(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 239.
#5251 4 years ago

Is the latest code stable enough to download? I am still at 1.2.0.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If you have any (positive/constructive) comments let me know. Remember, I am not a manual designer. I am a distributor/technician by trade.

Thanks for tackling this project for all of us. It's greatly appreciated.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Co-op modes make it worthwhile. I still have an issue where the game locks in Tilt mode but in general it’s OK. Co-op is kick-ass though if you ever play with others.

#5254 4 years ago

KingPinGames Thanks for all the effort you put in to make a manual happen! Much appreciated!

#5255 4 years ago

Anybody have an idea as to why my left scoop kicks the ball out to the right sling 25% of the time?

#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

kingpingames Thanks for all the effort you put in to make a manual happen! Much appreciated!

Yes thank you kingpingames!

#5257 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Man I couldnt imagine paying for one of these games and then getting an unpopulated playfield were I had to do the whole switch myself. I'm glad your happy but man I'd be pissed. Hell I'm pretty upset having my playfield damaged under the star post and using washers to hopefully prevent more damage.
Why hasnt spooky come forward to say what the problem is/was that has been supposedly fixed?

Umm, the star post is moving around and chipping the playfield. Call me a rocket scientist!

Spooky has a fix.

#5258 4 years ago

Just picked up my TNA- excited to join the “club”. I was looking for a tough, old school 80s style pin and I love the modern additions. Time to play

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I have only used the latest beta, no issues so far in about 50 plays

#5260 4 years ago

The only thing I don't like about the new code update is the lack of ball save from the scoop on multiball (I'm pretty sure it's this code update, I might be really wrong about this though). I've had a lot of good games (well, at least two) squashed by this (scoop firing down the middle and while another ball goes down the outlane). Now in reality I simul-drain multiballs all the time for a million other reasons so the scoop is the least of my concern, but psychologically it is a bummer when it happens. All to stop an exploit I'm too dumb to take advantage of anyway. If I didn't play a lot of co-op I'd be tempted to roll back because of this. Also, the new update will definitely let you know if your sling switches are too close -- I had to widen one of them to stop it from firing too much after the update. I haven't had any tilt issues, but I have the earplug mod so I don't know if that affects the issue.

Anyway, I'm actually loving mine more than when I first got it. I had some crazy thoughts of selling it to help fund a POTC last week, but I'm glad I didn't as I'm still in the honeymoon phase of this pin and play it more now than when I first got it. Nothing quite like the tension this game produces when needing to hit a shot to get a later reactor (outside of the D target. I wouldn't call that tension -- more like angry futility ). I feel like I'm finally getting a little better at the game too. Mostly because I'm finally starting to move the ball save lane around more effectively. I just love that a lot of the strategic decisions in this game happen when everything is going a million miles an hour. I make so many dumb moves in the heat of battle.

I know I've said this before, but the skill shots and plunging in general in this game are a work of genius. The plunge is definitely a very important shot in this game. Nothing like having to make a delicate plunge to the reactor core right before the game auto plunges it to oblivion. So fun.

#5261 4 years ago

No ball save in mb is an old update and a huge exploit if it was left in. I feel your pain though.

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

No ball save in mb is an old update and a huge exploit if it was left in. I feel your pain though.

Well, I’m glad I didn’t roll back then

#5263 4 years ago

Kill that ball save... might as well put training wheels on your bike if you leave it on. Just amps the brutality of the machine.

#5264 4 years ago

New pink plastic protectors. Im a fan with no loss of color light show. Must buy. Before and after

20190501_182204 (resized).jpg20190501_182204 (resized).jpg20190501_184018 (resized).jpg20190501_184018 (resized).jpg20190501_184021 (resized).jpg20190501_184021 (resized).jpg
#5265 4 years ago

Some pictures of the awesome Pink Protectors with Pink Starposts. Be sure to cast your gaze on the only one of its kind shooter rod.

Photo May 02, 9 23 05 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 23 05 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 23 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 23 46 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 25 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 25 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 25 36 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 25 36 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 26 47 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 26 47 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 27 08 PM (resized).jpgPhoto May 02, 9 27 08 PM (resized).jpg
#5266 4 years ago

Switched to Titan flipper rubbers and I feel like my scores have improved. Nice grippy-ness for better ball control. Predictable bounces although some crazy English on high speed hits.

38C72185-75D0-4614-949B-007AE01D6C5A (resized).jpeg38C72185-75D0-4614-949B-007AE01D6C5A (resized).jpeg

For reference this what I took off. They were good.. but a little too slick.

0587DF89-CECD-4366-8F4D-2A2D24BF9914 (resized).jpeg0587DF89-CECD-4366-8F4D-2A2D24BF9914 (resized).jpeg

#5267 4 years ago

LTG.

I'm assuming none of these can be found NIB at this point?

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Switched to Titan flipper rubbers and I feel like my scores have improved. Nice grippy-ness for better ball control. Predictable bounces although some crazy English on high speed hits.
[quoted image]
For reference this what I took off. They were good.. but a little too slick.
[quoted image]

So your TNA now has training wheels ...

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So your TNA now has training wheels ...

The game comes with silicone stock.

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game comes with silicone stock.

Touché

Although, you can buy a bike with training wheels - stock. And guess what... they can be removed!

I actually removed the flipper bats on my TNA. Nudging and slings only!

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Mine are still original... but many times I don’t get a ball on the flipper anyway, so it pretty much plays the same as yours. Sling, sling, pop bumper, sling, outlane!!

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Touché
Although, you can buy a bike with training wheels - stock. And guess what... they can be removed!
I actually removed the flipper bats on my TNA. Nudging and slings only!</

Touché

Rookie. I removed the sides of my cabinet.

