(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,940 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 minutes ago by tootallpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 239.
#5301 4 years ago

So I think I can confirm the chemical breakdown of the star posts when using the Amazon clear rubber washers. Here are examples of my star posts. The splintered one was taking direct ball impact at the top of the left sling. More interestingly, the other one which is cracked throughout, was in the return lane of that same sling.

There is no way that the second one was being hit hard enough to cause the kind of “shattered” plastic I see. Furthermore, all of the posts which had these washers now permanently have the washers attached to the bottom. If I go to remove them, they just shatter.

I am now testing clear plastic washers from PinballLife.

03BD2902-1EBE-4A4E-B1B9-AE0CD37858CA (resized).jpeg03BD2902-1EBE-4A4E-B1B9-AE0CD37858CA (resized).jpeg28763DA0-90C4-4452-A9C7-42D1DE8DB376 (resized).jpeg28763DA0-90C4-4452-A9C7-42D1DE8DB376 (resized).jpeg
#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think I can confirm the chemical breakdown of the star posts when using the Amazon clear rubber washers.

Are these the rubber washers you bought off Amazon?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00843U5WS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

#5303 4 years ago

Killed reactor 5 for the first time. So close to starting 6. Bummed I didn’t get that extra ball. New GC is 2,873,675. I’ve got a ways to go but I’m getting closer! I really feel this game is making me a better player.

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Are these the rubber washers you bought off Amazon?
amazon.com link »

Yep

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Killed reactor 5 for the first time. So close to starting 6. Bummed I didn’t get that extra ball. New GC is 2,873,675. I’ve got a ways to go but I’m getting closer! I really feel this game is making me a better player.

No doubt! I have never seen a faster game!

#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So I think I can confirm the chemical breakdown of the star posts when using the Amazon clear rubber washers. Here are examples of my star posts. The splintered one was taking direct ball impact at the top of the left sling. More interestingly, the other one which is cracked throughout, was in the return lane of that same sling.
There is no way that the second one was being hit hard enough to cause the kind of “shattered” plastic I see. Furthermore, all of the posts which had these washers now permanently have the washers attached to the bottom. If I go to remove them, they just shatter.
I am now testing clear plastic washers from PinballLife.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe you're right, @Aniraf. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I installed these same Amazon washers under all of my star posts about 4 weeks ago. Since then there's been around 15-20 plays and when I checked the posts tonight they all had some amount of hazing around the bottom and feel like they could shatter easily. It does appear to be a "chemical breakdown" as you say.

I can confirm that there was no playfield damage after 4 weeks due to these washers. I don't know if eventually there would be or not. All of my star posts will need to be replaced and I need to find a new solution for the washers.

If anyone has installed these washers https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00843U5WS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00 you should have a look to see if they are causing damage!

IMG_0304 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0304 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0305 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0305 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0315 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0315 - Copy (resized).JPG
#5307 4 years ago

I installed these same washers a few months ago and can't see any issues with my star posts.

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I believe you're right, @Aniraf. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. I installed these same Amazon washers under all of my star posts about 4 weeks ago. Since then there's been around 15-20 plays and when I checked the posts tonight they all had some amount of hazing around the bottom and feel like they could shatter easily. It does appear to be a "chemical breakdown" as you say.
I can confirm that there was no playfield damage after 4 weeks due to these washers. I don't know if eventually there would be or not. All of my star posts will need to be replaced and I need to find a new solution for the washers.
If anyone has installed these washers amazon.com link » you should have a look to see if they are causing damage![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those photos are compelling. Something isn’t right, for sure

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

I installed these same washers a few months ago and can't see any issues with my star posts.

Hmm. I wonder if my damage is caused simply by over-tightening? It felt different tightening the posts down on these washers because of their sponginess. I had to crank them down pretty good otherwise they shifted a bit.

Could over-tightening cause this same sort of behavior with the base of the post weakening and clouding the plastic? Anyone have experience with this?

#5310 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Hmm. I wonder if my damage is caused simply by over-tightening? It felt different tightening the posts down on these washers because of their sponginess. I had to crank them down pretty good otherwise they shifted a bit.
Could over-tightening cause this same sort of behavior with the base of the post weakening and clouding the plastic? Anyone have experience with this?

most plastics are broken do to overtightening. snug em up till they don't spin and be done. most common error in pinball I believe.

#5311 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

You obviously didn’t read Vid’s Guide to Installing Star Posts

#5312 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I’ve just checked mine and every post which had the amazon washer under it has disintegrated. The ones with the black washers are fine. It’s possible I overtightened them. It’s also possible that there’s something funny going on with the clear washers.

#5313 4 years ago

I’m sure some of you know already, but this sort of thing is happening on Pirates as well.

And probably many other games..

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I’ve just checked mine and every post which had the amazon washer under it has disintegrated. The ones with the black washers are fine. It’s possible I overtightened them. It’s also possible that there’s something funny going on with the clear washers.

Not an official experiment, but this gives me another reason to think it is chemistry not physics.

#5315 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I’m sure some of you know already, but this sort of thing is happening on Pirates as well.

I haven’t heard anything. Are you saying that other modern games are having issues with the star posts cutting into the play field?

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I haven’t heard anything. Are you saying that other modern games are having issues with the star posts cutting into the play field?

Yes.

#5317 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What is? The playfield damage caused by star posts?

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

If anyone has installed these washers amazon.com link » you should have a look to see if they are causing damage![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Woah, I checked mine last night and didn't see any breakdown... I wonder if it's tied to a specific batch of star posts.

#5321 4 years ago

That's from the Deadflip stream at Ed's house

#5322 4 years ago

Was pretty impressive... haha

#5323 4 years ago

That was one of those moments i always *wish* i was recording. Awesome save!

#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That's from the Deadflip stream at Ed's house

Bowen TPF 2018
21:30

#5326 4 years ago

Looks like NO TNAs are currently up on the Marketplace...

Damn!

Does anyone use anything else other than ebay or CL?

#5327 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Damn!

https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/

#5328 4 years ago

I've heard of Mr Pinball, but never used them. I am not sure I can comply with the recommendation for their site, however, because I've bought quite a few pins recently from Cameroon, Nigeria and the Ivory Coast with zero issues. Ok, well, actually, the purchases were a couple months ago and technically, the pins are still in a crate on their way to me so I can't vouch for a trouble free transaction quite yet until I receive them. But Mr Ngwa Paul assures me that he stands behind his sales 100% and has been giving me tracking numbers with geolocation position of the ship on a weekly basis. It's nearing Miami based on latest communication.

#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've heard of Mr Pinball, but never used them. I am not sure I can comply with the recommendation for their site, however, because I've bought quite a few pins recently from Cameroon, Nigeria and the Ivory Coast with zero issues. Ok, well, actually, the purchases were a couple months ago and technically, the pins are still in a crate on their way to me so I can't vouch for a trouble free transaction quite yet until I receive them. But Mr Ngwa Paul assures me that he stands behind his sales 100% and has been giving me tracking numbers with geolocation position of the ship on a weekly basis. It's nearing Miami based on latest communication.

lol. I've often thought the same, though it seems that there are some legitimate sellers here. Mike Nogle from GAP lists on Mr. Pinball, so there's that. It wouldn't hurt to check if there is a local listing that you could run up and visit. As they say, cash on the glass.

#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Damn!

8500 and you can have mine. Not looking to sell but it would take that much for me to do it.

#5331 4 years ago

Did you place a wanted to buy ad here on pinside?

#5333 4 years ago

The "problem" with a lot of these is pick up only.

Not very convenient.

#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

The "problem" with a lot of these is pick up only.
Not very convenient.

Most people prefer to not have to deal with shipping and all the related complications (fraud, damaged during transport, preparing game for shipment, etc). There aren't many in the area, and I don't expect them to sell any time soon, so you may have to make a trip to pickup a game, if you really want one soon.

#5335 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I've heard of Mr Pinball, but never used them.

In the pre-Pinside days I bought and sold through that site. It was the Pinside marketplace before there was a Pinside marketplace. But yeah, like anywhere else, buyer beware.

TNA looks like an awesome pin, would like to own one myself some day.

#5336 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

In the pre-Pinside days I bought and sold through that site. It was the Pinside marketplace before there was a Pinside marketplace. But yeah, like anywhere else, buyer beware.
TNA looks like an awesome pin, would like to own one myself some day.

In my experience lately Mr. Pinball has been nothing but scammers. Every single machine I've messaged sellers about on that site in the past year or so has been an obvious scam.

#5337 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

In my experience lately Mr. Pinball has been nothing but scammers. Every single machine I've messaged sellers about on that site in the past year or so has been an obvious scam.

And all the listings are sooo old. That site is dead.

#5338 4 years ago

Shipping is no big deal. I'm not planning on selling my TNA at the moment, but if I did and someone wanted to ship that's fine. They need to make the arrangements, and deal with any headaches, and I just have to be here for the truck to show up. Done it before, no big deal.

#5339 4 years ago

Except the money. I’ve bought a pin via bank transfer with shipping went well but was not stress free.

#5340 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Except the money. I’ve bought a pin via bank transfer with shipping went well but was not stress free.

True that, good point. I've only dealt with known people with good reps. Still a risk I guess, but hasn't been something I've worried about. If I don't know who you are? That's different.

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

True that, good point. I've only dealt with known people with good reps. Still a risk I guess, but hasn't been something I've worried about. If I don't know who you are? That's different.

The deal that I did was for Woz RR so I had to wire transfer $8k from my bank. The banker was looking at me sideways as if I had better be careful.

The seller I didn’t know but was super cool and I checked him out on FB to make sure he was who he said he was and EBay he was verified A1 seller and here on Pinside.

#5342 4 years ago

Having an issue with my TNA. I power on the game and all I get is the playfield lights turning on and staying on. The display and back box don’t turn on and the screen says no signal.

Has anyone seen this before? I checked all connections in the back box and everything seemed fine there.

Any help would be appreciated.

74760087-CE3F-4883-8D5A-9661234E90BE (resized).jpeg74760087-CE3F-4883-8D5A-9661234E90BE (resized).jpeg
#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Having an issue with my TNA. I power on the game and all I get is the playfield lights turning on and staying on. The display and back box don’t turn on and the screen says no signal.
Has anyone seen this before? I checked all connections in the back box and everything seemed fine there.
Any help would be appreciated.
[quoted image]

Check fuses

#5344 4 years ago

Checked all the fuses in the backbox. Are there any under the playfield. Just took a look and didn’t see any under there.

Also here is a pic of the board where I checked the fuses. There seem to be a bunch of red lights. Not sure if this is normal or not.

46A89803-7580-4B97-9BAE-95212972A4DE (resized).jpeg46A89803-7580-4B97-9BAE-95212972A4DE (resized).jpeg
#5345 4 years ago

Did you also check the connection on the lcd ? Your issue sounds like that cable is loose .

#5346 4 years ago

There is a little power button on the PC that probably got hit. Click the power button on the PC with the game on and it will come back to life.

If you reach out to support, I think they have a picture of it.

--Scott

#5347 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Did you also check the connection on the lcd ? Your issue sounds like that cable is loose .

I will check that again. Would a loose cable at the lcd cause the game to not boot and just leave all the lights on?

#5348 4 years ago

Scott, appreciate you being active here and helping us out.
Cheers.

#5349 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

There is a little power button on the PC that probably got hit. Click the power button on the PC with the game on and it will come back to life.
If you reach out to support, I think they have a picture of it.
--Scott

Thanks Scott. I’ll try to find it before I reach out to support!

#5350 4 years ago

Does anyone ever consider it being a concern when few games were made - such as this one - and you keep seeing them pop up for sale?

Probably not? I mean there could be a 1,000 reasons someone wants to sell something and I would assume it’s only because they want something else more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,940 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/107?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.