Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2305 2 years ago

Placed my order this morning, really looking forward to this one!

#2364 2 years ago

#125 here

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

People are saying LIONMAN.

Swords of fury.

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I have a constructive suggestion for Scott. Just throwing it out there...
One of the things I love about early 80s SS machines are the squawk n talk boards, and the use of those awesome synthesized "robotic voice" callouts on classics like Flash Gordon, Centaur, EBD, Fathom, Medusa, Embryon, etc etc. I mean is 1980 the best year in pinball or what? Sound is such an important part of what makes these games so killer.
I'm not sure if you've set the callout voices for TNA in stone yet, but some robotic voice callouts would certainly fit this theme, especially for reactor startup/destruction & multiball callouts. It would also be a nice nod to the past, as TNA certainly captures the spirt of those old 80s Bally classics.
Don't get me wrong, female voices are cool, but IMO robot voices are better
Looking forward to tonight's stream!

I do enjoy playing centaur and hearing that kind of retro voice, but I think I only appreciate it because of the true nostalgia as it is a game from that time. I much prefer the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 sort of voice.. plus it's like.. what did he say.. "so fart?" "slow aren't you?"

#2494 2 years ago

great stream tonight, I'm really excited to be in on this one.

1 week later
#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for those not in the know on the sac rack

Where do you get them?

#2869 2 years ago

Yeah so where do we get a sac rac?

3 months later
#4165 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

The newest member of the family, #32. Butter cabinet makes me want to eat the damn thing. Hi Congrats to Spooky, you’ve got a hit on your hands.

Only 93 to go for me!! Love those decals, glad I ordered them too!

1 month later
#4869 1 year ago

#125 here, ordered butter CABINET (not decals, my bad) hoping that maybe I get moved into a sooner batch!

2 weeks later
#5060 1 year ago

#125 with butter cabinet here. Are we anticipating these cabinets to be built out of order? Have others with that option received theirs? I haven’t heard anything on mine yet.

#5120 1 year ago

#125 butter cabinet, I was asked for payment by 3/21, and to send shaker motor/knocker.. seems like the butter cabinet batch moved me up a few as they seem to be in the 90's at the moment. Thanks to all the others who have posted their status in line for us!

1 week later
#5317 1 year ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Just ordered! #364
I know this has been gone over before but what are ya'll getting added? Knocker kit and what else?

Shaker.. after playing it w/ shaker at TPF.. this is a must have. When the reactor is close to critical, it's a dull vibrate.. and really adds to the experience.

2 weeks later
#5625 1 year ago

#125 Butter Cabinet scheduled for delivery this Friday 4/13

1 week later
#5694 1 year ago

#125 arrived here last Friday, and since then I've put about 150 games on it. Butter cabinet was packaged extremely well, with moving blankets, thin white foam layers, and shrink wrapped. When you first see the vibrant colors and the smooth clearcoat finish on the butter cabinet, it is sure to bring a smile to your face.

The side rails are lasercut lettering "TOTAL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION" and the hinges with the spooky ghost logo. Before they are lasercut are covered with a plastic film, this is then "weeded" once cut. It looks like the large portion of film is removed at the factory, but the small letter "island" remnants, and residue around the lettering/logo is left behind. Charlie responded quickly to an email asking how to safely remove it and said "nothing caustic" and "alcohol should be safe". We ended up using the textured side of a blue scotch brite sponge with some rubbing alcohol and after about 45 minutes one rail was done. This would be much easier to do w/ the rails off, not sure what options they have at the factory. To be honest though, I'd prefer they spend their time building more games if the choice is to take this extra step or keep assembling.

Others have mentioned that the power supply fan is loud, it is. I'm going to look into replacing it and will share with others. It's not at all noticeable when the game is playing, however when you're sitting back on the couch admiring that beautiful light show it sounds like a stuck car-horn a few houses down.

Game was setup for free play out of the box, and was ready for play almost immediately. After the first day I did notice that the gap on the slingshots was widening, and I think because of how aggressive the coils hit. Quick adjustment to them, I closed the gap on some of the other stand-ups, and widened the lower right bumper switch gap in the reactor as it would sometimes falsely hit.

With as aggressive and fast as the coils are, as much as you feel like you need to move this game around to stay alive, and the use of the shaker motor, you're going to want to set your tilt bob a little lower than usual. The tilt responds a little differently than your standard WPC game, almost delayed a bit, and I'm not sure about how the debounce is setup. A few TILTS have caught me off guard that I probably deserved about 15 seconds earlier. When you start the reactor from the scoop it has an animation sequence that you can bypass, I've also learned to let it run its course so the tilt bob can settle down a bit. I turned the shaker motor down to LOW intensity. The knocker I love of course

This game above all others has that "one more game" feeling to it. The rules become very clear, very quickly, but is still very challenging to play. This game will teach you how to be a better pinball player. The music when you start playing sounds so fast and energizing, but as you progress through the modes and get into later reactors the music gets a little faster and faster.. so when you end up back at the very "early" music again it sounds like it's in slow motion. I find myself needing to take a break between games because of the adrenaline.

The skill shot while about 10" wide seems like a lot of room for error, but it's truly razor thin. Very challenging, but very rewarding. In my opinion it's better to go for the short plunge, and try to get multiball started to deal w/ the grid, but you have to get by the right slingshot. A quick nudge to the left, and you'll get to practice your live catches on the right flipper.. (I suck at them). Drop targets and the grid are much less risky from the right flipper, and I usually try to complete the grid w/ multiball running.

I've learned to just use my ball saves whenever I can instead of trying to save them for something, 9/10 times It will dart into an outlane and I wont have time to switch where the ball save is to make it worthwhile.

Hitting the scoop from the right flipper is dangerous, so post transfers or loop passes are necessary to make this a less risky backhand shot. Coming out of the scoop a drop catch is necessary to get the ball under control.

#5733 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Unless the knockers are old and tired then I would prefer the overhauled version.

Quoted from Roostking:

Real knockers are always preferred amongst gentlemen

I do love a good knockers joke..

#5735 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Game #153 here.
I am interested in adding the speaker kit to my build. Think I should I contact Kayte now, or just wait until she emails me about paying? Should be coming up pretty soon, I hope.

I'm not sure how many kits they have parts for, I would e-mail her sooner rather than later.

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I spent some time trying to make mine act a bit more "normal"...

Herg, you are the man! Keep us posted on what you find out.

#5760 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You are correct. This system setting only gets applied after a reboot. I need to update the documentation. Great catch.
--Scott

Documentation? Alien owners, eat your heart out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 265.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, FL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 11.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerlover.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside