Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#802 2 years ago

Ok disclaimer: I'm in no way knocking Scott's hombrew game. Heck I could never make one, but wouldn't be a problem to do the same thing over and over again for 5 reactors, sorry I've never played the game. I've only watched the video a few times. You bring the reactors online, overloaded and destroy it. Same shots for each reactor..right? Again not trolling just wondering if that's the idea or maybe I missed something.

#804 2 years ago

No...never. I was in an underground bomb shelter for that time.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes it is the same shots to get the reactor online and to start the reactor . But only one of the orbits will allow you to enter the reactor once you've started it and that orbit switches every time you hit the pop or a a sling . While in the reactor sling and rollovers will get the reator to critical . To destroy the first reactor it will be one random shot randomly chosen from 8 targets , the 3 standups on the left , one standup near scoop , 3 standups in middle or the pop bumper . Reactor 2 will be 2 of those shots randomly chosen , and so on so each reactor gets increasingly harder to destroy . Also since the destroy reactor shots are random every time you destroy one it has a unique feel to it.

Ok so there is a sort of a randomizer involved destroying the reactors. This is what I was hoping for.

#935 2 years ago

I know there is a ton of good art out there when it comes to games but has anyone seen a better collection than that of "Fallout"? It's so cool there is an actual coffee table book on it. I love that style.

5dccb537860060bcbbd6a9e65bca0181 (resized).jpg

#1059 2 years ago

Well....thanks for all the sexualizations Bangerjay. I'm sure it's probably against your parole terms to be posting such things. Anyways the art is definitely not great...there is no denying it. Of course I understand it's Scott's game and that's fine. But when it became a commercial project it opened itself up to debate and criticism. I agree with the people who say they envisioned something more like Mad Max type. It fits the game....the game is dark and fast paced, with a synth soundtrack. It's not at all like the Powder Puff Girls.

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sorry pal I can totally deny your opinion. That's how they work.

You're free to do just that...and that's the point, It's a game that's going to be sold for mass consumption. So I don't understand why is suddenly sacrilegious to say the translite art (and if that translite is an indicator of the whole package) does not fit the theme.

PS: Also you're reading too much into it, it has nothing to do with the female role but rather the Anime style of it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Powerpuff. And you think this looks like Powerpuff? You honestly look at the translite and see this?!?!

No, of course not, I was trying to make a point through exaggeration.

#1068 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Zero chance you compare the backglass to the Powerpuff Girls if the character is male. Looks nothing at all like that show. Even "anime" is a stretch.

Um..yeah. so what? If it was a dude that looked like that, then I'd compare it to Speed Racer. Like I said you are seeing something you want to see in it, for whatever the reason. Don't project your politics unto my comments about the art.

PS: And I guess the fact that it's called TnA was just about empowering woman.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But guys, the girl is from the 80's but currently in the future destroying reactors. So maybe it's actually more fitting to have a combination of a contemporary looking girl and 80's retro graphics.

Anytime you have to explain your art or story to the audience, you've missed the mark.

#1178 2 years ago

Thanks, After seeing your work, I can understand why you would say that.

2 months later
#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

It's comments like yours that makes Pinside suck to read. Show some class.

You know what sucks about Pinside? Fanboys and Apologists. Whether it's Stern Clearcoat or BM66's price, TBL demise or first impressions of this game. It's a public forum for pinball....as long as you don't get nasty, you should be able to express your opinion.

1 week later
#2025 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Suggest away!
But don't tell people they have to listen to you, know what I mean? Scott didn't ask for suggestions, he's not in here discussing things or asking for feedback. You're offering unsolicited advice, he's already shown the complete game.
He wants to change something, that's great for him. But he's under no obligation to even listen to your idea that you wrote on the internet.

When a gameplay video comes out showing the lighting with the art people will have a better sense for what you're talking about here if they're not seeing it yet. Doesn't mean there weren't other options, but this approach is deliberate and will look amazing lit up. In my opinion of course! But I've played the game with early lighting code, and it was already great.

I don't understand why there is a double standard here, why do we need a spokesman for Scott, was there a spokesperson in the SW thread or GB thread? No offense but I don't care whose vision it is. If you're going to sell your wares in the open market then you should be ready for some dissenting comments. I mean is this game going to be for sale publicly or not? or is this game going to be sold to 50 close friends and family members only?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Indianapolis, IN
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside