Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1480 2 years ago

Thanks for posting here. I can't access FB while at work.

#1670 2 years ago

I want to watch Scott blow the game up again. Anyone know what the timestamp of that awesome game is?

#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just look at the feature list

...but only one pop bumper.

Seriously, though. I think at this point, it is inescapable that I will have one in my gameroom, and it will quite likely be a NIB purchase.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

RZ standard has a translight.

No, it doesn't. My #69 is a real backglass. The only translights were the ones they sold as wall hangers.

Quoted from Fortytwo:

I can't personally speak for AMH I thought that was a translight too.

Nope, backglass also.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

All Spooky's games have real backglasses.

This guy would know.

Edit: Wait, what? fortytwo Your collection shows that you own a RZ.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

With the clear coated cabinet option, the five cabinet pieces that get art are sent to the printer. The art is then printed directly on the cabinet pieces. Those pieces then go back to the cabinet shop where they get clear coated. Now those pieces go to Spooky for cabinet assembly.

That sounds expensive with all the extra shipping and labor.

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I love the look but don't know if I could justify 1k especially if I won't see the sides that often because it's between two other pins.

I have a WOZ standard, and the clear coated cabinet is the one ECLE feature that I envy. Like with WOZ, however, I suspect I'll end up with decals due to the extra cost. Especially since we're talking about Spooky decals, which are very nicely done.

1 week later
#2277 2 years ago

Where are you guys seeing machine numbers? I have an order confirmation, but don't see any numbers in that range. Not that it really matters all that much,but having a ballpark wait time would be nice.

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can ask KT

It's not that important. I don't want to bother her, and I'm guessing she'll let us all know when things settle down.

#2487 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the loss of the footage is unfortunate because scott scored 2.4M in a game

If that's true, it really sucks. I was looking for that game a while back and couldn't find it.

1 week later
#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Given the recent lovefest for SoF ... rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile.

LOL

#2890 2 years ago

If I order a Canadian pinball machine and have it shipped to the US, what type of coins would it accept? Oh, wait...

2 weeks later
#3133 2 years ago

So, there are going to be two service rails crammed into that?

#3135 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I was going to make an enclosure for my 10" sub in my MET but the service rails are already almost touching the speaker magnet now.

I considered it for RZ as well. Same outcome.

#3232 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmm, at 8 production games a week that would put me sometime in February for delivery, which is awesome. Been a long time since I've looked this forward to a game.
My first Spooky!

Agreed. 8 a week would put me in November, and I'm STILL sitting here thinking that there has to be someone earlier that would want to trade spots. My third Spooky. Will tie them for top manufacturer in my gameroom.

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

There is also going to be a ramp up period so this may not an exact calculation.

Haha. Understood, and no worries. I'm just really looking forward to it.

#3327 2 years ago

Four is the highest I remember seeing as well.

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Does that say game #45?

I'm not sure it really even matter what it says. I would think that they wanted to make sure Joe had a game to take to the York show this weekend. He may have been bumped ahead in line, or it may be a "test" or other special game. Either way, not a big deal. We'll apparently be waiting for whysnow to let us know they're shipping.

Great pictures, BTW.

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Charlie and Kayte in the front seat of the car. All of you are kids in the back.

Here's another analogy. It's mid-December (we think; we don't have a calendar), and there are presents under the tree. We're a bunch of kids waiting to open them. We're talking about it among ourselves. Maybe we ARE saying "Is it time to open them yet?" repeatedly, but we're excited kids, and we're not bothering Dad and Mom.

If Charlie and Kayte choose to be in the same room as us, they will inevitably hear some of that. As long as we're not bothering them by calling or emailing, what's the harm?

#3385 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I talked at length with Chuck this past weekend. He explained what's going on. I can wait.

...and because of that, you don't have to speculate on when, unlike the rest of us who aren't close friends with them.

Seriously, don't directly bug Spooky with update requests, but on here, my opinion is that talking about it is fair game.

