Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

The stars are all lined up, add a great hand drawn 80's style art package and you've got a winner.

Scott said the art is being worked on right now

Don't think Outrun art style looks great hand drawn. You need stuff like this

r4wl6erbi9fy (resized).jpg
a2708728372_10 (resized).jpg
gruqx73wllvx (resized).jpg
q1uvua927ttx (resized).jpg
QynrMMK (resized).png

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Scott, please post a good picture of the under playfield. People need to get some perspective of exactly what is going on here.
This WOULD NOT be a cheap machine to manufacture.
In the long haul, fun factor is what rules the day, not toys and ramps. BTW, TA has pulled off a couple of neat little hat tricks; a toy created out of commonly used parts (the inline drops used as a ball locking mech) and an upper playfield that doesn't require you to actually grunt your way up there - i.e., it doesn't really exist while completely feeling like it is does.

de1f4e2825e4812f116fd12b9658403b (resized).jpg

#185 2 years ago

Gomez is a fan of T.A.
Everyone is a fan.
I am a fan.
I want one in my pin room, someone make it happen!

One thing I love is the ball being ejected out of the scoop immediately.
I have GBLE here at the moment ( fun game) but the thing that annoys me the most is when I shoot the scoop (left) it can be up to 30 seconds of mostly unskippable DMD annimations. Tobins spirit guide, Scene Start, Extra ball animation....
JUST GIVE ME MY BALL BACK!

3 weeks later
#326 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I didn't play it enough to have a great understanding of the full rules, but it does seem to be primarily based on destroying the reactors while trying to be in multiball mode for the final critical shots.

I thought I overheard that there were other builders interested and that Scott choose Spooky. Either way, it's good for Spooky.

Who else would do it?

#329 2 years ago

Hmm. Would probably wouldn't trust anyone but spooky, jjp and stern to produce it at this stage since AP is too new, Heighway hasn't got it all together yet etc. And I doubt JJP and stern would be interested but I'd like to be wrong and hope that everyone was throwing money at Scott.

#358 2 years ago

So is it currently in a standard size cab? I know its a in a Dolly Parton... But is that the same playfield size as a standard Stern/Spooky game?

#367 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

very cool, just need some overseas distributors as would love to add this to the house

Spooky games make their way down here through pizza and pinball

#371 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

not a true distributor, really a importer

Whats the difference? There is still warranty on parts and spooky make more money then having to give ~30% to a distributor.
You pay them directly.
Unless Spooky start moving some serious product no one is going get 1/3 of a container into the country at a time. And even then why would spooky want to give up their margins when the situation is working out fine?

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry if I missed it, but can you give a synopses or back story to the theme?

From dead flip stream... Go to the start and he explains it . I held my phone with the android siri to my speakers and fixed some of the mistakes it made.

the storyline of this whole thing is you are from 1988 and you are sitting down with some scientists and they said "Hey man we got some bad news, but you're going to be able to fix this!". A future civilization have discovered reverse time travel (which we all know there is a big problems with Reverse time travel because you come back and screw everything up. Paradoxes and all sorts of stuff. They are going to use this for evil and we know this (they are scientists after all) they need you to go forward in time (which is fine because that's easily doable with cryogenics etc or whatever they have in 1988)
So they are going to send you in the distant to destroy the civilization before they invent reverse time travel.

So they have 9 nuclear reactors map on the (lower PF) on their land that you need to start and overheat (Upper PF). You are trying to destroy everything and everyone so it's a 1 way mission (there is no reverse time travel obviously so you cannot get back). If you win you're going to die. If you don't win, the world is f**ked.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in my mind... she is SUPER hot!

I am pretty sure Scott said in the stream that is actually just recorded google translate lady

#562 2 years ago

I was so happy to see Scotts design picked up by spooky. But now I kinda wish I didn't know about it until it was a month out and completely designed etc.
I don't want to read through 6+ months of suggestions and price speculation which is going to kill my buzz! But I don't want to drain the thread and miss important information!
Damn you pinside!

2 weeks later
#656 2 years ago

This pinball is now officially called

"Total Nuclear Annihilation"

Will remain on PROC. No price yet. Might be in production at the end of the year.
Another dead flip stream on May 12th.
They said they are not changing much at all. So might not be in a spooky cab?
Charlie said they aren't limiting sales. But making them in 'blocks'.

#659 2 years ago

Scott Danesi.

#661 2 years ago

They totally meant that.

Good 1 hour interview on spooky podcast
accidentally listened to the end of it before the start due to fat fingers on mobile phone which is where he announces the new name. TnA

#717 2 years ago

So if i understood the podcast right, this will be the first game that doesn't have a limited run and no limited time frame to order? They will keep making them as long there is enough demand?

What do potential buyers feel about this?

A hypothetical.

Would you rather buy this for 7k knowing there will only be 150 units. Or buy at 6k knowing that they will make as many as they can (potentially less than 150, but potentially a lot more)

#722 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have emailed Kayte and I am going to be buying one of these for sure when made.
I just want to own and play the game , I don't care how many they make or plan on making . I do hope they sell a bunch of these though , it is how much fun the game is to play that makes it valuable to me not the total number produced.

At what cost would you be out?
It sounds like it might cost more than a normal spooky game

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Did you catch near the end of the podcast where Scott said he was going to show everyone what happens when you destroy the 9th (final) reactor?
I was horrified to hear that, spoiler alert man! You should have to work for that, not be fed it before anyone has even played the game.

Yes! Don't show the end before I have even played the game! Will watch the stream but tune out if/when they do that

1 week later
#885 2 years ago

Main character is not what I was expecting! Thought for sure she/he would be half cyborg!

Part man.
Part cyborg
All cyber commando

Probably looks more late 90s than 80s but I can't see very well. Footage on YT soon deadflip?
Any new info revealed?

#939 2 years ago

Was thinking someone more like this. Less Lexi, more sexy.
I hate suggesting stuff but I guess we are in uncharted territory with a whitewood homebrew project being turned into a production game.

showtime_by_tiger1313-d8qgyv2 (resized).jpg

#983 2 years ago

Mr. K interviewed Scott for an hour+ in his latest podcast.
Some good info in there for those interested in the project.

Also, just noticed Lionman is on the backglass.

18491530_1433710856690137_8415466169065010846_o (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1368 2 years ago

Spooky podcast hinted that TnA would be coming sooner rather than later... Original estimate was maybe later this year?

3 weeks later
#1839 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Does it help to know it's Scott's wife?

I think it would be creepy if he turned around and liked it now because of that

1 week later
#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Options are very simple and other then the direct print cabinet are very inexpensive. Really looking forward to getting this game. I think this game is going to sell really well at this price point. Going to be a home run for Spooky.
Now on to Alice Cooper!!!!!

Can you list the options?

#2394 2 years ago

When does the shaker fire off? Reactor explosion?

#2502 2 years ago

How much fun does this game look to play with friends?
Does the game come with free friends with every purchase?

#2505 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The excitement during the stream was intense (as well as the soundtrack). I'll admit it, I drank the Kool aid. I'm in on the early part of Batch #4.

Scott being on Reactor 4 was a great moment! Can't imagine how intense it would be past that!
I just got my refund for cancelling Star Wars LE and I am very close to pulling the trigger.

The game doesn't look like it really can be exploited score/progression wise.
My question to those who have played it.
What is stopping people from just going for multiball all the time? is the shot too hard to hit consistently?

#2507 2 years ago

I am pretty sure you can Overheat a reactor and blow up a reactor while in multiball.
But I dont think you can qualify, or start a reactor while in multiball.

#2512 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Would be cool if there was a bonus multiball in the game that kept all the board rules live (except the main multiball). Maybe after destroying reactor 5, or a certain # of combos, or something.

Warp 9.9!

#2754 2 years ago

So are the numbers displayed anywhere but the box? Do we get an LE plaque signed by the now famous Scott D?

4 months later
#4337 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Oh, and Scott Denesi is awesome!!

This is a fact!
We interviewed the man himself for our podcast this week and he answered all our questions
We talked about his journey with TNA, his music, and the upcoming update and the possibility of future pins.
Will be uploaded on episode 25 in about.....28 hours from this post here - http://www.head2headpinball.com/

#4351 1 year ago

Here is the Scott interview!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/01/08/episode-25-scott-danesi-has-a-roos-ballbag-karl-deangelo-does-not

A massive episode. We could have split it up into 2 episodes but we decided to keep it as one big fat one.
We interview Scott Danesi about his journey with TNA. What he has been up to since the machine start production, whats in the upcoming update, the music, and future plans. We also chat about Kangaroo testicles.

We are giving away a SIGNED copy of the TNA cassette, details on how to enter are in the podcast.

Then we interviewed Karl DeAngelo who is one of the busiest guys in pinball with his involvement with IE pinball, critical hit cards and the INDISC tournament happening this weekend!

If you don't want to hear me and martymainframe talk crap about pinball the Scott interview starts at around 10 minutes and 46 seconds in!

Website - http://www.head2headpinball.com/
if you want to sub on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/head2head-pinball/id1263342244

1 month later
#4905 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

7.4 here. Go steep or go home.

Geez. drop targets still work fine on those settings?

#4925 1 year ago

Is this Gerry S of 7 x TNA COMBO fame?
I managed to finally knock you off the high score list yesterday with 8 combos.

1 week later
#5054 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Question for operators who have TNA out on site. What coin mech did you put in the game?

I tried QL. Won't fit its too fat. You need something that is slim line.
Coin options basic, it's switch hit. So you just need something that accepts or rejects the coins you want.

1 week later
#5140 1 year ago

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet!

Co-op mode coming!
Work WITH your friends to take down reactors!
Is this a first for pinball?

Will be shown at TPF!

Screenshot_20180310-133612~01 (resized).png

#5145 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Could be a first.
Another extension of this could be playing in teams of 2 to take down reactors.

Its a game changer! I know you can just set that game at home to 6 balls and play a 2 player game but this is a first in pinball ans I can't wait to see where it leads.

#5210 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How many TNAs and how many ACNCs will be down in TPF??

I believe 2 x ACNC
and 4 x TNA

3 weeks later
#5544 1 year ago

#393 games sold!!!! That is amazing.

#5644 1 year ago

These look amazing and really finish off the machine! I think they will be available soon.

Lights change colours depending on what game state you are in.
Purple - normal
Yellow - reactor ready to start
Etc etc.

Also a +1 for getting a shaker. Don't not get one. The reactor critical stage really is made complete with the use of the shaker!

20180410_162726 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5808 1 year ago

Where is that guy that graphed out Rob Zombie shipments when you need him!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 265.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside