Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1588 6 years ago

I really hadn't seriously considered TNA for my second NIB. But I thought it would come in at a higher price point. At under $6k this is a killer deal.

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This pin looks sweet!! Is there a video of it in action?

#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uh, is this a joke? Who is doing the artwork for this? Its off the charts bad. I thought the AMH one was horrific as well. Same artist (using term lightly).
Seriously, spend a few grand and have a real illustrator or graphic artist work on these.

Uh, is this a joke?

Really dude? If you don't like it that's okay but your comment is a little over the top. It's supposed to look like a 1980s game complete with a 1980s techno soundtrack. As such, it's a freaking cool concept and well executed.

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Some 80's designs. Just sayin...

Yeah, but you're being a jerk. Remember the guy that designed the game and the guy that did the artwork read these forums. In fact, the guy that did the artwork did the cabinet art for Magic Girl which is arguably one of the most beautiful games ever produced. So you comment about why don't you hire a professional is insulting. It's comments like yours that makes Pinside suck to read. Show some class.

#1692 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I realize Im asking perhaps for "just me", but anyone think, especially over time, that an "audio in" method.....my choice of music....wouldnt hurt?

I get it. I have KISS and I replaced several of the songs because they're just terrible. But they do contribute to the overall theme and, much to my chagrin, I can't help but walk around singing Lick It Up after playing a game. Besides, I bet those driving synth BASS and electronic drums will burrow into your brain and you'll be feeling the urge to dance, dance, dance to that techno beat in no time.

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Wait...so people are no longer allowed to express their opinions on an open forum if it doesn't fall inline with yours?
I must have missed the memo on that one.

He has every right to say his opinion. I also have the right to call him out of he's being a complete d!#k.

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

at the same time I cannot feel less than astonished at how those who criticized the art were seen pretty much as heretics.

Some people didn't care for the the way in which the artist was attacked knowing that he likely worked his ass off on it and likely reads Pinside. That was unnecessary.

I happen to agree with some of your criticisms. Overall, I like the art package. However, I think there could be more detail on the playfield. I would like to see more of the thematic elements from the backglass brought down onto the playfield and side cabinet art. I also like the idea of the main character in the place of the pyramid in the lower playfield ala the Xenon. This machine is not in production yet so perhaps we could see an updated art package with constructive comments instead of insults (not meaning you).

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from mandraws:

Either way, I'll try to explain my point of view on creating the visuals.

Thanks for the information on your approach to the artwork on the playfield. That really helps explain why it looks the way it does. Great job.

In case you're interested, here is more of Matt's work...

http://mandraws.com/

#1935 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and I'd especially love to see more success for unlicensed themes.

I couldn't agree more! I like licensed themes and understand the many benefits of starting with such a theme. But I also feel it is "creatively lazy." We don't see new and interesting worlds but rely on ones that already exist. That's one of the reasons I like DI and TNA so much.

#2016 6 years ago

I believe I did see an interview recently where Scott did say he liked constructive feedback. I understand its his vision and I can completely respect that. At the same time, the capitalist in me says "listen to your customers." There is no doubt that pinball people love detailed hand drawn art. I'm guessing that Spooky and Scott are hoping to make some money from this venture so it would be in their best interest to at least weigh the feedback.

Personally, I love the art package. This is not the game I was looking to buy this year. It looks so damn enticing that it does have me really looking hard at TNA instead of DI or Houdini. I do wish there was a little more tie into the backglass even if it just had the cool 80s heroine on the playfield. Hopefully that is constructive!

1 week later
#2430 6 years ago

Does Spooky do factory tours? I was just watching the Spooky documentary and thought I'd see where Benton was on the map. Turns out I've been very close to Benton on several occasions and I only live about an hour away. I'd love to come see TNA in person.

#2463 6 years ago

Although I've been really, really interested in getting this game the short ball times worry me. I don't like brutally difficult games. Are there adjustments on the game to make it less difficult?

It sounds like this game also shines as a multiplayer game but I play by myself 98% of the time. Will this be enjoyable as a single player game?

2 weeks later
#2979 6 years ago

Since I've been looking into TNA I've been hearing this term "dollar game." And what's the purpose of a sac rack?

2 weeks later
#3154 6 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

unlike Homepin that claims we well screw it up

Mike at Homepin is doing a lot of things right but I was shocked to hear him say that. There is no sane reason why you wouldn't want to be able to update in the home via USB. The cost associated with doing board swaps (the painful process was described by Mike) makes no sense.

#3260 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I could be wrong, but I think TNA will mostly be sold to people who already have a collection of machines.

I'm strongly considering TNA and I only have one machine. I'm only going to ever have 2-3 games so I'm very cautiously considering but there's a lot to like about it. The thing I'm worried about is will I get bored without modes to explore and conquer over time.

1 week later
#3509 6 years ago

I made a road trip to Benton today to see TNA. Charlie was great to meet and TNA was a blast! Still on the fence with so many new pins coming out but I would clearly be thrilled with a TNA in my tiny collection of two machines. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a TNA. Damn, it's fun to play and absolutely beautiful. Really a great value.

Tim

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm certain it's tough to tell in a few short games but would you envision yourself getting bored with it quickly?

Yeah, 95% of the time, I'm going to be playing it by myself. And I only have 1 game now, a KISS Pro, so it doesn't seem like the right choice for a 2nd game. does it? And I was looking for a game with super deep rules like DI. I also hate brutal games. So what the hell am I thinking looking at TNA?

I've only got maybe 5 games of TNA under my belt but I think it's got legs. It is crazy fun to play. It is depth is in how difficult it is to destroy the reactors. Increasingly difficult. The game fights you. It engages you very quickly. The rules are super easy to explain but there is strategy. And it looks freaking amazing in person.

#3531 6 years ago

Charlie turned the lights off when I played it and it was semi-dark. The light show was amazing in the dark. I didn't find it too bright. There is one moment when the machine goes crazy and it was like the 20 photographers snapping your picture. However, it just adds to that 'machine fighting back' feeling.

#3532 6 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I hope it plays better than it looks. I just don't see much going on in that playfield.

It's very deceptive. The 'toy' in the game is the entire upper third of the playfield. Compare to a SW Pro for example, instead of ramps and a little loop that returns the ball to the flipper, you have a crazy nuclear reactor with a mini flipper, 4 coils, an LED display that feeds the ball into a scoop that fires the ball back at you faster than a ramp could deliver the ball to the flipper. That's one hellluva a toy!

And the reactor area has a clear purpose in the game. It is super exciting to get the ball up into that reactor when it is overheating. Great emotional build up with the lights, sound fx and callouts.

I was worried about the lack of modes (still am to some degree) but instead of modes, you are battling a reactor and it gets increasingly difficult. So each run you make at a reactor is kind of like beating a mode. No one it seems has gotten close to beating all nine reactors.

#3536 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So konjurer, are you gonna join the club?

I feel like Chevy Chase on the edge of the pool and Christie Brinkley tempting me "Well, are you gonna go for it?"

#3550 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

is there normally this long a gap between game one and two?

When I got the factory tour last week they were just ramping up for the first batch. Still some Jetsons on the floor to be shipped out. It appeared that everything is just about set to begin. Charlie said it would be slow going at first, then accelerate as they get more familiar with production process of the new machines.

I'm guessing that Ed's game was kinda like a dress rehearsal for TNA production and didn't mark the start of the full run.

#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

!!!! Lit side rails are coming !!!!

Just so I'm clear about what you're selling here. We would use the side rails that come with TNA and this is back lighting for under the side rails, correct? What is the anticipated cost? $79? Do you have a video of Aerosmith? Hard to tell from the pictures on your site.

Just a little marketing advice... you might want to be more specific and explain where to find more info.

#3586 6 years ago

I can understand the comments about this is a good game for a larger collection but I am seriously considering hopping in and I only have one other machine that is not deep. I was looking for "super deep" as the next game but TNA is seriously fun and looks freaking amazing. I can see myself playing for hours trying to get to the next reactor level. I only have played 5 games but it sucked me right in.

I'm so, so, so freaking close to pulling the trigger.

#3593 6 years ago

LOL... you guys are evil.

2 weeks later
#3676 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was that also 1M ball ejects and auto launches? I’m trying to figure how this was tested.

It's magic! Charlie gave me a peek into the inner sanctum where a small devil tortures the playfield. Opps, I wasn't supposed to divulge the mechanical wonders in the inner sanctum!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konjurer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.