought twice about it and passed if they didn't feel rushed to make a decision. Also, the game is hard and can be frustrating at times. This makes it a very tempting pin to move on from when the next new shiny is available.
Hell, I thought about selling mine to help fund a Pirates but then I realized that I've played the game every day since I've owned it. Objectively I think I like my BM66 more, I'm almost positive I'll own my BM66 well after I sell TNA but I simply play my TNA a lot more than my BM66 and I've owned it a month longer. I'm not any less thrilled to down reactors now than I was when I first got the game. I get just as angry when I have a bad run of games. In other words I'm definitely not bored. It's just intense pinball fun every game (maybe too intense sometimes).
I'll still probably sell my TNA at some point being that I only have a two pin collection and my whole plan was to rotate pins out somewhat fast over the next couple of years but I worry it will be a mistake. Also, even if I sell it and take the big NIB resale loss I'll feel like I got my money's worth out of it (about 1300 plays so far).
Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say don't worry about it It also will go great with a longer playing game like Pirates.

Sorry... FOMO?

#5360 4 years ago

Sorry about that, Fear of Missing Out. Sort of like the Pirates situation -- it suddenly became much more desirable when the run was limited.

#5361 4 years ago

Sorry about that, Fear of Missing Out. Sort of like the Pirates situation -- it suddenly became much more desirable when the run was limited.

Ah. Gotcha

Yea this would be my 3rd pin with Pirates and AFMr. I think it would round out a 3 pin nicely (though I want WOZ).

And I think it would be cool that each machine is from a different company.

#5362 4 years ago

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has problems with static from the speakers? This doesn’t always happen but every once in a while I get major static from the speakers during game play. I checked all of the connections and they appear secure. I have the speaker volume set to the lowest setting.

Any helpful hints would be great.

#5363 4 years ago
Quoted from Hyped:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has problems with static from the speakers? This doesn’t always happen but every once in a while I get major static from the speakers during game play. I checked all of the connections and they appear secure. I have the speaker volume set to the lowest setting.
Any helpful hints would be great.

Yeah. All the time, and it happened when I took it to a show. I ended up hot gluing the mini stereo jack connection to the amp to keep it from coming loose. We'll see if that helps. I think that's the only thing Spooky didn't hot glue

#5364 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I don't worry about stuff like that. It's just flat out the funnest game I've ever played. Some people get it, and a lot of people don't. I have also seen posts on here where people are looking for a TNA but can't find one.

#5365 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I don't worry about stuff like that. It's just flat out the funnest game I've ever played. Some people get it, and a lot of people don't. I have also seen posts on here where people are looking for a TNA but can't find one.

I’m one of those people...but I may have something in the works..

=)

#5366 4 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Yeah. All the time, and it happened when I took it to a show. I ended up hot gluing the mini stereo jack connection to the amp to keep it from coming loose. We'll see if that helps. I think that's the only thing Spooky didn't hot glue

Thank you for the reply. I will give that a try.

#5367 4 years ago

Thank you very much for your interest in my innovative services.

clone card & Secured shipping tunnel
cc Fullz & random Infos – 99% valid cards
Dumps with pin track 1&2 101 201
Western Union money transfer services
Bank Transfer – Bank Login
PayPal transfer – PayPal account verified
Gift Card Itune – Amazon – Ebay Etc
Electronics carding services
Booking flight ticket services – worldwide
Buy fake / genuine passports,
Buy a driver’s license, an ID card, a visa,
IELTS, birth certificate, social security card,
social insurance number and many other documents
Also contact for mining investments BITCOIN, BITWIRE and ETH

My contact for work:
-Email: [email protected] - Gmail: [email protected]

WathsApp: +1(347)688-2381 - ICQ : 744891874

computer1 (resized).jpgcomputer1 (resized).jpg
#5369 4 years ago

I think it's time to pick one of these up, and I'm seeing a number for sale. Is there a clear picture of which serial #s are affected by the playfield chipping issue? I saw the washer fix, but was something else changed in coating/process partway through the run?

#5370 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I think it's time to pick one of these up, and I'm seeing a number for sale. Is there a clear picture of which serial #s are affected by the playfield chipping issue? I saw the washer fix, but was something else changed in coating/process partway through the run?

The artwork was slightly modified to where it won’t go under the star posts. Games that seem to have the most issues with chipping are those that have artwork under the posts.

#5372 4 years ago

Go get it Joseph. You’re not going to find a better deal than that

#5373 4 years ago

When trying to increase your scores, I know about the Reactor Award bonus and Multiball but what do you focus on do you increase the end of ball Reactor Bonus?

#5374 4 years ago

Question about the flipper hold power…I should be able to hold my right flipper and withstand the impact from the reactor scoop right?

It seems when I do this now, the flipper will move as soon as the ball hits it. Also in a multi ball scenario I have seen it do a half flip when it has two or more balls, or get knocked backwards when trying to live catch a few balls at a time.

Is this simply the nut needing tightening or something with the coil?

#5376 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Reactor 9 runs with skipnatty happening now! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Great stream with the reactor 9 kill on the last game.
In 37 minutes.

#5377 4 years ago

He did the thing! Here's the clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/SarcasticApatheticWerewolfOpieOP

Will get the whole game up on YouTube too.

#5378 4 years ago

Here's the full game on YouTube if you want to see how it all came together:

#5379 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Here's the full game on YouTube if you want to see how it all came together:

I saw a whole thing on PBS last night about 'Deepfake' videos.
HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT IS REALLY REAL ANYMORE?!?!

