Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Skybug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi, I'm a TOTAL NOVICE and I opened up my '69 Bally machine for the first time yesterday. My left flipper is lagging behind when I press the button, and I noticed that the contacts seem "messy" in comparison to the right button contacts, which work like a charm when I press the flipper buttons; [open/close]. Also there are so many more pieces of metal contact strips on the left side; it's a much simpler layout on the right side; can I remove some of the metal, or maybe remove one of the spacers below so that they come into contact better? or perhaps I need a new set of metal strip contacts because one of them is bent & they may be worn out but I don't know what this kit is called if I order a replacement, can you tell me the tech name for these pieces? The flipper worked better when I tightened the screws, so I that seems to be the problem; but it's still not up to par.

Thanks for your help!

#2 11 years ago

Flipper button points.

POWER OFF. Be sure they are screwed down tight. With a point bender or small flat nosed pliers adjust them so they work better.

Some call them switches, they are leaf blade switches or points.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

Thanks LTG I will try that!

#4 11 years ago

OK the left flipper is still not working correctly. It doesn't seem to want to move much, if at all, even after I straightened out the switches.

This is a Bally Joust 1969 with zipper flippers. I'm going to try to research how to repair the left flipper, but it seems a little complicated to me...does the fact that they are zippers complicate things more? The zipper part works, by the way.

ALSO I need to replace the plastic flipper piece for the right flipper; the plastic is broken where the ball hits it; it's ORANGE and 2-INCH so I'm wondering if these are still made, and who is selling it? Several searches for RED came up "out of stock".

Thanks, guys!

#5 11 years ago

Call Steve at pbresource.com he carrys everything it seems.

Look at pinrepair.com or pinwiki.com at their EM guides.

#6 11 years ago

thanks! will do.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

ALSO I need to replace the plastic flipper piece for the right flipper; the plastic is broken where the ball hits it; it's ORANGE and 2-INCH so I'm wondering if these are still made, and who is selling it? Several searches for RED came up "out of stock".

On http://www.ipdb.org you can see pictures of your machine also with red or white flippers.
See if you like those colours if you can't find the orange ones.

#8 11 years ago

oh how cool! Thank you! I think I like the white as it matches the white rubber

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-novice-flipper-button-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.