#5273 4 years ago

Pshht mine doesn't even have flipper buttons, you have to reach through the coin door and push the linkage by hand....rooks

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Rookie. I removed the sides of my cabinet.

I don't even have a playfield anymore.

#5275 4 years ago

Just a power cord laying on the ground for me...

Don C.

#5276 4 years ago

im pissing myself... you guys are funny...

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

LTG.
I'm assuming none of these can be found NIB at this point?

I'll take that as a "no."

Thanks!

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I'll take that as a "no."
Thanks!

contact Chris at KingPin games. He may have had 1 left.

Outside of distributors having them, all are sold out.

Spooky says they 'may' make more in the future, but if we are honest, they have ACNC to make for the next 18 months, then likely Scott D #2, then ???
You get the idea...

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Spooky says they 'may' make more in the future, but if we are honest, they have ACNC to make for the next 18 months, then likely Scott D #2, then ???
You get the idea...

Thanks. Appreciated!

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You get the idea...

Spooky is promising all ACNC will be shipped by the end of the year. Just heard it for myself

#5281 4 years ago

After about 1 hour of play, my right flipper is starting to get weak. I haven't taken the assembly apart yet, but will soon. It feels early to need to do a rebuild or even to need to change out the coil sleeve. What are other people's experiences with time to rebuild?

#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

After about 1 hour of play, my right flipper is starting to get weak. I haven't taken the assembly apart yet, but will soon. It feels early to need to do a rebuild or even to need to change out the coil sleeve. What are other people's experiences with time to rebuild?

No it won’t need to be rebuilt , that time will come after thousands of plays on it . Check your coil stop , it could be loose and the coil misaligned.

#5283 4 years ago

Had a nice conversation with Chris, but I think the TNAs are long gone NIB.

There seem to be several going used in the 5s.

Not bad I think...

#5284 4 years ago

It's a fun pin. Worth chasing down if you've played it and enjoyed

#5285 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's a fun pin. Worth chasing down if you've played it and enjoyed

It looks fun...and different but in a good way.

I have been meaning to check out some videos, but I did check out the SDTM review.

#5286 4 years ago

It's polar opposite of your Pirates. Have you ever played any solid states from the early 80s?

The challenge is introduced by setting it up hard, at least that's the case for me. Fun game. If you're just flipping and banging the ball around, you'll likely grow bored quick. But if you challenge yourself to take advantage of the rules and nuances to pump up your score, you'll love it.

#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's polar opposite of your Pirates. Have you ever played any solid states from the early 80s?
The challenge is introduced by setting it up hard, at least that's the case for me. Fun game. If you're just flipping and banging the ball around, you'll likely grow bored quick. But if you challenge yourself to take advantage of the rules and nuances to pump up your score, you'll love it.

I have. I went to a Pinball Museum in CA and played an extensive collection of pins throughout the decades. Yea, this definitely seems like a challenge, but I appreciate the simplicity of the playfield while at the same time it offers some pretty much never seen before stuff.

#5288 4 years ago

You need to go buy one!

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You need to go buy one!

it's tempting...

I DEF want to watch some videos. I heard the sound on this thing is just unbelievable and I'm a big sound guy.

I'd like to play it before as well.

The price is NOT bad and I think it would go nicely as a third pin next to my JJP POTC and AFMr.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

it's tempting...
I DEF want to watch some videos. I heard the sound on this thing is just unbelievable and I'm a big sound guy.
I'd like to play it before as well.
The price is NOT bad and I think it would go nicely as a third pin next to my JJP POTC and AFMr.

Oh yeah - Sound is off the charts.

Here’s a little 15 sec video I shot when I first got it set up

https://twitter.com/theavwoofer/status/994321777605177345?s=21

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Oh yeah - Sound is off the charts.
Here’s a little 15 sec video I shot when I first got it set up
https://twitter.com/theavwoofer/status/994321777605177345?s=21

Pretty awesome!

#5292 4 years ago

I reached out to an ad and have not yet heard a response...which is surprising.

After watching some of a gamplay video on KingPin (it's over 2 hours...), I have an understanding of what "hard mode" means. You can bet I wouldn't be starting at hard, at first, but it may be fun to challenge myself after getting better.

Despite having naturally fast reflexes, I'm not nearly as savvy or seasoned as some of you who have owned and played your own pins for years or decades...yet.

#5293 4 years ago

Speaking of which before I bought TNA, I watched Bowen destroy the pin. That made me feel like the pin was kind of boring. Not until you play and realize that he’s not a normal player. He can keep the ball in control and then pick his shots keep in mult ball etc. but for me I’m far less in control and feel like I’m playing basketball on ice skates. The game is much more about survival and try for points when I can.

#5294 4 years ago

I have never used pinballmap.com, but it seems pretty legit.

I have found exactly one place in the Raleigh-Durham area that reportedly has a TNA.
Would be cool to check this place out and of course see this pin.

I just hope it's in a condition where I can actually enjoy it!

#5295 4 years ago

Okay. Seller responded.

It's been sold. =/

#5296 4 years ago

There will be more.

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There will be more.

For sure and there are. This would be my first used game if I go this route. Not that I'm all that concerned, but location is key because a lot of sellers tend to not want to ship. At least, the ad suggests.

#5298 4 years ago

I'm interested in finding one in Canada if anyone is thinking of selling or trading

#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm interested in finding one in Canada if anyone is thinking of selling or trading

I remember seeing someone selling one out-west in SK, in the Canada trading thread, for what seemed like a lot, but it might be right after the exchange rate and import duty. I've been out of the country for too long to know what going rates would be.

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Play around with the flipper software settings a bit. I adjusted the flipper power down on mine to where they still go around the orbit and I think I may have played with the Hold setting too. It felt like the right was getting a little hot on the defaults.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/106?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.