#5380 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5381 4 years ago

Not watching any videos of someone finishing game until I do it myself... so probably never

#5382 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Not watching any videos of someone finishing game until I do it myself... so probably never

Would sorta take the fun out of it IMO.

Being told about a movie instead of watching it.
A book...
A game...

etc...

#5383 4 years ago

This game is definitely unique. I can't decide if I like the playfield all that much, but the music and sound is just so hypnotizing. I'm not an owner...just a closet fan (feel free to invite me over to play it in co-op mode because I haven't gotten to do that yet after just finding the game on location about an hour from me).

#5384 4 years ago

It just occurred to me that I have very few keepers-at-all-costs in my collection. Given the fact that the honeymoon period is way over with this game, and in a get together the other night at my house, it was the game that was played the most, it is now in the "untouchable" camp. All smiles with every press of the start button.

Great game.

#5385 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

This game is definitely unique. I can't decide if I like the playfield all that much, but the music and sound is just so hypnotizing. I'm not an owner...just a closet fan (feel free to invite me over to play it in co-op mode because I haven't gotten to do that yet after just finding the game on location about an hour from me).

You’re invited! I haven’t played a lot of co-op mode yet.

#5386 4 years ago

Anyone have bull jump issues?
Ive had it hit the glass, sidewalls, wood rails.

#5387 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob-T-800:

Anyone have bull jump issues?
Ive had it hit the glass, sidewalls, wood rails.

Go into the menu and adjust the coil settings down on the slings.
It will become a little tamer then

#5388 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Go into the menu and adjust the coil settings down on the slings.
It will become a little tamer then

Awesome thank you.

#5389 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

It just occurred to me that I have very few keepers-at-all-costs in my collection. Given the fact that the honeymoon period is way over with this game, and in a get together the other night at my house, it was the game that was played the most, it is now in the "untouchable" camp. All smiles with every press of the start button.
Great game.

How many games happen to be in your "untouchable" camp?

#5390 4 years ago

I still want one of these. Who wants to buy my Rob Zombie?

#5391 4 years ago

Sent payment for a TNA today! Should be in my possession on the 17th! Cannot wait!

#5392 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How many games happen to be in your "untouchable" camp?

Not many. 4 maybe? Star Trek LE, Fathom, Meteor and now... TNA. There is some I would have a hard time letting go, but those 4, they ain't leaving.

#5393 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Not many. 4 maybe? Star Trek LE, Fathom, Meteor and now... TNA. There is some I would have a hard time letting go, but those 4, they ain't leaving.

TNA and Creature are bolted to my floor.

#5394 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

The next showdown has to be TNA and you have to take the stance of hating it....

#5395 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The next showdown has to be TNA and you have to take the stance of hating it....

That would be great to hear how good SDTMinSTL can lie. He may not want his wife to listen to that show.
+1

#5396 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Ha. Well I blew my cover. Id do my damndest, but it wouldn't be a very convincing argument.

#5397 4 years ago

Hi all,

I tried searching this thread and I'm not sure I found anything that matches the issue I'm having (I'm sure I missed it). I'm having a lot of instances lately of having two balls locked, then when I hit the first drop target the ball behind it successfully hits second drop target releasing the ball behind it but the first drop target never goes down so I have two balls resting against the first drop target and have to hit it again to get multiball. Is this just a sensitivity issue with the first drop target? Anyone know how to adjust it to correct this?

#5398 4 years ago

Hi all,
I tried searching this thread and I'm not sure I found anything that matches the issue I'm having (I'm sure I missed it). I'm having a lot of instances lately of having two balls locked, then when I hit the first drop target the ball behind it successfully hits second drop target releasing the ball behind it but the first drop target never goes down so I have two balls resting against the first drop target and have to hit it again to get multiball. Is this just a sensitivity issue with the first drop target? Anyone know how to adjust it to correct this?

This can happen if you don't hit the first drop squarely. If you hit it on the (usually the right side) edge, it has a newton ball effect where the first ball will bounce back and hit the second drop, but the first drop still stays up. It also might be an issue where the drop target "bricks," when the drop target flexes when the ball hits it, but doesn't drop.

You can check the mechanism to see if the target is binding anywhere. Try dropping it and resetting it by hand. If you can do this easily, then your mech is working ok.

#5399 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This can happen if you don't hit the first drop squarely. If you hit it on the (usually the right side) edge, it has a newton ball effect where the first ball will bounce back and hit the second drop, but the first drop still stays up. It also might be an issue where the drop target "bricks," when the drop target flexes when the ball hits it, but doesn't drop.
You can check the mechanism to see if the target is binding anywhere. Try dropping it and resetting it by hand. If you can do this easily, then your mech is working ok.

Correct. Also, the software knows this happens. I wonder if I should make a funny callout for it. I have seen this on my game as well if you do not hit the first drop straight up.
--Scott

#5400 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks guys,

Yeah its always happened on non-square or soft hits before but it was relatively rare and pretty obvious that it was the quality of the strike that was the cause. There's definitely been a change in the last 70 games or so (I've put about 1100 on the game) and it's hard to go a game without it happening at least once and I'm at the point where my urge to play has dropped drastically because of it. The game was definitely hard enough for me before this started happening, so I'll do some more testing and maybe look at the mechanism or maybe god forbid the flipper power.

Thanks again for the help, I'll report back if I find anything out for future reference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,916 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.