By KornFreak28

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robocop-approves (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 3 years ago

Get it as soon as you can.

The sooner you get it done, the sooner you are done with the pain.

Absolutely no advantage in waiting.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:Did you have one done?

A few months before the pandemic, I drove a friend from church to be admitted for surgery.

He's a plumber, and in his 40s. Because he is young, they did both knees at once, and made him an inch taller (not kidding).

The paperwork he got from the hospital said that there was a 10% chance of needing a second replacement, if he lived another 20 years.

The data was all from replacements done way back in the 90s, so obviously the current knees are better made than those antiques.

-

So with the new technology of current knees, probably less than a 10% chance of needing another replacement seems like great odds to be pain free.

Even if it was 20%, I'd take those odds, lol

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think the more surprising piece of information is that The Tall Man goes to church.

If the man upstairs can forgive me for all the monstrous things I've done, he'll forgive ANYBODY....

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Glad to hear that! Did he regain his full range of motion?

I've been on the other side of the world, but last time we zoomed, he said he was doing great

I'll ask for specifics next time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-knee-replacement-advise?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.