Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Sounds like that someone never contacted me to get higher volume pricing for a production run.

Just goes to show you that the old adage of not always believing what you hear still rings true today. And from personal experience, I can say that this is even more valid when that someone you're listening to is just voices inside your brain.

4 months later
#2791 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'm going to have Scott sign my game , and I am going to take a picture of Scott signing my game . And I am going to have someone take a picture of me taking a picture of Scott signing my game .

Can I sign Bryan Kelly while he's taking the pic?

3 weeks later
#3165 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Now I'm hungry for a Kraft dinner.

Don't forget the Dijon Ketchup!!

1 month later
#3673 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

And reverse time travel hasn't been invented yet according to TNA.

If I understand the storyline correctly, it will be developed eventually if you fail to destroy all the reactors!! Good thing for me, the ability to prevent this game being placed on location in early 2017 is adjustable in settings (by way of fewer reactors needed). Phew...

Wait!! Or is HighProtein’s friend from the future which means we all failed? Even Keith Elwin!!

#3679 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

If I'm not mistaken they made Bug just pull the plunger over and over again one million times. That is dedication right there.

Come on... that’s just plain child abuse. However, I did hear rumors that they made him sit there with a clicker and count each ball plunge and eject... that’s how they know it was 1mil.

4 weeks later
#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think TNA looks great, the art, the sound, the gameplay rules, etc. but there is one niggly detail that bothers me....
The way the edge of the circle reactor lights match up to the perspective of the columns. The lines should meet the circle at the tangent but they don’t, they kinda just go close to the edges which looks weird. I know it’s a minor detail, but once I noticed I can’t unsee it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Are you assuming the fuel rod is a perfect cylinder with the top being perfectly the same size as the circumference of the rod? You gotta remember that these are nuclear reactors in the future. Is it possible they have found a way to re-use or re-cycle spent fuel rods and put in some sort of large cylinder that has a lid on the top (the reactor lights you are seeing) that is not the same dimension as the rod housing down below? I don't have a TNA close by to look at the lines up close that you are referring to, but from the pics I've seen of that area, I can totally envision some type of cap like I just mentioned.

Or maybe I've totally missed your point, which wouldn't be the first time...

#3916 6 years ago

I gotta learn to be more succinct. Same explanation...

3 weeks later
#4152 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

With Alice right behind it, we've got some thinking to do.

It's great to read this post. I realize that TNA has the spotlight now and rightfully so as one of the best pinball machines ever manufactured. I've played it on route at Alt Brew, Pinball Life, Tilt in Mpls and at a private collectors house and LOVE it every time. But, there's no doubt from what little information we've heard that Alice is going to be right up there with the best. Don't mean to get off-topic with the thread, but your one word "Alice" in the post above got me all excited!!

2018 is going to be a great year for pinball and Spooky!!

1 month later
#4546 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If the 1's and 0's are the same it's a lossless format by definition.

For some odd reason, I tend to hear the 1's better with my left ear and the 0's better with my right!!

2 weeks later
#4806 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

My wife has informed me that it was mentioned on Spooky's Facebook that they are now past 300 TNA machines ordered.
Congrats Spooky Pinball
-Mike

I called Kayte yesterday morning to place my order. Was completely unaware about the "record" status of pin 301. Then, on my way back home last night listened to this months Spooky pinball podcast and heard them talking about pin #301 getting some special items. FML!!! Always a day late and a dollar short it would seem!! Or is it just Murphy's Law again?

paid TNA invoice (resized).pngpaid TNA invoice (resized).png
missed it by that much (resized).jpgmissed it by that much (resized).jpg

#4855 6 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

If you are trying to estimate when a game in the late hundreds or higher will be ready, its better to see what they can do in the next week or month and then base it off that versus trying to see how fast they have run thus far. There was initial supply constraints that needed to be worked out... couple that with the holidays, flu season & butter/over seas/operator games and the end result won't be a good number to predict a game that is farther off.

Well, I have no idea on predictions, but Kayte did tell me that I would receive mine "this summer". #302... but summer is a pretty broad window, so no help here.

#4860 6 years ago

Well, I guess I assumed that "this summer" meant "this year". But hey, I've been know to assume too much before.

#4871 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The "butter edition" is directly printed to the wood of the cabinet. They are no decals on this. Just wanted to clear that up for other people looking.

Just wanted to CLEAR that up... I see what you did there!!

#4879 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Playing first is smart.

Unless you’re playing against me, then definitely choose to play second... I leave locks like I’m giving away candy at Halloween.

1 week later
#4894 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

...when the ball is out of control it's pretty insane.

And with TNA, that's pretty much 80% of the time!!

2 weeks later
#5103 6 years ago

We're doing per average 8 to 10 games per week.

Ok... to simplify the math, let’s call this 9.

We've built over 120 now...

I’m #302, so that’s about 180 until you get to me. Roughly 20 weeks at 9 games per week.

20 weeks from now is July 26th... first day of Pinburgh. Yay!! If I’m lucky, I’ll be expecting a nice surprise for early August. And since KT said said I’d get my game “this summer” when I asked her before placing my order, she was spot on... in fact plenty of room to spare if production slows a bit due to ACNC.

#5165 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I recommend these flipper springs. They are thick, but do not have more tension, so the flipper will still feel the same. These work great.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=774

Can you also recommend them to Charlie?

#5174 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hang out with Charlie, Kayte and his family in Benton WI for a few days and you'll find out how wonderful small town living can be.

Is hot-tub time included in the small town preview... you know, just to see if we'll like it?

1 week later
#5245 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

1 and 3 vs. 2 and 4.

Players are gonna love this... and operators are gonna LOVE it even more!! Let the smackdowns begin!!

#5390 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Then go visit spooky pick up my tna game and drive it home.
I here summer is great in Wisconsin too.

Wait... how did they guarantee you that you're machine would be ready during that two week period?

1 month later
#5926 5 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I’d like to claim to be the first licensed nuclear reactor operator to own a TNA and meltdown the things I’m supposed to protect!

So you’re a nuclear reactor operator and you don’t have TSPP in your collection? Doh!!

1 month later
4 weeks later
#6527 5 years ago

#302, ordered Feb 8th. Was told "this summer" for delivery by KT. Post #5103, I estimated based on current production speed at that time (Charlie indicated an average of 8 to 10 per week in post #5087) that I would get it by end of July. That's obviously not going to happen at this point... so either production slowed quite a bit, or they "bumped" a bunch of location games or overseas games up in the queue.

In any case, Summer ends Sept 22nd, and at this point I think I will be lucky to receive it by then. I'm guessing more like October or November timeframe. Not a problem and I'm not complaining. Actually works out well for my timeline anyway... just letting others know that the estimates may be a bit optimistic but hard to tell for sure.

4 weeks later
#6701 5 years ago

Hold on to your hats ladies and gents. Due to a butter cabinet selection, #302 just got on the line and I placed my order with Pinball Life for a few accessories. So we are officially in the 300's my friends!!

After what seemed like a slow summer (but waiting for Xmas is always slow, right?), things appear to have picked up in the sleepy little town of Benton, WI.

4 weeks later
#6893 5 years ago

(In my best TV announcer voice from the 60’s).

Make sure to tune into tomorrow to catch the exciting conclusion of the 272 vs 407 drama. Same time, same channel.

And be sure not to miss next weeks exciting season finale when we reveal the true reason why 369 was adopted by the line worker who just couldn’t say goodbye.

2 months later
#7155 5 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

I LOVE the funny little touches inside the cabinet... I am sure it has been posted before, but I wasn't expecting it and got a good laugh out of it.

Yeah... that must be an older pic of Bryan_Kelly from when production first started. I hear he's gone down hill a bit since then and has moved from a cane to a walker.

#7158 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I heard that, asshole!

I have finally arrived...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.