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He honestly had no idea when I'd get my game. A lot of it has to do with the cabinet maker.

You might not have gotten a solid date, but you got an answer, which is actually information that the rest of us in this thread are interested in. It sounds like if you ordered the butter cabinet, your delivery depends a lot on when the cabinet maker can churn them out.

#3459 2 years ago

I'm betting that if you buy 1000 PD-LED boards, you can get them for a bit less than $90. Still, I get what you're saying. Any kind of boards (these included) add up quickly.

1 week later
#3557 2 years ago

Butterball

3 weeks later
#3697 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

oh lordy I just heard I'm #29 or somewhere right around that number. Wheeeeeeee..... pinball!

...but I believe this is just another one shipped out of order. We're not already 29 games in, I don't think.

1 month later
#4043 2 years ago

#60 here, and I really appreciate you guys posting any updates you hear. I haven't heard anything from KT about mine, and I'm not going to bother her for an udpate. I was hopeful that I could play mine during the holidays, but that's looking less likely as time passes.

1 week later
#4106 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Anyone know roughly what they're up to? I'm #153, and was told in August that it'd be around the beginning of January. Just lookin' to find out if that's still true, without bothering Kayte if possible.

Latest info I saw was a game in the mid 30's somewhere that was on the test line last week. Charlie said there was a bunch that should go out late this week. Best I can tell, that means we're up to about #50 by the end of this week. I'm #60, and I'm not expecting mine to be ready until after the holidays, though that's my own estimate, nothing from Spooky. I have not been contacted about build options or payment yet. I also would not expect #153 to be ready in January.

#4126 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Got the email from Kayte today about what extras I wanted . My game is going on the production line next week!
My game # is 54 .

I got the email for #60 as well. She didn't say when it would be on the line, though.

1 week later
#4186 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have a friend who sets all his System 11's to 9 ball.

...and all his System 9's to 11 ball?

1 week later
#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

*spoiler alert*
Why is there not a "hide text" option on pinside?

There is, but it's not as easy as just clicking on something. Wrap your text in [spoiler]your text [/spoiler], but with less than/greater than symbols instead of brackets.

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.Like this »

Just added a new feature. If you destroy a reactor, it will award you 1 single point along with your reactor destroyed value. This way we will be able to track by looking at people's scores how many reactors they destroyed during their games. I am excited about this feature.

Finally, a good use for that useless 0 at the end of scores. I love it!

2 weeks later
#4373 2 years ago

#60 shipped today.

#4388 2 years ago

My wife says #60 is in the garage. It's so easy to come down with a cold this time of year.

#4442 2 years ago

They're not ALL going to operators. Mine is a home game. I do plan to have a group of locals over once I work out the few issues that cropped up during shipping, so it's not like I'm not introducing new people to it, though.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Haul it across the street to chris' house for tonight's gathering

Haha. I'd invite you over for a few games, but the LCD isn't working, the basement is a mess, and I'm going to bed in about an hour. It's been an exhausting week.

#4501 2 years ago

The album will be released for free on all the streaming platforms on Friday January 26th.

I have my fingers crossed that this includes Amazon. I see Component Breakdown on there now, but not Bleeding Neon.

Your combination of talents amazes me. Both the left brain and right brain are firing on all cylinders.

#4565 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

these tracks are brain worms that get in your head!
love it!

They make my flipper fingers twitch.

#4567 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does Spooky run numbers in order? This is my first time buying a Spooky game, so I'm not familiar with those sorts of things. I thought they weren't necessarily run in numerical order.

For the most part, they do.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm not going to the dark side... I swear.
We have more requests for people wanting to play this on location than ALL OUR OTHER GAMES COMBINED... this in turn has led to more operator requests, more show requests, more home sales... more everything.
Having a hit game on our hands is a good problem to have. Hiring a ton of people is a temporary solution and a double edged sword... I also don't want to be laying people off in a year. Right now, yep... we are hiring! Even in a flooded market, we have that much faith in TnA and Alice Cooper.
I've literally turned down more than a dozen offers for extra $$$ to get "someone a game quicker". I've said no 100% of the time.
The bulk of the games are being done in the order they were taken. Being an operator doesn't automatically bump you to the front. I also have to take care of everyone that works here and look out for the companies best interests... if getting a game to a big time show means more jobs & security, it's good for everyone. You and us!
All the games will be built and delivered... that I promise. We've never NOT shipped someone a game, and having a hit game is a great problem to have for a small pinball company in the middle of nowhere WI.

#4609 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

how do you build up the jackpots? I know 100% to get critical reactor but is there a way to make the destroy reactor more valuable?

As pmaino says, complete the upper targets to max the reactor value. Also, destroy the reactor while in multiball to multiply it by the number of balls.

#4638 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am also curious about this. I have held off buying because I have kids and we all share a music library.

Alpha Particles is instrumental, as is almost the entire album. Nothing to worry about for kids, other than spontaneous dancing.

#4642 1 year ago

Since the four displays use a daisy chained serial interface, a loose cable that affected player 1 would almost certainly affect the other players as well.

The board on this page is the same design, and the schematic is useful in diagnosing.
http://embedded-lab.com/blog/introducing-a-new-serial-spi-8-digit-seven-segment-led-display-module-using-max7219/

With mine, I had certain segments on player 3 that were out when certain numbers were displayed. Mine had a solder bridge on the back side of the dip socket, hidden by one of the 7 segment modules. I was able to fix it by removing the 7 segment module and cleaning up the solder bridge.

Russell's, it's only the 'a' segment, and only on one module. I'd check for an open pin on the module, which would be an easy fix if that were the case. ...or just let Spooky replace it.

#4663 1 year ago

The coolest part about that is it will show up in tournaments and score tracking apps. Also high scores on Pinside!
--Scott

I've already started using it when I enter scores into iScored, even though I obviously don't have 1.1.0 yet. I do think I'd still like a separate display on the game, though. I mean, we have "Spinner Winner" and "Bumper Thumper", but not "Reactor Ransacker"? Not a big deal either way, but it would be nice.

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

I finally got 4 reactors! 9 looks impossible at this point.

Started it, or destroyed it? Either way, nice job. I've only destroyed 4 once.

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Decent player and all-around great guy Bowen Kerins will be streaming TNA today, Thursday 2/1 around 10 AM Spooky time (central).
http://twitch.tv/ontilt
See you in chat?

Any idea how that game was set up? Slope? Out lane posts? Coil settings?

1 week later
#4866 1 year ago

I went to the next size up, and I'd still like a bit brighter.
http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=13SMDG18TOWER

It's bright enough that now you can see it shining on the wall, but it doesn't really grab the attention like I thought it would.

1 week later
#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Do you have a link for this?

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The level can be bought most anywhere. The metal piece is off some WPC game that got parted out. I've got all kinds of that stuff around here.

If you're only looking for the protector piece,
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120

For the level, you'll have to shift it up a bit or drill a couple of holes in the protector and get one of these.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3499

#4980 1 year ago

True, but why get it for $4 when you can spend $15?

#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Should I assume that I am the only person interested in this mod?
or
No news is good news?

I'm planning to buy them as well.

#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is it possible to update TNA using a Mac? Instructions?

Yes. Same as a PC. Copy the .pkg file to a thumb drive, insert it in the SBC USB port, turn the game on, and wait until it's done.

1 week later
#5071 1 year ago

Plastic protectors

#5073 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Is that from Pinball life also?

You can buy them direct from Spooky

#5084 1 year ago

It has been 49 days since #60 arrived, so 38 games in the past 7 weeks.

1 week later
#5255 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So no chance of a 1player vs 2player mode if 3 players are selected for VS CO-OP?

Can't guy 3 just be player 2 and player 4?

#5360 1 year ago

Every machine is for sale if you throw enough money at it.

Quoted from BillySastard:

BTW, I should be getting mine in May. If anyone wants it, it's theirs for $10k.

For $10k, you can have the one out of my basement tonight. I'll take the profit and get right back in line.

#5375 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Would $8500 motivate you to ship it to NorCal?

Not me, but maybe someone.

I assume you're talking about the seller paying for and arranging shipping. When you figure the original price of the game, shipping, meeting the freight company, getting it to the gameroom, tweaking the game, getting the dimples just the way I like them, then having to accept a remote payment, prepare it for shipping, paying for shipping to you, meeting the freight company for shipping to you, buying another game, waiting for it, and repeating the whole new game thing; $8500 is not enough to cross my threshold.

#5436 1 year ago

I don't believe there is a "healthy market" for them at $7k - $10k. There's likely a few impatient people who are willing to pay that. There's no way that Spooky would be selling 350+ of them in that price range.

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

TABS, NOT SPACES

Am I missing a joke? Scott freely shares code to a game he has spent a lot of time on, and your response is to critque his formatting? Please tell me I have misunderstood.

#5470 1 year ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

It’s a joke. Ever watch Silicon Valley? It’s a silly nerd debate

That's good to hear. No, I've never watched that show. I have a 6 year old, so I hardly ever watch anything. I'm aware of the debate, which is why, lacking the context of knowing it was a joke, I found it to be a petty comment.

#5488 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Clearly you missed something. If I was going to mess with someone, why would I figure out how to make a fake t-shirt with a pithy response..

Yes, I missed that it was a joke. I apologize for that.

As for the t-shirt, it would not have had to have been a fake. It could very well have been a real t-shirt that already existed, even if it was meant to be taken seriously. It is also very easy to make fake images of t-shirts with basically anything on them.

1 week later
#5525 1 year ago

If this code looks good, it will post the release ASAP!

So, how did it go? Are we all going to be playing co-op this weekend?

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I FINALLY DID IT! Co-Op mode reactor 9 gets blow up on ball 3 player 2. I was extremely nervous going into reactor 9. I even had to close chat. I've been at this for almost two months now, and finally achieved it solo. I'm so excited for other TNA owners and patrons to try this new code. Co-Op and Versus modes are a lot of fun.
» YouTube video

So, 10 balls, with no EB. Pretty darned good, and anyone who hasn't tried this yet, you're likely to get a surprise at how difficult it actually is.

The best I've done is 10 balls plus 2 EB. The last few balls, I took about a minute break between them to calm myself and think strategy.

#5623 1 year ago
Quoted from Toads:

I couldn't imagine destroying the reactor without that rumble once you've used it.

That, and when you have a ball trapped on a flipper with the reactor critical and the shaker is lightly rumbling, making the ball bounce around.

1 week later
#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I even considered modifying the mounting screws using nylon bushings to tilt the top of the display back into the head and provide a better viewing angle from the players perspective (similar to the angle Stern uses on theirs). You'd also have to fashion something to cover the gap that would be created between the mounting board and the edges of the monitor if you did that.

I went so far as to create a bracket with a baffle around the edges of the screen. While it helped the contrast, it looked kinda hokey, and the top edge of the display was blocked by the top edge of the cutout, dependent on the player's height. To do it right, I think a completely new speaker panel would be needed.

#5736 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The tilt responds a little differently than your standard WPC game, almost delayed a bit, and I'm not sure about how the debounce is setup. A few TILTS have caught me off guard that I probably deserved about 15 seconds earlier.

I spent some time trying to make mine act a bit more "normal". There are two software settings that you can use to tweak it. One is "Sensitivity", which I believe is the amount of time that the plumb bob has to stay in contact with the ring to register a switch closure. The other is "Settle Time", which seems to be the amount of time that switch closures are ignored after you've been given a warning.

Since the Settle Time is set to 2500 by default, it takes a minimum of 5 seconds for a big move to cause a tilt, assuming you didn't already have a warning. On WPC games, this equivalent of Settle Time is more like 800 ms, based on my measurements.

So, I tried setting my Settle Time to 1000 ms on TNA, and it became obvious why it was set so high. I was getting tilt-throughs pretty frequently, even on the v1.2.0 code. I watched the tilt bob, and it continues moving a LONG time. It also has an odd habit of missing the ring on a few (or many) swings, then finally coming into contact with the ring again. I believe the misses allow the game software to switch to the next player, then new swings that actually do make contact cause the tilt-through. I do not think this is a software bug, but I'm also not sure how WPC games do so much better at preventing this. This continued swinging can also cause that delayed tilt you mentioned.

I've been experimenting with ways to dampen the swinging in hopes of finding one that doesn't prevent legitimate tilts. I used a piece of foam stuck in the hole where the tilt bob hangs, and that does cause the bob to slow it's swinging nicely, but it also allows huge moves with only two warnings.

The other problem I've run into is that some switch closures just aren't registering, even if I set "Sensitivity" to 0. I can flick the tilt bob by hand, hear it bounce off the ring multiple times, and sometimes, I don't even get a warning from this. I'm not sure if the electrical contact of the tilt bob is inconsistent or if the software is somehow missing these. If I can stay motivated long enough, I plan to hook up an oscilloscope to see if it can see switch closures when this happens.

#5744 1 year ago

The earplug mod worked really well for my production machine though.

I'll be sure to give this a try. Maybe the foam I used was just too dense, or maybe my bob was just not adjusted right. With the foam, I got a max of two warnings, no matter how hard I pushed. If I then tried to move the bob up tighter, the shaker was setting it off.

#5757 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Keep us posted on what you find out.

The earplug mod worked really well for my production machine though.

An earplug cut into quarters was too small. It wouldn't expand large enough to even hold itself in place. With half an earplug, it definitely helps. I can set the Settle time to 1000 and Sensitivity to 0, and the results are MUCH better. I still get some missed closures that I plan to investigate using an oscilloscope.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from herg:

I still get some missed closures that I plan to investigate using an oscilloscope.

...and to wrap it up, it seems that the Sensitivity setting does not get applied until after I reboot. On 29, I can bounce the plumb bob around a LOT without it registering. Change it to 0, and it is still very insensitive. Reboot, and it is now a hair trigger.

With it set to 1000 or 1500 Settle, 0 Sensitivity, an earplug, and a middle height, mine now feels "normal".

2 weeks later
#5901 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

2: STDM from the scoop a good few times

Try the medium scoop processing speed.

3 weeks later
#6229 1 year ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Does anyone know where this red cable goes to the power supply?

All three of the screws on the right side of the supply as shown in your picture should be marked as V+. The wire can connect to any of those.

#6238 1 year ago

I'm not a big mirror guy, either, but I did do mirrors on mine.

2 weeks later
#6357 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would still like to see a bit more priority in code so tilt warning come through to the front ASAP.

I found that setting Sensitivity to 0 helped this a lot. Otherwise, I was seeing legitimate switch closures being ignored. Of course, if you do this, you'll also want dampen the movement using something like the earplug pickleric shows.

1 week later
#6409 1 year ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

This was my concern too, and after watching Bowen play it on YouTube, it confirmed my fear.

In order to play it like Bowen does, you have to have extremely good control. Constant live catches on the right flipper are not as easy as he makes it look. Restarting multiball is also not as easy or safe as he makes it look. I agree with lpeters82 , for a player of my skill level, constantly trying to restart multiball is not the way to go about it. I have to choose when to use my multiball and constantly be on my toes, both physically and mentally. If I start making bad decisions about what to shoot, it all goes downhill quickly.

If you're looking for complex rules, I'll grant you that DI certainly has it beat in that department. I personally have much more fun playing TNA, though.

1 week later
#6455 1 year ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

TNA is everything I was hoping Iron Maiden would be. Maiden is complete garbage thrown together with a license slapped on it and TNA is a work of GENIUS!

I would have thought Stern hater, yet, you own a Kiss LE? Can't we express our love for a game without having to talk crap about a different one?

1 month later
#6567 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Well, my prediction came true. The company R&L subbed to for the "last mile" delivery showed up at my house without calling or scheduling delivery. I'm at work, and my 95 lb 4'8" wife was left to inspect and move the machine onto our property. The delivery guy first refused to help, but then agreed to at least get it behind our fence. I've now canceled a bunch of meetings so I can get home and move inside before it rains. Needless to say I'm not happy, and I'm sure everyone at both R&L and the other company could care less.

That really does suck, but FWIW, I think you have until Wednesday before you need to worry about rain.

#6572 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Uh, not so much. See above :/

Wow! That's some bad luck. I work in Fairfax and barely saw a cloud all day. The forecast said 10% chance. Anyway, I'm glad it's inside, safe and sound.

#6576 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So TNA backbox is WIDER than normal Stern and Bally/Williams machines?

Not really, it's the same as a WPC. Maybe slightly wider than Stern depending on the era.

#6579 1 year ago

My TNA measures at 28-3/4", as do my AMH, TZ, AFM (original), WW, and the Taxi that I'm borrowing, not that it really matters if your doorway is 28-3/4" as well since they still wouldn't fit. My two Stern games, Tron and IM, are 27-5/8". Does your TNA have a 1/4" of butter on it?

I'm a bit surprised that the CGC remakes would fit, but maybe they are slightly smaller than the rest. You don't mention the JJP games, which I believe are also 28-3/4", so I'm guessing they didn't fit.

My basement door is a 32" door, but it doesn't swing fully into the room. The thickness of the door blocks the opening, so games don't fit through my door easily, either. In my case, I can remove the door from the hinges easier than I can remove the head from games. If I had rain coming, however, I would head to the garage first.

3 weeks later
#6761 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m on the fence, can’t decide.
[quoted image]

Quit being a pussy ; get off the fence, and give it a try. As long as you've been debating it, you're probably not going to convince yourself without owning one. Worst case, it gets stale, and you sell it.

3 weeks later
#6887 1 year ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The game got to meet it’s Grandfather. Love love love me some Spooky Pinball!

Congrats. It's the same games in the same location at my house. Even the wall color is somewhat similar. A crappy picture I had handy:

spooky (resized).PNG
3 weeks later
#6974 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

ok, so got my TNA picked up and all setup yesterday, I purchased a set of herg's diffuser rings... I went to install them today, and I must be a moron or something cause I cant figure it out... I think his rings replace spooky's black rings... but my lights are GLUED inside those black rings. also, it looks like if I just swapped the rings, the leds would be on the WRONG side and I would still be able to see them.
someone that has these rings installed, could you snap a couple of pics an post here or maybe PM them to me? granted, I didn't have a lot of time to spend on it, so any and all help is much appreciated.
thanks friends!

Nah, you're not a moron. They can be confusing, and it seems that Spooky has changed how they're mounting them. Someone at Spooky HQ seems to really LOVE the hot glue gun.

Here is a picture of how my diffusers install. You basically remove everything, down to the wood speaker panel. Put the LED strip through the hole with the wire sitting in the gap in the diffuser. Put the speaker on the back side of the diffuser and screw it down. Then, go to the front and insert the LED strip into the gap between the speaker panel and diffuser. Finally, replace the grill.

20180504_211803 (resized).jpg
#6979 1 year ago

When I designed the diffusers, here's what Spooky's instructions looked like. The only difference in how the diffusers install is that you use the diffuser instead of the black bracket you can see in the upper right image.

If Spooky has changed the mounting and started gluing them, it will make it a bit more "messy" to change over since you'll have pull the strip loose and get rid of any 3D printed stuff they have in there. All you want is the wooden speaker panel, the LED strips, the diffusers you get from me (or print yourself), the speakers, the metal grills, and optionally the plastic mesh.

388aaadcd5dfddd7c22b214455b8971887723918.pdf
2 months later
#7175 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What ever happened with RZ? Did they make the full production run? How many pins was that?

Yes, they built 300.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside