Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

With no ramps and toys, where's the $4695 option ? It looks fun for sure but let's be real on the pricing.

Charlie brought up a good point on the videos. He really wanted to know if people would buy a single level game. His point was this...if he makes a ramp on a game they cost him 50-100 each, but if he doesn't include a ramp people want to pay $1000 less for the game. He goes on to say that Total Annihilation under the playfield has a lot going on parts wise.

#19 2 years ago

It looks fun and tough to me and I would be a buyer most likely. I would definitely pay 6k for this over The Jetsons even though that has a ramp and great artwork.

#47 2 years ago

"Never say never"

And that is a quote.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

A kit ? Loose wires? This idea is so far from any type of reality that it is laughable . Would you really want to try to make this wire harness yourself ? And if you did and had a wire or two out of place and are calling the manufacturer of this "kit" crying about your game not working . This would be a nightmare for both the person trying to put one of these togather from scratch and any company that would be foolish enough to try and produce a "kit " for this game . A kit is not going to happen , ever . Do not be fooled by it's simple appearance and single level layout , this is not a simple game.

Yes I would pay 6k for this!

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd like to start a pinside fight/argument:
Sell as a Kit?

Mission accomplished!

#75 2 years ago

It could happen I have heard that Spooky loves the game as much as everyone else.

4 weeks later
#395 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Whats total annihilation?

Oh I don't know just one of the most awesome pins that combines old school pinball with new school tech!

Watch these vids:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production#post-3647250

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

oh yeah, I've watched the vids, it looks great. I'm trying to understand what the theme is...Or is it a non licensed theme?

This post describes it well:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/8#post-3704135

Not licensed theme created home brew pin that looks to be produced soon.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Sweet! This makes my Scott Danesi Formerly Owned F-14 Tomcat worth a bundle! (NFS, collector's piece now)

Have him sign it

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm getting super nit-picky here, but what do you guys think of the center target bank? That's just such a key shot in the game that I almost want it to be something besides three basic targets. Maybe add drop targets in front of basic targets or something. I just know you're going to be shooting those often, so they need to feel super rewarding.

The game is designed to be tough, drops would make them a lot less dangerous. The reward will be in hitting them and not draining.

3 weeks later
#706 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

"Scott Danesi's Total Annihilation" SDTA
Now it's an original title!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That is good...hope he goes with that!

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Did you catch near the end of the podcast where Scott said he was going to show everyone what happens when you destroy the 9th (final) reactor?
I was horrified to hear that, spoiler alert man! You should have to work for that, not be fed it before anyone has even played the game.

I guess anyone can just turn the stream off when this happens as to not spoil it.

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What will cost less - TNA or Star Wars Pro? That's the deciding factor for me.

Star Wars pro will be way less.

1 week later
#809 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes it is the same shots to get the reactor online and to start the reactor . But only one of the orbits will allow you to enter the reactor once you've started it and that orbit switches every time you hit the pop or a a sling . While in the reactor sling and rollovers will get the reator to critical . To destroy the first reactor it will be one random shot randomly chosen from 8 targets , the 3 standups on the left , one standup near scoop , 3 standups in middle or the pop bumper . Reactor 2 will be 2 of those shots randomly chosen , and so on so each reactor gets increasingly harder to destroy . Also since the destroy reactor shots are random every time you destroy one it has a unique feel to it.

Ooh this game sounds better and better the more I learn about it.

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Sorry, but if that's the art, I am not a fan. I don't think it fits with the 80's retro feel at all. What is the point of the girl again??? Terrible!! Here come the down votes....

I don't understand all of it yet, like the pyramid? Kinda wish that was a nuclear mushroom cloud exploding. I take it you are the girl sent into the future?

I like it though and whatever is Scott's vision I am sure will come through in the final product. I am definitely a fan of the gameplay.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"We need to get more young people into pinball for it to survive!"
Well Scott is young. Let him do his thing.

From what I read Scott isn't interested in suggestions from the peanut gallery and is going to do his thing! I love it and can't wait to see his vision finalized!

#972 2 years ago

Oh man how do you unsee that!

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hey scott, are there additional things codwise you are working on? Any more music you plan to create?
I would love to hear what other aspects you are working on if you want to share.
I heard there were some cool new lighting effects,but missed the stream.

New lighting effects and new music as well from what I caught on the stream.

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Mr. K interviewed Scott for an hour+ in his latest podcast.
Some good info in there for those interested in the project.
Also, just noticed Lionman is on the backglass.

Seeing the full resolution really has me loving the backglass even more. I missed so much of the details at first glance and I am digging the mushroom cloud in the top left!

#990 2 years ago

I thought I read or heard somewhere that the girl is modeled after his wife, if that is true I think that is awesome. How cool would it be to design a game and have your wife in the art as the lead character.

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Please don't do that. Matt Andrews will be taking care of this when the time comes.

Is your wife's name Chrystal? Or is the soda sign referencing Chrystal Pepsi?

#1008 2 years ago
Quoted from mandraws:

Yes, Scott sent me some photos of his wife, and I used those as reference for the character, then added outlandish hair and clothes.

So awesome!

#1146 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I've seen a number of posts with people wanting Scott's name on the pin. Am I missing something? I love Trudeau and Oursler but I don't need their names plastered on the backglass. Next level fanboy stuff going on here.

It was said under the context of getting around not changing the original name of Total Annihilation to Total Nuclear Annihilation. It was suggested to call it Scott Danesi's Total Annihilation.

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He wasn't INTENDING to go to the future, duh!

Actually in BTTF 2 he was INTENDING to go to the future to save his son, duh!

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My, doc grabbed him off the driveway without warning and they split.

Oops, duh!, to myself

3 weeks later
#1212 2 years ago

I would be interested in a wood version with limited graphics on the playfield. A special edition or Limited edition if you will.

I don't know why I like the look of wood grain for the playfield, but I do. Pinball Circus playfield to me looks great. I just think if the playfield had a wood background the RGB inserts would pop.

That's just me though and this is Scott's vision not mine. I am excited to see the finished game.

IMG_0748 (resized).JPG

#1226 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Played 40 games of TNA at SFGE and liked it a lot. Great fun and I agree with those suggesting price has got to be kept low. My concern is with the art package and will say the backglass design doesn't work for me. I'd select almost any suggested alternative in this thread over current direction. I feel so strongly about this that I'd be more interested in an unpainted, white wood style and etched siderails over the current design.

If it is great fun, why does the price have to be kept low? What does kept low to you mean? There is a lot that goes into this game that costs a lot. Serious question not a jab.

#1230 2 years ago

On pricing, you would agree it wouldn't sell many at current market $8k rate for high end pins, right? Spooky's current range of about $6.2k exceeds what many people are willing to pay on a new pin. People have bills to pay. If Spooky found a way to keep this in the mid 5k's, they won't have any trouble selling 500. Not saying the game doesn't feel worth the $6.2k rate, but when you compete against Stern pro's with some great themes and rules, you can't be charging more for less. It doesn't pass the sniff test.

Yeah I can't see it at 8k selling many. If they can keep it at 6.2-6.5 I could see it selling quite a few copies. How is the fun factor compared to AMH or RZ? I can't imagine they will even consider it near the price point of a Stern pro.

#1234 2 years ago

Game is very addictive - it's practically crack on four legs.

This is why I think Scott has created that fun factor that I am willing to pay for. It's not like the BOM on this game is cheap.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So glad the SFGE crowd enjoyed the game! I've had the pleasure of watching this game get built from the ground up when Scott started on it early last year. To think that he's done the music, sounds, code, cad and assembly is quite a feat for any seasoned designer. To think that this is his first design out the gate is simply amazing, and I can't see what else he has in store. It reminds me of the Brian Eddy story where he just comes out of the programming world into game design and starts just crushing numbers for the current time.
I wouldn't speculate on BoM costs until they finish building the prototypes. Though, as alluded to in this thread, a ramp really only adds about $80-100 to the cost of a game, and that includes the high upfront cost of having the molds made (the pulls themselves are fairly cheap). For those thinking this is a "simple" game, please take a look at the hardware underneath the playfield. It has more coils than most games. The entire playfield is a huge RGB LED matrix. The game has one of the best sound systems (and soundtracks) in all of pinball. The game has segment displays in addition to a full LCD display (and segment displays for pinball are crazy expensive).
However, at the end of the day, I'm happy to see a FUN throwback pinball machine get made. Even better, I'm happy to see Spooky get a new designer. And even better, I'm happy that its Scott Danesi. He's a great guy, and a true asset to the industry.
Congrats Scott!

I didn't realize that he only started this in early of last year. That is very impressive!

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I have to say that I don't get the high-price "none-apologists" that have emerged lately on pinside and podcasts, etc.
Suddenly no pinball machine could possibly be made for less than $6K USD, and Stern's gutted System 11-like features on a Pro model is a "steal" at $5400.
What the h*ll people? You are all complicit in the insanely rising prices of new (and subsequently used) pinball machines. If you plot the prices of NiB machines vs the likely BoM for each over the last 10 years, even 5, you'll see the prices have risen many many times inflation. The only reason for this is that people seem thrilled to pay more for each new release, and usually to get less in terms of playfield features, coils, etc. It's making this hobby unaffordable to a large segment of the population, and I find it annoying as hell.
If Stern could sell their home version pinball ("The Pin") at a profit for $2500, there is no way a SW Pro needs to be >$5k. This is simply the manufacturers milking the current pinball bubble for all that it is worth IMHO.
Anyway, by all means, argue with each over how much higher the price of TnA should be and watch its sales potential collapse. I guess the way the math works it's better for the manufacturers to milk the high end and produce far fewer units, that way profits are high and they don't need to produce as many games. Less games = less games out there, so more future sales potential. Basically every game is a limited run now.
I love what this game is about, but I'd fight all day for the lower price point. Lose the vaporous LCD if you have to, the game is under the glass and through the speakers on this one anyway.

My point is that this game will not cost less then Spooky's other titles.

#1310 2 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Scott mentioned it during the DeadFlip stream beeing a license free sound effect that just sounds very much the same!
The whole sound design on this machine is really awesome!

I agree and think the sounds really do engage everyone that I have seen played it. Love the Tilt warning!

1 week later
#1311 2 years ago

I can't get this game out of my mind. I haven't even played it and I think I am the biggest Fanboy of this game already.

#1335 2 years ago

Tell me I can spin that somewhere and win a free game!

1 month later
#1482 2 years ago

Oh I like what I am seeing!

#1519 2 years ago

Wow! This is fantastic! I love it.

2 weeks later
#2423 2 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Is there a chance for a demo TNA to make it to one of the west coast shows , possibly the Golden State Pinball Festival ( May 2018 )?

I would be willing to bet there will be one there as some will be delivered before 2018.

#2437 2 years ago

I don't operate but TNA with ball times so short, I think I read they are less then 30 seconds on average. $1 a game might be a tough sale. You just might make more at .75 or even .50 a game. Can't hurt to start at $1 though and if you notice a pull back of play lower the price. Just thinking from a player standpoint of operated games. I view TNA as a different experience then some of the other games set at $1, such as new Sterns, JJP's, or the remakes.

1 week later
#2826 2 years ago

Uh when I think of TNA this is not the A I think of....

1 week later
#3036 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

For me, I'd been wanting to support Spooky for a long time but they had not had a game that just called out to me. TNA really called out to me. The music, sound system, light show, speed, and neat ideas like the ball save on the outlanes really won me over. Funny enough, I dig the theme!
I'm a monster fan of Quicksilver (possibly my favorite game when company is over). This game constantly being referred to as Quicksilver on Steriods certainly helped.
Also, who doesn't want a game promoted by bangerjay in the neon green hammock?

Did you buy one?

2 weeks later
#3319 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Deadflip video said for 2k Scott would come and deliver the game personally and do a Deadflip video from your house for an unboxing party. While they were clearly kidding, that would actually be rather awesome.
By the way, can you change from three to four or five ball play in the settings? Just curious.
Gosh I'm looking forward to this game. Can't wait for more unboxing photos and videos.

Game looks to easy maybe 1 or 2 balls should be an option

just kidding

1 week later
#3511 2 years ago

I think it would be a great multiplayer title! I too am curious if it will have lasting power as a single player game. My feelings are that it will since it seems fairly tough to reach the end.

#3573 2 years ago

Just curious on what you set pricing on it at?

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Are the ramp shots as difficult to make as people say??

I hear they are near impossible.

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

same as all our new games, $1 per play.
After a certain amount of time (usually a couple months) the price will change. I am thinking the standard on this game is $1 and 4 credits for $3. It just seems perfect for a night out of playing 4 player games and the 3 losers pay each round; winner plays the next game for free.

Yeah that's a great point on the four player games!

2 weeks later
#3667 2 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

It‘s a game about time travel but that seems hard to accomplish

And reverse time travel hasn't been invented yet according to TNA.

#3703 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no, sorry.
I updated code and did not pull audits in advance. Aside from that, we dont share numbers just like I dont ask you how much you get paid

I don't think he meant coin drop audits...more like avg ball time audits and what not. Glad your game is working great!

#3705 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh...
Ball times are short, so I have moved in outlane posts a little.
People are getitng better at game. Most reactors is now at 4.
Multiball is common
I think avg game time was 1:41 the first week
2:01 now
I think with posts in a little it will get closer to 3:00 which is the sweet spot for pinball it seems.
I may also turn up the ball saver time a little.
Other thing to denote is tilt debounce is currently 3. I suugest 2 is better. 1.5 would be event better.

Can anyone explain what the tilt debounce setting does? I'm not sure how that works or what it's function is.

#3707 2 years ago

Perfect explanation...thanks.

#3709 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I thought you meant this.....

Hey, no selfies in this thread...sheesh

#3732 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TNA nearing 1 month on route and super solid all around. Earning very well and well liked by lots of players. by far the most played game of the eight in the current line up which includes TWD, alien, and an assortment of classic games.
Looks to be a great route game! Most solid of any NIB game to date I have had on route.

Sounds like you need to order and route another one

#3735 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We really just share our games for fun and to promote the love of pinball. As a business it does not make any sense (i could make more money with less investment and stress from flipping burgers).
I just wanted to share in case there are others out there thinking about routing a TNA. It does well, it is easy keep clean, and it is nice to support a buddy. My partners don't like sharing any stuff publicly as business is a private thing, but I can say that TNA had a very strong first month, and given the equation I use for rating route games, it is one of the better investments for route relative to other nib options.
Likely monthly coin drop vs cost of game is very solid. As with all games, reality won't be seen for a few months (most games trail off after the cult of the new wears off) but things were surprisingly impressive for month one.

Yeah I get it...I was just having fun...that's why I put the party emoji

#3781 2 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Could you recommend where to go to learn how to do these adjustments? New to this. Thanks.

You tube has switch adjusting videos

#3814 2 years ago
Quoted from hepgeek:

What are the preorder numbers at now? I'm strongly thinking this'll be my first NIB game, but won't be able to financially pull it off till next spring. It's kinda nerve wracking, hoping I can time it to later in the run, yet not miss out completely. How / when will Spooky announce "last call"?

I’m sure if you read this thread you will know when the last call is announced.

2 months later
#4416 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Part of being an entrepreneur is making smart business decisions on the fly. Decisions that outsiders may not comprehend or appreciate. I trust that Charlie, Katie and Scott will do what's best for all.
I'm one of the guys being skipped over right now. I want my game but I'm not concerned in the least and I don't expect compensation of any kind.
Don't pre-order a game if you have a propensity to having hissy fits.

Heck that would probably cut the current orders in half.

1 week later
#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

The coolest part about that is it will show up in tournaments and score tracking apps. Also high scores on Pinside!
--Scott

If I get 5 reactors I am rounding my score up for Pinside!

1 week later
#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Well, it's looking like they've built and shipped roughly 70-75 since last September. Assuming that number is correct, you're looking at 70 or so after about 150 days. Math says it wouldn't be this year. But who knows

The second 75 should be built faster then the first 75 though.

#4833 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would argue that some of the rules in today's games are difficult to grasp even for the seasoned players. I have family members come over and play occasionally, and they have no idea what locking a ball is, what modes are, what anything is really. Once I explain there is a rhyme and reason, a light bulb turns on in their head and they start to see it. You don't get that "coaching" with location play.

Great opportunity to use the lcd in attract mode to coach new players on location IMO. Explaining the basic rules.

1 week later
#4923 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

Ive been playing it a lot with the glass off.
Still can't break the habbit of grabbing the ball when it drains though

Are you quick enough to react to grab it?

#4944 1 year ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Hah, I though this came from TWD!

I’m sad that this sound was changed...I love that tilt warning sound. Making it a menu option to choose would be sweet!

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Whaat? That is the BEST thing about the game! How could anyone not love that??

Yes multiball stealing is a great feature for a multiplayer game. I love games like this!

2 weeks later
#5141 1 year ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Is that the girl from the TNA brochure?

Yes it is, Scott’s wife whose featured on the back glass.

#5206 1 year ago

Tom?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside