Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2295 6 years ago

Ordering one to put in The Sanctum as soon as I get the email this morning. Pretty sure everyone in CT is going to love having one in public to play

#2314 6 years ago

#112 coming to The Sanctum. Big party when it shows up. Jukebox will be turned off for the night for sure!

-Jim

1 week later
#2847 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My prediction is at-least 12 on route in the world by 3 months into production.

If #112 comes in the first 3 months I can contribute to one of the 12 in your prediction.

4 months later
#4241 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

How can we get some games to the North East ASAP??? You are missing out on orders because no one can play it out here! Let’s move Rascal up in production, he promised to throw an official TNA North East launch party when he gets his game! He has memory loss so he might have forgotten that he signed up to.

One coming to The Sanctum very soon. Big unboxing party when it arrives. Likely end of the month. All of New England will finally get a taste!

-Jim

1 week later
#4306 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

At projected 10 a week, I'm wondering how many of us are doing math right now.

Waiting for #112 to put on location in Connecticut. Don’t think they have hit the 10 a week stride just yet. I’ve been doing the math for awhile and it never adds up quick enough

#4313 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My brother lives in CT , where is your game going to be located ? He might want to check it out .

Going to The Sanctum in Meriden. Where does he live. We have a hell of a crew here with like 50 people on Monday nights for leagues and a ton of fun.

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

He's in Norwich , looks like it is about an hour from Meriden . I will tell him he should check Sanctum out .

Sweet. We have people driving much further every Monday night for leagues. All corners of the state,NY and MA too. Well worth the drive. 47 games on free play for a 10$ donation door fee and byob!

#4342 6 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I am going to make the drive and I am one of those players over an hour a way. Looking forward to it (looks like an awesome place with a great, and ever changing, collection).

Awesome! Look forward to seeing you there!

#4366 6 years ago
Quoted from Ordinal:

From Charlie on Dead Flip's BBB stream (22:50 in):

Then, later in the stream (starting at 46:16):

So, there's still some waiting left.

Hey ours is going on location but no bumping up going on here

#4368 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When will the TNA album be available on iTunes and Spotify?

Who cares Pump that shit on cassette as it was intended. Party at The Sanctum Monday night. Cassette deck is all setup ready to crank.

57CDB176-27DB-404E-B7D5-EF4196135E0F (resized).jpeg57CDB176-27DB-404E-B7D5-EF4196135E0F (resized).jpeg

#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

#60 shipped today.

Won myself a set of meltdown mirrors today

#4418 6 years ago

Don’t worry about anyone in here. You’re doing everything 100% right and the best any new company has. You’ve got nothing you need to defend

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:I'm not going to the dark side... I swear.
We have more requests for people wanting to play this on location than ALL OUR OTHER GAMES COMBINED... this in turn has led to more operator requests, more show requests, more home sales... more everything.
Having a hit game on our hands is a good problem to have. Hiring a ton of people is a temporary solution and a double edged sword... I also don't want to be laying people off in a year. Right now, yep... we are hiring! Even in a flooded market, we have that much faith in TnA and Alice Cooper.
I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.
The bulk of the games are being done in the order they were taken. Being an operator doesn't automatically bump you to the front. I also have to take care of everyone that works here and look out for the companies best interests... if getting a game to a big time show means more jobs & security, it's good for everyone. You and us!
All the games will be built and delivered... that I promise. We've never NOT shipped someone a game, and having a hit game is a great problem to have for a small pinball company in the middle of nowhere WI.

1 week later
#4676 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I get the impression there was a bad batch of springs on ALL mechs coming out for a little while.
I had some break on SW and GOTG quicker than normal.
I am guessing that springs come on the whole mech from the supplier?

Dialed in day one spring broke when we unboxed it for the pintastic tournament bank. No biggie.

3 weeks later
#4917 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

just got the 2 week warning for a game in 100s!

I’m hoping that means 3 week warning for me

2 weeks later
#5090 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Let me clear some things up...
We're doing per average 8 to 10 games per week. We're hiring to increase that, but then we begin to out run some of our vendors, who are also working to increase their capacity. It's not an easy thing to manage to say the least. We aren't Stern or JJP and we're never going to be... we like where we're at.
The latest batch of butter cabinets is assembled and in production now. We do them all at once because damn you have to be careful and it's also a lot more work to produce the actual cabinets.
We've built over 120 now... the intent is to build as many TnA's as possible BEFORE Alice Cooper hits production in late May / Early June (best estimate).
We set a goal of building 300 Rob Zombie games in 18 months and publicly announced that... we did it in 16 months, AND had Domino's on the line at the same time. There will be some overlap of TnA and Alice. Nightmare Castle is a contract licensed game and timelines have to be honored.
It's not perfect folks, but we're doing everything we can here to reduce wait times for everyone.

Man I was hoping for the call next week with #112 but guessing those butter cabinets are getting in the way . All my players at The Sanctum are bugging me relentlessly every week if it’s coming yet. Playing the soundtrack over the PA system isn’t keeping them at bay any more

#5179 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

I won't be sending out any emails on games this week. We are crazy busy getting ready for Texas!! But there will be a bunch of emails to send when I get back!

Is Texas over yet? I want to send my final TNA payment and order AC at the same time

#5209 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

For those counting...#107 due to ship next week per Kayte
I’ve decided to let mine go straight to route. Tentatively going to have an unboxing party at the location. Will keep Pinside posted when plans are more definitive.

Nice. I’m #112 and going on the line next week. My players are chomping at the bit for it.

#5286 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What # is shipping at this point?

I’ve been told me #112 is on the line this week. Will be at The Sanctum as soon as I get it.

#5313 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I’m in the same boat. I order a POTC which won’t ship until August. So looking to add a second pin now.
Problem is I don’t like any of the Stern’s. I keep trying to talk myself into starwars. But can’t. I don’t like the woz or hobbit.
So I decided on TNA after watching all the buzz at TPF. But nope. 6 month line.
So now trying to figure out what I want as pin 2.

If you need a second pin ASAP just order a TNA now. Take the 5k buy a Williams
Dmd for some fun for now and sell it come fall to pay for TNA.

#5331 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt that having long lead times hurts the bottom line....I get organic growth, and thats great on their end. Their big mistake IMHO is the the $1K deposit....they should make it $250 and fully refundable. I guarantee their backlog would increase, and most consumers could care less about a $250 deposit, and the long lead time....

I don’t understand fully refundable deposits. What’s the point? Just take no deposit and then not have to worry about the annoying refund stuff later if you wanted to go that route as a business. . Small refundable deposits do no good. Prople are impatient and pull out of their order the second a new shiny object comes along and then the huge parts order they just put in to make the games is on them with no games to build.

#5385 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Those are both great games. Although, I have heard DI is non-routable (except at a barcade) due to the number of places ball get stuck.
If they really wanted to be the first to route in their area, they should have ordered day 1 and they would have or be getting their machine soon. But if that doesn't make sense, routing a stern is a fine approach to their operation. Good for them. They can revisit that choice later. I guess I just don't see your point.

One wire form area the ball gets stuck on ours. Other than that it never gets stuck. It’s under the ladies arm for the diverter. We’ve got it working fine on location

#5414 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Absolutely true ! For a Hot minute I was all in to pay more! .. Nah !! I will wait..No reason to blow dough$$$.

You can just come play ours until you wait silly on Monday’s. I’m all paid up

#5417 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks, That would be great!!!
PM me info.... Thanks Again..

Info’s all public. The Sanctum. Open every Monday night from 6:30 to somewhere between midnight and 1AM. 47 games on freeplay. 10$ door fee. Big commercial fridge for BYOB. Weekly leagues and tournaments here every Monday.

290 Pratt St Meriden CT. East entrance. 2nd floor.

#5469 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Am I missing a joke? Scott freely shares code to a game he has spent a lot of time on, and your response is to critque his formatting? Please tell me I have misunderstood.

It’s a joke. Ever watch Silicon Valley? It’s a silly nerd debate

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

- 10 days ago

- 7 days ago

- Today
Just some perspective for those of you waiting.

112 shipped Thursday night and is en route to The Sanctum in CT. Currently in Cleveland.

#5524 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Mine arrives tomorrow!!!

Mines been sitting in Ohio for over 5 days now....

#5577 6 years ago

#112 delivered. Now if only I had time to set this up and get it to my location so everyone will stop bugging me!

#5669 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I received #92 today! Great looking game, put some test plays on it and needed to adjust left sling (which ball got stuck inside of on first game).
Getting a lot of unearned ball saves. What should I check?

When the scoop fires or you destroy a rat it this is a very brief ball save. This is in addition the the Different outlane ball saves you earn with the s a v e lights.

#5672 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I'm actually getting a lot of "balls saves" during gameplay that result in a 2 ball multiball because first ball is still in play. Not sure what's causing it??

Flaky trough opto. Reseat those connectors?

#5674 6 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

I didn't look too closely, but the trough had mechanical switches. Is there an opto in there somewhere?

Trough jam opto. Upper right

#5711 6 years ago

TNA is officially on location at The Sanctum. It went through a busy rigorous testing party at my house last week when it showed up and brought to The Sanctum the next day. Anyone in the Greater CT/Northeast area come on by and give it a whirl. It won’t be leaving here for a very long long time.

3 weeks later
#6071 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Set mine up at home ... decided to make it a bit spicy ....

Drop that pitch back down. Your making it easier. Outlanes becomes safer and it’s easier to trap the ball. It’s not easy at all to trap up on ours. I’ve seen some people make it real steep and it makes trapping way safer.

#6078 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Interesting topic. Definitely less side to side with a steeper angle, but steeper means faster and you need faster reflexes. I’m still not convinced the angle of the pf affects ability to trap since trapping is affected more by the flipper throw/movement.

With the setup of this game the speed isn’t coming from the pitch of the game. Most crazy action is coming from the slings, that fast scoop and the crazy pop bumpers. Those actions keep you on your toes. Smacking the ball off the center 3 bank of targets comes flying back crazy fast as well regardless of the angle. 1.5 degrees isn’t changing much in speed of ball at that point. Try playing it with the angle down and see how much easier it is to trap when it’s up. With less side to side the ball settles way easier in a trap.

1 week later
#6193 5 years ago

TNA will be used in the Pintastic New England Show for a charity side event along with the main event we run. It will be a reactor chase battle. Whoever has the most reactors at vendor hall and tournament closing on Saturday night wins half the prize pool. Other half to a charity close to me, The Andrea Ritz Clinics in Paraguay. If there is a tie for most reactors destroyed the score will break the tie.

This charity event will encourage Co Op mode. For a single player to enter a game will cost 2$. To play a 2 player Co Op game it will cost 5$ to enter. To play a 3 player Co Op game it will cost 10$ to enter. To play a 4 player Co Op game it will cost 20$ to enter.

See everyone at Pintastic in June!

-Jim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whridlsoncestood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=whridlsoncestood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.