Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

I think Spooky could get 300 preorders pretty quickly. I'd be in on one fore sure. I've played it and it's a different experience and super fun.

#122 2 years ago

I was at the Dead Flip stream for TA . Upon the completion of the live stream everyone had an opportunity to play any of Scott's pins and he has an awesome collection ranging from Earthshaker to The Big Lebowski. But guess what...everyone stayed on Total Annihilation for the rest of the night. People were waiting to play it. That's when I was convinced that it was a special pin and wouldn't have a problem selling if it went to production.

3 weeks later
#333 2 years ago

Well deserved, Scott. Well deserved! Congrats buddy.

1 month later
#1099 2 years ago

I really like the artwork. I can't wait to see how the playfield and cabinet art bring it all together.

I emailed Spooky Pinball today and asked to be placed on the buyer list. I'm happy to support this pin and look forward to being an owner.

2 months later
#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All it's missing is drop target decals!

In my conversations with Scott he was happy to leave some elements open for the creative mod community and their add-ons. Just another way you can personalize your TNA.

#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not changing. Nothing anyone says in this thread is going to make Scott change his vision.

Where Scott's vision may not change I'm fairly confident that Scott and Spooky are listening to suggestions from the community. There is no harm in listening to feedback that is offered politely, sincerely, and with good intentions.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Suggest away!
But don't tell people they have to listen to you, know what I mean? Scott didn't ask for suggestions, he's not in here discussing things or asking for feedback. You're offering unsolicited advice, he's already shown the complete game.
He wants to change something, that's great for him. But he's under no obligation to even listen to your idea that you wrote on the internet.

I'm not really sure that you are understanding what I'm saying here, Aurich. I'm not offering advice (unsolicited or otherwise), making suggestions, or asking Scott to change anything about his game. What I am saying is that it's nice to know that there is "listening" going on regarding TNA. I understand that "listening" doesn't equate to "changes" but I don't think it's fair to tell everyone that "nothing is changing" either as nobody can know for certain.

If nothing gets changed...so what? But if an idea that's shared here clicks with Scott and Spooky that tweaks the game to be better then that's cool too. Just because we've seen a production game doesn't mean that something can't be altered/updated in a future run of this game.

Again, I'm not suggesting changes to the game. I've been fortunate to have played it multiple times (from whitewood to full artwork). I've seen the amount of effort involved in the artwork and revisions. I've seen the amount of labor intensive hours that have gone into making another production TNA. To sum it up, it's been super impressive to say the least.

I just don't think it's fair to suggest that the community not waste their time making suggestions because they will be ignored and what's done is done. In all fairness I'm not sure that's what you are saying but that's kind of how I read it. If I'm off-base I totally apologize as the last thing I want to do is put words in your mouth.

#2029 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You read it right, and it's about about being fair or not, it's just a fact. The game is done, the art is done, Scott isn't soliciting suggestions. It is what it is. If you come to terms with that you'll be happier, IMHO.
You know why I feel strongly about this stuff? Because I know exactly what it's like to present a playfield to Pinside, and what it feels like to read all the comments. And when people are shitty it feels awful.
Alien's playfield was full of compromises, the license really tied my hands. I agreed with a lot of the criticism myself, couldn't even defend it because I was basically gagged, and yet still people made it really personal.
I'm not a forum cop, this isn't about double standards, whatever that even means. I'm attempting to ask for a little empathy for the people who've worked hard, who are members of our community, who are doing their best and IMHO deserve at least a little bit of respect.
Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. Stop for 10 seconds, think about how it might make the people involved feel, and then post it if you still feel it's right. That's all.

That's a good way to say it too.
Have opinions! Share them! Whatever, do you. I'd personally plead again to be nice about it, because we're a community and this is one of our own and it would be a shame if we couldn't at least respect each other enough to do that.
But if you don't want a logo between the flippers whatever, say so, that's fine.
I'm just saying that there's a difference between "I like, I don't like" and "Scott/Spooky should". Don't plead with Ben to lobby to change things. Don't present your opinion as fact.
Accept that this is the vision, in this case there was blessedly no license to have to work around, and what's presented is what was wanted.
I'm done having this argument, either you get it or you don't. But people here can be really shitty, it doesn't make anyone on the other side of it feel good, and I think it's worth stopping to try and have a little empathy and consider what kind of a forum you want this to be.

You keep quoting me here and then lecturing me as if I said something negative or demeaning about the artwork, game, etc. I've only expressed positive feelings towards the game, it's artwork, etc. I also agree with you when I say that if you offer an opinion...be nice about it. I'm not defending those that used poor taste in expressing their thoughts. Why you keep quoting me and then offering me a life lesson on how to share my thoughts is beyond me at this point? I will disagree with you that opinions here are falling on deaf ears. I'm not saying that a playfield is going to be changed (nor am I asking it to be) but I wouldn't be surprised to see something come out of reasonable ideas.

I'm sorry that you've had personal experiences on Pinside that have made you upset but I'm not sure that entitles you to speak on everyone's behalf. I bet you are a great guy and from many of your posts all over Pinside I can see that you are passionate about what you do but this thread isn't about you. It's not about me either. It's about a pinball machine that many are excited about. To say that nobody should share an idea for the game because what's done is done and your wasting you're time seems like a disservice and a reaction because of your past experiences. This is a "discussion forum" and it's fun to hear what others think.

I'll stop with my ranting at this point so that I don't get off topic. If you think you'd like to discuss this further please consider taking it to PM. All that being said, Aurich...I can appreciate what you are saying and where you are coming from and I'm happy that you are able to express those opinions here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside