Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3200 6 years ago

Hi Scott. I assume a standard piece of PDI or Romans glass will fit. Yes?

#3209 6 years ago

Looks short to me too.

MacCulloch-Pinball (resized).jpgMacCulloch-Pinball (resized).jpg

#3247 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Updates are a PITA.

That shouldn't be a problem here with the switch to P-ROC. One of the main reason I'm a first time Spooky customer.

#3304 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I mean, the success rate of kits is off the charts!

lmfao

#3333 6 years ago

Setting the game to one reactor or playing with the glass off?

I'm torn.

#3354 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Legs are gun metal gray , Bally style .

Well, well, well. Spooky and Scott finally made a mistake. Not a problem for me.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-2263-2

#3425 6 years ago

What if their name is Dick?

#3455 6 years ago

Here's my location.

IMG_20170926_202826182 (resized).jpgIMG_20170926_202826182 (resized).jpg

#3461 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Far out, what all do you have in your collection?

Ex wives

#3485 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Using the word "revealed" is probably a stretch. If you listen to his description of the story, the guy just wanted to build a fun pin for himself and his buddies to knock around during head-to-head matchups. Short balls times. He took it to a few shows to share it...but it was never "revealed" in the sense that he intended to have it go into full production.
That's one of the cool beauties of this game. It's born of imagination and fun. The love that it garnered at a few shows helped push its production to reality. Far from being shown as a game that was designed to be manufactured.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
Bill Shakespeare

#3497 6 years ago

Nuclear Tigger Flipper.

#3503 6 years ago

Atom Smasher

#3528 6 years ago

The only ramp I need will be on the delivery truck.

#3537 6 years ago
#3576 6 years ago

you-ever-take-it-off-any-sweet-jumps (resized).jpgyou-ever-take-it-off-any-sweet-jumps (resized).jpg

2 months later
#4180 6 years ago

Seems to me that Stern had a 10 ball setting and maybe they still do. Or maybe my friend lied to me about that with his Family Guy.

#4205 6 years ago

Crap. In anticipation of future delivery, I started the process of advertising one of my games, hoping for good timing of the slot opening up.

- Some prick came by today with cash and paid me full price.

TNA #132.
I guess I'll put a fake plant in that spot.

1 week later
#4272 6 years ago

Happy New Year. Whenever I receive my game, it will have an manufacture date of 2018 printed on it.
- I pity you early adopters.

#4305 6 years ago
Quoted from zero:

#50 arrived in Canada today!

At projected 10 a week, I'm wondering how many of us are doing math right now.

#4327 6 years ago

Could be made into Scott's business card.

Scott 4 (resized).pngScott 4 (resized).png

1 week later
#4414 6 years ago

Part of being an entrepreneur is making smart business decisions on the fly. Decisions that outsiders may not comprehend or appreciate. I trust that Charlie, Katie and Scott will do what's best for all.
I'm one of the guys being skipped over right now. I want my game but I'm not concerned in the least and I don't expect compensation of any kind.

Don't pre-order a game if you have a propensity to having hissy fits.

#4521 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Roadie...the men that follow the band around are not groupies, they are roadies.

What if the band sleeps with the roadies? Grope-ies ?

#4581 6 years ago

The impatient inner child took control today and I drove the 35 miles to Mutiny Information Cafe in Denver. Small pinball lineup but what a great, eclectic place with a comfortable vibe.

No need for me to repeat what has already been said about TNA but I will add this. The artwork looks much better in person than I suspected and the old style legs fit so I won't be replacing them with chrome after all.
Ton's of random and fast action and there is a lot more to do than a superficial glance of the layout would suggest. It's probably already been mentioned but some very clever code of what I saw. Playability and re-playability are words of the day as I kept digging for quarters. (go for it grammar freaks)

Many thanks to Mutiny Information Cafe for making the game available. I beat you guys out of 50 cents when I matched for a free game.

zzIMG_20180124_114217299 (resized).jpgzzIMG_20180124_114217299 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4710 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's today. This is happening NOW.

LOL at Bowen stopping play by cradling 3 balls and holding them on the flippers so he could head rock to the music. Too funny.

#4715 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Multiball at all times. If out of multiball, get multiball.

I got that too. But why the short plunge at the start?

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I believe I have officially joined the wait list. Let the long anticipation wait begin!

"Welcome to the Future"

#4817 6 years ago

My guess is that someone, Stern or JJP will have an, "Oh shit" moment and reach out to buy Spooky and install Charlie as a VP.

4 weeks later
#5134 6 years ago

I heard Charlie was wearing it on his head when he took the picture.

#5181 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

We are crazy busy getting ready for Texas!!

zzzUntitled (resized).pngzzzUntitled (resized).png

#5214 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Same here. Only it's #115, and it has to oh-so-slowly cross the Atlantic before our eager players can try to destroy the future.

Hopefully the future isn't destroyed before making #132.

#5291 6 years ago

Scott, will you be providing a manual of game play and code.

zzzzz1envha (resized).jpgzzzzz1envha (resized).jpg

#5309 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Money sent for #126!

I'm 132 and my bowels just loosened a little bit.

2 weeks later
#5559 6 years ago

I haven't decided on game room placement yet and I have a few options where it might go including solo. But if I were to slide it into my DMD line up, I most likely would get that topper to satisfy my OCD symmetry anguish.

zzzzze9b0eddfcf44508358cf3ed915f8f9f88ff44e78 (resized).jpgzzzzze9b0eddfcf44508358cf3ed915f8f9f88ff44e78 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5717 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anybody get their notification this week?

Yes, got notice from Kayte a few hours ago. Game #132. I've order mirror blades, shaker motor, knocker and the speaker kit, in a margarine box.
Invoice to follow soon.

1 week later
#5842 5 years ago

I got an email about an hour ago. #132 has been shipped just today. Margarine cab loaded with all the extra's available. Too soon for an ETA but maybe by the weekend I'll have my game?
I can't wait to get over my jealousy of all you early guys.

#5848 5 years ago
#5889 5 years ago

I got notice for delivery today.

zzzzz 55e5e8981d00006e00146800 (resized).jpegzzzzz 55e5e8981d00006e00146800 (resized).jpeg

#5903 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, did it arrive? Any unboxing pics of you are too busy playing?

Kinda disappointed in the shipping company but yes, TNA has landed. I was given a delivery window between 8AM to 5PM and of course they arrived shortly after 6PM. Poor communication from them also.
The box was suspicious as you can see so I had the driver wait as I unboxed it to inspect. Game survived just fine even though some of the internal packaging was pierced nearly all of the way down. I don't recall ever receiving a NIB with damage up so high like this or to this extent. The box was clearly manhandled and SAIA Freight sucks IMO.

But the machine survived and its beautiful. I had just enough time to set it up and play a couple of quick games before running out for the night. I found some minor issues during pre-check that I easily corrected and so far, everything seems fine. - Thanks Spooky.

zzzz20180504_180736 (resized).jpgzzzz20180504_180736 (resized).jpg
zzzz20180504_180741 (resized).jpgzzzz20180504_180741 (resized).jpg

#5912 5 years ago

Well, I didn't mean to bring this thread down with my shipping story. Shit happens. And I agree, Spooky prepped my machine very well for those warehouse orangutans

So, to bring this thread back on happy note, be advised. I just now got done kicking Rob Anthony's ass on my machine. I destroyed him and a reactor too.
We had an absolute blast on this game and I see it lasting for a long time in my collection.

Please be sure and tell Rob that you read about him on Pinside.

#5994 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

despite your inexperience with either game in a route setting and desire to troll and disparage me constantly, both statements are in fact very true. The Alien I had was built very well (aside from light board design). The TNA I have is built even better.

You're comparing Alien to TNA concerning quality? The problems with Alien or any Heighway product goes WAY beyond a light board design and you know it.
Your comment is total disrespect for TNA.

#6004 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The Alien I had was solid and I had it running on route for a long time with few issues.

Most people are well aware of your biased opinions concerning games that you own or have owned and your history with Andrew Heighway.

People can contrast your "story" with a dedicated thread of Heighway problems and issues by genuine and concerned owners.

Here is the link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien

Quoted from Whysnow:

Stop trying to be a Kim

I'm not perfect but I will proudy take my name and reputation over Hilton's any day.

1 week later
#6091 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Be sure to update that software!!!
--Scott

Woo hoo, my first update. Link?

#6122 5 years ago

Here's a little TNA challenge for everyone. Spot the modification I’ve added to my game. Hint: You will want it after you spot it.
It’s not terrible difficult so I’m certain someone will be posting the answer fairly soon. So, take your time with the picture and work it before moving on to the answer.

20180520_202155 (resized).jpg20180520_202155 (resized).jpg

#6126 5 years ago

Yes indeed powerball and man does this game play fast, ..err faster.

The powerball is self explanatory in its action. Lighter and faster it changes up the action off the flippers, slings and the plunger. It also rotates its position in the trough due to multiball and the randomness so you never know when to expect it. So far I'm loving having it in the game.

Sorry Scott, I hope you don't mind.

Marco http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9809

#6128 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Although, I anticipate major airballs with it.

Not nearly as bad as I anticipated and on par with the regular balls. I've only got about 10 games on it this way and may change my mind, but so far I'm not seeing a downside.

#6129 5 years ago

Here's the other mod that I made, an off center bounce back behind the flippers. I took advantage of an existing gap so it was a completely reversible modification. Those are plastic spacers to protect the playfield.

Good thing it was reversible as it became a random ball trap so I had to removed it. To bad as the occasional bounce out was fun and unexpected.

zzz1 (resized).jpgzzz1 (resized).jpg
zz2 (resized).jpgzz2 (resized).jpg

#6131 5 years ago

Excellent. Please report back to this thread with your thoughts.

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was told by KT that if I ordered today would be #420

What do you mean, "If" ? ...You don't know yet??

#6202 5 years ago

Couple of personal observations on my machine so far.

1. It's been a long time since I've owned a game that had this strong of a, "One More Game" desire.
2. I'm glad I didn't pre-buy a silent cooling fan. It's not needed IMO so I suggest you wait to decide for yourself. Its personal taste but some of you guys had me freaked in advanced.
3. My topper light makes a grinding sound when it goes off as others have already reported. I like the noise, it adds to the experience and I have no intention of changing it. When I'm focused on game play I don't notice the light flashing at all but I do hear the grind and the noise adds to the drama of the moment.
4. The powerball is really working out well with its subtle game play changes and also the increased speed. I get all squishy when I see it sent out into play especially during multiball. And I'm actually getting more airballs with the steel balls than I am the powerball. - That said, testing continues and I look forward to other opinions.

Scott: Please try the powerball.

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

4 powerballs seems like the right mod to go with
If one is good, 4 is better!!!

LOL. I've done that in other games and TNA would be insane.

#6212 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Yes. I just just talked myself into it. 4 powerballs ordered from Pinball Life. Boom

I've done games completly in powerballs before and have experimented in other ways with them. It's fun.
But I've settled on mixing one ceramic ball into the group for its uniqueness. It's hard to explain but having one different color ball during multiball gives an added visual distraction. And that special ball becomes my favorite when it appears and I'm heartbroken if it drains first. - Good grief, listen to me talk about my balls.

Try it both ways but you might find as I did that one powerball is great and 4 or more is too many.

#6230 5 years ago

Here's a couple pictures of mine I just took for ya.

zzzzz1111120180527_070847 (resized).jpgzzzzz1111120180527_070847 (resized).jpg
zzzzzz1111120180527_070839 (resized).jpgzzzzzz1111120180527_070839 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.