Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 7 years ago

What about Total Nuclear Annihilation, is that trademarked? Bonus: cheesy acronym.

1 month later
#924 6 years ago

Backglass looks awesome in person; muddy screencap doesn't do it justice. For me the art style matches the music perfectly, but to each his own. I think people are going to be impressed when the whole package is revealed.

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Anyways the art is definitely not great...there is no denying it.

Sorry pal I can totally deny your opinion. That's how they work.

#1062 6 years ago

Disappointing but not surprising that in 2017 so many pinball dudes need to be coached through how they could possibly enjoy a game with a female protagonist.

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

PS: Also you're reading too much into it, it has nothing to do with the female role but rather the Anime style of it.

Zero chance you compare the backglass to the Powerpuff Girls if the character is male. Looks nothing at all like that show. Even "anime" is a stretch.

Anyway, it's too bad you got your hopes up for a Mad Max game (which is also a dream theme of mine) but this is not that game. I don't know how you can say the translite doesn't fit the theme when it's on original theme that someone else created. Whatever he creates is the theme.

Get started on a Mad Max Fury Road pin. If you put Imperator Furiosa on the backglass, I'm a buyer.

2 months later
#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Neither will I, sorry

Crickets.

#1633 6 years ago

There's always one.

#1636 6 years ago

Sweet avatar, art guru.

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Alright, someone buy my GB so I can buy this. I'm sold.

Same!

1 week later
#2144 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I'm sensitive to criticism about this game, b/c I know how hard he's worked on it it and is still working. I mean no renaissance faire this weekend, wtf?!

Silver lining.

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm literally chomping at the bit to call and place an order. Unfortunately I need to let everyone else jump in line so I can have time to stack cash.
I've never played the game but damn it looks good.

I'm envious of how blown away you're going to be, opening that box to play it for the first time. The speed, the music, the lightshow... buckle up.

#2399 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Are any prototype games planned to be in the Chicago area at all?

Rumor has it one of the early games will be on location at Brixie's, which already has a handful of top shelf pins operated & maintained by a collector. And if you like video games, Galloping Ghost, the largest old-school arcade in the USA (maybe the world) is a couple blocks away. About 3.5 hours from Fort Wayne, but at least it's closer than Wisconsin.

#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Should calm a bit once broke in like the white wood.

When my Tron LE was new it played like the laws of physics don't exist, but eventually it settled down. Great fast games usually play a little crazy fresh out of the box. I consider it a feature.

#2466 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

can someone post (again I'm sure) the livestream info? Thanks

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Today at 5 pm CDT from the Spooky factory.

#2730 6 years ago

I don't know if it was the shaker, subwoofer, or (likely) both, but the super spinner thump was UNREAL on Saturday night. I'm not even a fan of shakers, but this was awesome. My whole group laughed at how ridiculous it was every time someone ripped a super spinner. That combined with a hardwood floor suspended over the basement = free foot massage for the whole room.

#2922 6 years ago

IMG_0544 (resized).JPGIMG_0544 (resized).JPG

#2925 6 years ago

Been workin' out.

#3025 6 years ago

I'm more of a Golden Zach man, aka "Old Rough and Ready."

Golden ZachGolden Zach

1 week later
#3129 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This, in turn, drops the overall height of the backbox down about 4-5 inches if I remember correctly. TNA is actually the same height as an 80's Bally.

Great game for people whose basements are usually too short for toppers. TNA beacon fits!

#3239 6 years ago

There is also going to be a ramp

Finally!

1 week later
#3486 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's a super awesome story, and too bad it didn't match up with the Spooky Documentary timelines. Would have been awesome to see Scott's story retold.

I hear sequels are big these days.

#3499 6 years ago

Li'l Nukie.

2 weeks later
#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from OffshoreTrucker:

Pretty sure it was 4-5, rush from playing at the time. Posted a 2,012,420 score.

Amazing game for your first time playing it. I might have cracked 2 mil once, but I don't think I've seen the 4th reactor.

2 months later
#4192 6 years ago

TNA can go from 1 to 10 balls per game.

Also from 1 to 9 reactors! One reactor battles for dollars are a blast, and level the playing field a bit if you have some novice players in the mix.

#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Could you explain this one a little more please? Sounds like something I could play with my wife and kid.

You can choose how many reactors it takes to reach Total Nuclear Annihilation. Default setting is all nine. When you reach TNA, you get a bonus and the game effectively ends. If you achieve it before ball 3, plunge any remaining balls and receive the TNA bonus again. So no matter how great you play, one reactor and you're done. The challenge is to maximize one reactor before blowing it (preferably during multiball, with multipliers).

#4196 6 years ago

Just thought of something for Scott to implement in his ample free time: timed reactor battles!

#4206 6 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

It's right next to Sushi Station as well. Pinball and conveyor sushi in one trip? Oh my.

Damn, makes me wish I still lived in Des Plaines! Used to stop by Sushi Station all the time.

3 weeks later
#4372 6 years ago

It was awesome to see high-level TNA competition on the stream. I know a few tricks those sharpshooters haven't learned yet.

#4398 6 years ago

Or you guys could just wait.

#4403 6 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

There should be a free set of target decals or a copy of the soundtrack for every machine number that was skipped, provided by whoever is jumping.

Was anyone promised they'd receive their game in numerical order? You guys get way too worked up over this number stuff. Even LEs from Stern aren't built and shipped in numerical order. Some dummies request certain numbers, so they dig that # plate out of the box. And you can bet they ship games in whatever order serves their purposes, not in the order people put money down.

#4535 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

My favorite one was that legendary Phish show in the Florida Everglades for New Years Eve 2000, which started before midnight, and the band played....WITHOUT TAKING A SINGLE BREAK.....until after SUNRISE!!!! I get chills just thinking about that one.

I too get a chill down my spine thinking about that much Phish.

1 week later
#4689 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

It would be a great game for $ games.

Hands down, the best modern game for dollar games.

#4700 6 years ago

Decent player and all-around great guy Bowen Kerins will be streaming TNA today, Thursday 2/1 around 10 AM Spooky time (central).

http://twitch.tv/ontilt

See you in chat?

#4702 6 years ago

It's 10 AM on a Thursday, why aren't YOU working?

#4706 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Decent player and all-around great guy Bowen Kerins will be streaming TNA tomorrow, Friday 2/2 around 10 AM Spooky time (central).

See you in chat?

Sorry, I'm an idiot. It's today. This is happening NOW.

#4707 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This is happening NOW.

Reactor six destroyed! ...and still going.

#4708 6 years ago

Death by airball on reactor eight. Ouch.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Decent player and all-around great guy Bowen Kerins will be streaming TNA today, Thursday 2/1 around 10 AM Spooky time (central).

See you in chat?

Bump for latecomers, stream still running!

#4717 6 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Oh, and oh so close on that last game.

Eight going on nine, 10+ million points. Hell of a game to end the stream on.

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Any idea how that game was set up? Slope? Out lane posts? Coil settings?

Sorry, no idea. Coil settings seemed to be default based on the crazy strong slingshots.

#4797 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Damn I lost my bet! (299)

Pretty sure I bet 276. Glad to lose!

#4812 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What's with all the strange numbers?

276 was the phone prefix in my hometown. Just popped into my head. I knew it was a dumb bid, but oh well.

But if I can play "well, actually" in hindsight, I think they're doing batches of 25 internally. They could've built 275 and also count Scott's unnumbered test game. It has a butter cabinet and everything! That counts, right?

4 weeks later
#5136 6 years ago

That is a great picture, even though I look like I am stoned or drunk or both.

I smell a new Scott Danesi Is Awesome t-shirt. If only I knew someone with a shirt printer...

#5158 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Then Bowen walks in and gets 7 reactors in 2 balls, and then drains with one shot on the 9th reactor on ball 3.

The fact that Bowen has blown reactor 9 at least twice but still can't get enough speaks volumes.

4 weeks later
#5578 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The best I've done is 10 balls plus 2 EB.

That's exactly how many it took for me on a four-player co-op game. First try, though! Felt so good to plunge out those last two balls for the massive TNA bonus collect.

1 month later
#6025 5 years ago

Wait, the glass comes off?

1 month later
#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

need to try and get that damn default pop champ score off my game finally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.