image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
ocdfirst.jpg
image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-27_at_1.47.13_pm.png
root_copy.png
image_2.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Bandit, are you able to control the inserts on the game too. If so I always thought it would be cool when crank it up is lit and it plays the guitar sound that it would be cool if the inserts all over the playful lit then washed over to the mystery scoop. Just didn't know if it was possible?

The kit is a GI mod, not for inserts.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Agreed, but it also is being used to drive the cross mech, and to add interactive led strips to ramps, and the board has inputs and outputs for the insert/lamp matrix already.

I figured it was a long shot, but OP is pulling off unprescedented stuff with this mod, so i thought id ask.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

are you able to control the inserts on the game too.

Sort of

Quoted from snyper2099:

This is generally correct, although I am looking at something.

As Snyper says, the kit is not designed for inserts, and although it is connected to all the inserts, those connections are inputs and the board cannot send power out through those connections to light inserts. However, there are the serial outputs labelled LED1, 2 and 3 that are not being used yet. I am looking at invading the inserts using chains of addressable LEDs from these outputs. Most people think of addressable LEDs as a strip, but that strip can be simply cut up into a chain, and remains addressable. That's effectively what WOZ does. So future development includes getting these outputs into the inserts somehow. It will never be across the whole playfield, but select inserts will be controlled.

These outputs are already functioning on your board, so whatever I do will be available in a code update.

#254 8 years ago

Thanks for the explanation! Love this mod!

#255 8 years ago

I'm watching the tracking and deliveries. Man, these things are all over the place. Some are 12 days out and still not delivered, and some have made it in 5 days. For those of you who have not seen a scan for arrival into the US, I have found in the past that sometimes that happens with this service and the last scan you get is that it is processed through Sydney, then it shows up at your door. I guess, like in the olden days, it's the label on the box that gets the thing delivered, and not the scanning machine (crosses fingers). I'm assuming that USPS is picking it up at that end, so however they do things is how it will be done.

#256 8 years ago

Finish my installations yesterday and did a lot of testing. I'm pretty sure i have a couple issue with it... For exemple, when i lock the first ball at the captive ball, the GI turn red and it stay like that for the rest of the ball, couple other thing seem weird also.

I decided to try reinstall the code tonight and it's seem to take care of the probleme, everything look good so far, i'm really happy with it. Will keep you informe if something happen again.

Thank's Gino

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Finish my installations yesterday and did a lot of testing. I'm pretty sure i have a couple issue with it... For exemple, when i lock the first ball at the captive ball, the GI turn red and it stay like that for the rest of the ball, couple other thing seem weird also.
I decided to try reinstall the code tonight and it's seem to take care of the probleme, everything look good so far, i'm really happy with it. Will keep you informe if something happen again.
Thank's Gino

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, kits that shipped or updated code before nov 24th need to reflash 1.03 again.

#258 8 years ago

Delete, too much self promotion. Sorry. Was just pumping AC/DC a bit.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Delete, too much self promotion. Sorry. Was just pumping AC/DC a bit.

Pump away! Your thread, your product! Preach on brother, let's hear some ACDC goodness!!

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pump away! Your thread, your product! Preach on brother, let's hear some ACDC goodness!!

haha. I was just saying that I'm calling it the sleeper. All the noise is for Met, and I'm seeing about 8% order rate for AC/DC, but the pickup over stock is, I think, sorta bigger on AC/DC. I've been playing it a ridiculous amount over the last 48hrs, and it's just such a different game, and I think the thing is that the lightshow is actually better than the Premium, whereas Met is a replication of the premium with a few little extras..AC/DC is all extras. Thunderstruck..lightning-flash effect over the top of the normal effects, but only if the mode is completely activated and the insert is flashing. I like the fact that there are nuances to it that are properly linked to the game code. RRT..left ramp blue, right ramp and bell red, BUT if the mode is fully activated, all hits are blue. It adds to your desire to get the mode activated properly, and that's why I think it is a big uptick over stock. Light effects become rewards.

Self promo over. Thanks for listening. I just wish some of the AC/DC kits would arrive already!

And please get ready to reflash your code, AC/DC peeps!

#261 8 years ago

There aren't too many active ACDC Pro guys out there from what I've seen. I owned Met Pro and sold it. Great game, but it was time to move on. ACDC has been in my house longer than any other game. I love everything about it and I can't wait for your mod... I've been checking the mailbox every day with anticipation followed by crushing defeat as I walk back to the house in shame.

It better be here Friday or I'll update this thread again with more whining.

#262 8 years ago

My AC/DC kit has arrived on Monday. Took exactly 1 week, which I thought was pretty fast. Planning to install this weekend! Mine is already modded to the max and this will complete the quest. I can't wait to get this going!

#263 8 years ago

Mine still not here

I really hope it will sop up today or tomorrow so I can install it this weekend

Keeping fingers crossed

#264 8 years ago

Having a hell of a time trying to load the 1.03 code...
this is what I have on my computer....looks like the elf file is in the root directory and the application but I don't get anything from pressing user----then reset....

any help guys? I was able to get it to work with the original code that was sent with the mod...now I have no GI at all.

root_copy.pngroot_copy.png

#265 8 years ago

Does it show up in Device Manager when you press the buttons? A number of us have had to manually select the driver. You can also try turning the game off/on to revert to the original code if you haven't already overwritten it.

#266 8 years ago

Hey Herg...thanks for the reply....all I get when pushing the user and reset buttons are sounds from the computer acting like its (the computer) is recognizing something...it also makes the same sound when I press and release the reset button...but nothing comes up on my computer screen.

turning it off and on only gives me no GI so I think its been overwritten...

I should have just left it with the code that came with it....been working on this since 8am this morning....

#267 8 years ago

you need to downlaod the Uploader: GITheatreUSBLoader.exe and after you press the button, you start the uploader and voila

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLghkiXiLQobnBQWGVvWHFNTlE

#268 8 years ago

got it....I had downloaded the GI theater but saved it rather than running it....thanks guys for taking the time on Thanksgiving to give me a hand....

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

got it....I had downloaded the GI theater but saved it rather than running it....thanks guys for taking the time on Thanksgiving to give me a hand....

Sorry to hear of some confusion with this. Hope you are up and running ok. Do you think I should edit the guide in some way? I could easily have written something unclear or ambiguous. Please shout out if something needs to be made better.

#270 8 years ago

I should also point out that the reset button on its own is exactly that. It will restart the board without the need to power cycle it. Although, once you have your translite back in place I guess it's easier to just power cycle the machine.

#271 8 years ago

I'm having a problem getting my pc (ive tried 2 different Win7 machines) to recognize the Matirx interceptor. Actually Im pretty sure that the USB driver is the issue. Flip installs and I reboot. Then connect to MI and power on the pinball. Windows acts like it will attempt to find the driver but never does. I followed the troubleshooting steps and the "update driver" button is greyed out.

Those of you that have updated, what version of windows did you have?

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I'm having a problem getting my pc (ive tried 2 different Win7 machines) to recognize the Matirx interceptor. Actually Im pretty sure that the USB driver is the issue. Flip installs and I reboot. Then connect to MI and power on the pinball. Windows acts like it will attempt to find the driver but never does. I followed the troubleshooting steps and the "update driver" button is greyed out.
Those of you that have updated, what version of windows did you have?

If the update driver is greyed out, there will be a security settings button. Hit that and it should take you to another window where the update driver button is available. This shot is from Win7.

Screen_Shot_2015-11-27_at_1.47.13_pm.pngScreen_Shot_2015-11-27_at_1.47.13_pm.png

#273 8 years ago

Thanks that got me going. Sorry. After rereading the troubleshooting section you wrote about this already. My bad.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Thanks that got me going. Sorry. After rereading the troubleshooting section you wrote about this already. My bad.

Just happy you're sorted.

#275 8 years ago

Yep I'm all updated. Thanks again!

#276 8 years ago

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Received my shipment today, about a 2.5 hr install taking my time and heat shrinking the bulbs. I may have melted a few bulbs, but that's neither here nor there.

Took a few minutes to decipher the wire arrangement but the assembly was fairly straightforward. The bulb layout on my game was slightly different than the attached diagram, but it was easy to figure out. I only had to install 4 new GI bulbs.

Powered it on and it worked right out of the gate. And holy Jeebus it's a whole new game. The effects are astounding and it makes the modes so much more enjoyable.

Still troubleshooting a few minor nuances but this mod is the greatest thing since sliced bread with cheese. Absolutely recommended.

#277 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ho. Lee. Shit.
Received my shipment today, about a 2.5 hr install taking my time and heat shrinking the bulbs. I may have melted a few bulbs, but that's neither here nor there.
Took a few minutes to decipher the wire arrangement but the assembly was fairly straightforward. The bulb layout on my game was slightly different than the attached diagram, but it was easy to figure out. I only had to install 4 new GI bulbs.
Powered it on and it worked right out of the gate. And holy Jeebus it's a whole new game. The effects are astounding and it makes the modes so much more enjoyable.
Still troubleshooting a few minor nuances but this mod is the greatest thing since sliced bread with cheese. Absolutely recommended.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry yours took so long to arrive.
If you do have any hang ups, flashing the chip to 1.02 will fix it up.
The shipping code does have issues with the multiball launch sequence during Back in Black. Other modes are clean. 1.02 all fixed up.
You may also find the mode select colour changes just the tiniest bit delayed on the initial code. That is tightened up nicely in 1.02.

#278 8 years ago

Trying to update the software now. Having some trouble but I'm also drunk. Damn delicious alcohol.

My computer won't find the device. I'm getting the normal .dll error but I can't update the driver without the device found. Why dost thou curse me?

Edit:
Figured it out. Need to have the laptop connected while finding the device. I blame Coors.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Trying to update the software now. Having some trouble but I'm also drunk. Damn delicious alcohol.
My computer won't find the device. I'm getting the normal .dll error but I can't update the driver without the device found. Why dost thou curse me?

It won't see it at all? Usually without the driver it will at least see it but it will be error flagged.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Edit:
Figured it out. Need to have the laptop connected while finding the device. I blame Coors.

Bwahahaha!!!

#282 8 years ago

A bug has been reported back in AC/DC 1.02. This has now been fixed. AC/DC users please reflash 1.02.

Edit..no it hasn't. Arrrgh. Hang on.

#283 8 years ago

This AC/DC bug is proving difficult to track down. If the game is left to stand in attract mode for a while, upon the start of a new game it will not play any effects until the first ball drains. Subsequent balls are fine, as are new games started up from then on, until it is left in attract again. I was seeing the issue occasionally on power up, but have fixed that. I won't post the new code yet just to fix the power up occurrence of the bug, but will wait until I fix it properly, hopefully tomorrow. I can't find a problem in the game code, and suspect it may be in the low level drivers as it seems to get thrown at the point in the machine's attract pattern where all the inserts are on together.

#284 8 years ago

Take your time and do it right! Killer mod.

#285 8 years ago

OK, AC/DC is all good! V1.03 up at the website. While I was in there I did a version without any attract mode fading (1.03a).

There are no live bugs at the moment that I know of in either AC/DC or Met. Please let me know if you have an issue that you can replicate and I will fix straight away.

Hope you all are enjoying. Just a note on shipping..last shipments for the year will be this coming Friday (Dec 4). Due to travel commitments there will be no shipments possible after that until Jan 9th. Happy holidays!

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Mine still not here
I really hope it will sop up today or tomorrow so I can install it this weekend
Keeping fingers crossed

Can stop keeping my fingers crossed, the package arravide today
Looks all intact but was than also properly packed. Was Lucky, the customs didnt catch it

Now I am still waiting for the leds I ordered. Also overdue and they come even from Netherlands
Hope to get them today to.

Now just need to find some time in my busy evening schedule this week

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Can stop keeping my fingers crossed, the package arravide today
Looks all intact but was than also properly packed. Was Lucky, the customs didnt catch it
Now I am still waiting for the leds I ordered. Also overdue and they come even from Netherlands
Hope to get them today to.
Now just need to find some time in my busy evening schedule this week

Get your code flashing setup ready! make sure your PC can see that board.

#288 8 years ago

Latest ACDC update solved the problem. Thanks!

#289 8 years ago

Just put up my best score ever after almost 3 years of ownership. One song away from Encore. This mod has made me really appreciate each song as its own mode with crazy lighting effects. Hands down the best money I've ever spent on a game.

#290 8 years ago

Damn... I can't wait to install mine! Didn't get the chance to do so over the weekend with the holiday, going to try this week!

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just put up my best score ever after almost 3 years of ownership. One song away from Encore. This mod has made me really appreciate each song as its own mode with crazy lighting effects. Hands down the best money I've ever spent on a game.

Now everyone will want the code version with the enhanced magic playing skills option..

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Are you happy with the level of "darkness" it goes to in Back in Black? That was really an arbitrary choice on my behalf.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Are you happy with the level of "darkness" it goes to in Back in Black? That was really an arbitrary choice on my behalf.

To be honest, I noticed the full GI dimming on a few songs, not just BIB. Either I'm on crack or the effect is on a few songs. But it's totally awesome and adds another layer of stuff to do. Because there isn't a lot to do on ACDC.

#294 8 years ago

Did mine install yesterday evening. Was easy to do thanks to the vids

1 remark: when finishing the backbox it would be great to be able to compare it with a picture on your website to double check if all colored cables are on the right spot.

And than after finishing install you look at the watch and see its to late to test play as everybody is already asleep

So testing is for tonite. At least the attract mode works

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

when finishing the backbox it would be great to be able to compare it with a picture on your website to double check if all colored cables are on the right spot.

You mean the red white and blue socket strings? Those photos are there on the website for both ACDC and Met. They are slightly different. On the installation page just below the videos.
Or if you mean all the matrix cables I am happy to put up a photo if the video is not clear. Probably a good idea anyway.

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You mean the red white and blue socket strings? Those photos are there on the website for both ACDC and Met. They are slightly different. On the installation page just below the videos.
Or if you mean all the matrix cables I am happy to put up a photo if the video is not clear. Probably a good idea anyway.

I meant the whole deal. Yes, there is already a good picture of the red white blue socket strings but not about the whole matrix board.
Perhaps it is an overkill but I Always like to make sure everything is 100% sure OK prior to switching the power on. A video is no good for this, a clear picture of the backbox is required.

But perhaps I to overcautious

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I meant the whole deal. Yes, there is already a good picture of the red white blue socket strings but not about the whole matrix board.
Perhaps it is an overkill but I Always like to make sure everything is 100% sure OK prior to switching the power on. A video is no good for this, a clear picture of the backbox is required.
But perhaps I to overcautious

I'll get it on tomorrow.

#298 8 years ago

Harold or someone else who has both LEDOCD and GI theatre installed on an old non LED wooden backbox met- can you please post a pic of your backbox and cables?

#299 8 years ago

Sorry that I don't have that setup, but if it helps, the side of OCD with all the transistors is the "out", and the red and yellow matrix cables go from that side to the inputs of the matrix interceptor. The matrix interceptor then goes to the playfield as normal. Herg's cables go from the headers on the pinball driver board to the "in" side of OCD. Both Herg's and my red/yellow lamp cables have polarising keys and will only go in one way and only on the correct header.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Harold or someone else who has both LEDOCD and GI theatre installed on an old non LED wooden backbox met- can you please post a pic of your backbox and cables?

There's a picture of both installed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-lightshow-powerful-interactive-lighting?tu=herg#post-2806479

I can draw some arrows on the pic to show the "flow" of the cables. That said, I'm currently testing with the resistors terminator board and the LED OCD after the GI Theatre.

Edit: Here's an attempt to show how the cables run in the "OCD first" configuration.
ocdfirst.jpgocdfirst.jpg

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-lightshow-powerful-interactive-lighting/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.