Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1533 6 years ago

Are there any details on the rules or objectives?

#1662 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is a change to game play. Werent the rollovers used to boost reactor value?
I assumed that those white inserts are just place holders for the rollovers still?

Yes good question. Wouldn't this completely change/increase difficulty?

#1686 6 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I think the art looks great but I have to say I like this idea. It would tie the playfield into the back glass. Think Xenon (NOT Kaneda).

Not necessary. The person pressing the flippers is the player standing at the front of the machine... I don't need an image of a person to remind me.

#1691 6 years ago

Here is a cool interview with Scott, I learned some cool things, like the update to code that offers double and triple jackpots as well as a super.

#1704 6 years ago

I think this pin would fit perfectly in a 3-5 pin collection. It complements the standard flow pins and stop and go pin, by offering fast target gameplay to test accuracy and speed.

#1732 6 years ago

Can anyone share any insight into the rules and modes? I get that you have to gain access to nine nuclear reactors, and overload them in the upper area... But what nuances can anyone share beyond that?

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Not to get too into the minutiae - but I have to say my favorite part of the whole art package are these mysterious bad asses.

C.H.U.D.

#1771 6 years ago

So now people are complaining about the art? Pinside is an odd place.

Perhaps Spooky should have just pulled a Stern and Photoshopped the source photos or just took the source material and ran a filter over them to make it look like hand drawn art, a la Star Wars or Game of Thrones; everyone loves when they do that. Oh wait, they can't?

People get an original theme, and still find reason to complain.

#1780 6 years ago

To those that have played... I hear each reactor is unique, and has a different approach to destroying it. Can someone please provide further details of the nuanced differences between reactors?

#1834 6 years ago

This game is beautiful! It's unique and looks to be a blast to play. I'm looking forward trying it.

Am I weird to think this could be a game that has long replayability in a collection? It looks brutal and could be a pin that teases that 'just one more game' appeal... like Shadow.

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not sure how I got ejected from all the Stern threads so I guess I'll just hang out here.
BRAVO! Machine is GORGEOUS.

Wait what? You can no longer view Stern threads?

#2026 6 years ago

This game looks amazing, I think this thread just goes to show that people find something to argue about in pinball no matter what. It's not even a matter of arguing about the art now, it's arguing about the right to argue. Hilarious

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Original ideas are never by committee, you go Scott

But wasn't that how camels were invented?

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No game benefits from piling a bunch of useless shit on top of the head.

Agreed. Toppers are for people who need their pin to be it's own special snowflake.

#2146 6 years ago

Anyone ever see the movie Miracle Mile? This game makes me think of that movie.

#2457 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am not going to moderate two awesome Pinsiders, I choose to do a reminder instead, so please remember to keep all Lionman statements in the Lionman thread only. Thank you.

What do people keep saying lion man?

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK thanks - sorry don't do facebook.

Uh oh, we got a bad ass rebel here. Not doing Facebook, is the new 'sorry I don't own a tv'.

#2756 6 years ago

Do you have to pay in full for the preorder? or is it just a deposit or what?

#2860 6 years ago

What does Lionman mean?

1 week later
#2998 6 years ago

Is Jetsons fun, it looked a little stale from the video I saw.

#3002 6 years ago

Sorry, what is a sac rack? And why are these popular/being discussed all of a sudden?

#3010 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Present and accounted for.

It's just a fun thing to kid around with. You use it to play dollar bet games against your friends, everyone puts a dollar coin in the rack and winner takes them. I like the idea and I jumped on the hype train a little because it's something positive and fun to spread around.

Is this something that's been around for a while? Can you get them in different colors, or just the gold one? I like the sound of this.

2 months later
#3909 6 years ago

I think TNA looks great, the art, the sound, the gameplay rules, etc. but there is one niggly detail that bothers me....

The way the edge of the circle reactor lights match up to the perspective of the columns. The lines should meet the circle at the tangent but they don’t, they kinda just go close to the edges which looks weird. I know it’s a minor detail, but once I noticed I can’t unsee it. Has anyone else noticed this?

#3913 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No he's saying the rod circumference is smaller than the cap I think. Which is because it has a cap, you're not looking down at a naked cylinder, there's a top part that's larger.

Yes that’s what I’m trying to say, but your explanation makes sense if there is a cap that’s meant to be larger than the cylinder.

199D603C-6DEB-4356-ADAE-4EF2CA97AB72 (resized).jpeg199D603C-6DEB-4356-ADAE-4EF2CA97AB72 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#4240 6 years ago

Are any of these available to play in New York City?

#4258 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I will be getting mine in January and live on Long Island. 40 minute train ride away. Anyone is welcome to come and play.

That’s great, and congrats on the preorder!

#4264 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's why I don't like it: Randomness from software isn't interesting. Let the ball do what the ball is gonna do, that's pinball. You just play it the best you can, you use your skills the best you can, and if physics beats you, so be it. A drain because a sling randomly went off at half strength sounds incredibly lame. What's satisfying about that?

Totally agree. It sounds more like a half baked novelty, that would replace skill with randomness... why not randomize the flipper strength too while you’re at it?!

#4266 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I completely disagree... randomness can be intoxicatingly fun when ocassionally introduced. I like the idea.

Stick with pachinko.

#4288 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Lionman restores order to the wasteland

What does Total Nuclear Annihilation have to do with Lionman/Swords of Fury?

1 week later
#4367 6 years ago

When will the TNA album be available on iTunes and Spotify?

1 week later
#4579 6 years ago

Are any TNA machines coming up on route to play in New York City?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonesjb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=jonesjb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.