(Topic ID: 195784)

Total Nuclear Annihilation Club...Welcome to the future!

By Pinballlew

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,941 posts
  • 769 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2177 (resized).jpeg
56456889klyykk_blank1_640 (resized).jpg
56456889999 (resized).jpg
yellow-640 (resized).jpg
20240406_185845 (resized).jpg
20240406_185951 (resized).jpg
IMG_1758 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1709 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3405 (resized).jpeg
20240310_214233 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 239.
#5151 5 years ago
Quoted from Auror:

Feature Suggestion: Best Ball Champ
I looove my #TNA and it’s so cool Scott is so involved with the community here and is so dedicated to constantly updating this kick-ass machine. (Thanks Scott!) So I don’t know how hard this would be for Scott to actually implement but I thought I’d throw out a feature suggestion to see what people think: adding a "Best Ball Champ".
I think it would be a very cool feature to have a trackable high score table to see who has scored the most points on a single ball. We’ve got Speed Run Champ, Co-Op Champ, and of course the standard High Score Champ but I think Best Ball Champ would be an awesome addition to the high score table. It's for those games you destroy 4 reactors on ball 1 and then proceed to blow it on the last two balls. It makes games like that matter even more knowing you might walk away a Best Ball Champ even though you fell short of reaching the overall high score. So what does everyone think?

I like it.

#5152 5 years ago

TheNoTrashCougar any hope for a rubber kit for TNA on pinball life? I have to replace a few and I'm feeling lazy to the point where I don't want to look everything up. Just clicking add to cart would be awesome....for me lol

#5153 5 years ago

Is this game considered done, or are the going to be more code updates with new features and sounds other than bug fixes?

#5154 5 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

TNA came from Spooky with Pinball Life clear silicone rubber, not Titans

That's an easy fix

#5155 5 years ago

The one bug that effects me more than every once in a while is no ball saver on the scoop during multiball. It's not a wonderful feeling to have two balls in play and watch one go out an out lane and the other being fired straight down the middle from the scoop. Maybe this isn't a bug though?

I'd also love the option to increase the ball saver from the scoop up a notch (one more second even). Sometimes it hangs around in the trough just enough before draining where I don't get the ball save. It's not so much how often this happens as the paranoia I feel ever time scoops goes into the trough now. Again, definitely fine as is -- just slightly annoying in a pinball way when it happens.

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

thenotrashcougar any hope for a rubber kit for TNA on pinball life? I have to replace a few and I'm feeling lazy to the point where I don't want to look everything up. Just clicking add to cart would be awesome....for me lol

Forgot we had this...

8b782be2f734eb06ea3cd11fadc2a3e864a4e24c (resized).jpg8b782be2f734eb06ea3cd11fadc2a3e864a4e24c (resized).jpg
#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

The one bug that effects me more than every once in a while is no ball saver on the scoop during multiball. It's not a wonderful feeling to have two balls in play and watch one go out an out lane and the other being fired straight down the middle from the scoop. Maybe this isn't a bug though?
I'd also love the option to increase the ball saver from the scoop up a notch (one more second even). Sometimes it hangs around in the trough just enough before draining where I don't get the ball save. It's not so much how often this happens as the paranoia I feel ever time scoops goes into the trough now. Again, definitely fine as is -- just slightly annoying in a pinball way when it happens.

Just gotta accept it as it is...Definitely sucks but such is life...

#5158 5 years ago

adjust the power to the scoop and see if that helps (start by going lower)

#5159 5 years ago

Not a bug, it is an exploit that has been eliminated. Imagine just holding up the right flipper and dumping a ball during multiball every time you hit the scoop.... Unlimited free plunges to the reactor core. I had to remove this immediately. I am still working on the software for TNA, so don't worry, I wont give up on anything that you guys find. I am just making updates a bit slower since I am very busy with other things as well. The overall game features are all done, but I may tweak little things here and there.
--Scott

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Earplug mod FTW

I’ve heard of this, but I don’t understand how you use an earplug to help it swing correctly. I think the more logical move would to be lose these contraptions for a digital tilt sensor. There is no way that could be extremely costly to manufacture.

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am very busy with other things as well.

worth the quote

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve heard of this, but I don’t understand how you use an earplug to help it swing correctly. I think the more logical move would to be lose these contraptions for a digital tilt sensor. There is no way that could be extremely costly to manufacture.

http://tiltforums.com/t/ear-plug-tilt-hack/2365

#5163 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Forgot we had this...

Oh sweet. Thanks.

#5164 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

worth the quote

Yes. More details needed.

#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

TNA came from Spooky with Pinball Life clear silicone rubber, not Titans

I stand corrected. wasn't aware that perfect play had that type. I do remember seeing them on the new monsterbash. Did they use perfect play for the flipper rubbers as well? (Had to change mine a while ago, so I have no idea)

#5166 5 years ago

yessir. The Pinball life rubbers have a PL on them.

#5168 5 years ago

Recently joined the TNA club.

I tired to improve the view of the LCD screen. I found the buttons on the back and got brightness turned down but couldn't figure out how to get to contrast in the menu to adjust that. ??

Also, someone told me that somebody might make a spacer so the LCD screen could be tipped back at an angle to make the screen perform or view better.
Can somebody point me to someone that has made such an angled spacer if they are available ?

Thanks

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Recently joined the TNA club.
I tired to improve the view of the LCD screen. I found the buttons on the back and got brightness turned down but couldn't figure out how to get to contrast in the menu to adjust that. ??
Also, someone told me that somebody might make a spacer so the LCD screen could be tipped back at an angle to make the screen perform or view better.
Can somebody point me to someone that has made such an angled spacer if they are available ?
Thanks

Before you try adding spacers to adjust the screen angle, you should at least give adjusting the screen settings another try. I adjusted mine to 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On, and it looks about like it would if you were looking at the screen straight on before making those changes. It actually looks quite good. I can't imagine that having gaps on each side of the screen from trying to angle it up looking all that good.

You should be able to adjust the settings by hitting the menu button and then you scroll through the different setting options with left/right. Exit/Select will allow you to select or toggle the setting (in the case of Gamma). For ones that you select like contrast, use left/right again to adjust. I don't remember exactly which one, but I think I remember one of the settings being buried one or two deep in the menu so you may have to try several menu options before finding them all.

IMG_1859 (resized).jpgIMG_1859 (resized).jpg
#5170 5 years ago

Yes - I got the brightness turned down. I wanted to change the contrast but couldn't figure out how to get to that setting to adjust it. Maybe the contrast is the tricky one to navigate to. I wasn't able to get to that one to adjust it.

Maybe somebody can remember the sequence to adjust that setting. Thanks in advance.

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - I got the brightness turned down. I wanted to change the contrast but couldn't figure out how to get to that setting to adjust it. Maybe the contrast is the tricky one to navigate to. I wasn't able to get to that one to adjust it.
Maybe somebody can remember the sequence to adjust that setting. Thanks in advance.

It's not anymore difficult than adjusting a computer monitor. It's been so long since I've done mine, but you should be able to find it without too much trouble. IIRC, the brightness, contrast, and Gamma should be all in the same menu, so if you've got the brightness, the other 2 settings shouldn't be too far.

And congrats on joining the club!

#5172 5 years ago

Yes, I was in that menu and I adjusted brightness - I couldn't get it to go down to the next menu item, contrast - that's where I'm asking for help .

I could only get into the first item, brightness and make the change. Easy enough. Could not get into the next item down in the menu and make it "active" to change it.

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes, I was in that menu and I adjusted brightness - I couldn't get it to go down to the next menu item, contrast - that's where I'm asking for help .
I could only get into the first item, brightness and make the change. Easy enough. Could not get into the next item down in the menu and make it "active" to change it.

I won't have time tonight to check it out, but if nothing is posted, I'll try to get in and see what's going on and post up for you, in the next day or so.

#5174 5 years ago

I got back in and into the settings and finally stumbled into contrast and adjusted that too. Now at 25 brightness and 85 contrast. That made some improvement. Still wouldn't hurt to have an angled spacer for the screen. If somebody has made one I'd like to hear about it.

Added over 5 years ago:

Post Footnote:

I explored tipping the screen as if I had a spacer and I don't think a small spacer would achieve much more than adjusting the brightness and contrast has already done. Brightness at 25 and Contrast at 85 is a decent improvement over the stock settings of 50 and 50. Gamma setting remains On.

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from eemichael83:

Before you try adding spacers to adjust the screen angle, you should at least give adjusting the screen settings another try. I adjusted mine to 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On, and it looks about like it would if you were looking at the screen straight on before making those changes. It actually looks quite good. I can't imagine that having gaps on each side of the screen from trying to angle it up looking all that good.
You should be able to adjust the settings by hitting the menu button and then you scroll through the different setting options with left/right. Exit/Select will allow you to select or toggle the setting (in the case of Gamma). For ones that you select like contrast, use left/right again to adjust. I don't remember exactly which one, but I think I remember one of the settings being buried one or two deep in the menu so you may have to try several menu options before finding them all.[quoted image]

I finally took the time to adjust the monitor settings on my TNA.
And that is absolutely awesome, thanks a lot !

I was not really bothering, since I was focusing on the playfield, but the screen is finally much more attractive.

#5176 5 years ago

Ok, now I am starting to get a little pissed. 3rd time I have been able to play post installing the washers and what do I notice after 3 minutes???? Oh, well my star posts got completely chewed up!

All of the ones that take direct ball impact are completely destroyed. Is there a fix for the fix?

Did I install the washers incorrectly?

F6E422D0-EDB2-48E2-AD30-323332BEB9B7 (resized).jpegF6E422D0-EDB2-48E2-AD30-323332BEB9B7 (resized).jpeg
#5177 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

my star posts got completely chewed up!

Same thing happened to me.
You bought the Amazon washers, right?
I think there is a chemical interaction between the Starposts and the washers that we bought off of Amazon.

I could bend the plastic on my broken Starposts which I shouldn't be able to do because they are not flexible by design.

I replaced the starposts this weekend and left the washers hoping they had off gassed enough. My fingers are crossed.

If they die again I am going to get different washers for the new starposts.

#5178 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Same thing happened to me.
You bought the Amazon washers, right?
I think there is a chemical interaction between the Starposts and the washers that we bought off of Amazon.
I could bend the plastic on my broken Starposts which I shouldn't be able to do because they are not flexible by design.
I replaced the starposts this weekend and left the washers hoping they had off gassed enough. My fingers are crossed.
If they die again I am going to get different washers for the new starposts.

Shit! Yeah, I really wanted the clear washers. Keep me posted. I am going to order more posts.

I wouldn't think that a chemical reaction could occur that quickly without discoloring the posts. Seeing as they are clear, but don't show the slightest amount of "fog" on them. Has anyone had this issue with the black washers?

#5179 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Shit! Yeah, I really wanted the clear washers. Keep me posted. I am going to order more posts.
I wouldn't think that a chemical reaction could occur that quickly without discoloring the posts. Seeing as they are clear, but don't show the slightest amount of "fog" on them. Has anyone had this issue with the black washers?

This is the only machine that I have ever had starpost issues with. The way these are falling apart so fast is very odd.
BTW as long as you are ordering starposts (presumably from Pinball Life) I suggest you take a look at the Scott Danesi 'red' protectors he just came out with. They look great, are reasonably priced and since you will be replacing the starposts anyway it is very easy to swap them in.

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This is the only machine that I have ever had starpost issues with. The way these are falling apart so fast is very odd.
BTW as long as you are ordering starposts (presumably from Pinball Life) I suggest you take a look at the Scott Danesi 'red' protectors he just came out with. They look great, are reasonably priced and since you will be replacing the starposts anyway it is very easy to swap them in.

Same here. I assumed the higher placement of the star posts caused a greater impact with the ball. I never thought about a chemical reaction. Keep us posted on the replacements... I also ordered more posts.

I saw Scott’s pink plastic protectors, but I’m hesitating because I wasn’t sure how they’d interfere with the lightshow. Wouldn’t all the white lighting be pink?

2C0EE7D8-F18A-45F8-BC56-47DE1E3E0FA9 (resized).jpeg2C0EE7D8-F18A-45F8-BC56-47DE1E3E0FA9 (resized).jpeg
#5181 5 years ago

Scott, was curious if this becomes an issue with star posts breaking. If there was an optional post that’s more unbreakable for replacement.

#5182 5 years ago

Are you all tightening down the star post enough? Like tighter than what you would think? I really had to crank it down, but obviously not so much that it shears off the screw or hex heads. I think what's happening is that the washer is allowing enough flex (since it's softer than wood) that every time the ball hits the post, it's hitting it hard enough for the post to bend, which in time stresses the plastic. Really tightening it down will keep the flex from occuring.

I reinstalled new star posts, and really tightened it down, and they've been holding it up.

I really doubt there is a chemical reaction.

#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I believe I was the original person who suggested the black washers from Lowe’s (I also found them at Menards but I’m not sure if there is any difference). So far I have not had any issues with broken star posts that I have seen and that is after several plays by myself and a tournament night. Like others have said, maybe they aren’t tightened down enough. At the very least, star posts are very cheap to buy at PBL.

#5184 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, now I am starting to get a little pissed. 3rd time I have been able to play post installing the washers and what do I notice after 3 minutes???? Oh, well my star posts got completely chewed up!
All of the ones that take direct ball impact are completely destroyed. Is there a fix for the fix?
Did I install the washers incorrectly?
[quoted image]

This looks like a bad reaction of the polycarbonate and the mystery rubber that the clear washers you have are made of. Polycarbonate is not immune to chemical reactions. I have seen some cleaner waxes and even 409 destroy star posts. If you can find out what that washer is made of, you can cross reference the chemicals here to see if they are damaging to polycarbonate. This is not a common problem. I would put the neoprene washers that Charlie gave out on there or use silicone as that is inert to the starpost material.

Polycarbonate Chemical Compatibility Chart: https://www.calpaclab.com/polycarbonate-chemical-compatibility-chart/

--Scott

#5185 5 years ago

I got the black ones from Home Depot. No issues. Don't even notice them when looking at the game.

#5186 5 years ago

Polycarbonate Chemical Compatibility

Now to get a prize-say that three times in a row

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Now to get a prize-say that three times in a row

Did it. What do I win?
--Scott

#5188 5 years ago

Did it. What do I win?

You sir have just won an exclusive opportunity to have a self proclaimed know it all in Colorado beta test your newest game. All you need to do now is act fast....Send game to attention: Quagmire, and we will get beta testing feedback within two-three weeks time period.

#5189 5 years ago

Hi everyone - if you are interested in having a bit of a more "personalized" TNA apron experience, then check out the customized instruction/logo cards that I made up for myself and a friend (uhh....beta tester) of mine. Thank you to TheNoTrashCougar for reviewing my work and for help with the instruction card, as well!

fullsizeoutput_a54 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_a54 (resized).jpeg fullsizeoutput_a52 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_a52 (resized).jpeg

Full details (and to grab a set for yourself) - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/personalized-tna-instruction-logo-card-set

#5190 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Hi everyone - if you are interested in having a bit of a more "personalized" TNA apron experience, then check out the customized instruction/logo cards that I made up for myself and a friend (uhh....beta tester) of mine. Thank you to thenotrashcougar for reviewing my work and for help with the instruction card, as well!
[quoted image] [quoted image]
Full details (and to grab a set for yourself) - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/personalized-tna-instruction-logo-card-set

You forgot the most important rule, the Skill shot.

should be Multiball for 2x or 3x or 4x scoring depending on how many balls are in play.

what about the super Jackpot?

(I forget how to add a 4th ball)?

#5191 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

should be Multiball for 2x or 3x scoring depending on how many balls are in play.

or 4x if you are good

#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

or 4x if you are good

How to add a ball? Shoot in scoop behind the drop targets?)

#5193 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You forgot the most important rule, the Skill shot.
should be Multiball for 2x or 3x or 4x scoring depending on how many balls are in play.
what about the super Jackpot?
(I forget how to add a 4th ball)?

Didn't forget the skill shot or super jackpot - just flat ran out of room on the card and something had to give. I figured the skill shot is something best discussed amongst players vs. the rules that would make the cut on the card. Besides, it's fun to discover things like that without it being documented up front.
I'll go back and check the multi-ball bonus - I wasn't aware that changed (I guess it was with a code update?)

Thanks,
Whitney

#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

I'll go back and check the multi-ball bonus - I wasn't aware that changed (I guess it was with a code update?)
Thanks,
Whitney

It's been there from day one (on the PF inserts too) 2x 3x 4x scoring depending on how many balls are in play.

#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How to add a ball? Shoot in scoop behind the drop targets?)

That's the only way I know of, I've managed to destroy reactors at least a few times while in 4 ball multiball.

#5196 5 years ago

Joined this weekend. Love this game!

#5197 5 years ago

Hi everyone - if you are interested in having a bit of a more "personalized" TNA apron experience, then check out the customized instruction/logo cards that I made up for myself and a friend (uhh....beta tester) of mine. Thank you to thenotrashcougar for reviewing my work and for help with the instruction card, as well!

You spelled 'destory' wrong.

Don C

#5198 5 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

You spelled 'destory' wrong.

Don C

This was the first thing I noticed as well.

#5199 5 years ago

This looks like a bad reaction of the polycarbonate and the mystery rubber that the clear washers you have are made of. Polycarbonate is not immune to chemical reactions. I have seen some cleaner waxes and even 409 destroy star posts. If you can find out what that washer is made of, you can cross reference the chemicals here to see if they are damaging to polycarbonate. This is not a common problem. I would put the neoprene washers that Charlie gave out on there or use silicone as that is inert to the starpost material.
Polycarbonate Chemical Compatibility Chart: https://www.calpaclab.com/polycarbonate-chemical-compatibility-chart/
--Scott

So I was thinking…this is happening because of either a chemical incompatibility or the posts have too much give as a result of the rubber base. Why not skip the rubber and use a pet G fender washer?

I ordered some of those from PinballLife to see if I can get a good fit. I didn’t bother to measure anything because I’m tired, but I suspect it should be a fairly close fit.

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I like the colored protectors a lot, I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet because I still really like the look of the game.

Trust me, I was certainly eyeing those toxic green and nuclear orange star posts on PBL as replacements. I think when I do my first full rubber replacement I may get creative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,990 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,941 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 239.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/104?hl=eemichael83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.