Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#293 7 years ago

And me.

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No Shit!
Some "no-name guy" (no offense Scott) makes a homebrew machine with NO ART and Sharpie markings on the inserts and it wins BEST GAME at a pinball show. How many millions of dollars went into games like Batman and Dialed In, yet a half-baked whitewood beat them all. It seems to me Scott knows what he's doing and doesn't need the peanut gallery meddling in his design.
Yet, half the people in here apparently think they can do it better. Unbelievable. Best in show isn't good enough I guess. Geez.
Add drop targets, add a shaker, change the music... Just stop! Let the dude execute his vision, then buy it or don't.

I will be the next in line to suggest a big spoonful of STFU. Scott's game, Scott's vision and it's pretty dang awesome. I played it multiple times and had number one high score between another guy who got GC and 2nd. Let these guys do their thing in peace. I know the current spelling is "there" but decided to do it the old fashioned way. I don't get "payed" for spelling.

#428 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder who that other guy was

Wasn't my place to call you out. I don't have a podcast. To my credit I have played TA in 2 states.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Drunk and sober

That is actually true

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree to all who are concerned about any question regarding this pin, Pinside is not your safe place, go to your safe place.

What is good for people like you who are allowed to give their opinion may not be good for everyone. Some of us like brutal fast games instead of 45 minute mode based mind-fuck adventures where you battle dragons and Yoda. Just trying to protect an awesome game from the Pinside think tank.

#453 7 years ago

I agree with all except could be run side by side with other games. They have a 3 year contract to build Alice Cooper.

TA plan is to build batches of 50. Game is not finished and therefore no completed BOM. There are reasonable goals set for price bit no one knows at this time. One possibility to make cost reasonable is to drop the individual displays. I prefer they stay but there is a lot going on and cuts may have to be made.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm out on the fiero game . Well unless it comes with an actual fiero on the playfield as one of the toys . Then I'm back in .

Dang, I have an NOS rear bumper from an 85 GT that I was hoping to use for a down payment.

3 months later
#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I love it and will definetly get one in the future if possible (import) but I have two wishes (for one it's propably too late but I'll tell anyway).
It's always good to have a character/ main protagonist. And you have one, she's right there on the backglass.
On the playfield however she's completely missing altough you still habe a big open canvas where the logo of the game is slapped on.
Instead of the logo (I know what the name of the game is and is has no relevance to what is happening on the playfield at this point) I'd prefer a picture of the Gal. And since all that upfront of her is the reactor she's trying to destroy I'd like her facing it; it would fit perfectly...
I made a montage of Kaneda (the real one, not Special K) where he usually walks to his motorcycle to show what I mean!

She coming in there like this, with weaponery of course, would be great!
Secondly I wish for some awesome callouts wich are from the security guards and -again- from the main protagonist telling me what to do.
Edit: Oh, and since it's 80's don't do black legs.

What you did there, that's awful.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Try not to think of pinsides most beloved user for a sec.

Even so. I am just not one of those people where everything has to be an adventure and I have to pretend I'm a character. Just doesn't do anything for me. The game is the main character.

1 week later
#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Although the discussion is from 6 days ago (page 33), the more I think about it, the more I like the idea for having the female character from the backglass appear in the logo area around the flippers. Don't get me wrong I think the art package is great and I applaud Scott and Matt on an absolute great game, but I wouldn't mind if the girl would make a playfield appearance. Plenty of titles had that (Centaur, Xenon, Flash Gordon, Star Gazer, Fathom, Viking, Mystic, Lost World, Spectrum, BMX, Vector, Fireball II, Gold Ball, Grand Slam, Black Pyramid, Spy Hunter, ...). In many other case there was some illustration tied with bonus light inserts to make that area interesting. Just looked ar my 90s games in my collection and in case of SC, MM, SS and Airborne there aren't any characters, but there is artwork in the flipper area that makes total sense and isn't destracting at all. So if the team would consider this, I wouldn't mind

Please stop. At least until after I get mine.

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It TOTALLY SHOULD have a pic instead of the logo between the flippers!!!
And this was never meant as a FACT (how is "should have" a fact?) more a suggestion.
Thats first because I like it more but second because of a number of reasons that were stated multiple times.
And we allready got our answer why it looks the way it looks. That's ok for me so why you're still flaming each other?
Discussion is closed. (Of course I still have hope that Scott gets to like the idea of the character between the flippers. )

Why don't you guys just go to the comic book store and grab some stickers?

#2057 6 years ago

I have zero games on my wishlist but don't believe that is accurate in any way. My collection is up to date. While I don't think a high percentage use the wish list I would guess an even lower number have a game on there that isn't available for another month.

#2067 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

It's ok to dream, to yearn, to love, share your desires with us Russ, so that we may share in your joy, the fulfillment of your passions

OK. I want a Diner, Sorcerer, Mustang and Acdc.

#2084 6 years ago

Depends on if you like modes, long ball times and going on a pinball adventure or if you like fast short ball times, a cool pounding audio and video experience, and no character between the flippers to guide you along.

The two styles couldn't be much more different and most people tend to lean one way or the other.

#2269 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

If you have ANY questions at all in this regard, call Kayte... 815-541-0054

I called real early this morning. Does she know numbers at this point? I am curious but don't want to needlessly bother her.

#2382 6 years ago

Games that were made to take you quarters away in short order were 50 cents in the 80's. If that isn't worth a dollar now then why bother to put new games in public?

#2459 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What do people keep saying lion man?

People are saying LIONMAN.

2 weeks later
#3022 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, the plan is you just go to the bank and get some rolls of dollar coins and then sell them to your friends when they come over? Surely not everyone brings their own Sac coins?

It's catching on.

1 week later
#3140 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Scott said there adding service rails awhile ago so i'm sure that still the case.
Wonder when there start production looks like there getting close

I would be willing to bet that it has already started.

#3215 6 years ago

Maybe the final screen could say, "You did your best" and have a large gold trophy with dancing stars and mushrooms.

1 week later
#3399 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's getting to be like the movie/book 'Fahrenheit 451' in here.

I read your entire post and downvoted it. I certainly had no authority to do that because I went to shows, played both games in their development forms and listened to what the designers had to say.

1 month later
#3743 6 years ago

I got a final invoice on #14 today. Getting close.

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

#13 is in the house.

That is good news. #14 has to be ready soon then.

#3807 6 years ago

I will be loading #14 in my car in about 14 hours.

#3818 6 years ago

Number 14 getting a workout.

20171106_194107 (resized).jpg20171106_194107 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wrong.
The more you ship, the cheaper per unit it is.
For example, my rates to NZ are $195 USD first cube and $95 per cube thereafter.
Also, every shipment attracts port services charges, and a multitude of government charges like Agriculture, fumigation etc. These are PER EACH ENTRY. The more units you ship on each entry, you divide the cost of all these fees across the number of units. So 2x Pins = 1/2 fees per pin. 6 pins = 1/6th fees each pin.
The guy would be best to either:
1/ ask Charlie to hold the pin and ship them both together
2/ let this one go, swap it with someone closer to his buddies one.
rd

Yeah, bit why would Pinside listen to someone who has done it over and over? Stop making sense.

3 weeks later
#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

12 second avg ball time day one. Maybe a good 5-ball game?

5 balls is cheating.

#4183 6 years ago

I have a friend who sets all his System 11's to 9 ball.

2 weeks later
#4283 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

OR IS THERE ?!?!?!?
It wouldn't truly be the 80's without a lousy cash-grab sequel, Scott!
I'm thinkin'.....
TNA2: ON THE MOVE
or
TNA2: THE QUICKENING
or maybe
TNA2: SECRET OF THE OOZE!
Just think about it, okay?

TnA2: More TnA

#4310 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hey Ed , have you been drinking ? I mean I get what you're saying , but I've had a few myself ( so that helps) .

He has been like that since his game made it to the current batch of 25. I think Ed is broken.

1 week later
#4443 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Glad they are having success with TNA! Part of the balancing act of having such an in-demand machine is not expanding the workforce too fast (it will lead to constriction later), but at the same time trying to get machines out fast enough that folks don't start backing out of their orders going after the next big machine ...
I really hope Alice is a hit after the beating that Rob Zombie has taken from pinside. Would still like to play a Zombie despite the shelling.

RZ is a great game with a lot going for it. Not a good fit for the everyone gets a trophy type.

Art, music, call outs, and build quality are all top notch. Game play is tough and non-conventional.

#4543 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Good one. Very Funny.
Phish....the band people love to hate, just for the sake of hating a band...even when they don't know a single Phish song!!!

I don't think that's the case.

#4584 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The impatient inner child took control today and I drove the 35 miles to Mutiny Information Cafe in Denver. Small pinball lineup but what a great, eclectic place with a comfortable vibe.
No need for me to repeat what has already been said about TNA but I will add this. The artwork looks much better in person than I suspected and the old style legs fit so I won't be replacing them with chrome after all.
Ton's of random and fast action and there is a lot more to do than a superficial glance of the layout would suggest. It's probably already been mentioned but some very clever code of what I saw. Playability and re-playability are words of the day as I kept digging for quarters. (go for it grammar freaks)
Many thanks to Mutiny Information Cafe for making the game available. I beat you guys out of 50 cents when I matched for a free game.

I agree about the legs but an 80's Bally coin door keeps crossing my mind.

1 week later
#4705 6 years ago

Looking forward to code update. I skipped the last one. #14 Will be like a new game again.

1 week later
#4835 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't find any of the new games actually casual friendly. I think pinball people forget just how confusing these games are to people who don't play them, and often don't realize there are even rules, let alone ideas like "starting a mode".
Like Star Wars for instance, that game isn't remotely friendly to someone who doesn't play. What exactly are they supposed to figure out how to do if they don't grasp the basics already? We're talking about people who don't know you can start a 4 player game on a pin, who don't understand what "lock is lit" means. These lock in your multiplier rules are greek to them.

I agree with you plus I think the pinball crowd has a much higher percentage of people onto those themes. Most of the regular people I know aren't into fantasy, space or comic book themed entertainment.

1 month later
#5391 6 years ago

I was wondering what all the activity on this thread was. More wait whining. Number 14 is available for $9500. Come get it.

#5394 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah man. If my TnA was in the USA instead of some ship somewhere, I’d be taking the cash and getting back in line.
Free money = GOOD
Plenty of other pins to play in the meantime.
rd

I agree. Luci just showed up this week and I'm not rich. I can wait for free money just like i wait for some games for show up used for a lower price. Playing the game is the same experience, you just have it at a different time.

#5403 6 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

^This sums it up completely. And the people that are whining do we want to have another company pumping out way too many machines that have sub-par quality playfields?? No thanks. More then fine with waiting on my game because I expect a quality product that Spooky has been delivering.

Good point. I have bought 4 new in box games in my life. ACDC had more problems out of the box than all 3 Spooky games including AMH.

1 month later
#5893 5 years ago

Those worrying about single player please stop drinking the Pinside Kool-Aid. I have number 14 and still play it more than anything else. If this is your kind of game it won't get old. if you want your pinball machine to tell you a story go buy LOTR instead.

#5906 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Interesting as that big hole in the box is just above the word "FRAGILE!".

The guys who handle this stuff behind the scenes just don't give a crap. Spooky and the delivery driver are the public faces of these deliveries but somewhere along it's travels there is a warehouse guy who is no better than the guy at McDonald's that puts 5 oz of ketchup on one burger. Not to mention that the companies probably don't provide time for them to handle it carefully. Stuff I see behind the scenes at work makes me want to do all my deliveries in person instead of using any shipping company. Unfortunately that isn't always cost or time effective.

#5910 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Way better than that special sauce crap.

True. My doctor told me to stay away. Probably good advice.

4 weeks later
#6255 5 years ago

Number 14 holding up strong. Looking to be one of my all time favorite games.

#6289 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

More
OK - I'm going to hold off until I get it. I'm 6ft and I heard it's worse the taller you are. I don't care about off angle though. Dead on would annoy me.

I am 6'2" and the noisy fan and slightly dim screen are much less annoying that the whining you hear on Pinside about them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.