By TimeBandit

1 year ago

Stats

• 397 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TimeBandit
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpeg
IMG_7592.jpg
IMG_6837.jpg
IMG_6836.jpg
IMG_6842.jpg
image.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
ocdfirst.jpg
image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-27_at_1.47.13_pm.png
root_copy.png
image_2.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 397 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 285

for sale

Total Lightshow. Powerful Interactive Lighting

Added: November 9th, 2015 Re-listed: 2 times Ended: July 20th, 2016

Item description

Total Lightshow is a new retrofit modding kit for Stern SAM pinball machines. Available now are plug and play kits for Metallica Pro and AC/DC Pro that bring the GI lightshows of their respective Premium/LE models to the Pro. The system will also drive other mods and is completely interactive and mode-aware.
The system is based on the Matrix Interceptor, a PCB that continuously reads the entire switch and lamp matrices of your machine and is programmed to lock onto any behaviour that can be used to navigate through the game code.
The Matrix Interceptor drives 8 full pwm controlled power outputs and a 3 channel serial multiplexer to control 3 independent chains of addressable LEDs.
The kit install is completely reversible, and can be moved from game to game.
The kit comes fully pre-programmed and is plug and play, but code may be updated over USB if you wish to change to another game, or if I issue patches for any reason.
The development thread, with many details is here..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo

Please note that due to many personal preferences, and the inefficiency of shipping bulbs back and forth across the world, bulbs are not included in the kits.

Metallica Pro -- Three new strings of GI bulbs are installed that match the Premium blue, red and white controllable strings. Some original GI sockets remain in place and are controlled by the companion break out board, the GI Interceptor, which allows the main board to control factory GI.
The Met Pro kit will also include support to drive the rising cross mechanism and provide lighting effects to added spinners if they are connected properly into your switch matrix (this code is in final stages of development).
The Met Pro kit currently has no coding for the addressable LED outputs, but the Matrix Interceptor ships as an identical component in any kit, regardless of whether its full capabilities are coded for a particular game.
I have not designed the kit to replace the sockets in the inlane ball guides as the flipper mechanisms are immediately below, and I believe the install would be too difficult for the benefit of the additional bulbs there. Some folks are hard core enough to try this, so if that is you an add on harness can be purchased to allow you to also install red and blue bulbs in this area.
Bulbs required, 9 each red, blue, white.

AC/DC Pro -- Similar to Met. Blue, red and white GI bulbs are added, GI Interceptor controls remaining factory GI.
Bulbs required, 9 each red, blue, white.

What's in the kit. One Matrix Interceptor control board, one GI Interceptor daughter board, matrix cables to connect the main board to your pinball machine, new bulb sockets (that are an exact match for the factory Stern sockets), cables to connect the new sockets to the control board, all mounting hardware.
Reminder, bulbs are not included.

**Older Pro models vs LED Pro**
Sterns newer, LED Pro models ship from the factory with termination resistor boards fitted to the lamp matrix. These are primarily to address ghosting, but they also do a nice job of cleaning up the signals and they are necessary for 100% performance of the Matrix Interceptor.
If you install the kit in an older, wooden back box style pro, you will need the add on Matrix Terminator boards which I produce for the kit. They are similar circuitry to the factory boards and guarantee full performance of the main board.

Purchasing details.
Total Lightshow main kit -- US$285
Add on Matrix Terminator -- US$19 (for the pair)
Optional inlane ball guide extension harness -- $19
International Shipping (USA Ex Australia) -- US$25
International Shipping (Europe Ex Australia) -- US$32

To buy, please use the portal at my website here..
http://www.redshiftled.com.au/store.php
(Ignore the prices on the website. Enter your Pinside ID or AussieArcade ID to access discounted pricing that is listed in this ad)
OR..
the PinsideMail link to send me a message including..
an email address to which I can issue a PayPal invoice,
which game you are buying for,
whether you require Matrix Terminators,
whether you require any optional extensions,
from which country you are buying (different invoices for tax purposes).

More details will be posted in the attached for sale forum thread.

Item photos

image.jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://www.redshiftled.com.au

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Sydney, Oz, Australia

Seller insights

These are TimeBandit's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to TimeBandit's stats page

#2 1 year ago

I will be filling these spots up with pics and videos. Generally though, assume that I have attempted to replicate the Premium lightshow as closely as I can.

The development thread, with many details and an enormous amount of pics and video links is here.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ramp-lighting-in-your-face-st-pro-brought-to-lifevideo start from the end and work backwards..

Website (pretty lame at the moment..in development) http://www.redshiftled.com.au/
Ignore the prices on the website. If you buy through there enter your Pinside ID or AussieArcade ID for the pricing that is listed here.

This particular video contains no game code. It shows what can be done with Met Pro GI..
» YouTube video

AC/DC..
» YouTube video

Fade to Black..
I have programmed this mode to fade over 80 switch hits. Notice how it correctly exits the mode only when I choose "collect" at the end. The power of the Matrix Interceptor is its ability to know exactly what is going on across the entire playfield, and really lock into modes.
» YouTube video

#3 1 year ago

Hardware and installation guides..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

» YouTube video

Bulb maps..
ACDC_GI_Socket_MapJPG.jpg
MetProGIDrop.jpg
MetProGIMapJPG.jpg

#4 1 year ago

Ordered!

#6 1 year ago

pm sent. Thanks for all the hard work. CAN'T WAIT!

#7 1 year ago

Can you link to a video of Metallica in action?

Thanks!

#8 1 year ago

PM sent and money falling out of my pocket....

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Thanks!

Yes,that would be great too see as i may be interested in one for my Met Pro.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Thanks!

Lots of videos, here's the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mikeutubehull

Also, here is a nice long one of some gameplay:
» YouTube video

#12 1 year ago

PM sent, cannot wait!!!

#13 1 year ago

To match my PRO LED bulbs I want these right?
http://cointaker.com/products/555-2led

Not frosted right?

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

To match my PRO LED bulbs I want these right?
http://cointaker.com/products/555-2led
Not frosted right?

Yes they are the ones. You could of course use frosted if you prefer. But factory are clear.

#15 1 year ago

Do you have a list already made up of how many of each bulb we need to order for specific kits?

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Meph:

Do you have a list already made up of how many of each bulb we need to order for specific kits?

Kits come with nine new sockets for each colour. 9 blue, 9 red, 9 white. You can use some whites that you drop out of the originals.
AC/DC and Met are the same.

#17 1 year ago

Just to clarify re bulbs. Due to the crazy idea of me buying bulk bulbs from CT or Comet, shipping them to Australia and then shipping them right back to the US in kits, and because of personal bulb preference among users, bulbs are not included in the kit.

#18 1 year ago

Pm sent! Yes!!!!

#19 1 year ago

Excited to see you release!!! Congrats!
I fully understand all the hard work you went through!

A round of Applause!

#20 1 year ago

Wouldn't mind having a few extra whites on hand. I think factory MET LED uses the regular white, not retro or warm right? I have mine next to my POTC I used retro white in and what a difference. I like the retros too, yellowee and warm but I like the regular white in MET, especially considering color changing is coming.

#21 1 year ago

Paid!

I took a lot of shit for having ACDC Pro, but I bought the game because I genuinely enjoyed it more than the Premium. I've owned it longer than any other game.

This new light show is an another amazing addition an already blinged out game! Can't wait!

#22 1 year ago

For those who have seen the ball guide add on in the development thread and who are ordering it, just give me a day or two to finish working out exactly how I'm going to get it made up. It's not part of my general production program and I want to get it done as easy as possible so it's not too expensive.

#23 1 year ago

Postage will continue to be invoiced at US$15 for the week ending Nov 15, 2015. The quote I just got back from AusPost is actually $25. I think I got the size right when I first quoted it, but not the weight. So I will leave it at my first advertised price of $15 for this week. Next week it will adjust to $25.

#24 1 year ago

Invoices are going out with a note to see my website for installation guides. This is still a few days away. Please see the development thread for installation procedures for now.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes they are the ones. You could of course use frosted if you prefer. But factory are clear.

All wedge based?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

All wedge based?

Yep

#28 1 year ago

Well that was a fun day packing boxes. A couple made it out to the post, but will start sending properly tomorrow. All Metallicas at this point. AC/DCs and those orders with ball guide harness add-ons will follow close behind. Thanks again everyone!

#29 1 year ago

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm excited to get mine. I'm assuming that if I decide to add the ball guide lamps myself it is as simple as adding a couple of additional sockets in parallel and drilling the holes, correct?

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm excited to get mine. I'm assuming that if I decide to add the ball guide lamps myself it is as simple as adding a couple of additional sockets in parallel and drilling the holes, correct?

Yep, my harness looks exactly as you would expect (the socket tabs need to be bent to fit under the flipper mech). I then put a feed through IDC on the main harness in the same way I have done to accommodate the spotlights.

image.jpeg

#31 1 year ago

Little question... Is there something to do with the spotlight over the slingshot??? leave it there? remove it?

#32 1 year ago

Money sent!

Wont be long now....

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Little question... Is there something to do with the spotlight over the slingshot??? leave it there? remove it?

Leave it there. It's controlled and will fade.

#34 1 year ago

Awesome stuff!!!! pm sent

#35 1 year ago

Best pro mod available on the market .

#36 1 year ago

Invoice received, $ sent. You are the man!

#37 1 year ago

PM sent. Waiting on invoice. Can't wait to install this!

#38 1 year ago

Will you have a plug and play RGB GI solution for XMEN too?

#39 1 year ago

PM sent. Ermahgahd, this kit is awesomesauce!

#40 1 year ago

Just a quick processing update. Will just be off line for the next few hours as a pesky thing called life and children get in the way. So invoices and shipping will be happening in the afternoon local time. And I'm actually processing quite a few more orders than I anticipated, which is great of course! But it won't all fit into one day. Thanks again everyone!

#41 1 year ago

A bunch of Met kits went out today. As I am still testing the postage system I wonder if I could ask one or two people to chime in if they received an email from Australia Post stating the package was sent. The system is supposed to do that but the guy at the desk didn't know enough about his own system to confirm it for me, lol.

#42 1 year ago

Ordered monday, no email here.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Ordered monday, no email here.

If it's not working properly I'll go into PayPal manually tomorrow and notify of shipment.

#44 1 year ago

I got an email from clickandsend.com.au if that helps.

Thanks again! I can't wait!

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I got an email from clickandsend.com.au if that helps.
Thanks again! I can't wait!

Yes, that's it. Thanks!

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Will you have a plug and play RGB GI solution for XMEN too?

I am definitely doing more games. X men has been asked a few times. Keep an eye on the development thread for titles I'm working on. TWD is next.

#47 1 year ago

No email here, but I did get the tracking number through PayPal. I just tracked it, and it shows that it's on its way. Thanks.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I am definitely doing more games. X men has been asked a few times. Keep an eye on the development thread for titles I'm working on. TWD is next.

Damn... if you give TWD pro love, I might have to break into the bank and get one...

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

A bunch of Met kits went out today. As I am still testing the postage system I wonder if I could ask one or two people to chime in if they received an email from Australia Post stating the package was sent. The system is supposed to do that but the guy at the desk didn't know enough about his own system to confirm it for me, lol.

I have not received confirmation of shipment from any resources thus far.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Thanks. Are there differences between TWD PRO and premium/LE GI? I thought the premium/LE just had red and white gi? Are they that different?

There are 397 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.